After the Reunion Ch. 24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It appeared that Laura, and probably my mom, too, had some pretty strong misgivings about what they were wearing on their 'dates'.

Both sets of our parents went home a little after six and the four of us had a very pleasant evening, playing Candyland, Chutes and Ladders and watching all four Toy Story movies. Even Rascal and Zuse were happy with the leftovers they'd been given. Yeah, I know, don't feed your dogs people food.

That night, after the kids had gone to bed, I mentioned to Addie what I'd overheard, that her mom was having misgivings about wearing the dress Saturday night. She rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah, your mom, too. Parents! They can be so childish at times. They're both scared to death of wearing something that's a little sexy."

I laughed, then interjected, "Maybe because they're wearing it with someone other than their husbands?" I think I was more sympathetic than Addie was.

She frowned, "Neither one has talked about that, just wearing the dress."

"You seen them? Know what they're like?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "No, all I know is that they bought them for each other, like Tawns and I did that first time, something they wouldn't buy for themselves. I was embarrassed, too, but I lived and it was fun. I know they'll have fun, too... if they'll let themselves."

I let it drop. I was still having a hard time picturing my mother in some sexy dress like the one Tanya had bought for Addie. I seriously doubted that they'd have bought anything quite that revealing... sexy... whatever. I will say one thing, though. Addie was right, once you put the 'mother' thing aside, Laura is a beautiful woman. My mom, too, for that matter. To say that our mothers are aging well is about a big an understatement as saying the Arctic is an ice cube. Dads too, but not to the extent of our moms.

Addie spent Friday morning in Ontario and when she came home shortly after lunch, we all went to the zoo. After dinner, Addie told me about her morning. Sheila was absolutely ecstatic, could hardly believe what Addie was telling her. Sheila knew about the new store but hadn't any idea that Susan was going to be the manager. So the sudden news that Susan was going to move and she was being offered the Ontario manager's job came as a gigantic shock. Addie could hardly contain her glee when telling me about it.

Then Saturday came, the day of our parents' big dates. Ours, too; and I couldn't get that conversation with Kayla out of my mind. It had seemed innocent and funny at the time, but now that the time for our 'date' was getting so close, I wondered...

Earlier in the week, we'd asked the kids if they'd rather spend Saturday night with Joanie or Nicki and Livvy, warning them that Nicki might be busy. They love their babysitter, but... she doesn't have Livvy. Livvy had quickly become their best friend. And we weren't surprised by their answer. Addie called Nicki to find out if she could watch them for a night and she assured her that she'd love to have them, that Olivia would be thrilled.

So, at one, Addie went to the Marriott to pay for the four rooms and pick up keys and I took the kids, their bags and some games to Nicki's in Mountain Home. I was surprised when I got to Nicki's that Samuel answered the door. Nicki told me that Samuel and Lily had come for Thanksgiving and were flying home Sunday afternoon. I promised to pick up our little people no later than eleven. It seemed that Samuel had become a regular in Nicki's household.

When I mentioned to Addie later that Samuel was there, she laughed and told me, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Nicki told me he was coming for Thanksgiving and would still be there."

I got home about three and decided it was time that I thought about what I was going to wear that night. It came down to a choice of two: my best Costco shirt and slacks or the cream-colored silk sport coat and slacks Kayla had helped me pick out for my date with Ginger. Pretty much no contest. I sure as hell hadn't expected to be wearing it out on a date with Kayla when she found it and held it up in front of me and commented how sexy it would make me.

I was proud of myself. I hadn't even asked Addie for advice. I know what she'd have told me, though, 'your date, your decision.'

It was still almost four hours until I was picking up Kayla. Addie had made the executive decision that we were taking two cars. I was picking up Kayla and Ethan was picking her up, meeting at the restaurant. She'd talked to both our dads as well and they were doing the same. She wanted this to be a real date for all of us.

Later, when I was sitting on the bed watching my naked Adriana blow drying her hair, I wondered about Ethan. Was he watching Kayla getting ready, knowing that it was for another man? It would be the first time for him. What would be going through his mind? Had she told him about her plan for trying to make Addie jealous? He must be a nervous wreck. Of course, knowing that he'd be sleeping with Adriana later would probably only add to his anxiety.

And our parents? What the hell must they be thinking? Dad watching Mom put on that sexy dress and the same for Laura and Travis. God, I hoped this evening didn't turn out to be a fucked up mess!

I thought it was time I should be getting ready. Addie was sitting at her makeup table, still naked, putting on her makeup. Not even a towel wrapped around her gorgeous body with the little tummy-bump. I love watching her doing her makeup, so damned sexy. But I had to shower, shave and the other little things a guy does when getting ready to go out with another man's beautiful wife.

A few minutes later, I was back in the bedroom getting out clothes to wear. Kayla had helped me pick out the outfit I wore on the date with Ginger. Neither of us had the slightest inkling at the time that I would have an opportunity to wear it on a date with her. But here I was, getting the cream-colored silk jacket out of the closet for my date with Kayla. Thankfully, the tie was still tied from when Kayla had tied it for me when we bought it.

After dressing, I looked at myself in the mirror and thought I didn't look half bad. Adriana had gone in the other room before I dressed, not wanting either of us to see what the other was wearing before we met at the restaurant. The way Addie was acting, you'd think this was our wedding or some such thing.

I checked my watch, still ten minutes until time to leave to pick up Kayla. I wasn't nearly as nervous as I had been before my date with Ginger, but still...

My heart was fluttering when I drove up outside Kayla's. Their car was gone, obviously with Ethan to pick up my wife. I tried to tell myself that this was Kayla, our friend. That I wasn't nervous, wasn't scared, but it wasn't helping. Then I thought about my mom and dad, what they were feeling, pairing up for a date with another man and woman for the first time ever. Well, since before they were married, anyway, which, in the case of my parents was thirty-three years.

I couldn't be nearly as nervous as my dad would be, picking up Laura. When I got to the door and started to knock, Kayla opened the door and... it was a cool, late November evening, she was wearing a jacket, long jacket. I had no idea what might be underneath it.

12