After the Second Fall Pt. 02.3

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Emily grabbed the appendage firmly and pulled him forward where she quickly lubricated him, causing him to groan and shake. Now standing behind, Emily planted him at Joanna's entrance, paused a full beat, then pushed. Mars lost control as his head opened the woman, crying out his release and jerking wildly, even as Emily continued to drive him forward. In response, Joanna screamed into the bed as Maggie continued to stimulate her, shaking wildly but unable to fall forward because Mars' strong hands were holding her hips in place.

It had only been a few beats, but Emily had stripped off her dress and was lying face down on the bed, her hands underneath her hips, working frantically. Above her, Mars held the rod he had brought back, ready to strike. "Do it!" ordered Emily, and he brought the instrument down on the backs of her thighs, marking both at once. The young woman's hips rose, then dropped, then rose again as her whole body shook. When she had come back down and her breathing was approaching normal, Mars, still inside Joanna, set down the switch and lightly touched the the marks he had just made, making Emily jerk and shudder each time.

"Are you alright, Emily?" Rosie asked quietly, having walked over with Anne.

Emily didn't respond, but rolled on side, wincing as her thighs touched each other and the bed. "That was amazing," she said, looking lovingly up at Mars. Then she lowered her eyes back to Joanna, who was looking back. "Thank you."

Joanna managed a tired smile, then tapped Mars' hand so he would let her fall forward onto the bed. "Make me even?" she asked Emily softly, pointing at the back of her own leg.

"Really?" came the almost breathless reply.

Joanna nodded. "Please."

Chapter 21

"How was your first day in the field?" Esther asked cheerfully.

"I'm not going to dignify that question with a remark," Pip grumbled, but there was no animosity behind it. "My aches have aches of their own."

"Big strong Adam not tough enough for real work?"

"That's right. Point me to a bed so I can sleep for a week."

"It just so happens that my bed is just around the corner -- interested?"

Pip stopped and looked down at the smiling blonde. "Esther, you're one of the prettiest women I've ever met, and right now, I couldn't possibly care less. If I manage to wash the sweat off before I collapse, it will be a miracle unto itself. Is there something you need, or were you just enjoying my walk of shame?"

Esther took pity on the Adam, with whom she had developed a friendly relationship. "Not me, actually. Lilith would like to talk with you before you turn in. By the way, why were you out so late? The evening meal has been over for more than a full bell."

"I was almost done with the plot and wanted to finish so I don't ever have to see it again. At least until the Fall."

Esther stopped short. "You plowed an acre by yourself in a day?"

"Three, actually. I wanted to finish the third," he said, changing his direction to walk toward the small building that had been allocated for Lilith's use. Closing her mouth, Esther spun and ran to find Anne.

Lilith wasn't looking for anything specific, other than to make sure Pip was okay after a long day, especially since he was so late returning. Replying simply that he was fine, he turned to go, only to find Esther, again, with Anne right behind her. Sighing tiredly, he inquired, "Yes?"

"Did you really plow three acres by yourself?"

"There are white stakes that make squares in the field. I finished three of the squares."

"In a day?"

"It seemed a lot longer, if that makes it any better."

Esther turned and conversed silently with Anne, their hands flying.

'Can you understand me?' Anne signed to him.

"So far, but my hands are too cramped to try to sign right now."

'Do you know *** *** ***" Pip held up his hand to stop the village's Speaker.

"You'll need to slow down; my teachers aren't very good," he said, which earned him a playful kick in the shin form Esther.

'Do you know that one *** *** same *** *** *** during one day?'

"I'm sorry, Anne, but maybe it's better if Esther helps. I understood most of the words, but have no idea what you asked me."

"She asked if you knew that what we call one acre is roughly the amount of land that can be plowed by an ox in a day. Did you?"

"No, but I don't know what an arx is, either."

"Ox, Pip, and it's an animal that weighs a hundred stone."

"What's a hundred stone?"

"Is he being difficult on purpose?" Esther asked Lilith, who had been watching the exchange.

"Probably not. In the past, our Adams weren't taught things like arithmetic, so his knowledge base is somewhat lacking. Do you have oxen here? I haven't seen them."

"No. All we have is a dozen draught horses and two old steam tractors converted to use alcohol, which is why we need so much help. Back when we still had giants living here -- sorry, Adams -- the goal was for each to average half an acre a day, but only a few could do it for any length of time because using a hand plow is hard on the whole body, especially the ones with three blades that we have. I've never heard of anything close to three acres in a day."

"Um, okay," muttered Pip, not knowing how else to respond.

"Pip, it's a really big deal. If all of you can make faster progress, it means we'll get more planting done, which means a bigger harvest."

"I'm sorry to disappoint you," interjected Lilith, "but Pip is unique among our Adams in more ways than one. I would be quite surprised if any of the others could match his strength, speed, or stamina."

'How? You are the smallest Adam,' Anne signed slowly. Pip shrugged, which didn't address Anne's question at all. She turned to Lilith, but the Executive Director hadn't understood or chose not to respond; either way, she would have to get her answer another day.

Grabbing Pip's hand without explanation, Anne led him out the door, giving him just enough time to wave to Lilith and Esther before they disappeared from view. Anne led him to the central courtyard and then to a large stone with a long, sloped side, then told him to wait. In half a hundred beats she was back with a brush and a bucket, which she filled from the fountain.

Setting down the bucket, she made a sign that Pip didn't understand, so she made it again, slower, but the Adam just shook his head. "Sorry, no idea what that means." Anne sighed and pantomimed taking off her shirt, then pointed to him. "Sure, you can get naked, I don't mind." Instead of a playful kick, Anne climbed up the rock and gave him a surprisingly hard punch in the shoulder, then folded her arms sternly, looking at him eye to eye, clearly conveying that she was not amused. "You know," he said, "there are alternatives to violence."

She held up her fist again and Pip sighed, then removed the belt and tunic he had been given. Anne nodded, retrieved the bucket and brush, then began scrubbing Pip down. The bristles on the brush felt like they were made of steel, so the bath was far from relaxing, but Pip could see it was effectively removing the accumulated dirt and grime, as well as several layers of skin.

When Anne reached his waist, she pointed to his pants, expecting resistance or embarrassment, but Pip just pushed them down and kicked them off into the approaching night. Even with her dark skin and the fading light, Pip saw Anne's blush, but he just gave her a tired smile and closed his eyes. Anne was gentler on his lower half, but every bit as thorough, making sure she cleaned anywhere dirt might have accumulated, resulting in a quite obvious sign of Pip's appreciation. Smirking, Anne dumped out the filthy water and returned to the fountain. Climbing back up on the rock, she poured the bucket down his back, eliciting a sharp intake of breath as the cold water hit his skin all at once. Once more she filled the bucket and climbed the rock, grinning now that Pip knew what to expect, but the Adam looked directly into her eyes while she rinsed him off, his arousal not diminishing at all.

Once again flustered, Anne broke eye contact and quickly gathered Pip's clothes, then led him back across the courtyard to a building behind the main hall. This was apparently one of several structures that had power, but the light Anne turned on was dim, illuminating the room just enough to see that there were three large padded tables. 'When giants *** here, they work very tough. It is important giants can work, so we ***'

Pip nodded, figuring he had the gist, then laid down on the nearest table where Anne was pointing, which had clearly been made for someone his size. The Speaker -- the most important woman in the entire town -- then proceeded to work the soreness out of Pip's abused muscles. Before she had even finished his shoulders, he was snoring softly, flinching involuntarily if she happened upon a particularly tender spot.

When she had finished his back, Anne managed to cajole Pip into rolling over by rocking and poking him, although he hadn't really woken up, so she could continue the massage.

The morning found Pip still on the table, covered in a light blanket, with fresh clothes folded and sitting on the floor. He sat up slowly, expecting tightness or outright pain in his lower back and shoulders, but felt remarkably limber. Twisting, turning, he found that he felt fine, and quickly dressed with a smile.

Although he had been the last Adam to return in the evening, he was one of the first up and made his way to the main hall for breakfast.

After acknowledging the few locals he recognized, he sat down next to Rosie and a bleary eyed Maggie, who had also made the trip, along with just under half of the other PETs. "Rough night?" he asked gently.

"It's too loud," she grumped. "I'm used to sleeping in a concrete bunker where the only sound I hear all night is Rosie snoring. Here there are bugs and bears and lions." Rosie kicked her friend's foot under the table, then laid her head on Maggie's shoulder.

"You've never been away from the city before?" Pip asked.

"Of course I have," Maggie retorted. "I did my practicum in the middle of nowhere, but it's been years now. Speaking of a long time, where were you last night, Mister? We waited in the main hall, but you didn't show. Emily even saved food for you and everything."

Pip shoveled a fork full of eggs into his mouth. "I didn't mean to worry any of you: I just wanted to get to a good stopping point, so I kept at it a little longer. Too long, probably, so after Anne bathed me and rubbed me down, I must have fallen asleep."

Maggie perked up immediately. "Anne, you say? Do tell what the two of you got up to."

"Only what I said. To be honest, things are a little fuzzy."

"Is there anything we can do to help?" asked Rosie.

Shaking his head, Pip said, "Just keep me company for a while. I don't mind the physical labor, and it's so repetitive it's almost like meditating, which is nice, but it's still kind of lonely. Will I see you again at midday?"

Rosie nodded. "We'll meet you with your lunch, but I'd like to walk out with you like we did yesterday."

Pip smiled, then seeing Mars approach, waved at the big blonde over Rosie's shoulder. Mars was moving slowly and sat down gingerly, like he was willing his joints to operate. When he was finally seated, he let out a long, relieved sigh, as if the wooden stool was the most comfortable piece of furniture ever made. "Will you be alright?" Pip asked, only joking a little.

Mars nodded. "I've felt worse. It will take me a few days to get used to working muscles differently. How about you?"

"Fine," Pip replied with a smile, which led the other to narrow his eyes.

"How are you fine? We do the same training, and I can't see you slacking off..."

"I got a bath and massage last night, and it seems to have worked the knots out. Truthfully, I feel every bit as good as waking up back in the Complex."

Mars nodded. "A massage is a good idea -- I should have thought of it, too."

"It was Anne's idea. They have a room with tables and everything. I'm sure one of the PETs would be happy to help you out, or maybe even one of the local girls."

"What about the local girls?" Emily asked, setting down her plate.

"Pip got a massage last night and he's not so sore this morning. He suggested it might help me."

Emily nodded and started eating. The lack of any discussion was a surprise to Pip and the girls, and another sign that Emily might be relaxing when it came to Mars, perhaps an unintended positive consequence of their adventure with Joanna. "What can I do to help? I feel pretty useless here."

"You did fine, Emily, I just stayed out too late, then forgot about everything besides myself. I'll probably be late tonight as well, so if you can set aside some food for me again, that would be great."

"Okay, Pip," she said, returning to her breakfast.

After a pause, Mars stated confidently, "I think I'm going to get a full square done today. What do they call it, an aycher? I would have yesterday except the blade broke and I had to wait for them to weld it back together. Did you have any problems?"

"No problems," Pip answered, "but it's interesting you say a full acre. Anne told Lilith and I last night that they were hoping we would be able to do half an acre a day. Any idea how the others did?"

"Not all of them, but Stash is a monster. He was almost done with the first square before lunch, so I guess he went well past that. More is better, right?"

Pip nodded. "They have some sort of goal in mind, but I don't know what it is. It doesn't really matter, though: I'll do as much as I can each day."

"Yep," Mars agreed, setting down his fork. "You done?"

Pip dipped his head and the group stood, except for Emily, who receiving a parting kiss from Mars as she continued working on her breakfast.

As he cleared the doors of the main hall, Pip pulled off his belt and tunic, then carried them over to set on the side of the fountain. "Kata or plyo?"

Mars, also stripped to the waist, groaned. "Definitely kata -- I don't think my body can take dancing around just now."

Pip smiled and loosened up his shoulders, then cracked his neck before assuming the starting pose, which Mars duplicated. The short form of the kata took less than a quarter bell, but a ring of spectators had gathered before the end, watching as the sun played peekaboo around the buildings, frequently changing the mixtures of light and shadows that fell on the pair. Once finished, the two Adams grabbed their tunics and started their walk out to the fields, Rosie, Maggie, and Emily at their sides, only to be stopped by Anne, who jogged up, slightly out of breath. 'What is that?' she signed.

"What is what?" Pip asked in return.

'What is that?' she signed again, pointing over to the fountain.

"Oh, sorry -- I haven't learned how to say things that already happened. We were warming up. We call that our kata, but I don't know the history. A friend taught it to me."

'Will you show me?'

"Teach you? Sure," Pip replied with a smile. "Just meet us out here tomorrow morning at sunrise and we'll do it together." Anne smiled her thanks, nodded, and left, just as quickly as she had arrived.

"I like her," Maggie said seriously. "She's direct and goes after what she wants. You be nice to her, Pip."

"No problem, Mags, I like her, too. And she gives good massages." The last comment earned him a solid poke in the ribs.

The day was long and the sun was hot, beating down on the fields and the Adams that turned over their soil. One by one they returned, until it was just Pip. There was a definite technique to using the plow, and his form had improved so that he completed another three acres half a bell faster than the previous day. Even better, two long days using the Effect almost continuously hadn't left him with even the slightest headache: his full control over time's passage was back.

Sore, stiff, and a little sunburnt, he walked back to the village, satisfied with his day's achievements, ready to challenge Sheena to another eating contest. Except that he probably missed dinner again, but at least he knew where to find food.

As he neared the large stone that marked the village boundary, he saw a familiar figure resting on top, and his face lit up. Trotting forward, he pulled Rachel into a hug, spinning her around. After a thorough kiss, he pulled back. "I missed you."

"It's only been a few days."

"Then why are you here?" he asked.

She smiled and burrowed into his chest, indifferent to the dirt and smell of sweat. "Because I missed you, too."

Pip carried Rachel into town, catching her up on the limited happenings. As they turned the final corner and came into view of the main hall, he spotted Anne, standing by the entrance. Coming closer, Pip saw the woman's face fall, and with a brief, awkward wave, she turned and walked away quickly.

"I don't understand," he said as he slowed to a stop. "Did I do something wrong?"

Rachel shook her head. "She's falling for you, Pip."

"What makes you say that?"

"I'm the foremost authority on the subject."

Pip sighed and set her down. "So what do I do?"

"Nothing right now, except go eat your dinner. I'll talk with her and she'll be waiting for you by the time you're done."

"What about you, Rach?"

"I'll be here, too," she replied with a smile, following after Anne.

Inside the hall, Pip found not only hot food, but Maggie and Rosie waiting on him; Emily was with Mars, learning from one of the PETs how to give him a proper massage. When the three stepped out into the evening, Rachel was indeed waiting for him with Anne.

"I asked Anne to teach us what she did last night, since you felt so good this morning," Rachel explained. Pip looked to the Speaker, who appeared as if she was resigned to perform some unpleasant task.

'Thank you,' he signed, which made her smile for just a moment.

The group continued to stand there, waiting, until Anne rolled her eyes dramatically and stalked off toward the fountain. Rachel smirked and followed, which left the others openly laughing, albeit quietly so they didn't offend the village's Speaker in case the woman happened to turn around.

Like the previous night, Anne made the sign that meant he should undress. Deciding not to push her, Pip nodded and was soon standing bare chested while she retrieved her cleaning tools, which this time included a bar of coarse soap. Anne demonstrated how to lather up the brush and then use it -- thinking the entire time it was ridiculous she had to do so -- before stepping down from the rock and trying to hand it to Rosie.

Rosie smiled back, but kept her hands down, refusing to accept the brush. Anne gave her a dirty look and pushed it at Maggie, who smiled sweetly, but also declined the offering. Anne glanced at Rachel, but the smile on the woman's face told her she would get no help. Venting her anger, Anne signed rapidly at all three women, then slapped her thighs in frustration.

Rachel closed the distance to Anne and opened her arms, offering the taller woman a hug. There was another awkward pause, worse than the first by the hall, but Rachel didn't waver and Anne soon gave in. A discrete hand motion from the director signaled the other two so that Rachel and Maggie soon joined the embrace.

Left to himself, Pip sat down on the rock and started scrubbing the areas he could reach.

Pulling back, Rachel tugged Anne down to sit cross legged in the dirt with her, with the other two joining. "Rosie was first," Rachel explained, "but she would have been his First regardless. She's the one that keeps him stable, and she holds us accountable for having his best interests in mind. She's the structure upon which our relationship is built.

"Maggie was second, and is responsible for his happiness. She pushes his limits, and ours, and makes sure Rosie is fulfilling her role as First. She's the spice in our lives, and our moral compass in the middle of all the violence.

1...345678