All Comments on 'After Edward'

by mikedg123

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Stephanie789456Stephanie789456over 18 years ago
wonderful

What a nice, lovely story. I'm really enjoying it and hope that you continue with another chapter. It's well-written and emotionally descriptive. So nice. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Lovely

This is a lovely story. It moved me a lot and I loved how he learned to read the bear's expressions. I felt so much for him as he struggled with his loss and the feelings of guilt about moving on. And I really like how it wasn't sexual. It was a lovely way for him to start feeling his way back to living. Of course, I'm rooting for Leander.

Ken NitsuaKen Nitsuaover 18 years ago
Teeters on the verge of sentimental...

but just avoids falling in, because of the quality of the writing. I enjoyed it, especially the strong sense of locale, having been to England many times, and eaten Tesco meals :-). Will there be more? Best, Ken

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Lovely

This was just a sweet lovely story. I absolutely loved the hint of the supernatural in it, with the bear and all.

Hmm, wonder how he's gonna explain it to Leander if their relationship progresses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
What a perfect way...

What a perfect way to show how someone is capable of moving on after losing a loved one. I love how "Teddy" was able to facilitate the closure. Great story.

dinkybootsdinkybootsabout 12 years ago
more

any more to this story.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Really

Someone should finish this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Quite good

I like this as a nice short dive into the grief of a man that lost the love of his life. I appreciate the bear as a clear metaphor for his own feelings of needing to push beyond the grief and begin living again. Him basically convincing himself via the bear, using it as a stand in for how Edward would have reacted to his actions without realizing it was a nice touch. Having him remark that Edward would have laughed at the subway incident and having the bear just before and not too long after was a masterful way of getting the reader into that mindset. Having him attach himself to the ghost of his lover via an old childhood bear was also great at giving us a glimpse into how much he truly loved Edward. The would crushing pain, and the movement into the world again expressed in a concise, less than 2 full pages of work? Excellent. I truly cant say enough good things about the emotion behind the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous