All Comments on 'After the Future is Gone Pt. 02'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 224 Comments (Page 3)
Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright4 months ago

You know this is a fantasy , fat guys never get hot chicks unless they got money. Or she was with them before they got fat and now she just stays with them for stability while getting sick on the side.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great second chapter to a great story. Thanks, NTH, I love it. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

His relationship with Emily transitioned far too quickly and was far too focused on sex... a massive Red flag regarding future success. The sexual relationship shouldn't have even happened until he'd resolved his issues by talking to Lisa. During his conversation with Lisa they should have had a farewell sex session, which years later he'd find out made her pregnant thus getting his real revenge on Pete by making him a true cuckold.

It was interesting to hear the pop psychology, but honestly all marriages have problems, periods in which one or other feels trapped etc., they get over it because that's what adults do and pretending that going from one relationship into another isn't a counterfactual to her claim that it wasn't him is absurd. It was, and Pete was the better man in asmuch as he's the one she chose. On this point trying to claim ownership of such choices is absurd in a world where we know that decisions are made before the conscious mind is even fully aware of the question. It sucks to accept that there is no such thing as freewill, but not as much as realising that while everything we 'believe' are actually post hoc rationalisations of decisions 'we' didn't make but are responsible for because that what we are at the fundamental level.

jmmj5jmmj54 months ago

A very good, complete story.

2nd time through There were several times while reading, I thought, "Please don't let him wallow in his mistakes."...and you didn't. Well done. I'm so glad you included this paragraph (partial paste)

"Lisa hid it from me, flat out hid her problems from me. She hid them from me for literal years.... She went to someone else to get the support she wanted. We were supposed to be a team."

Loved that realization.

Thanks for sharing.

Gadf77Gadf774 months ago

Good story and nice ending.

Odess83Odess834 months ago

Хорошая история! Единственное мне жаль, что Лиза и Пит не страдали. Все же, как не крути, именно они главные злодеи здесь.

Psychman24Psychman244 months ago

Very well done and realistic characters each with their own issues and mistakes. Positive portrayal of psychotherapy and emotional healing as well, which is rare for these stories. I get tired of black and white good guys and bad guys, when real life is usually much more complicated than that.

60022Mallard60022Mallard4 months ago

The extended descriptions of the sex act increased the length of the story without adding anything to it, so a 4 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Enjoyed the story. Sex scenes was overdone. And the forgiveness, wasnt what the I was looking for. So 3 star was all I could do.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What can I say…Loved it!

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

It was a pretty good story even if it was, well, rather mundane in almost all aspects. No outrageous drama, or crazy plot twists, just people trying to get on with it. The only thing that kind of disturbed me is that Em's dirty talk is like 99% similar to my wife's (we even have the same age difference and similar jobs). Like no joke there, maybe because last night is still fresh in my mind, but a couple of lines made me think our guest room had been bugged.

I give this one a 4/5 even if your warning at the start of the chapter about it getting dark proved to be totally unfounded (it was actually rather uplifting really).

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I gotta call bullshit on this one. You managed to make the first wife the villain. She hinted and hinted and he ignored and ignored. They both worked on trying to get through to you. But No you’re so focused you abandoned her, set her up to find support with someone else, then kept making it all her fault.

Yup, she cheated. That’s wrong. But YOU set her up. YOU abandoned your wife for YOUR goal … that was more important than your marriage. That’s on you. You ‘forgave’ her? Gee. What a guy.

ibuguseribuguser3 months ago

Was a good one. I definitely worth a 4*.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Nice to go full circle. Lessons learned, and happiness is a just reward, even if only in fiction. Nice writing. A modern fairytale

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I just loved this. You’re an amazing writer/ storyteller. Even better, in addition to being entertaining, your stories are full of meaning and valuable lessons. A real several steps above. Thank you 🤙🏿

Dennis26Dennis26about 2 months ago

Loved it. 5 stars.

shopratshopratabout 2 months ago

I don't know how I missed this, as I thought I'd read all of your stories. It is really a romance, IMO, but anyways a very nice story indeed. I suggest that we all do an occasional search on a favorite author or two ordered by date, in hopes of turning up overlooked gems :-).

RustyReaderRustyReaderabout 2 months ago

NTH.....you're a romantic! Love this whole piece.

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 2 months ago

The romance was excellent. It wasn't both of their faults.

He was far from perfect and should have done things better in his first marriage.

Zero reason to build and intimate relationship with another while married.

Then stay married while he was ignorant of it all and she was planning with her lover all along behind his back in in secret.

He was far from perfect, she was actively harmful.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

For anonymous from 2 months ago. That called bullshit.

Hey man. If you go to your spouse (who gives zero indication that she's unhappy) and you ask if you should go for the promotion? So "we can buy a house and start a family"? And you discuss that it's gonna take more of your time. Over time. Long hours. Even work from home. And you discuss it openly and honestly? You expect honest feedback. Open communication about it.

And the spouse gets excited and happy for it. And says only supportive things? Does not actually share that she's unhappy? That she wants more, not less, of his time? Communicates to him only that she is happy for the outcome and is willing to sacrifice for their better shared future?

Then how the fuck is it his fault that she fucking lied to him about being happy and excited? Is he a fucking mind reader?

Sure there were signs along the way. He should have picked up on more. And after their discussion at the end he acknowledges that he became too single minded in his focus on work and his promotion. But for fucks sakes.

She. Could. Have. Prevented. The. Whole. Thing. With. ONE. Serious. Conversation.

Right? She could have met him at the door one night after work. Sat him down and said, "honey, I've been agonizing over this for the past 3 months. I'm really really afraid for our future. Please...I feel...unsettled. Unhappy. Unfulfilled. Like I have no identity outside of us. I feel like if we don't change something soon...this will turn from bad to worse. I love you. I need you. I need more of you. Your time. Going out socially. Hell...snuggling and cuddling on the couch. I'm afraid for us. For me. Please. Help me figure this out. Help me fix it for us."

That? That would have sounded the siren for him. This character would have immediately realized something was wrong. And been clued in.

Was he wrong in ways? Yep. Just shit...he was just diligently working towards what he thought (based on her own agreement) was their shared goal. Fuck most men plug away in their daily work lives and miss all kinds of subtleties.

But her hiding her unhappiness from him. Her failure to communicate her needs. Her taking her/their problems to someone outside of their marriage and confiding in another man? Allowing intimacy and affection to grow? Sharing open communication with someone else instead of her spouse? Then fucking that person?

Yeah. That's classic cheater behavior for someone looking to exit a relationship. Cowardice. Looking for a way out. Instead of being honest.

This wife character was a total cunt. What the fuck did she think she was doing by not talking to her husband? She comes off as a selfish moron.

"I'm not happy with my husband. I wish we spent more time together and communicated more. So...should I communicate my unhappiness to him? Nah...I'll just lie to him about being excited he's working overtime for out future. And for good measure I'll spend all my extra time with his best friend. Fall in love with him and then start fucking him. That's my plan."

So...let's just break it down shall we? Fault in this marriage failure? I give him about 15 to 20 percent of the blame. Her? She gets a solid 80 to 85 percent of the blame.

Does it surprise anyone in this story that she and Pete's marriage failed less than 5 years later? Not me. I've known cunts like these two. Friend steals wife away. They are so "happy" together...have to put up the facade that it was meant to be. Otherwise for friends and family it just looks like two shitty horrible people stabbed a good dude in the back for some selfish fucking. It's never surprising when a relationship that starts out that way ends up crashing and burning.

So...in summation. Learn better reading comprehension skills and eat shit anon.

BehindbluisBehindbluis19 days ago

I almost expected Rowena to be his Christmas threesome fantasy gift from Em. Didn't hear anymore about Pete other than a pending divorce. Hey, I'm not complaining. I think your stories are great. Thanks for the entertainment and sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

As opposed to the disappointing part one, this one has a lot more dialogue and plot development. I am on page two now, but had to post this comment.

/

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Unlike part one, this segment rated a solid five stars. Plenty of dialogue and plenty of plot development, and also lots of insight. After part one, I was dubious about how this one would work out. I was glad to see that the sex constituted less of this plot. Part one, I thought could have been trimmed to three or four pages by weeding out some of overwhelming sex. Not rue here. Five stars, making the two parts balance out at four stars, overall.

/

JPB NOT BOB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories