All Comments on 'Alex's Gifts Ch. 20'

by MagnusRhodes

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
More

Keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

Finally!! Alex and Lily get it together. I'm all for that loving relationship, and you did not disappoint. I remember what you wrote about his feelings about Jenny. That he would pick his sisters over her in a heartbeat. I would think sooner or later it might come to that (curious as you handle that). Even though he has strong feelings for Jenny, his relationship with his sisters are a much deeper and on many levels. Love the way you put the story before the sex. We all know the sex will come, but the trip to there is enjoyable. I will continue to read the chapters as you can write them down. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Next step-

Next step is sibling threesome. Lily, Alex, & Casey.

Lonely_readerLonely_readerabout 5 years ago
I'm sorry but

Alex and Lily happening in a sleepy/unconscious manner feels too much like an easy way out. It really needed some careful thought into it, this way it just feels cheap.

My opinion ofc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Went from 5 to 3 once daddy kept popping up. Still grosses me out regardless of your explanations. I'll never like daddy daughter stuff. This is a story about Alex and his harem. Not being dads replacement and shadow. Focus should always be about him and his relationships and not his father's sex life which ruins everything with carrie and now lily. Both moments should have been special now they're tainted with too bad dads gone but you'll do. Lily's now a rape victim too? Really? As crass as this will sound they only way for her to recover is dad has sex with her. Sorry that's wrong in so many levels. I really dont want her character to be ruined by this backstory you've gone with. Doesnt matter how you spin it Casey and him will always have a bigger impact because it was just her and alex. Their bond and only their bond. Also we turn megan and Alex into pornstars now. God this went from good to bad in a hurry. I love this series but its headed toward a train wreck and that's unfortunate because i really like these characters and overall where it had been heading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This Story

This story is starting to drag.Too many women and too little time. 3 page chapters and only half a day goes by.20 chapters and what? Only a week since this all started?

I wonder if the author has an end in mind for this story,and how many chapters until we reach it?

MagnusRhodesMagnusRhodesabout 5 years agoAuthor
Re: Feedback

Re: My 2 cents - Thanks! And thanks for all your other kind feedback. One small clarification re: Jenny vs the sisters. Alex said he'd take everyone over Jenny, really meaning everyone over any one. I don't really intend to set up a Jenny vs Lily/Casey situation, although there will certainly be some give and take and friction there.

Re: I'm sorry but - Yeah, I wasn't super satisfied with their first time together either. I did try to make it not seem unconscious/rapey, but it was a fine line to walk. They'll have a chance to do it non-cheap at the start of ch. 21 and in future chapters, obviously. I ended up at this resolution because it was the most relatively logical/believable situation that fit where I wanted it to go and took into account the story I wanted to tell.

@Anon Re: 5 to 3 - As I said before, he's going to be dad's replacement to a degree but that shouldn't limit what he does or distract from the fact he's not his dad. I don't think there's any point in arguing right/wrong as you're anti-dad/daughter for personal reasons and I won't bother trying to change your mind on that front. If you want to give me a 3 because of your personal tastes in flavors of incest, that's fine, but you might as well move on if you don't like the plot. I personally like Lily's story more than Casey's, regardless of the dad/replacement aspect. Alex had to work to do something for Lily while Casey just flew into his lap just because apparently she liked him; that feels cheap and relatively meaningless to me and is a crutch far too many stories use. I find Lily's path more fulfilling, especially as a reader. Where did you think this story was heading? It's always been zig-zagging in a dozen directions and that won't change any time soon. I expect some people to like certain plot lines and not others, that's the nature of this beast.

Re: This Story - It's always been that way and will continue to be that way for at least another 10 chapters (4-5 Alex days). I do not have a final end in mind, but I will try to keep it from dragging as best I can. I do have a half dozen ends in mind but none of them will complete the story. If you're reading this story hoping for a "they lived happily ever after" chapter that neatly ties it all up, you will be disappointed. I doubt I'll ever write that, it's not that kind of story; think TV series, not a movie. I have been thinking of ideas of how to break up the linear pace and stretch out the timeline, which is something I want to do. But I can't start on that until certain plot points are introduced, namely mom. I also don't have a big problem killing off certain plotlines (Emily, Megan's camera) if they aren't popular or worth continuing, though I get such a mix of feedback that it's hard to know what folks want me to focus more or less on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Damn

God damn it finally happened! It was so cute and sweet! My prediction is family threesome at the cabin and maybe an orgy idk.

Also side note personally not I to dad stuff kind took away from the moment for me but I understand it's a necessary part for the whole situation. Still really good chapter though!

Also good on you creator for always leaving me with wanting more!

tmark0099tmark0099about 5 years ago
Waited so much for this particular pairing

Man it couldn't have been worse. It was so bad that I don't even want to count this one as their first time. It's like Alex is a blow up doll with daddy written on it. I don't think anyone ever likes being imagined as someone else while fucking. Well Lily is definitely not getting any screen time stolen from Casey.

MagnusRhodesMagnusRhodesabout 5 years agoAuthor
Re: Damn/Waited so much

You guys aren't making it easy on me.

Thanks, Anon, I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's a threesome coming but not for a while.

@tmark0099 - Fair criticisms, but you seem to be keying in on one particular plotline of this story. Any reason for that? I'll counter by saying Alex is far more than a doll. Sure, he followed in his father's footsteps, but it's not fair to judge him by those actions alone. What is it about Casey that you like vs Lily? How is her relationship with Alex more meaningful? I want to know what you think...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Don't criticized

It the author story. Don't try to point the story direction to the story that you guys want. If you do not like it, create your own story. It is ok to give sugedtion but pls respect the author.

Author like the plot but try to lengthen each chapter by 4 to 5 pages. Because the story is becoming to cramp. Like there a lot happening in one chapter. But like the plot of how he is try to explain to lily who he is.

tbakkytbakkyabout 5 years ago
I'm all for it

I'll go with getting rid of Emily and Megan's or rather Ben's cameras.Emily is too intense and over the top,and Ben behind the camera feels like voyeurism on his part,even though he says he's not into getting it on with his sister.

Like someone said earlier,this is about Alex and his women.

5 stars.

Series huh?

Ok, so i wont look to see a happily ever after,even though they might all live,Happily ever after.

Lonely_readerLonely_readerabout 5 years ago
My response to

"How is her relationship with Alex more meaningful?"

We knew about Casey's feelings for Alex beforehand and those feelings were reciprocated, at least at the lust part. In the case of Lily, instead, we only knew that he had feelings for his father and the scene wasn't about her and Alex but her and his father's ghost.

I like Alex's character so far, and I think that's incongruous that every girl he's been with wanted to have sex with him but his older sister, arguably the most important to him, didn't want to have sex with (or at least if she did, you didn't show it) but with their father and he took his shoes.

I don't know, in the next installments you may end up justifying it all, but right now it's very disappointing.

PUDGYcorgiPUDGYcorgiabout 5 years ago
Well that was interesting...

I have to agree with many of the comments posted. The "daddy" thing really turned me off. I was looking forward to my favorite pairing in Lily and Alex but it turned out kind of weird. I still love this story but I must admit, that it will be hard to digest these "daddy" scenes. Anyways, I can't let one moment detract attention from an overall awesome story. Thank you for writing these stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
An excellent story!

I've now read all published chapters. I wanted to see where it went before I commented. #1. I loved it, from the first chapter to the last. #2 As each chapter ended, you left me wanting more - the sign of an author with foresight, as to where his story is going. #3 The development of intimacy between each of the girls and Alex is "almost" credible! Doesn't every man wish it could be that way? #4 Last, but not least, the incest factor was handled with care and gentleness, as it should have been. All in all, I enjoyed it very much, and hope there are more chapters to come. (See #2)

MagnusRhodesMagnusRhodesabout 5 years agoAuthor
Re: More feedback

Re: Don't criticize - Disagree, please criticize. This story's pretty open so whatever you guys want more of, I'll take into account. Problem is you guys can't agree, hah. I can't make the chapters much longer than they are already. It's too much extra work to edit. I do have a couple of longer 16-20K word chapters written, but most will be 3-4 pages.

@tbakky - Let me know your feedback on Emily after the next chapter. There's going to be a confrontation caused by the fact she's so over the top and manipulative (all that was intentionally written to be over the top). Then she's gonna calm down...some. I'll see where we go with Megan and Ben, there's one more chapter written with that but Ben's role is very minor. Yeah, he's doing the voyeur thing, but it's not like he and Alex are gonna sit around and compare notes. I think it is most likely that plotline will end, though Megan will obviously still be around. I've always felt the camera got a little out of control and contrived, that was my fault for not having a resolution planned ahead of time.

@Lonely_reader - I see what you're saying and what I missed, I should have written a little more from her perspective. Lily's feelings weren't clear intentionally because they weren't clear to her. I don't really have much more justification to add. She had a hole in her life and Alex filled it. It's just that she didn't realize he could until it happened. Alex knew since Carrie told him, but I didn't want him to take the lead on initiating their relationship. I thought that would be even weirder/less characteristic given the dad's history and Lily's fragile state. So this was kind of a compromise and I see why people are upset about it, I didn't expect everyone to like how it went down.

@PUDGYcorgi - The dad stuff is more or less history as far as Lily & Alex's sex life is concerned. Aside from the occasional reference outside sex scenes, he won't be a topic of much conversation until mom gets home. It's not like Lily's gonna start calling Alex daddy, I'm not taking it that far. As I've been saying in the comments, Alex is his own person and while he's initially a replacement, he'll still be himself and not his dad. It was more of a way to get the door open than anything. Thanks for the compliments!

Re: An excellent story - Thank you! Appreciate the kind words and I'll take "almost" credible any day of the week!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Can’t wait for more!

I’ve read all published chapters and can’t wait for more! The story is great, the lead up to the sexual activity is smooth and the sex is hot! I’m not a water-sports fan - but it works in the context of exploring new encounters. Keep going!!

neolynneolynabout 5 years ago
So...

That was good. Looking back some chapter I dare say excellent.

I loved Jenny's part (I think she's my favourite), I wish to see more of her not sex scene specifically, just more of her.

Lili's part... I have a bit of a problem with it. It's too... rushed ? The "Daddy" is a bit of a turn off but it's needed here(no contest about that). On one hand, a deeper discussion would have been great, on the other if the discussion is lengthy and meaningful enough in the next chapter, then the scene is good and my point about being rushed is moot.

That's not how I hoped the story to develop after the chapter which shall not be numbered, but I'm okay with it.

Please keep writing.

MagnusRhodesMagnusRhodesabout 5 years agoAuthor
Re: So...

Thanks, neolyn. Your praise means a lot more than most :) Jenny is quickly becoming my favorite as well. She may be the queen after all.

I agree the Lily bit was rushed, as I said in other replies. That's on me. It was a compromise that I had to make.

Please keep reading! I love hearing from you.

neolynneolynabout 5 years ago
So ... bis

Jenny is really sweet, you'd have no complaint from me if she's the Queen.

I do wonder how she will act if another woman is with her and Alex.

Now that I think about it... the title is Alex's Gifts.

GiftS.

Freaking plural.

Until now we only know about Alex one and only gift.

So.... Are the gifts in the title a reference to future gifts he will have or to his women ?

MagnusRhodesMagnusRhodesabout 5 years agoAuthor
Re: So...

Re: Jenny - I have not worked that out. Next steps with Jenny are for them to spend time more or less alone together (the cabin in the woods) and sort some things out. But she's not going to come back for a while, right around the time people start complaining I forgot about her again. ;) The camping trip is going to start soon and that's going to span quite a few chapters, similar to the party.

The title's meant to be a little vague. That was part of the Ch. 16 reveal. I didn't call it Alex's Gift from the start because that would have been too obvious. He has the one obvious gift, but it's also in reference to everything else. I wouldn't consider his girls included. It wasn't my intention for him (or readers) to view them as possessions. I meant more like his collection which is (mostly) gifts given to him - that was what you were supposed to originally think of as "Alex's Gifts". But I also mean the stuff he actually gives as gifts throughout the story. I have no plans to introduce any more "mystical" gifts like the big one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story so far .

Great story so far . Would like to see more Jenny and see more of Alex with his sisters . I think Alex should eventually marry either Jenny or Megan .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The daddy, (and mommy) thing is a big turnoff, and really wasn't needed, at least in that level of detail. Now dear old day molested a rape victim, seriously?

Anyway, all of that aside, I think the issue is treating all incest as the same group.

that's not even close to reality. for whatever reason siblings near the same age seem to fit far more acceptedly into a natural love situation, brother/ sister, and cousins just seem to be far more accepted. For the same reasons grandparents and great grandparents don't fit with kids and even worse minors.

you cant assume all incest readers (and all sex) is the same.

it is why there are separate categories for anal, gay, group, mature, and so on.

Hey it's all sex, right...Nope.

So, all I am saying, is that as much effort as you invest in rationalizing it. Daddy incest is viewed dramatically differently that when it is between siblings. Although it doesn't have a separate category, Parents are a whole different breed of cat. And a whole different group of readers. Or maybe a small subset is a better descriptor. Parent/child lovers may be fine with brother/ sister incest, but it doesn't work the other way nearly as often.

just my .02c

thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous