All Comments on 'After the Future is Gone Pt. 02'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 224 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fuckin brilliant story. Just awesome. Good people learning from past mistakes and living well.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

LOL. I'm in the opposite camp from Anon. It was a great part 2. Seems par for the course for this author - just when I'm ready to hate the story for veering into usual garbage LW tropes of man blaming himself and woman getting forgiven because "he still loves her", he puts things back RIGHT where they deserve to be, with protagonist realizing it wasn't nearly as much his fault if at all, and forgiveness is not about her at all, but about his own inner peace.

The only thing I disliked in the story was Emily stopping birth control pills without talking to him. Yes she had a good reason (he himself said he wanted kids ASAP), and yes it all ended well, but it WAS a bad decision for many reasons - among them the fact that she knew how secrets messed up his first marriage, AND risk of him blowing up on wedding night when he found out, AND risk of them being unprepared for kids because didn't discuss beforehand.

I still love the story, so 5 stars nevertheless.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

One last comment - not sure if it's only me, but for some reason I am getting the vibes of Rowena being prepared as joining a threesome with a baby resulting from it, in chapter 3. If that happens, you heard that spoiler here first and I get ONE BILLION internet points.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Solid five star story and one I look forward to reading again If I were to offer an opinion it would be that

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Well that was a fully fun , well written and kinky story!

Thank you!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Great story! …a thoroughly enjoyable read! I am with inka2222… a threesome with Rowena seems to be coming. A present from Emily to the both of them. And, I would also like to read a third chapter… please?!?! Thank-you for writing talent!

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

That was a fun read and a good story, the sex scenes were a little long, but this is an rotic story site so I guess the erotic scenes are expected by some. This is the LW section and I can do without the mention of homsexual relationships. I don't understand them and I'm too old to ever think of them as 'normal'. Regarless of that I do believe in live and let live. After all n my early days pre-marital sex was frowned on and babies out of wedlock were swept onder rug. But I digress, the writer has dine a good job and gets 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You’re certainly not a hack, and you absolutely have a lot of talent! Such a great story and characters. Even the “evil” cheating wife felt real, she has a personality and motivations. I am looking forward to reading more from you!

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

Cute story, very cute. A nice look at rebuilding a life after terrible times. I do like the closure with the ex and while I wouldn't have minded some revenge on Pete I think the story works well without it. 5 stars.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Your name really does not suit you. You have a lot of talent.

.

One quibble - when he met Abe, both Abe and his GF gave him very clear and wrong signals. He wasn't mistaken so much as he was given the wrong idea in a too clear manner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hot

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

Great yarn with a happy-ever-after ending, it needs a part 3 starting 10 years later. Mike had a vasectomy after their third child. Time has taken its toll on the happy couple. The zing has gone out of their marriage. Emily is still fit and attractive in her early 30’s whilst Mike is a boring 45 year old. Emily is seduced by an attractive co-worker and carries on a clandestine affair for 12 months before falling pregnant. History repeats itself when Mike finds himself wearing horns for the second time! The sorry saga unfolds ……. 5 stars and thanks for sharing.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Well written, A cynic would have them crash and burn however since they had such a bad time before they got together then I think "Hidden Vigorous" is on their side . The bouncing ball he was married to will probably go through a couple more guys before she is done. Only part of the story I would change would be Pete screwing so others guys wife or two and well you know....Thanks for sharing....

nogravynogravyover 1 year ago

Thanks, great story, with a good, life-affirming ending. Very, very imaginative, and a real pleasure to read. 5 Stars for me!

RodreaderRodreaderover 1 year ago

Pretty dang good for a no talent hack. Plenty of talent there, I think. Would love to see a follow up with Pete and Lisa. Couldn't be all roses with that couple. I guess Pete tried to be a good friend, but failed miserably

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

If I was mike I don't think I would have been happy with em's description of how innocent her relationship with abe is. Mike was obviously upset when he shut off his phone and went home. Her coming over to his house should have been coupled with tremendous apologies for acting like a flirt with Abe in front of Mike. My reaction would have been insisting she never see Abe again. Quit the Gym at the very least. Em was too cold hearted with Mike about her behavior. She could have knocked on my door all night without an answer the fucking slutty bitch. Too late mike married the new slut. 5 stars to our writer. Great Writing, great plot. Good job. Thanks,

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

Well done!

Still shaking my head at your ID. You are an excellent story teller.

icemn67icemn67over 1 year ago

A great story. Truly enjoyable. Brings back some memories of a past life.

Some good & some very dark. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

May your life and mine be as rich as your characters.

Have a Happy and Healthy 2023,

Paul

icenzicenzover 1 year ago

You should write real books. You have the talent! Loved this series. Loved how real life it is too.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

I should probably post this anonymously, but I've never been accused of being smart.

--

Too much erotica and not enough Lit. I skimmed most of the sweaty rutting scenes.

--

"Thanks for taking good care of my girl." And he accepts her explanation and apology? That would be a dead-end, not a pothole.

--

Please please don't write a Pt. 03 to work in a threesome with Rowena. That would be worse than the anal fixation and Daddy stuff in Pt. 01.

--

Still 5 stars, of course. You're too good a writer to get fewer (less?).

tonyneatotonyneatoover 1 year ago

Wonderful comeback from a real bitch of a 1st wife and scumbag best friend.

5 Stars ! Great story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

With the daddy impregnation fetish I would conjecture Emily is a borderline personality disorder (BPD)... think the movie Fatal Attraction... this is classic behavior for one and the marriage will become a roller coaster ride as long as it last... probably not long... usually the BPD hooks up with a narcissist but I don't think Mike classifies as one of those... more like a mild socially clueless sociopath.

WillmottWillmottover 1 year ago

Not enough vengeance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like it quite a bit. The first Chapter was a bit rough, but all in all well done.

YouamiYouamiover 1 year ago

Your chosen title does not serve you well...you are in fact very talented when it comes to penning your tales...thank you for your service

JackDancerJackDancerover 1 year ago

Fantastic part two...

McSparkyMcSparkyabout 1 year ago

Just read all of your stories and enjoyed them all. Thank you!

Funfriend1410Funfriend1410about 1 year ago

I loved this story, I started to feel like I knew them , I laughed and cried with them as I read it.

Thank you and I hope to read more from you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Quite erotic. But the emotional component was done even better. Touching scene whe he realizes that Lisa has actively hid her problems and her dissatisfaction. That she worked hard to appear ok but was cracking underneath. She really needed therapy but instead went to "Dr" Pete. Who in the beginning probably was trying to be nice to her and supportive but having no real experience with long term relationships, had nothing to add or.actually help. Worse he never went to the MC and told him that his wife is having real issues. Then he breaks up with Jean, and while probably painting as she left him, in reality he was falling for Lisa. As their emotional relationship developed, it didn't take much for Pete to get her drunk and into the sack. Ignoring the physical details (it must have been good considering what happened next) when the MC was away, Lisa had the classic guilt trip (albeit short lived) and fucked her husband's brains out thr following week, but still never her told him anything, being ery well practiced now at deceit and hiding her feelings. What is laughable is that a week later, when planning to break it off with Pete, she "sees" his face and the unabashed love that she feels she has been missing. And suddenly she falls again and instantly "in love" and makes her decision to be with Pete. Lol she was a head case. She refused any help except for talking with Pete, despite the fact that she ignored any credible advice he had, but then at some point slipped into seduction. She just wanted out of her marriage. She had mental issues and never came clean during the marriage and after establishing Pete as a confidante, friend, sympathetic ear, then with Pete using alcohol and the MC out of town, he made his move and graduated to lover. Then she promoted him to being "in love" mistaking lust and infatuation (on his part) to "true love". Lol such hogwash. Her excuse is she is a headcase. What is Pete's? Well he is a grade A asshole. Was good to.see after thr confrontation, she went to extensive therapy and came to realize how fucked up she had been and if anything she poisoned their marriage. Was also good to see when the MC told her why he came home early. That he got the promotion. That her going from a drunken one time slip to true love in 2 weeks (*snort*) and then torrid affair for four months, when she found out that she could have had everything she wanted with the MC if she had held of four four stinking months; her reaction was priceless, she got eviscerated. Which is telling for multiple reasons. At first glance it just tools to be about guilt. But it seems her renewed grief and how she was stunned, points to something deeper. She realized she had given up her marriage to the MC and something better for her.new relationship with Pete. Though they never discussed the particulars of the sex, it tells you that Pete was not comparatively rocking her world. Sex (besides frequency) with the MC wasn't the issue (something Emily cab attest to the 1st time though he was in better physical shape). Also while she thought she was in love with Pete soon after her husband came back from his trip, that she would have preferred her husband and this shit had never happened. Worse her therapy made her realize what a bitch she had been, and she had been fracturing mentally for years. But wow four months and she lost it all and blew up her marriage and their future. At the same time, therapy was probably showing her that Pete (who didn't got to therapy of his own almost certainly) was nit her shining white knight, but used her vulnerability to fulfill his own desires, and did this while being thr MC's best friend. What is his excuse? Bet that is also something in Lisa's mind from therapy. But the MC telling her about the promotion and what might have been, just sealed it for Lisa. Nit just her guilt but also Pete's. On top of that the MC showed he is by far the better man by forgiving her, moving on, and having a new relationship with Emily as he builds a new future. As an aside it is good he never forgave Pete, because Pete is a traitorous asshole, who didn't have mental issues, moved in on his best friend's wife, being part of the long term deception, and took what he wanted like the grade A asshole that he is. He deserves nothing but disdain and being ignored. Fuck Pete. Anyways her therapy andnaoul searching, her crushing guilt, but then her talk with the MC with the forgiveness and his owning some responsibility for not being plugged in better as a husband, and the promotion timing, meant that she and Pete had zero chance in amlong term relationship, since first Pete knows zilch about long term relationships, seduced Lisa away, was not her hearts desire (from her reaction to the promotion news and her therapy, Pete was what she talked herself into settling for), and her extreme guilt; then yeah they were doomed. Though my guess is that Pete also cheated on her, because wrll he is a grade A asshole. Karma is a bitch. Wonderful story with Emily and the MC. In many ways Pete and Lisa are just side characters. Who really cares what happens to them in the end. They are plot devices that betray the MC and send him on a road to.his loving destiny and future with Emily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Simply loved this story. The dialog read like it was between real humans and not robots. The characters were genuinely interesting. Third read, and will probably do it again soon. 5* and deserves more.

CaptFlintCaptFlintabout 1 year ago

The best revenge is a life well lived. Well written, good plot, good dialogue explaining emotions. Nice work. Thank you.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMindabout 1 year ago

The characters seemed human and their quirks and mistakes were credible, as was the dialogue. Nice story and well told.

CockatooCockatooabout 1 year ago

Right at the end, a missed opportunity.

When they were discussing kinks, Mike wanted an FMF threesome, and Em said "maybe Santa will come through for you someday."

And here we are at a Christmas party, with Auntie To, who's seriously flirted with Mike for years, wanting a sperm donor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Five, but sex scenes over extended?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh, NoTalent...you've done it again.

davezqdavezqabout 1 year ago

Excellent, as ever. A writer at the top of his game. I've grown to enjoy the underlying contrapuntal sense of humor that keeps things from taking themselves too seriously. For example:

""God, yes, Mike! I love you! I love you so much!"

I let out a muffled, "Ow."

BrentJWBrentJWabout 1 year ago

I’ve read research that says the more sex partners a person has before marriage, the more likely they are to be dissatisfied with their sexlife during. Lisa is a good example. If she is used to eating a smorgasbord of sex partners then committing to one, no matter how good, will pale by comparison.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love the cliffhanger... Christmas, with a lovely and open minded wife, and a best friend who just happens to want kids and who has expressed attraction to the MC, who when brought up the possibility of a MFF threesome was told "maybe Santa will help". Lovely story all the way through, but truly a lovely way to end it and leave us all wondering what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It was good through his meeting with Lisa, then got hokey romantic after that, but so what. He's a better man than me, though, that he could let go of his bitterness toward Lisa and Pete. Actually, I could understand letting go of Lisa after meeting with her. But when she told it was Pete that made their sex happen in their marital bed, that would have sent me directly over to Pete's place, and hence to prison. But I'm glad he didn't go there. I just don't know how he could put it all behind him like that. Maybe it's easier when you don't have any kids with your ex, cause you don't have to have anything to do with them. When there are kids, you have to continue to interact fairly regularly with someone you just fucking hate, which makes it that much tougher to get over it all.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A well written enjoyable story, no criticism from here. Well done

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I was expecting Ro to join them for the promised three some.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Didn't like her flirting at the gym and then getting mad at him. She should have known better after all he'd been through. Completely selfish of her and not a good sign for the future. Glad to hear piece of shit and cheating skank slut didn't make it. Bad selfish people deserve to get what they dish out! A couple more failed marriages for each of them would be in order. Glad he moved on.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

After a divorce a final talk is, as shown in this story, a way to get the monkey off your back and move forward. I

It also shows the recent y effect how everyone abandoned the aggrieved husband since they only heard shit from the cheating spouse. Life after that is beyond hard, but if the victim husband did not try too move ahead he would have died

Beholders_EyeBeholders_Eye11 months ago

I really liked the story and gave it 5 stars. It felt very real, just the right balance of ordinary life and intense sexual scenes. Good stuff thanks

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy5910 months ago

Fantasmagorical, strumtrulescent.. Bravo

jlg07jlg0710 months ago

I think he took on to much of the guilt for her cheating and the marriage issues. The cheating us 100% on her. She also hid all of the marriage issues from him, so that really was all on her...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

FANTASTIC deserves a 10

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is what happens to every divorced man in literotica land

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Still a 1. When you have plans for the best friend who lied, cheated and stole your wife and friends, then it goes to a 4 or 5

doctrptdoctrpt10 months ago

Great story, but no real retribution for a best friend and a wife who betrayed our MC?

Cal59Cal599 months ago

A fine, grown up, true to life (for some) romantic story, thanks!

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

They found their future and a method was used to describe the good friend and cheater into humans also.

usaretusaret9 months ago

Nothing really to say, except: `I really enjoyed it, particularly the last chapter. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

As it has often been said, the best revenge is to live a good life. They both lived an extremely good life whereas Lisa and Pete, the cheaters, ended up divorced.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19699 months ago

not sure what the last line meant other than more sex.

Lisa and Pete's marriage was formed in the furnace of betrayal... that type of metal is no fucking good, no way it would last. Wish the husband would have mentioned that to Lisa during their meeting.

I find it tough to read stories about couples falling out of love, cheating and/or getting divorced, (magnified by it being his life-long best friend) but at least it was offset by a sweet romance. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Estrogen saturated prose, plot, and character development.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Forgive Lisa? OK but not Pete. He took advantage of a vulnerable Lisa and should have backed off once he started developing feelings for her. Mike should have Abe take care of Pete.

Ravey19Ravey199 months ago

Great story. Thought Pete took advantage of Lisa but she didn't try too hard to stop it but at least when he me Lisa he hot the full details of the warning signs he missed earlier. Pleased the Daddy during sex was just word play

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This one is even further into chick-flick territory than your other offerings, I get that there are people that love this mushy stuff, with male M/C's regularly blubbing and firmly in touch with their feminine sides, but it's just not for me.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars for this story.

BUT I will admit that I thought Lisa was going to let Rowena use her husband to get pregnant. However it could have been as little as Lisa using a condom with her husband and then a turkey baster to transfer the sperm into Rowena. Ahh well it ended as it should have.

Have a nice day.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Lisa's tale was pure post-hoc rationalisation. She'd clearly fallen out of lust/love with him as soon as his focus of attention was moved towards making a future. If anything she said was true she wouldn't have so easily succumbed to the advances of Pete. Pete was the real villain in this story, he was supposed to be a best friend but instead preyed upon Lisa's weakness and stabbed his best friend in the back. Shocking that anyone took their side, and not in the least surprised that they didn't survive the course.

Very surprised that the MC and Em survived because generally such highly sexed relationships fall down as soon as I e or the other 'cools down' and it's almost impossible to sustain such passion when you have a real 'life'.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@BrentJW your researchers are self serving clowns. The more partners a person has the more likely they are to settle on the one that satisfies them, and the less likely they are, to want/feel the need, to try a bit of strange because for them it isn't strange.

The belief that some I experienced person is going to be happy with your inadequate love making just because she knows no better is not only delusional but patently false once facts are brought into the discussion.

chasbo38chasbo389 months ago

Not sure what message you intended to send by having Lisa and Pete get divorced.

mariverzmariverz9 months ago

Anonymous5 days ago

This one is even further into chick-flick territory than your other offerings, I get that there are people that love this mushy stuff, with male M/C's regularly blubbing and firmly in touch with their feminine sides, but it's just not for me.

Divertida la maculinidad que proyectas posteando anónimamente :)

mariverzmariverz9 months ago

Anonymous5 days ago

This one is even further into chick-flick territory than your other offerings, I get that there are people that love this mushy stuff, with male M/C's regularly blubbing and firmly in touch with their feminine sides, but it's just not for me.

It's very funny the masculinity you project by posting anonymously :)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think the plot was too weak to carry two chapters. And knowing your usual fare, which I like a lot, this was just too heavy on the skimmable sex. Four stars for a story that had some strong points but a weak plot.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Loved the development here, the folks were very relatable. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another Phoenix? A vengeful succubus imprinting on a large wounded, like a gosling desiring unconditional love? Daddy issues vs family man...

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar8 months ago

This is your universe and it is fiction. I kept repeating that mantra to myself.

I'm old and have seen a few things. I've seen strong men breakdown and cry. I've seen what I had believed to be weak men, suck it the fuck up and keep marching. However I've not run into the particularly whining, navel gazing, woe is me type like Mike is portrayed. This is your universe and it is fiction.

The unhappy wife gave up and went outside the marriage. The "best friend" was a snake. This too I've seen. In my case there were three couples that were very close friends. Two couples broke up because unhappy wife and best friend became a couple. That was in 1978 and they are still together. I've not been friends with them since the backstabbing. I hold grudges, I'm told. I think of it as sticking to my beliefs. I thought in this story it was a bit of fodder to placate the BTB At All Costs crowd to have Lisa/Pete break up. This is your universe and it is fiction.

If in some reality the situation arose where a guy like Abe says "Thanks for taking care of my woman." and she doesn't immediately set things straight, that sows immense distrust with a guy that has been an emotional basket case for a very long time. This is your universe and it is fiction.

The writing is superb. The storytelling is well above average. 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Brah????? Really? Why not "bro"?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I liked this story 5* worth. Well written tragedy with heartwarming recovery.

LechemanLecheman8 months ago

I have always wondered how cheaters can get to together and not be concerned their opposite will not wander.

Still, I have a solid group of mates that would never cross those boundaries. It comes down to respect, I believe.

As for the story, Wow! Loved it.

Felt the MCs pain and betrayal and the way you were able to convey his Ex in her behavior towards him.

If anything, that would have planted a seed within her and may have contributed to her marriage with his best friend break-up.

His so-called best friend, at no time spoke to him, why do we wonder?

Great story.

XluckyleeXluckylee8 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for both parts

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

10 stars. Five for the story and five for the exceptional writing. That writing made it a pleasure to read the story. So thanks, MTH

(That stands for MULTI-talented hack- makes much more sense).

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

When I was in college my best friend broke up with his long term girlfriend. She was a little hottie and made it clear she wanted to date me. They were broken up and she was unattached. I used to fantasize about being with her but, still, bro, that;’s not what friends did. I politely shut her down.

They’re looking at their 40th anniversary this year. I did a lot of things I’m not proud of back in my college days - heck, I was a singer in a rock band - you do the math. But that is one thing I’m very proud of…bruh.

Great story…great memories.

HighpikeHighpike7 months ago

Crafted superbly by a master. Thank you for an amazing read.

MasterKoteMasterKote7 months ago

Story flowed pretty well and glad he got his happy ending. RAAC endings shouldn't be the only happy ones on here.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

For me: far too much sex stuff in this one.

Anyway: Thank you, Mr. Author.

Craig

EastCoaster1EastCoaster16 months ago

Love seeing a new one show up with your (absolutely incorrect) name on it... and this one fits right into your norms...

.

Another 5 ***** to add to your collection.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not my cup of tea. The second half was better than the first. That said, the writing style is far too dry for me. I won't bother going on a bout people saying it just happened. It does not, a person allows it to happen by not trying to hold on to their wedding vows. It just takes commitment, a fact a lot of persons do not have.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Would have been a perfect time for that threesome at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The Ex wife was typical expecting her husband to read her mind then got upset at the thought of the husband fixing her feeling alone. The always single good friend takes it upon himself to help the wife feel better. His friend knew her and used that to seduce the stupid bitch. This is a warning to all guys never ever trust any guy around your woman. Especially if he always seems to remain single, he probably is waiting for a chance to get your wife. Better to be rid of a friend like that no matter how long you known them. This scenario has happened to a couple of guys I know and one of them sadly killed himself. I hope this helps someone from living this hell.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent story. I know it is healthy to forgive your ex, but I don't think it is possible, certainly not as quickly as he did. You want to find yourself? Fine. You want to experience other relationships? Great get a divorce. You aren't ready to be married? OK. But you don't cheat. And you don't cheat with his best friend. And you don't have a long term affair. Those are the rules. After all those things, you don't just turn on and off your disgust, your emotion, your distrust, and yes, your hatred. Then, at some point in time down the road, after you re-marry to someone who is better for you, you build a life together, and you have children (or not) and you develop a healthy relationship, (and maybe through years of introspection) then maybe you become ambivalent. Then forgive.

J6480J64806 months ago

Great story, well told and the joke is well hidden

WargamerWargamer6 months ago

Definitely one of your best stories l just loved it.

Scores a big 5/5 from me, wish l could give it more. Please do more romance like this, u write them well

Into favourites this goes.

Helen1899Helen18996 months ago

I gave it 5* that shows how much I enjoyed it. Well written with all types of emotions. But I had two small gripes. Do the MC's in LW. stories only eat pizza's, couldn't some author come up with a different meal? Secondly there was no need to write in that Lisa and Pete had got divorced, that was petty and didn't enhance the story one iota.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I really enjoyed both parts. I liked the way you got him to forgive his ex-wife, along with getting her to tell her story so he could heal. Jim had told he'd need to to both before he could really move on, and it did help him, as he did ask Emily to marry him after talking with his ex.

To Helen1899, there's a couple of writers here who do eat something besides pizza, they chose Lasagna. :-) One for sure is ST 1956. And whenever he writes about it I get a hankering for some. My wife makes a damn good Lasagna too. Another is Q. But not as often.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters6 months ago

Revisit after a while, this could have been a romance, loved the whole story, soppy old romantic at heart. Solid 5*

KeithW66KeithW666 months ago

What a wonderful and well thought out story. So glad that Emily and Mike, both had a 2nd change to make a wonderful life together, and let go of the past. That Mike forgiving his ex and learning from his past set the new couple up well to last

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very hard to like your MC as you presented him and that effected my view of this story as it unfolded..If I was his wife I would have looked elsewhere. He was a weak minded slob who forgot about the most important part of his life,his wife,home life and his appearance. No respect from here for a man that falls into the Why me,Why me, poor me syndrome or falls into a bottle or drugs to find solice instead of getting himself together after the initial kick in the teeth and making plans to move on. Obviously Harsh to some readers, but thats what strong men do...a biased 3 stars because of your MCs response to the initial adversity and the following short term reactions to life.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I dunno. I wanted both more and less retribution with the ex. I suppose that makes this a very good story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The best friend intentionally seduced his wife it was obvious. He probably was infatuated with her for some time and was waiting for a opening to seduce her. He deserved punishment in a more violent manner. This weak mc couldn't even land a punch. Pathetic really pathetic. Then to forgive the long term affair after a few months is ridiculous no one gets over this kind of betrayal that fast. Unless he didn't really love her. I feel like this story could have been better if these issues were addressed. I just can't give more than three for the way it is written.

MrBill323MrBill3235 months ago

LOVED THIS STORY Really great how they brought each other out of the depths of their pasts

J6480J64805 months ago

Despite the naysayers it was a grand tale.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story.

One thing in glad you didn't throw in though, even though you hinted at it... a threesome. Especially with Rowena. It would have cheapened it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

To anony a month ago, "Very hard to like your MC", like Bruce Willis once said...

"Waaa waaa waaahhh... Call a waaambulance!"

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A realistic kind of healing approach. Wonderfully dealt with every part. Loved it. 5 out of 5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories