Alii Drive

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey, What was the big joke you two were laughing about when I went for a swim?" I asked her.

She looked at me as she was searching her memory for what I was asking her, and then quickly looked away as a shadow of a smile crossed her lips in recollection.

"Oh, nothing Banks was just trying to be funny," she said and I think she may be blushing.

"Funny? Funny about what?" I asked maybe a bit too sternly.

"Nothing, now don't get all controlling," she said and that was that.

We signed up for the scuba lessons. The first step was to take a class online. Which we did. On Saturday we met at one of the big hotel pools to actually use the equipment. The final phase was 4 open dives to get certified.

Banks told us he had been an instructor and why didn't we practice on the day we were planning on going out on the boat with him. That sounded like a good idea.

We met at the harbor and headed out to sea. We went slightly past the airport less than a mile out. The water here was blue and calm.

We got into our scuba gear and Banks reviewed with us all the safety steps that our instructor had shown us at the hotel pool. He also told us the water was not deep here and we would just go down for a few minutes at a time to make sure all was well. We wore shorty wetsuits with our scuba gear..

"What about sharks?" Hilary asked.

"There are some small reef sharks occasionally, I've only seen one once. The big ones, like the Tigers are not common to this area." Banks explained.

We climbed down the ladder and cautiously began exploring the undersea world. It was beautiful. I had no problem with breathing. This is really cool I thought.

I started going deeper and started getting a pain in my sinuses putting pressure on my head. I tried to ignore it but the deeper I went the more excruciating it became. I had to go up. Even near the surface it now wouldn't go away. I had to get out.

I sat on the boat with my gear off and slowly my head started getting better. The pressure seemed to be subsiding.

A few minutes later Banks and Hilary popped out of the water and asked what was going on. I explained about my head. Hilary started coming up the ladder to check on me but I told them to continue their scuba experience. I'd be fine.

After a brief discussion with me telling them it was okay, they continued scuba-ing. About a half hour later they resurfaced. Hilary was so excited and it sounded like she had a great time. I really hoped whatever was causing my discomfort would not persist.

As a thank you we took Banks out for dinner. We had all developed a very comfortable friendship over the past few weeks. One of the things I wanted when we got to Hawaii was to develop some good friends and a social life. We seemed to be moving in the right direction. Occasionally Hilary's comfort with Banks would send out a flare of jealousy, but I knew this was my problem and I tried to squelch these impressions.

Friday night was another Pau Hana night at The Palms. We ended up sitting at a large table with Clarence & Lynn, the Platte's and Banks.

"Is Chloe coming?" I asked Banks.

"No unfortunately she is in Los Angeles for the next few weeks. Big bank business I guess." He replied. I had to admit he didn't seem the least bit upset that his wife was gone.

We all talked and mingled and ate and drank. At one point I saw Hilary talking with young Corey White. I waited a few minutes and joined them. They were talking about scuba. She told him about my problems and he acknowledged this is a real problem and that some people are affected by that pressure.

Just then a gorgeous blond walked up to us. Corey introduced us.

"This is my big sister Kiki, she is not full time at The Palms but stays at our family condo when she is in Hawaii." Corey tells us.

She is blond, slim and beautiful. A walking Barbie doll. We find out she is an independent IT specialist and also has an apartment in Santa Clara. I learned in our brief conversation that she was divorced.

"I love Hawaii and I try to get here as often as I can." She says.

I'm starting to reevaluate my early impression of Corey, he seems like a pretty solid guy. Just then Banks walks up and the mood immediately changes.

Kiki who was talking and laughing only a minute ago looks negative and becomes quiet. Corey has a look on his face as if he wants to slug Banks. Banks is his charming self oblivious to the negative vibes. What is going on here?

Kiki excuses herself and Corey moves off without a word. That was strange.

We start talking about scuba and Hilary gushes about how much she enjoyed the experience. Banks is talking about different techniques and certainly does seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject.

"Oh Bryan, I sure hope we can figure out what is causing your discomfort. I would hate to stop, it is so fun." Hilary adds.

"Well just because I may not be able to go you certainly still can." I say.

"He's right and I would be glad to be your guide," Banks adds. Hmmm. I hope he's just being a good friend.

Work for me ebbs and flows and suddenly it is flowing. I spend my days in our back bedroom analyzing commodities markets and talking to people on the phone. One of the keys to my success was to dig deep. A weather event like a tornado, a drought or flooding can quickly change commodity pricing. A few percentage points one way or another can make or lose a lot of money.

One of my friends from high school, Dan Bain is a climatologist. To be blunt Dan is very odd and also very smart. He has all these weather projections for months into the future. Dan also still lives at home and doesn't use the telephone. You have to see him in person. Like I said he is odd.

There was also an agricultural conference in Seattle in a few weeks. This type of information can be helpful too. My plan was to attend the two day conference and then stop by Dan's folks house in Federal Way and pick Dan's brain. About a 3 day trip. Maybe Hilary would like to spend a few days in Seattle.

I phoned my sales a manager at the Seattle office to tell him what I was doing.

"Bryan, I think that is a wonderful idea. That will work nicely with our mentorship program starting the following Monday." My sales manager said.

I had completely forgotten about this obligation. When I told them I was relocating an iron clad rule within my company was to mentor the new hires. I was mentored and it helped. The remote employees were assigned an apprentice and worked with them for one week straight and continued to help them after the week of one on one.

I agreed to this, I really didn't have much of a choice. It would be nearly two weeks gone but we both had friends and family to catch up with in the Puget Sound.

That night when Hilary came home I told her about the trip back to Seattle for 12 days.

"Bryan, I can't do that." Hilary exclaimed.

"Why not?" I asked.

"That would mean missing 2 straight weeks of shifts, and I'm still on probation." She said. "I don't know if I could even get one of the weeks off." She went on.

Well shit. I didn't want to be away from her for that long but these are the type of sacrifices you must make for living in a tropical paradise.

The following week I made an appointment with an ear, eyes, nose and throat doctor about my problem while scuba-ing. The Asian doctor asked me about the pain. Looked in my nose, throat and ears. He spent special attention to my left ear.

"Mr. Rivers, it looks like you have a problem with your tympanic membrane in your ear. I would highly discourage any underwater activity deeper than about 10 feet. Snorkeling is probably OK, but scuba could affect your hearing permanently." He proclaimed.

Great, now I've hooked Hilary on Scuba and I can't participate. On Wednesday Banks and I went for a run along Alii Drive. We discussed work and life. It did not sound like he and Chloe had a particularly close marriage. We were talking in front of the building as Hilary was getting home from work.

"What a day!" she said. "I cannot wait to hit the beach tomorrow. I need to lay in the sun, float in the ocean and not think about work." She added.

"9:30 tomorrow?" Banks said.

Huh, I thought, I was kind of confused. I was glad that he was becoming that good of a friend that he felt comfortable inviting himself, but he could have waited until we asked him.

"Sounds Good." said Hilary and that was that.

Thursday morning and I was up and working by 5 AM. The markets were going crazy up and down, very nerve wracking. The key was, you needed to be a few steps ahead of everyone else to make money. All of sudden my door swings open.

"Bryan! You're not ready!! We're leaving in 10 minutes." Hilary proclaimed.

"I completely forgot." I said. There was no way I could get away.

"Hil, Honey, I don't think I can go today, at least not right now." I told her.

I could tell she was starting to get mad. Just then the phone rang.

Before I answered I said "Can you just go with Banks?" I asked.

She looked at me long and hard, turned and left. I answered the phone and that was that.

The good thing about being in this time zone was that by mid afternoon business was effectively over. I was thinking of getting my gear on and trying to find them. I called Hilary but she did not pick up. I closed my eyes - only for a moment I told myself.

I must have fallen dead asleep because the next thing I know, Hilary is kissing me and fondling my thickening penis. As I awaken I see she is still in her bikini. I deduce by shadows it must be about 6 o'clock.

She shoves her breasts in my face and I automatically start sucking as she humps me. Within moments we are both nude. The living room shades are wide open but I guess it doesn't matter if you are on the 5th floor.

She mounts me, grabs my hands and pulls them to her breasts. She is incredibly wet. One of her hands is pushing on my chest and one on her own clitoris. She is moving and grinding - I'm still just waking up from my slumber. Not complaining.

She erupts in a moaning orgasm and continues to ride me. Her nipples are erect and I am pulling, lightly twisting and leaning up to suck them. Her vagina is like a living independent organ consuming my erect penis. She climaxes again and so do I. I continue to tremble for several seconds afterwards.

After a brief few minutes she gets up wordlessly and goes to the bathroom. The door closes and I hear the shower start. Huh, one of things she normally enjoys is the shared erotic intimacy of post fucking euphoria. I'm left to enjoy it on my own. A little different.

After she emerges I thank her for the nice homecoming and I barely get a smile out of her. I ask her about her beach day and she says they went to Kua Bay. I try to get more detail on her day, but she is slightly and uncharacteristically quiet. If we hadn't just had incredible sex I would start suspecting I had done some unknown thing wrong.

My work continues to be hectic and Friday is another long day. Hilary is in and out of the condo all day running errands. It is a quiet weekend and I still get the impression that something is not quite right. When I ask Hilary, she says all is fine.

Monday rolls around and the markets are volatile. I'm making money, but I'm earning it. I am really turning a profit in my independent account. My goal is to retire early and enjoy our life in Hawaii full time.

Hilary works her normal Monday through Wednesday schedule. Thursday morning I am hard at work and she pops her head in about 9.

"Are you coming to the beach?" She asks.

I look up and she can tell the answer is no. I'm buried in notes and have both computer screens going. I need to leave for Seattle next Tuesday for my meetings and mentorship and I have a lot to get done by then. I'm stressed.

She kisses my cheek gives me an odd expression and as I am about to ask about the details of her beach day, the phone rings. Soon I am wading through soybean futures.

That night I had a nice sushi dinner I purchased in town laid out on the dining room table at 6:30. I kind of want to make it up to Hilary, I have been so busy lately. By 7 o'clock she still wasn't home and I finally called her.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'll be there in 2 minutes." She says.

She shows up and thanks me for the wonderful dinner. I ask about the day and it sounds like she and Banks had been to the beach again. I start my deep breathing exercises to stay calm.

"Which beach did you go to today?" I ask.

She hesitates, looks away and says, "Kua Bay."

For some reason, I think she is lying to me. I know I am leaving in a few days and I want to keep things calm so I don't question her. At least not yet.

We are both quite absorbed with our own thoughts after dinner. That night in bed there is no sex, but she does snuggle up to and yawns.

"Bryan" she asks. "Do you think we are getting the most out of our lives?"

This is very strange. "Yes." I say.

"I mean do you think our life is boring, like there is more out there than what we are experiencing?"

"Not really, why," I ask. I have no idea where she is coming from or where these deep life philosophical questions originated.

"Oh never mind." She says, and before we can further any discussion she is softly snoring.

Friday all of a sudden the markets are stable. I'm not sure for how long but if the typical patterns play out the next few weeks should be manageable.

I emerge from my office mid afternoon on Friday and Hilary is not in the condo. I phone her, thinking maybe we can do something fun this afternoon but she doesn't pick up. I decide to go for a run on Alii Drive.

After the run I head for the shower. Sounds like Hilary is just finishing her shower. I'm kind of hoping for two ships passing in the night as she is leaving and I am getting into the shower. She's not interested. As she is leaving I notice her breasts and nipples look darker. When was the last time we were on M Beach I wonder . . .

Friday night is a Pau Hana night. On the way down I ask Hilary about her day but I get no specific answers to what she did all day.

We set up at our usual spot near the Plattes, Lynn and Clarence are there also. No Banks. To be honest I was getting a little weary of him. It also seemed like Hilary was spending more time with him than I was. I try to temper my jealousy.

I see Corey White, who I have grown to like quite well. We get to talking and he is telling me about his marine biology studies. It's pretty interesting stuff.

"Bryan, why don't you come out with me on the boat Monday. I'm scheduled to test something that day and I think you may be interested." Corey said.

"Possibly, what time?" I ask. The markets have slowed and I have been working hard. Hilary works all day, it sounds like a good break.

"I will be at the harbor at 11. If you know where Redmond moors his boat I am a couple of slips down. It's the Kon-Kiki, you can't miss it. If you are not there by 11:30, I'll assume something came up." He told me.

As I wander back to our table I don't see Hilary. I try to be casual about it, but I don't seem to be able to spot her.

I am talking with Clarence and Lynn while casually glancing over their shoulder from time to time trying to find Hilary.

After a few minutes Clarence says, "I believe I saw your bride beyond the pool area."

"Oh!" I say and quickly glance in that direction before I can control myself.

"Don't worry your friend Mr Redmond was with her." Lynn adds with perhaps a note of sarcasm.

"Go on my boy go find her." Clarence dismisses me and I go.

As I approach them they are in what appears to be an intense conversation. I'm not sure I like the way Hilary is looking at him, as if every word he said had grave importance.

They don't notice me until I am practically upon them. When they see me Hilary looks flustered as if she were caught doing something wrong. Banks is his charming self. I am beginning to see the charm in a different context.

"Bryan," Banks exclaims, and moves in for a man hug. I don't reciprocate.

"What's with all the seclusion and privacy away from the event?" I ask.

Hilary still has not said anything and looks like she is at a loss for words.

Banks jumps in, "sometimes the old gang gets a little stale." He says.

"I was just describing to Hil some of my self actualization exercises. With her intense profession there are an assortment of ways to stay calm and manage stress." He pontificates.

Hilary glances up at me with a hopeful look, hoping I believe whatever crap just came out of his mouth. And Hil! Since when are they that familiar with each other?

"Actually Bryan we were discussing the three of us doing some counseling work together to broaden our outlooks on life. As I have told you I don't charge for my sessions. It is my gift to humanity." He goes on.

I look directly at Hilary and say, "I'm going back to our friends, drink 2 more beers then I am going home. You can join me if you want." I purposely ignored Banks and whatever bullshit he just said. Gift to humanity!?

I walk back to our table and about 30 seconds later Hilary is at my side.

"Why were you so rude to Banks? He's your good friend." She asks in a quiet but firm voice.

I sit for a moment and then say to her, "I'm starting to get a vibe from him I'm not sure I like."

"What are you talking about?" She asks.

With all the stress in my life of late and knowing I'm leaving for Seattle in a few days for almost 2 weeks I really don't want to get into it with her. I do make a silent vow to myself to distance myself from him once I am back from the business trip. Hilary and I are also going to have a serious discussion when I return.

"Never mind." I say.

Monday I joined Corey on the Kon-Kiki. We talk about his work, the ocean and the marine life of the area. It really is quite interesting and he certainly seems passionate about it.

"I'm working on a project with the Tiger Sharks in the area around the Hawaiian Islands. I've partnered with the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology. We've developed an experimental attractant that I believe will lure the sharks quickly to the location where the attractant is introduced. If we know what attracts them we hope to reverse engineer the process and create an effective repellent."

"I've actually never tried this combination before. Bryan you will be the first to witness this test."

Corey took what looked like an 8 ounce bottle out of a styrofoam cooler. He dropped a protein ball made of fish byproducts and seaweed in the water and then poured about half the container on it, then he let them go. He then set the timer on his watch.

Corey told me that sharks have an exceptional sense of smell and that Tiger's can detect a scent up to a mile away. We watched and waited. So far nothing has happened.

"Just wait, I'm pretty confident about this." He assured me.

All of a sudden the ocean surface seemed to change and come alive. I saw my first dorsal fin. Then more, many more. The protein balls suddenly were being attacked and quickly consumed with a vicious intensity. It was fascinating and frightening.

Corey explained the Tiger Shark is an indiscriminate feeder. It has huge powerful jaws that can crack the shells of tortoises. Tiger sharks can get up to 15 feet in length and are second only to Great White in terms of shark size. They are considered an apex predator.

A couple of times the boat was bumped but within 15 minutes the sea was once again calm.

"That was fascinating." I told Corey. He seemed pleased with the results and took some time to type information on his tablet.

"It sure does not make me want to go into the water anytime soon." I said.

"That was a very unnatural situation." Corey told me. "Without the attractant we would have never lured the sharks anywhere near here."