Alien Mine Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Active camouflage," Rhys said, nodding toward the two women, one leading the way, the other following behind. The construction site was deserted, and Rhys led them through the spaces filled with construction equipment to the rear of the half-completed building. Everyone stopped as Mika appeared out of thin air about ten feet in front of them.

"Hello, everyone," she said, walking over to Michael's wife. "Hello, Every," she said, "why don't you and Elizabeth come with me, and we can freshen up and get something to drink." With a questioning glance back at Michael, Every reluctantly let the other women lead her back the way Mika had come. Michael was puzzled because there wasn't anything there, just the desert extending out in front of them. Then Imri let out a startled cry and reached for his weapon as the three women seemed to vanish.

"No need to worry," Rhys said calmly, "but we just need a moment." This is the point of no return, he said grimly to Michael. Once we follow the women, you are committed. That includes you also," he said to Nina and Imri.

Michael just looked at him for a moment, nodded his head, and strode purposefully forward in the tracks of his wife. He stopped suddenly but stumbled forward as Imri bumped into him, letting out a startled shout. Michael stood there, unable to believe his eyes. He had expected something, but not this, not a spaceship. It was huge, at least 150 meters in length and probably 40 meters in diameter. The color of the outer surface seemed to shimmer, changing colors to match the background.

There was an opening in the side where he supposed his wife had gone. "Come on," Carl said, taking his arm, "wait until you see the inside."

Michael watched the earth receding though he felt no motion. His wife Every stood by his side, equally fascinated. Still, she couldn't keep her eyes off the beautiful woman with red hair, hair that extended all around her to impossible lengths. She was dressed in the same uniform as Rhys, as was everyone else on the spaceship. Mika explained to them about Sandy and how her hair connected her brain directly to the spaceship controls. That, more than any of the other wonders they had already seen, drove home the point that these people may be more than just human.

Then there were the two figures in armor which turned out to be people Michael knew already. He was surprised to see Amancia, the Chief Financial Officer take off her helmet, shaking the hair away from her face with an impish smile as she looked at Michael. He was even more surprised to recognize Leslie, who had been Carl's Director for Clandestine affairs.

"It's an honor to meet you in person," Leslie said with a smile as she shook his hand.

"I think the pleasure is all mine," Michael said, trying to conceal his surprise but failing. "How much of the CIA is involved in this?" he asked.

"Just Carl and I for now," she replied, "we are recruiting soldiers, not intelligence types. "Hello, Every," Leslie said, shaking hands with the director's wife. "I am glad Michael brought you; this is something worth seeing."

"I'm glad too," she replied, "but this is much more than I expected; it's a lot to take in. However, I am still not sure why I am here."

Leslie's expression turned serious. "Rhys will explain, but there is danger involved in this, and you both need to be aware, but for now, enjoy the view; it's something I never get tired of."

"Have a seat," Rhys said, indicating plush-looking chairs, "why don't I get you some drinks, I have a long story to tell, and I am sure you have lots of questions. I have wine, beer, scotch, soda, just about anything you can think of, and I have a great bartender that can mix anything you can think of," He said.

"Just some water for me now," Michael said, "Coffee for you, dear?" he asked Every.

"Yes, please, expresso if you have any. Rhys let everyone give their orders, then watched their reactions with a smile as part of the wall detached and moved smoothly over to them. A glass appeared out of a slot on the top filled with the drinks each of them had ordered. Then the machine placed food on a table. "Kosher," Rhys said, so help yourself if you get hungry. He couldn't help smiling to himself at their expressions. Of all the alien technology, this simple thing seemed to surprise everyone the most. Perhaps the accomplishment of mundane chores brought home the sophistication of alien technology.

Michael nodded, at a loss for words, as his wife sipped her expresso. He watched the Earth fall further away beneath them. Yes, indeed, he had many, many questions.

Ten hours later, Michael stared at the view screens showing the Om wreckage drifting in front of him. Not that he needed more convincing but seeing it with his own eyes was vital to him. His wife stood at his side, exhausted but unwilling to miss anything by taking time to sleep. Michael couldn't blame her; he suspected it might be a few days before he could close his own eyes and actually rest and not picture the danger bearing down on Earth. He had often read that contact with an alien civilization would dramatically change how humans perceived the universe, but nothing could prepare humans for this. It was hard to imagine now that they had once been naive enough to think they may be the only intelligent life in the universe. Michael watched as small probes flew out and attached themselves to pieces of the wreckage. There were hundreds of them, he guessed.

"All attached," Thea said out loud, "initiating now."

"The probes will gradually put these bigger pieces and most small ones on course to intercept Uranus's orbit in a year," Rhys explained. "By then, we hope to be established on Miranda, and we will be able to examine their technology. We will do the same for the Drans ship next," he added.

Michael nodded and watched Every and Elizabeth talking with the two Chinese women. Given the current geopolitical situation, that had been the last thing he had expected to see. However, they were both gorgeous, international model gorgeous, and looked very much alike. Sisters, or close relatives, he guessed and seemed happy to answer any questions his wife had. Michael looked back at Rhys with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, Chinese, they joined us a few months ago. Mei is one of the leading scientists in high energy physics, Bao is a math prodigy, and together they are slowly making inroads in understanding the Drans physics. We were able to get them out before China became completely under Om control. They are completely loyal," Rhys added in response to Michael's unspoken question, "all of the girls are."

"They seem different, though," Michael observed. " I was watching their expressions, they are exactly the same, and the way they move; I don't know, but there is something off about them," Michael gave Rhys a look that suggested he wanted an answer.

"Rhys nodded, "they are different," he said, wondering how much he should tell the Chief of Mossad. A little, he decided, Rhys needed to appear as open as possible if he wanted Michael's cooperation; it was unfortunate that a woman wasn't in his position. "Bao is Mei's niece. Because of the close genetics, the symbionts are similar, and they are able to share 'thoughts,' much more so than the rest of us. It gives them an added advantage as scientists as they can approach a problem with two minds that are closely linked."

"Her niece? Michael asked.

"Yes, though we didn't know it. Bao was the price for Mei's cooperation, and it had worked out much better than anyone expected."

Michael seemed to think about what Rhys had said for a moment. "This symbiont, I am uncomfortable with the implications. What if it spreads throughout the population, or what if it is not as benign as you seem to think and has its own agenda. Also, why is everyone but you a woman?"

'It can only infect or be transferred to a woman at this time," Rhys said, uncomfortable with the conversation. As I told you, the symbiont and I nearly died after it was put into me by the Drans. It happened in the middle of the battle, and the Drans ship was taking severe damage. The Drans that had recruited me gave me the symbiont at the last second before putting me in the shuttle as the ship was coming apart. We, the symbiont and I, think it wasn't intended for a human. The symbiotic relationship programmed was most likely predefined for a Drans. Only by altering the core programming was the symbiont able to change enough for us to survive. I have no memory of the specific events. Still, when Amancia and Sandy came over to my house, the Symbiont was not sure I would survive, so it changed once again. But, this time, the modification to its programming was permanent, and it looks for an X chromosome only. Anything with a Y chromosome can no longer act as a host.

As for its spreading, Only I can infect someone, as you put it, and the process is complicated and time-consuming. It usually takes two months before it becomes sentient. So, except for the two women in Russia, you have met all of us.

"Does my wife have anything to do with this?" Michael asked with a meaningful glance at Every, who was still engaged with Mie and Bao.

"No, of course not; Every needs to understand the risks. You will be a target eventually, and she will probably know before anyone else if you become infected by an Om parasite."

"What will happen then?"

"She will notify us, and we will kill you as soon as possible." Rhys said bluntly. "Believe me, that is the kindest thing we can do. But, unfortunately, once you are infected, there is nothing we can do to stop it. So we will also arm her with the monoblade, and she will get some bracelets that will shoot fire darts that will burn the parasite. We will do everything we can to protect the both of you, but there are risks that we must take if we are to win this war."

As the Shuttle turned and the Pieces of the Om ship receded, Michael decided it was time he asked one more question that was bothering him. "I appreciate you sharing this with me, and I think I understand your plans, but you have never said exactly what your intentions were toward Israel, why us, why Mika."

Rhys looked into Michael's eyes, the two men judging, almost testing each other. "We needed a second base in case the Om discovered ours, and we needed a country that we could control as the public gradually became aware of us," Rhys said solemnly. "Mika will be the Prime Minister, you control the intelligence services, and Amancia will make the economy grow like never before. Israel will become our primary base; there, we will introduce the Drans technology first. The US and other countries will follow, but the political situation in the US is too unstable right now; we need secrecy and stability for a while, and Israel offers us the chance for both."

"You will make us a target for the Om and every other country on earth. What about Iran, Russia, China, or even the US."

"That's true, Michael, and nothing is certain, but everyone, the entire Earth is at risk. We are growing stronger and can now defend against any attacks from conventional or nuclear forces. The defenses we are building into the base under the construction site will protect Israel from any weapons we have seen so far from the Om."

"Why aren't the Om more dangerous to you? They must be more advanced than the Drans to have been winning all these years," Mika asked.

They were cut off suddenly when their ship was destroyed," Rhys replied, "and we believe they do not have the technical base the Drans had established here on Earth. However, they are now expanding; we have found four new bases, and we need to act soon to stop the spread."

"What about their main base you say you have located? How will you deal with that?" Michael wanted to know.

"One problem at a time, Michael. We could probably destroy their base from space, but to do so, we would have to drop a massive rock on it, and the repercussions for humanity would probably not be good. We estimate the rock would have to be about half the size of the one that killed the dinosaurs. So no, we will have to go in and dig them out, which will require a significant force, more than we have now by a large margin. Our immediate goal is to destroy the new bases and keep them inside China. Then when we are strong enough, go in and destroy the main base."

Still, in the immediate future, we will train and arm part of your defense forces to be able to fight incursions like we found when they tried to attack Mika. But nothing is guaranteed; you, of all people, know there is a risk no matter how much you prepare."

"What about the major powers? We don't expect the US to attack us, but what about Russia or China? Neither will be happy to see us with that much of a technological advantage."

"That's correct and a legitimate concern, but neither the US nor Russia will pose a problem in a few months, but China will. The Om have saturated China, and the leaders are either being coerced or cooperating with the Om. We are seeing technological development that shouldn't be there, particularly in their space program. We think they are using the Chinese to get back into space to the wreckage of their ship, which is why we are moving it now. We disabled their nuclear missile program, but now the Om have blocked us from China. We can no longer access their communications, and we are concerned about a war breaking out to cover Om activities."

"We will be upgrading The defenses in the US and Israel, and we will have to start sooner than I planned. We are seeing new technologies in China or those that we can see. China is already belligerent under the leadership of its current megalomaniac and will probably become even more so. Sandy and Kiania are developing plans to counter them. Still, there is no easy way to introduce new weapon systems that have advanced in the US without raising suspicions. I need another six months if possible, but I am afraid the Om will not give us the time. On the other hand, we will start in Israel immediately. The factory under construction on the surface is just for show; underneath, there is a base that is almost completed. The real manufacturing will take place there."

"What do you mean when you say the US and Russia will not be a problem?" Michael asked with concern. Then looking at Mika, he realized what Rhys had meant, as did Carl who was standing with them but not participating in the discussion.

But Carl had listened with growing concern to the conversation, Rhys had not told him about his plans for the US, but he had his suspicions.

Rhys observed the expressions on both men's faces and the looks they exchanged. "Yes," he said to the unasked question, "I will soon have women in power in both places."

"Who," Carl asked suspiciously, wondering what he would do with this information. He almost wished Rhys hadn't told him.

"Not yet," Rhys said, shaking his head. We have someone in mind, but it's not sure yet. We will bring you into the plan in a month or so. I know you have legitimate concerns, and I don't plan to take over the government, but we must have people who can lead the rest of the world by example. Israel, Russia, and the US will be capable of doing that.

Michael thought Rhys was deliberately glossing over much of his future plans; unifying the earth was not something that would be easy, and it would come at a high cost. Michael sighed at the thought, but he was a realist, if nothing else, and Israel understood the sacrifices necessary to fight for survival. He wasn't sure Carl did, though; he could see the realization that what lay in the future was just now sinking in. Michael would discuss it with Rhys privately; he would need to watch Carl. Michael looked up at Mika to find her studying him, the look in her eyes questioning. A look passed between them, and Mika smiled briefly; they understood each other, Michael was in 100%.

Leslie also saw Carl's expression and immediately guessed what was going through his mind. "Carl might be a problem," Leslie said to everyone, "I think that was a shock to him." She had been observing the conversation and had seen the slight changes in expressions as Rhys laid out future plans. It would have been better to have waited a few months until Anita's symbiont was sentient and Nelya was part of the Russian Cabinet, but the attack in Israel had forced their hand.

"Yes, we need to spend some time with him," Sandy said. "His emotions will tell us what we need to know."

Rhys didn't reply, but he agreed. It would be unfortunate, but they couldn't let Carl disrupt any plans now; it was too much of a risk.

"Getting the Earth ready to fight the Om invasion will be a long and difficult road, Carl. We will need men and women like you to guide the governments and help make the transition. The Earth cannot possibly defend itself as divided as it is," Rhys told him.

Carl thought about his next word carefully. "Rhys, it sounds like you are talking about an Earth dominated by you. You haven't shared everything with us, your long-term plans, but think carefully about what you are doing. Be careful you don't divide the world any more than it already is. Replacing governments with ones of your choosing will be resisted; you risk causing the chaos you claim to be preventing."

"I understand that all too well, Carl, and again that is why I need people like you. I can't possibly do this on my own; we are too few," he said, gesturing at the others in the room. "The initial shock will be tremendous, people will be scared, and frightened people may do stupid things, like start a war. This is especially problematic because of the Om's presence in China, but Carl, at the end of the day, we will either fight together or die together. I prefer the first option and be assured I will do everything I can to make that happen. Petty dreams of riches and power will not save you or the world when the Om attacks."

***

Mika was as wide-eyed as Michael, Every, and the others at the base on Miranda. Being inside a moon around Uranus was not something she had ever thought about doing, but now she looked at it with an eye toward the future; one day, this might be her home. The rooms were empty, but it was beginning to look like the base in Texas, but with many more living quarters, large common rooms, and even places to eat that looked like restaurants from Earth.

"It will be a city pretty soon," Kiania told them, "room for twenty thousand initially. We are trying to make it as livable as possible, so we are building some large spaces and will have a lake with grass shores, trees, and fish. That will come later, not for a few years, probably."

"And this is where you expect the initial battles to occur?" Elizabeth queried.

"We think so; for now, we are worried about more Om incursions into the solar system. They will eventually realize the ship is missing if they don't already. Our biggest concern is another large Om cruiser coming to investigate. We have no defenses against them, and our ship cannot fight something like that. We are building our defenses here as quickly as possible, but we are helpless without comparable ships to fight back."

Rhys had been watching the two agents Michael had brought along, mentally evaluating them. "What do you think of the agents," he asked Kiania.

"Competent, alert, suspicious, and capable, I like them both," she replied.

"Me too; I think they will work out fine. How is their training coming along?"

"Even in a short time, they are picking up the basics, but that's to be expected. The real question is what will they do when actually confronted by a Trangrod. I want some time with them in the simulator before we send them back. A week is preferable; they need to experience what it's like to face one of those things and to believe in their weapons. They are wearing light armor now to get used to it, but a week in the heavier armor and in the simulator with the Major's men would help a lot."

123456...9