Alice Ch. 06 - New Chapter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In this unexpected turn, Frank found a glimmer of hope and understanding. Tom's willingness to support him, not out of obligation but out of a desire to see his daughter happy, offered Frank a new perspective on the challenges ahead. It was a partnership of sorts, with the shared aim of ensuring Rose's happiness and Frank's professional growth--a journey they were now embarking on together.

"Tom was true to his word," Frank recounted to Alice, drawing a close to this poignant segment of his past. "When I wasn't shadowing him at meetings as his junior, I was entrusted with projects and research tasks. It was an apprenticeship unlike any other. Sometimes, I even wondered if all the work was Tom's way of keeping me at a distance from Rose.

"The day I asked Tom for his daughter's hand was the happiest day of my life," Frank added, a note of nostalgia in his voice. As he concluded his story, a visible weariness enveloped him, as if narrating the tale had drained him of his energy.

"I'll share more with you later, if you'd like," he offered, his smile tinged with melancholy. "But we have plans today. We should start getting ready."

With these words, Frank excused himself, leaving the room and Alice alone with her thoughts. Alice watched him walk away naked. She almost laughed out loud at how uncomfortable he looked trying to find something to do with his hands. His cute bottom flexing back and forth as he walked down the hallway.

Alice was torn between eagerness to hear the rest of Frank's journey and a deep-seated apprehension about what it might reveal. She longed for a happy ending to

Frank's narrative, yet the hints he'd dropped suggested a different outcome. The mixture of anticipation and dread made her yearn for more, yet brace herself for the possibility of heartache in the chapters yet to be told.

12