After Work

Story Info
Coworkers hang out.
1.4k words
4.26
3.1k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My name is Tobo, I'm a halfling. I live in a modern world where fantasy races such as elves, orcs, and giants coexist with humans. I work at an insurance company that specializes in coverage for my kind.

I have a crush on a coworker named Rya. She's a beautiful orc who's been at the company longer than me. She's helped me get accustomed since I arrived and has been a pillar of support ever since. I do what I can to make her life easier as well, and sometimes we grabs drinks after work.

...

I walk to my chair, carrying two mugs full of steaming coffee. Rya is stretching her arms at her desk next to mine

I hold up one of the mugs. "Fresh brew?" I say.

She looks down at me and smiles, her tusks protruding from her lips. "Thanks," she says and takes it.

I set my mug on my desk and climb to my seat.

Rya sips her drink and sighs. "You make the best coffee."

"I don't do anything special. It's the same thing everyone else drinks." I take a swig too, and sure enough, it's regular coffee.

"I know, but I think coffee always taste better when it's made for you."

"Well, at least someone appreciates the bottom shelf bean water the company provides for us."

"I'm not appreciating the coffee, I'm appreciating you." She sets her cup down. "Do you want to go for drinks again tonight?"

"Sure, I'm game."

"Awesome, let's work hard today."

We work on our assignments until it's time to clock out. Rya and I travel to our usual hole-in-the-wall, The Dragon's Tear Pub, and sit in a secluded booth in the back of the space.

Dim lights illuminate red walls and traditional furniture as a soft piano reverberates throughout the establishment. When I come here, it's as if I've been transported to another dimension away from the bustling city to a void where I lose track of time.

She undoes the top two buttons on her white blouse, revealing her cleavage. "Ahh, much better."

I loosen my tie and also undo a few buttons of my business shirt. "Nothing like winding down after a productive day."

"Tell me about it. I feel like my eyes are gonna' fall outta' my skull if I look at another report. Thanks for agreeing to drink with me again."

"You don't have to thank me. Being a drinking buddy is the least I can do after all you've done for me. I should be thanking you."

She smirks and rests her head in a hand. "Are you flirting with me Tobo?"

I chuckle and say, "I was appreciating you."

"It seemed like more than that. You even had a twinkle in your eye."

"How are you hallucinating without a drop of alcohol in your system yet?"

"Is that blushing I see?"

"What? No way." I touch my cheeks, but there's no extra warmth.

"Not on your face." She leans over the table and lightly pinches my ear with her pointer finger and thumb. "Right here."

The tips of her fingers are warm and rough.

A black lace bra peeks through her shirt as a sweet scent washes over me. If I wasn't blushing before, I must be now.

I swat her hand away. "Excuse me, ever heard of consent?"

She sits down and holds up her hands. "You're right. I'm sorry. I'll ask for permission next time."

"Next time?"

She laughs and says, "Let's go buy our drinks."

We head to the counter and call out to Marika. She's a dragoness with maroon scales, fair skin, and long curled horns. She turns around, her amber eyes glowing like the embers of a dying flame within the dim light, and saunters over.

"Hello Rya," she says in a deep sultry tone. "What can I get for you?"

"Whiskey, no ice please."

"So the usual, got it." She winks and pivots.

"Uh, excuse me," I say.

She turns on her heels and looks around.

"Down here."

"Oh, hello Tobo. I'm sorry, I didn't see you."

She does this so often that I'm beginning to think it's on purpose.

"No problem," I say.

"What do you want?"

"I'll take a margherita please."

"Sure, coming right up."

She gives me a standard issue smile that I know is more artificial than tofu before whipping her thick tail around and preparing our drinks.

I turn to Rya. "I wonder which one of us she likes more."

She chuckles. "Don't think about it too much. Marika's had a crush on me since the first time I stepped in here."

"What's that got to do with me?"

"Maybe she thinks you're a threat."

"A threat? I'm a three-foot halfing. She could punt me across town if she wanted too."

"True, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about romantically."

"What? She's crazy. I can't compete with a dragon." I laugh.

Rya arches a brow and smirks. "So you're competing?"

"Uh, well I..."

Marika returns with our glasses.

"Here you go. A margherita and straight whiskey with no ice."

"Thanks," Rya says and grabs both, handing mine to me.

"Let me know if you need anything else darling," the dragoness cooes. "And I mean anything. I can do so much more." She rattles the tip of her tail.

"Will do," Rya says.

We sit back down and she sips her whiskey.

"Ahh, it burns so good," she says.

I taste my cocktail and its sweet flavors caress my taste buds. However, it is a bit stronger than usual.

"At least she didn't mess with my drink again."

"That's because the last time she did, I told her I would stop coming."

"Oh yeah, That's right. She got all flustered and started apologizing. The funny thing is, she was apologizing to you for some reason."

"Yeah, but at least it worked."

"That it did."

We drink for a bit and chat about random things such as work, home life, and the shitty weather. When there's nothing to say, we allow a comfortable silence to hang.

I finish my margherita, and something compells me to ask Rya a follow-up question.

"Hey, Rya?" I stammer.

Why was that so hard to say? I'm not nervous. It's like the words twisted my tongue on their way out.

"Hey, Tobo," she says as she swirls her third refill.

"Who...would win?"

"Who would win what?"

"The competition."

"What are you talkin' about? How'd you get plastered off of one damn margherita? Even you can handle that."

I scoff. "What? I'm not plastic."

"Plastered, and yes you are," she grins.

"Forget about the environment for a second. I'm trying to ask you something important."

I scavenge my brain for my previous train of thought, but I can't even find the tracks.

"What was I going to ask you?"

"Somethin' about a competition?"

"Oh yeah, who would win between me or Maria, Margrett, Maddy?"

"Marika?"

"That's it. Dragon lady."

She giggles. "Oh, you're still thinkin' about that?"

"What do you mean, 'am I still thinking about that?' Of course I am. It's been on my mind every since you said it."

Rya doesn't respond so maybe she doesn't want to hurt my feelings.

"I knew it. She wins huh? It's okay. You can say it. I'm plastic, wait no."

She sets her drink down and leans forward.

"What would you do if I said you would win?"

"I'd take my trophy," I say proudly.

"Your trophy?"

"Yup, and put it on a nice shelf."

"A shelf? oh, you dirty man."

"Dirty? I clean my shelves."

She rolls her eyes. "Tobo, do you think I'm attractive?"

"Oh, very much so. I've been trying not to stare all night."

"Is that so? What have part of me have you been tryin' not to stare at?"

"Your big buldging..."

"Yeah? My big buldging what?"

She arches her back, presenting her breasts.

"...biceps."

"huh?"

"You heard me. I've been trying to not to stare at those canons all night, but I don't think I can hold back anymore."

"Oh, so that's what you're into."

"Yeah, nothing gets me more excited than seeing your shirt trying to hold back those muscles."

"Tell you what. It's Friday and we're both off tomorrow. How about we grab a hotel and I'll give you a private show?"

"You got yourself a deal missy."