All for a Cup of Coffee

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

--- Chapter 5 : Pancakes And Conflict ---

I sat at the bar, fiddling with my long dead phone. I had considered asking around to see if any of the magical types knew how to play with electricity to recharge it, but what would even be the point? Should they figure out the complex and extremely sensitive process of recharging a lithium battery without frying the phone, what would I get from it? The thing had no signal. It wasn't like I'd suddenly get a text from my brother telling me he had been teleported to the next town over. At best, I'd get a gadget for taking pictures and calculating numbers. Actually, thinking about it... That could be useful for keeping records for the High-Tail. Over the last few weeks, we had been doing really good. Berry had really come into the job and she was learning to work some of the simpler dishes in the kitchen quite well. I could trust most sides or appetizers to her these days if they were ones we'd already made together.

I shook out of my thoughts and looked at my hands again. The phone was one of a few things of mine that had survived the transition into this world. The tux I had been wearing was a rental and I sure as hell would never see my deposit back on that. Upstairs on a table in Cherry's room were my keys, my wallet, and my phone charger. None had any use or value in this world. To be fair, neither did my phone but it was such an ingrained habit to have it in my pocket that I still carried it. So I shoved it back in the tight pocket of my colorful shorts and stood.

My outfit today was another take on 'show off your legs and wear an open vest' that Cherry liked so much. Bright yellow shorts that fit tight in the crotch and ass, and a sea green vest that couldn't actually button up because of its cut. It was intended to show off my chest all the time.

"Alright girls. Are we ready for the day?" I called out as I looked around.

Cherry, her tail twitching happily, stood behind her bar with a mug and rag in hand. She fastidiously polished everything made of glass these days and had a better rapport with the customers than ever. She nodded with a smile to me.

Berry was walking around adjusting tables and Chairs into their proper position. Despite her position and income, she had still forgone spending any money on herself, even just for clothes. Her cute naked butt still jiggled about the place without shame, and I didn't argue. Apparently she had been happily funding a full refurbishment of her mom's inn and didn't mind being broke. When I spoke, she turned to me bobbed her head, "Yup! I got all the fruit cut up and everything prepared for the cold breakfasts."

Our newest addition slithered between tables, wiping down the wooden surfaces with a wet rag and a bucket of soap. Initially I had been skeptical and concerned about her ability work effectively in the tight space between chairs and tables. Ro'Lin was a Lamia like my tailor Sarissa, though her scales were a shimmering amethyst instead of blue. However my concerns were entirely unfounded because she completely blew me away in the little talent competition I had put on a few days ago to select a new waitress.

With the constantly surging business, and the wildly successful income, I made the decision that we needed a second employee to keep on top of things. To that end, I set up a bit of an obstacle through the dining room and let ladies come in to run it. At the same time, I threw things at them and yelled commands they had to follow. We got some really talented entrants, as well as some truly awful and unbalanced women. But Ro'Lin showed up every other applicant that came by. She dodged everything I threw at her, didn't bump a single obstacle, and never let a single cup or plate drop from her tray. That serpentine body of hers allowed her to raise up high or slip forward quickly. She could twist and turn around things in ways that two planted legs couldn't achieve. I immediately offered her the job.

"Yesss, sir!" Ro'Lin said eagerly, turning to jiggle in my direction. Did I not mention? Yeah, she's stacked almost as well as either of the other ladies. Her body was quite the erotic one to be honest. She was overall more slender than Berry and Cherry, and while that left her breasts smaller, she could move in so many ways to make up for it. She had those gorgeous gem-like purple scales up to her waist where they faded away into deeply tanned skin. She wore a twisted gray silk top that barely kept her tits in line, while her lower half was only covered in the front with a frilled white apron I had provided her. I could see why she was comfortable like that, most of the time her private parts weren't readily visible because her scales covered her pussy perfectly. Though I guess most women in Scarborough think nothing of walking around stark naked. They're even encouraged to do so if I'm around in hopes of enticing me.

She liked her jewelry though, and she wasn't afraid to wear a lot of it. Gold and silver bands wrapped around her arms and throat, as well as a number fitted to the slender tip of her tail. Rings adorned every finger with gems in every color of the rainbow, as well as quite a few shining trinkets woven into her long black hair.

And passionate! You would not believe it. While she was no less disappointed than Berry or Cherry about my fertility, she was intensely more interested in my stamina. Unlike the other two, who wore out much faster than I did, Ro'Lin could go for hours. She would often wrap herself around my lower half, keeping me lodged inside her and just kind of undulate her coils around me in a way that rocked my cock in and out of her tight slit. She came just as easily as them, but her body seemed more capable of recovering quickly.

I was honestly surprised that someone so wealthy would be interested in a simple waitress job, but she explained it to me when I asked. Apparently she was a traveling trader and all her wealth in the world was wrapped up in the finery she wore. She had no home, nor any other belongings beyond one small bag she carried with her while traveling. She would go from place to place, swapping and trading her wares or her jewelry for other things. She was a sweet talker with a slick tongue and would never come away from a trade with less than she went in with. The perfect personality and skill for working customers while leaving them feeling great about the interaction. She had offered when I was asking around for a waitress because it was a chance she couldn't pass up, and it was as good of place as any to settle down. Worst case, she could just gather up her gold and jewelry and move on.

My hands clapped together and I announced, "Let's get on with it then. Ro, feel free to welcome in our morning crowd."

The Lamia bowed and slithered over to the door to begin greeting the line of women that always gathered outside. As the three ladies worked to settle in the crowd and begin taking orders, I stepped away to the kitchen to get things moving. My morning started hours before and I already had most of the prep work already done. What I hadn't done, Berry had and so I got right to it when the first order came back.

*******

What appeared to start out as a normal morning changed abruptly partway through breakfast. I was frying three orders of pancakes when I heard a rather raucous conversation coming from the main room. I quickly finished the cakes, put them on plates, and dished up the meats and syrup to go with them.

Out in the main room, the crowd was staring at the front door where a tall, rough looking woman with a wildly massive mane of golden blonde hair stood. She wore a leather corset and tight shorts beneath a long, weather worn coat. A number of pistols could be seen strapped over her ample chest and a sword was hanging from one hip. She looked to be a simple normal human except for a long slender blonde tail that twitched behind her. It took a second for me to spot the feline ears amongst her thick hair.

To her left stood another woman, this one short and stocky with white horns and a smattering of black scales on her tanned skin. She didn't look to be serpentine at all, as the scales were largely gathered around her arms, legs, and belly. Maybe some kind of dragon? She wore baggy shorts and a cloak with a dozen or so different bags and pouches hung from her belt.

And to the tall woman's left was the first man I ever saw in this world. He was a wiry guy made from leather and grit, middle to late aged with a completely bald head. For clothing, he was clearly dressed for the pleasure of the women around him because he only wore a leather loin cloth, leather boots, and leather bracers. He wore gold hoop earrings and a heavy gold gorget around his throat.

"Captain Emmy!" Cherry called over the noisy crowd. As she did, they looked her way and then saw me standing with plates of food in my hands. The crowd hushed rather quickly and they looked back to the woman at the door.

"I have been back in town for mere hours and I have already heard tell of the most handsome man ever seen, and the greatest food anyone has ever eaten." Captain Emmy said loudly.

I wracked my brain for a moment and barely managed to place the name. While I had been horribly hungover and talking with Cherry the first time, she had mentioned Emmy and her pirate fleet as the defacto leader of Scarborough. During later conversations, she also explained that Emmy was well respected by all the folks of Scarborough because she was almost exclusively responsible for its safety and ability to grow. Nobody dared threaten the town that the powerful pirate queen called her home for fear of their homes being razed by the fleet in response.

Everyone seemed tense and Emmy's eyes were sweeping the room slowly until they fell upon me. I smiled brightly at her and broke the tension casually, "Emmy! You're even more radiant than I was told. Please, take a seat anywhere and I'll have some food right out to you. What would you and your companions like for breakfast?"

As I spoke, I sidled over to the table where the order for pancakes had come from and set them down in front of three baffled looking mer-women.

"I was told that this very pub was responsible for both of those things. I didn't believe a word of it. Even if there was a man so handsome in Scarborough, there is no way he could be actually working. What woman in their right mind would even consider having a man work for them." Her eyes slowly drifted to Cherry, who was standing at the bar with a couple of mugs in front of her. A few frothy beers were already drawing beads of water on their glasses, while others were waiting their turn to be filled.

"Captain Emmy, that's not at-" Cherry started, her voice rising in a tone of panic.

"Silence, man-hater!" Emmy barked sharply, her eyes narrowing as she stared at Cherry. She slowly looked to me and asked, "Is she really making you work? You know you could come with me and never lift a finger for the rest of your life. I'll let you live in luxury."

In one fluid motion I slid my hand in my apron, whipped out a knife, and snapped it forward. It whistled sharply and stuck into the floor between Emmy's boots and her eyes widened. I frowned and said, "You yell at her like that again and I'll put the next knife through your eye. Cherry may own the High-Tail but it is MY bar. I am the chef. Pirate fleet of the town or whatever, I don't take kindly to people yelling at MY girls."

Emmy seemed stunned for a moment at that. For that matter, the entire room was so still and quiet that you could actually hear the faint sizzle of leftover grease from the kitchen's open door.

It took a moment more for the captain to gather herself enough to speak and she did so calmly, "This is absolutely the strangest thing I have ever witnessed. A man claiming to run a bar. A man claiming dominance over multiple women. A man threatening my very life. That same man being simply the most delicious looking one I have ever had the pleasure of seeing."

The room remained quiet and I slowly withdrew another knife from my apron. The dragon-looking woman at Emmy's side raised a hand and I saw sparkles of magic play across her finger.

"No. No need." Emmy pushed the mage woman's hand down. She shook her head in wonder at me and said, "The last thing I would ever do is harm a man, least one so gorgeous. A crime worse I have never imagined. I am just at odds with the strangeness of a man having such talent and determination, and a man actually working for himself! So curious. Well, bring me your finest meal. I am intrigued at what a man could cook that would draw such a crowd."

I eyed her and put the knife away with a nod. Then I gestured to a number of women who had finished breakfast and had just been chatting before Emmy came in. They quickly got to their various paws, claws, or feet to make space. Emmy and her companions came over and took the seats, with me pulling out Emmy's for her to sit. She looked a bit awkward and confused as I did what to me was a simple courtesy for ladies. Looking back on it, I guess I would find it pretty strange if a supermodel was pulling out my seat. If I really was considered as good looking as she described, then that would make it odd as hell.

"Now, we have a number of breakfast dishes I can offer, but I like to think my stuffed omelette is my best breakfast dish." I said as I looked over the three of them.

Captain Emmy shrugged, "Who am I to argue with the cook. Three omelettes."

"Coming right up." I said and I turned towards the kitchen. The whole room was still quiet and staring. I waved a hand and said, "Most of you have food already. Go back to your own meals and stop staring."

Eyes averted quickly and I went to cook my finest omelette for the queen of the pirates.

*******

Emmy had very little to say about the omelette. I served them and they began eating without comment. I wasn't exactly sure how to take that. Obviously I know how to deal with a problematic customer, but this was a situation a bit out of my norm. I think she expected me to swoon, or to make a performance of things. But instead I went back to work serving the other customers. The rest of the breakfast was much more subdued, with the majority of women eating their meals, paying their bills, and leaving quickly. It was probably the first time we ever served breakfast and didn't have to usher people out the door afterward.

Soon enough, Emmy and her duo were the only ones left. I finished the last of my work and came out to talk with them. At a gesture, Berry and Ro'Lin scurried off to the kitchen to do dishes and clean up. I pointed at the fourth seat at the Captain's table and asked, "Would you mind?"

"Not at all, of course. Please, you have not introduced yourself." Emmy said with an odd smile.

"Harrold. I would say the same of you but your reputation is quite prolific around here." I spoke as I pulled the seat out, sat down, and put one ankle on the other knee. I clasped my hands together and appraised her. She was striking in her looks, with angular features and eyes with vertical pupils. Her skin was weathered from years at sea, and her hair showed the frazzly raggedness of constant salt water. Though that hair was still as thick and wild as any seventies actress could've hoped for. Through it poked a pair of sharp, feline ears. Her teeth were pointed when she smiled at me. Her clothes, though clearly of fine make, were worn from hard work. The corset showed scratches and nicks from battle, and her shorts were torn and fraying at the edges. Her coat had stitches patching holes and cuts in the leather, as well as a near uniform level of scuffs over the entire surface. She was clearly a woman of action and strength, and she was well respected by the entire town it seemed. So I tailored my conversation carefully.

"I get the feeling you are either unhappy with me or feel threatened by me." I said, with a light but unmistakeable tone of someone unwilling to give in.

"Not at all, Harrold. What woman could ever feel threatened by a man? But you have somehow gotten the attention of all of Scarborough, and enchanted them all to your own desires. I wasn't off my ship five minutes before I was told by no less than three different people that High-Tail had become the most popular pub in town, and that we were being blessed by the very god of masculine beauty himself." Emmy said as she leaned back from her empty plate. Her arms slung over the back of the chair and her demeanor oozed ego.

"It has not been my intention to take popular attention away from you. I am just a chef and I like the High-Tail. Since I came to Scarborough, Cherry has been very good to me and so I've wanted to help her by making her business a success." I shrugged and waved to the room around me.

"Bah. You could not take Scarborough from me. The town is so far from the capital of Jart that it is of no real interest to the kingdom. So the only thing that keeps it safe are my ships. You might be pretty eye-candy to the girls around here, but you can't do anything." Captain Emmy snorted with a shake of her head.

I dropped my foot to the floor and leaned forward, "Okay. So if I'm not a threat to you personally, or to your power, then what is your issue with me?"

"You? Nothing. You're pretty man-meat. I'd love to take you for myself. my issue is with her." She pointed at Cherry who was collecting glasses and coin off the tables. She stopped and looked at Emmy nervously. Emmy scowled and said, "All the women of Scarborough know my rules. Any new man comes to live in this town, I get my nut of him. The first thing I should've heard when I came to town was that she had come to one of my subordinates to tell us she had a new man living with her so that I could come and take him for a night." She shoved to her feet and slammed her hands on the table, "But not only do I find she has not done this but she has also allowed that man to toil away in her kitchen so she could make money off him. Now I have no issue with a gal selling off her guy's nights whenever she doesn't want them. That's just life. But no guy should actually be working and I won't have it."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "I'm so sick of hearing that shit. Men shouldn't work. Men should just look pretty. Wow, a man can actually cook. Bah! You want a fucking night with me, fine. Let's go. If it's one thing I've learned from the ladies of Scarborough, it's that none of you can actually handle me."

Captain Emmy burst out laughing at that. She threw her head back and guffawed like I had just said the most ridiculous, absurd thing to ever come out of a sentient creature. Her laughter went on for almost uncomfortably long before she trailed off, wiped at an eye, and looked at me. A smile still tugged at her cheek, "Oh, that is the most precious thing. Do you know why? Because my man here is the most virile this side of the queen's own harem." She put her arms around the wiry man's neck and kissed him on the cheek, "He can give me a good night every five days!"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Great. So where do you want to meet me tonight? We doing this here or you want me to come out to your boat?"

Emmy still looked amused and she said, "Come on down to the docks after dinner. I'll have a boat waiting for you."

*******

Cherry gave me directions to the particular dock Emmy and her crew used almost exclusively. I headed that way almost as soon as dinner was finished, leaving Ro'Lin and Berry to clean up with Cherry. None of my girls were happy to see me going off to presumably fuck yet another woman. But they all also understood that they were lucky to be having sex at all without having to pay money for it, so there was little more than a few grumbles out of them.

The thing was that I had to assume I wouldn't be in any shape for breakfast tomorrow. I opted to change the menu to a simpler selection and allow Cherry to run the kitchen again. She was surprised I asked that of her, but I doubted Captain Emmy was going to be an easy or gentle lover based on the interactions earlier today.

1...89101112...33