Alii Drive

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It's Friday and there is a Pau Hana event at the pool. I'm tired but I still ask her if she wants to go. She says she doesn't care.

"I'm ok if we don't go." She says.

Well this is odd too. Hilary likes any party and we have not missed one of these events since we've lived here. I'm wondering if there is some type of reason she doesn't want to attend.

"I think it would be fun." I say. "I've been on the mainland too long, I'm in the mood for a Mai Tai or two." I add.

Hilary is quiet for a moment.

"I wouldn't mind some alone time with you." She says and rubs my thigh.

"Okay," I say. "We'll go for an hour or so and then get reacquainted." I proclaim.

Hilary doesn't say anything but the issue is settled.

We roll down a little after 6 to the usual group. Everyone is there but so far I don't see Banks. It is a very typical Pau Hana night. We see Clarence and Lynn, the Platte's and the Nishimora's, a couple who moved in a few months ago.

I know Corey is in Australia but I see Kiki across the way and I get up to go talk with her. I know I can't say anything about her relationship with Banks. I promised Corey I wouldn't. We start talking and she is really sweet. She tells me she is at their family condo indefinitely while Corey is in Australia.

She explains it's sometimes better to be at the condo while Corey is gone.

"There is plenty of room but sometimes I start feeling like a den mother to my little brother and all his "dates". "She says with a laugh.

After a while I glance across the way and Hilary is looking at me with a bit of a frown. Maybe it's her turn to get a little jealous. Kiki and I continue to talk for another half hour or so. Every so often I sensed the sadness of her life peek through when we get on a particular subject.

I tell her how much I have enjoyed talking to her but it is time for me to head for home. I get a brief but nice hug from her as I leave.

As I get back to our table I don't see Hilary. Ever observant Clarence notices me looking for her.

"I believe Mrs Rivers left 15 minutes ago." He tells me.

"Oh, she must be back at the condo." I say as I start towards home.

"Bryan" he says "I believe she was heading towards Mr Redmond's unit."

"And, dear boy, it is none of my business, but while you were away to the mainland they have been spending a great deal of time together." Clarence tells me with a look of some concern.

Slowly nodding my head as I absorb this information I turn to Clarence and with a brief hug and thank him. I think he was a bit surprised by the hug.

I go to our condo #508. My next Mai Tai is more rum than juice and the one after that is mostly rum. It's not even 9 PM and with the alcohol and time zone change I pass out. When I awaken it's 2:30 AM. This makes it 5:30 Pacific Time, around the time I normally get up.

I don't want to wake Hilary so I go to the spare bedroom. I doze a little but by 6 AM I'm up and out for a run on Alii Drive. I have a lot to think about. Hilary's behavior, Banks, the commodities market, Clarence's comments, and I am also thinking about Kiki White. One thing for sure Hilary and I are going to have a very frank discussion about Banks and the future.

Today.

At the condo Hilary is having morning coffee. She smiles and asks me how my run was. I tell her it was fine and then I asked her about last night.

"What happened last night?" I ask. "I came back to the table and you were gone. Where did you go?" Knowing fairly certainly she went to Banks' condo.

"I just wasn't feeling it last night. I just needed a break." She tells me.

"Well you weren't here" I say. "Where did you go?" I ask.

"You know how it is sometimes. You just don't feel like being at a party. You looked like you were having a good time. I didn't want to spoil your fun." She told me with a brief smile.

"Hilary, for the third time now," I say a little more forcefully but still calmly "Where did you go?"

She pauses glances at me and then looks down. After about a minute she says, "I went to talk to Banks."

I am trying to stay calm but I am getting a little angry. I say to her "so your husband has been gone for nearly two weeks and you end up spending time with Banks!?"

"When I got home you were out of it." She tells me.

I am steamed now. She is avoiding my questions and her relationship with Banks is far too close. This has interrupted our marriage. I need to get the truth about what is going on.

When I ask her pointedly about her relationship with Banks she finally says this.

"He is counseling me. He really understands me. He is showing me how to experience more things and lead a fuller life. When I am with him I am calm. My stress evaporates and I am physically able to unwind."

What in the holy fuck has this asshole been feeding her.

I lose my cool and I start yelling and I tell her I'm going to talk to him and get this all settled one and for all.

We get in this huge fight and she leaves. I decided not to go to Banks' condo now. I am practicing my calming exercises. Deep breath . . . deep breath. I can't afford an assault and battery charge at this point.

I'm hanging out at the condo and Hilary does not return. I would not be surprised if she was at Banks'. Early in the afternoon I text her telling her we need to have a serious discussion. Several hours later she says she'll be home at 6 tonight and is prepared to have that discussion.

All afternoon I plan my strategy. Basically it goes back to what I was thinking while on the mainland. If she's had sex with him we are done. If she hasn't we eliminate him from our lives. I have another plan in the works for Banks.

At 6 o'clock the doorbell rings. Why is she ringing the doorbell? When I open it I see Hilary and accompanying her is Banks. He is staring at me with a calm and smug expression. My temper flaring, I quickly go to my calming exercises for several reasons, including so I don't hit him.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" I ask.

Hilary looks at me with a look of patience. "Banks and I have a lot to say to you, it's best if we all talk it out together."

Banks and I! I want to throw him out, but my curiosity as to what they are going to say overrules my initial impulse. I need to get to the bottom of all this. I really need to know what's going on.

"Okay," I say "why don't you start telling me what is going on."

We move to the living room. They sit on the couch facing me. I am in a single chair.

"Bryan you know I've had self esteem issues my whole life." She says. She looks at me expecting a response. I just stare back at her blankly.

"Well," She goes on, "I am starting to understand the origin of some of those problems. Banks is opening up this information for me. I feel so empowered and happier. For the first time in my life I feel truly happy."

"Are you saying you are not happy in our marriage?" I ask her.

"No, Bryan honey, I love you. You are wonderful. This isn't about you, it's about me and understanding myself, pushing my own boundaries and eventually being a better life companion for you. Banks is teaching me so much." She says.

"I'm getting close Bryan, I'm almost at the point where I can live my life to the fullest." She pleads.

I am calm on the outside but inside I am more than angry. Her stupidity and his bullshit have really got me wound up. Deep breath . . . deep breath. Make a plan.

I am sitting there calming down not saying anything. I guess they think I don't understand.

"Bryan," Banks interjects with a professorial air about him, "inside all of us is a small child just looking for their parents' validation. With Hilary there are abandonment issues relative to her father leaving. She has used her appearance and sexuality to try to achieve that validation."

Are we in freshman year psychology class? I wonder if this asshole believes the bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

He goes on espousing about expanding horizons, breaking down personal barriers and experiencing all aspects of life.

I'm getting weary of all this and actually zone out but I do notice one thing. Hilary is looking at him not unlike the way I had seen her looking at Dr Greg Gorcic all those months ago.

It seemed all of his blather was winding down and he told me something that shocked me.

"Hilary will be staying with me for the next week so we may be able to break through the final barriers and prepare her for a fuller life."

"What!?" I shout. "You are moving out?" I ask her. Hard to stay calm with this news.

"Bryan, honey,". She is literally on her knees with her hands clasped as if in prayer. "It is only for a week or so." She pleads. She also has this hopeful smile on her face as if she is wishing I could understand the importance of all this.

"Are you sleeping with this guy?" I ask. At this point I need to cut through the bullshit and find out what really is going on.

"Oh Bryan, sex is so unimportant in the scheme of life" she says. Banks is nodding sagely as if his student has learned a lesson and the professor is affirming it.

"Bryan." Banks pontificates, "the human species has many ways of communicating. Sight, sound, hearing and certainly touching. Old out of date morals can limit people to what they can experience so they may live the most fulfilling of lives."

Okay, so in a very round about way he just told me they are fucking. I remember that first time on the beach and him checking her out in the bikini.

"Hilary," I say. I'll give it one last try. "Do not do this. You are my wife. We have some problems but we can get through this. Do not leave me."

"Honey," She pleads. "It is only a week. One small week out of our lives. I will be back and I will be the best version of myself for you for the rest of our lives." She says this staring at me with that same beatific smile plastered on her face.

With that, Banks stands and Hilary follows his lead. As they walk out the door she calls out an I Love You to me.

I didn't sleep much that night. I know my marriage is over and I am less sad than I would have thought I might be. More than anything I am angry. Specifically angry with Banks. I am starting to put the details on my plan.

I do some research and I think I have defined the type of predator Banks is. He considers himself an apex predator. It is not enough for him to screw a woman. It is not enough for him to screw another man's woman. It is still not enough for him to screw another man's woman and have the man know it. He needs to screw another man's woman and have that man accept it.

That will not happen here.

Sunday morning I go for a run on Alii Drive. There is a crowd out this morning. Along the way I'm deep in thought, working on my acting skills. If my plan is to work I need to be believable.

On the return I see Kiki in front of the building. I wave to her and we chat. She said she was heading out to get coffee. I ask if I can join her.

"Is Hilary going to join us too?" She asks.

I hesitate and then tell her we are not together. She says she saw us 2 nights ago at the Pau Hana together. I tell her it's a long story if she's interested. I get a feeling with all the Kona Palms gossip she may already have an idea.

"Sure, I'm interested, let's get coffee." Kiki replies.

We go to Java on the Rocks. It's outside and I'm perfectly dressed in my running clothes. I tell Kiki a very brief version of my situation with Hilary. And with Banks. She is quiet just taking it all in, but I can tell this is close to home for her. We have both suffered because of Banks Redmond.

As we walk back we talk about other subjects and we have a very good conversation. I am starting to really like Kiki.

We get back and I ask her if we could get together this coming weekend. She starts to shake her head no, and I stop her.

"Kiki, I'm not Banks" I say. I like you as a friend. At the moment I am married. I expect my marital status will change very quickly. You know why. Come on, 2 friends, for now, getting together."

She smiles and it is like sunshine. "Okay I guess. I would like to see you again. But for now just friends" She gives me the briefest of hugs and a kiss on the cheek. As she walks away I notice a bounce in her step.

Monday and the markets are calm but I sense change will be coming quickly. I have studied Dan's models and that lines up with some of the information from the ag conference. I make big moves in corn and coffee. I go all in on soybean futures.

I make all these moves before the market can react. I have my own LLC that is buried in several offshore corporations. It's legal, I just like it separate. Eventually it could lead back to me but it would take a lot of resources. It's my secret account.

Through the LLC I make my own trades. If I hit it right it could mean a minimum of $500,000 in my secret account. It could actually get up to a million.

I have not seen Hilary or Banks at the Kona Palms since Saturday night. That is fine but I need to connect with Banks as part of my plan.

Wednesday I am in my office early and so far so good. I see the trend and it looks like others are seeing it too. Big difference is I got in while prices were low.

Specifically at 9:30 AM I walk the grounds of The Palms. I see Banks doing his martial arts routine on the lawn. I quickly assemble myself as a beaten, unconfident man.

I stop him and apologize. I startled him and I think he thought I was going to attack him at first. I thanked him for helping Hilary and I asked him if he and I could talk sometime.

Nodding he agreed that would be a good idea.

All of a sudden as if it just occurred to me I told him I needed another dive to get my scuba certification. Could we go out, he could instruct me and he could help me to help Hilary.

I asked him to not say anything to Hilary about our getting together.

"I don't want to distract her from the work that you and she are doing together." I tell him with a frank and earnest expression complete with knit brow.

We agree to meet at the harbor at 3 PM Thursday. I actually hug him as we separate.

Thank God this guy has such a big ego. He actually wants to complete his domination of me with me accepting that he is fucking my wife. Working right into my plan. This afternoon I have an appointment with a divorce lawyer.

I reviewed the situation with my new lawyer Gerald Chin. He asks me what level of aggression do I want to approach this with. Humiliation with service at her employment, restraining orders, citation of adultery, what would I like to do. I tell him I need to consider all this. I ask him to get the paperwork started.

I'm up early Thursday morning. A lot to do. First thing is a long bike ride north on Alii to the Queen K highway. I'm back before 10 AM. I look at the markets and everything seems to be following my projected trend.

I'm scheduled to meet Banks at the harbor at 3 PM. After a bit more running around I'm there shortly after 2 PM. I carefully load my gear onto his boat. I am wearing a cheap flowered Hawaiian shirt and a large brimmed plantation hat. I never wear this type of clothing.

He shows up at 3 PM on the dot. I am acting defeated and subservient to him, trying to play to his ego. We talk casually for a minute while we are getting settled.

"Bryan," He begins, "I thought you were having inner ear problems that precluded you from scuba?" He asks.

"I got another opinion and was told that it was likely I was going too deep too quickly. It will take me longer to go down to reef level but I was assured that if I go slowly all will be ok." This is total bullshit but he buys it.

"So tell me," I ask "how's Hilary doing?"

I am so glad his ego is so grossly inflated. I sense no suspicion of my act.

He goes on to say that she is evolving. He has her on a program that is helping her find herself. She is blossoming and her beauty is blossoming too. He talks about her overcoming self doubt and expanding her horizons in all aspects of her life.

"In fact," he says, "once she's back in your bed you will be very pleased at all she's learned. I am glad to be her instructor and you will be the recipient of her acquired skills. Hilary is a very sensuous woman."

It took all of my self control not to hit him at this point but I maintain my calm subservient attitude. Nodding my head as if all he said was suddenly making sense.

"Thank you." I tell him with a look of reverence etched across my face.

He buys it.

This encourages him as he talks of his sexual skill. How sexual self control is all mental. How if one practices the tantric principles they can be a much better lover.

"The average man," and he nods towards me "has no idea what to do with a beautiful woman like Hilary. You must understand them first and peel away the layers until you know exactly what they want. I have helped many women to better understand their own sexuality. As I may have said before, it is my gift to those I counsel."

If it had been a little choppier I could have blamed my nausea on sea sickness. But no, the sea is calm today.

"In life you will find humans not unlike the animal kingdom." He goes on. "In nature there are apex predators. The same is true with humans too. Bryan, with no false modesty I tell you I am at the top of the food chain. I see what I want and I take it. I am an apex predator."

I am doing the best I can to act like every word he says has divine importance. This is truly disgusting.

"Ah hah," he proclaims "we are here. I'm going to lower anchor and shut down. My scuba gear is in these bags. Get them out and we will begin." He commands as he goes below.

This couldn't be better. I grab his shorty wetsuit and get it prepared for his dive. By the time he comes up, all is set. I am still fumbling with my gear near my large carryon bag.

"Looks like you packed for a week." He says. I just laugh.

As he puts on his shorty he notices a particular odor. Sniffs the air and has a puzzled expression on his face. I am facing slightly away but watching intently. He shakes his head as if this is just one of life's little mysteries and climbs down the stainless steel ladder into the sea.

Before he submerges I say to Banks, "it will be about 15 minutes before I get down to the reef. I need to descend slowly." I explain.

He waves his hand as if my situation was of no importance to him. Here we go. When Corey used the attractant he only used half the bottle. I wonder what will be the reaction with a full bottle.

One last step, I hoisted the dive ladder up onto the deck. There was now 3 feet of smooth fiberglass between the ocean and the deck rail. Hard to scale that.

I put on my shorty just in case he popped up. Now I just wait for the show to begin. At first nothing happens, did I do something wrong? I wait and watch. Some minutes later I could tell the ocean surface changed. I spotted the dorsal fins. Here they come.

Moments later Banks surfaced 20 yards or so away.

"Shark!" He screams and frantically swims towards the boat.

I watched with horrific fascination, absent of any remorse.

Remarkably he made it close to the boat only to find the ladder missing.

"Bryan," he screamed. "Get the ladder down, there are sharks in the water!"

"But I thought YOU were the apex predator?" I said with mock sincerity.

"Bryan, for the love of God please help meeeeee . . . . ." And he was pulled under. The sea churned with the underwater attack. Clouds of dark red blood floated up from below. That was all I saw of Banks. There was a little more thrashing and soon the sea was still.

I waited an hour to launch my small inflatable. I was nervous even doing that with all the sharks I had seen. I headed for the beach.

Glancing back at that beautiful sunset I drifted off for a minute. I shook myself and told myself to get moving. The hard part was done, but there was still more to do. The plan, so far, had worked perfectly.