All My Loving

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why can't you tell me what the secret thing is you guys are working on?" Brandy continued. "Mom thinks it's some kind of spy satellite. Dad says it's probably a machine of some kind."

"I can't really tell you anything more without betraying my partners. We agreed to keep things under wraps until we complete the project, or die of old age, whichever comes first. The truth is, I think we'll have everything in place by the end of the year. If everything falls into place, I'll be able to tell you more next Christmas."

"I hope it works out," Brandy replied. "Mom and Dad are really proud of you doing so well. You even flew us all out to visit you here in Las Vegas. All my friends at school were jealous. You deserve some good luck and happiness."

"I've already had more than my share of good luck, Sis. I'm hoping hard work and innovative thinking will carry me on from here."

It was the middle of October when Gavin declared the project complete. "I think we've got everything about as good as we can get it. We all agree that Lana's father is going to handle the negotiations and approve any contracts we sign, right?"

"He's been in the business for thirty years and knows what he's doing. I'm sure he'll work extra hard since it will benefit his daughter," Candy added. "I'm more than fine with it."

"I trust Lana's dad. He's a smart guy and far and away our best option," Jason agreed. "I think some companies will be interested in our designs. Your great ideas and hard work will pay off."

Lana's father, a senior partner in a law firm specializing in patents, was eager to apply for several patents for the partners. He explained it would probably take over a year to get the patents, and possibly as long as two years.

"I've got a job lined up doing IT work here in Vegas," Gavin explained. "Lana and I will be here to keep an eye on everything. Jason's paid the rent for the warehouse for another twelve months, so all we have to do is wait."

"I'm going to spend some time with my parents. After that, I might head to the Hawaii," Candy stated. "I can get a job tending bar or waitressing. I'll be able to give my brain a rest. I always wanted to learn to surf. You both have my contact information. Jason; don't just sit around waiting for Lana's dad to sell our creation or you'll go stir crazy. Have some fun."

"Actually, I have a standing invitation from a good friend to help him with his fishing charter business in Key West," Jason revealed. "It sounds like something I'd enjoy, at least for a few months."

"Key West?" Candy repeated. "Would you mind If wound up there rather than Hawaii? I could still waitress or tend bar for the winter and learn to surf. I could drive down and save the hassle of flying."

"Surfers in Hawaii would never call the ripples in Key West actual waves," Jason stated with a chuckle. "It's a long time between big waves in the Keys. Like the guy with the grey beard would say in a meme, 'I don't surf in the Keys often, but when I do, it's during a hurricane.' I would love to have you come down, but if you're looking for good surfing, it isn't the best location."

"Okay, then. I'll stick with my original plan, even though I always wanted to visit Key West. That's going to go on my bucket list when we sell our battery."

Jason was packed and headed for Florida by the end of October. He was in no rush, so he stopped at various tourist destinations along the way. Ten days after leaving Vegas, Jason was wandering the piers of Key West, looking for his former brother-in-law's fishing boat.

It took a while, but Jason finally saw a boat with the name Good Intentions painted on the bow. It was larger and newer than Jason had expected. He stepped onto the craft and casually walked around it, looking for his friend, Dan.

"The next charter is going out tomorrow morning," came a familiar voice from behind Jason. "Please leave and come back then if you want to go fishing."

Jason stopped and stood very still. How was it possible? Dan told him he hadn't seen Beth since the summer, so why was she on the boat? He mulled over possible ways he could just leave without having to speak with her.

"Are you hard of hearing, or don't you understand English?" Beth demanded as she stared at the man's back. He was wearing board shorts and a short-sleeved shirt, which allowed Beth a glimpse of his well defined biceps. They he slowly turned to face her.

"Jason? Why are you here? Dan never mentioned that you were coming."

Jason looked at his ex-wife for the first time since he left her as she packed for her weekend of debauchery. She stood not ten feet from him in a rather small bikini. She looked more mature than he remembered, but not in a bad way.

Her breasts filled and even slightly overflowed from her top. She wore boy shorts which appeared to have been painted on. Her hair was longer than he had ever seen her wear it, while her face was every bit as beautiful as he remembered.

"Dan told me to come down anytime and help him with the fishing charters. I thought it would be a good time to catch up on everything with him," Jason managed through suddenly dry lips. "I apologize for barging in like this. I'll leave now."

"Wait! Dan should be back any minute. He just went to get some cold beer," Beth replied as she studied Jason while trying to not be too obvious. He was leaner than she remembered. His arms were well muscled and his chest seemed broader. He wore a short box beard that made him look especially masculine.

Beth saw Jason's eyes sweep over her, lingering briefly on her legs, then her bosom before finally settling on her face. She was blushing by the time he looked into her eyes.

"Jason, I never had the chance to apologize to you for my actions. It took a long time before I would even accept I had done something wrong," Beth began. "I want you to know I finally understand why you felt you had to leave and seek a divorce. I know now that it was not something a man could ever forgive, so I won't ask. I don't deserve forgiveness.

"That said, I have to live my life, but with the lesson I learned from past mistakes. We both love Dan like a brother, so let's try to get along and not hide from each other. Do you have your girlfriend with you?"

Jason listened carefully to Beth's apology. He was relieved when she did not ask for his forgiveness, nor did she suggest they get back together. Her mention of a girlfriend took him by surprise.

"No girlfriend. I'm here alone," he replied. "I think we can be civil to each other. I know Dan would appreciate that, but I can't be your friend after all that happened. It hurt a lot. In fact, it still does. I've finally gotten to a point where I don't think about it morning, noon and night, but it's still far from forgotten."

"I guess that's the best I can hope for," Beth stated softly. "Would you like me to leave so you can be your usual fun-loving self when Dan gets here with the beer?

"Too late, Sis. I'm right behind you," Dan declared happily. "Jason, it's great to see you again. I'm sure glad you and Beth managed to reach a truce. Now we can have a few beers and catch up on things."

Beth only had two days left on her vacation before she had to return home. Jason had forced himself to accept her presence without cringing or growing angry. She was smart enough to recognize his anxiety and tried to not be alone with him. By the time she left, the two were able to converse without any unpleasantries.

Jason couldn't help but notice how Beth had changed since he had first met and married her. She laughed less, but seemed more confident and relaxed than he remembered. She had always been beautiful, but she looked even better than she did in his memories. It saddened him to think about what he had lost, but he remained certain he had made the only choice possible.

For her part, Beth ached whenever she saw Jason laughing and joking with her brother. He had always been that way with her. Their relationship had been built on mutual respect, common interests and a deep love. Why had she been so foolish? She had never met a man who compared favorably to Jason, but she had stupidly assumed he would love her and stay with her no matter what. She now realized how naïve that belief had been. No man would put up with a wife as self-centered and foolish as she had been.

As her cab waited, Beth said her goodbyes to Dan, before turning to Jason. "I hope we've gotten past that awkward stage and we can be in the same room now without sparks, or tears flying."

"I realize I've never thanked you for the money you sent to me when we divorced. I never expected it and really didn't want it. I'd like to return the money," Jason offered.

"You earned it with the heartache I caused you. Dan said you've been working on new ideas for machinery. When you turn it into a fortune, you can pay me back with interest. Until then, don't worry about it. It helped make me feel a little better about myself."

Jason simply nodded. Beth kissed his cheek and stepped into her waiting cab.

Jason spent the winter helping Dan with his fishing charters. By spring, he was tanned and smiling all the time. Dan told him that his business had picked up, mostly because so many young women were now booking a day of fishing. Dan was a good looking guy, while Jason was getting second and third glances wherever he went. The two men devoted more than a few evenings going above and beyond the call of duty to please lady clients. Jason woke up one morning with the realization that he was pretty much healed.

The ladies he had entertained were all effusive in their praise of his lovemaking skills. He was in the best shape of his life and they were the beneficiaries. Jason also cherished the time he was able to spend with his best friend. His finally felt confident and relaxed.

It was early June when Beth stepped on Good Intentions with her parents in tow. Jason saw them coming and surprised himself by his reaction. He didn't mind seeing Beth again, but her father was another story. He looked to be as much of an asshole as he was when Jason worked for him.

Naturally, Dan was off getting supplies. Jason was cleaning the deck when Beth and her parents arrived. Beth hurried up to Jason and briefly hugged him as she whispered, "I'm sorry about bringing my dad. Mom insisted he come with us. No one told him you've been helping Dan. Please don't hurt him."

Jason released Beth and proceeded to hug her mother in greeting. He then turned to meet Jack Henderson. As Jason offered his hand, the older man jerked back and sneered at Jason.

"Why's this asshole..." was as far as he got with his question. Jason had anticipated a rude encounter and was prepared. As his former boss began his tirade, Jason simply raised his foot, placed it against the older man's stomach and gave a hard push. Henderson staggered back a few steps before disappearing over the side of the boat. The two women rushed to the side to see how Jack was faring. Jason strolled over to a cooler, grabbed a beer out of the ice, closed the lid and sat down on it.

The two women had turned their attention back to Jason as Jack Henderson slowly climbed a ladder to the pier. Jason flashed them a huge grin, tipped his bottle of beer in their direction and took a long pull.

"You'd better tell the old bastard he'll be taking another dip if he pisses me off again," Jason promised. "He needs to learn how to speak to a man or be ready to defend himself. I won't be taking any shit."

As he spoke, Jason recalled the discussion he and Dan had had a few days prior. "My father's going to visit with Mom and Beth. He's still pretty pissed at you. Some of it is for divorcing Beth, but Mom thinks it's mostly about the way you quit your job."

"Do you want me to find somewhere else to be while your family's visiting," Jason asked his friend.

"Hell, no! I want you to toss his ass off the boat if he gives you a ration of shit. This is my boat and I'm the fucking captain. You're my faithful first mate," Dan said with a laugh. "My boat, my rules. It's about time he learned a few of life's lessons."

After speaking briefly with her husband, June approached Jason as he calmly nursed his beer. "Can Jack come back on board? I think he realizes he needs to be more careful with his words."

"He's Dan's father, so he's welcome here, as long as he understands that he'll be over the side again if he so much as looks at me cross-eyed."

June's eyes seem to glint and a slight smile moved her lips. She nodded and returned to her husband as he stood on the pier. Jason heard Jack grumble something to June before he carefully stepped onboard, again.

Beth walked over to where Jason was sitting. "Dad's just beginning to realize that the only reason you put up with his pomposity was because I was your wife and he's my father. You surprised him when you quit your job. You stunned him just now when you moved him off the boat so easily. There's no reason you'd put up with his taunts and insults. I think he better understands the situation now.

"Would you offer us a beer?" Beth asked. "Dad's in control of his thoughts and actions."

Dan made his appearance as Jason was digging out bottles of beer for the guests. Dan hugged his mother and sister before facing his father. When he saw how wet he was, Dan started laughing.

He looked at Jason and chuckled as he nodded toward his father. "You tossed him overboard, didn't you?"

"How can you think this is funny?" Jack demanded. "He's the scum that divorced your sister and broke her heart. I can't believe you'd allow him on your boat."

"Beth, what do you think?" Dan asked his sister. "Should Jason be allowed on my boat after breaking your heart?"

"I think Dad needs to be careful or he'll be swimming with the fishes again," Beth replied with a straight face.

"There you have it, Dad. If you're trying to stick up for Beth, you're wasting your breath. If you're pissed because Jason quit his job and won't take any more shit from you, you'd better start wearing a life jacket."

"How can you take his side after what he did to you, Beth? Are you afraid of him?" Jack demanded.

"Afraid of Jason? Me? Watch this, Dad," Beth shot back as she began slapping Jason's chest and arms before making small fists and hitting him in the chest. Jason simply covered up with his arms. "He's never made me feel threatened or unsafe. He's a gentleman. I screwed up so badly he had to divorce me. I gave him no choice, so don't try to make him the bad guy. It's all on me."

As she finished her emotional outburst, Beth broke into tears and hurried off the boat. June gave Jack a hard look before following after her daughter.

Dan faced his father and spoke firmly, "You need to get your head out of your ass and figure this shit out. Mom says your business is having trouble. You've just demonstrated your leadership skills. Stop rewarding ass-kissers and punishing people with ambition and vision. Start with talking, and actually listening to your daughter. Mom wasn't very happy with you, either."

June and Beth insisted on going fishing the next day as they had scheduled. Jack came with them, but he was taciturn and aloof during the trip. Beth managed to surreptitiously watch Jason as he and Dan deftly handled the boat. The two men obviously enjoyed their work and sharing time with each other. They joked throughout the day, causing Beth and her mother to break into laughter more than once. Jason seemed more mature and confident than she remembered, while his body had undergone a major upgrade. He was shirtless all afternoon. The sun glistened on his tanned chest and shoulders. He was a man in his prime, but he was no longer hers.

For his part, Jason tried to not stare at Beth. She moved across the deck with the grace of a jungle cat. She wore a fairly modest swimsuit, but it was obvious her figure was every bit as alluring as it had been when they first met. She was an extremely attractive woman.

As they were approaching the pier at the end of the day, Beth managed to approach Jason while they were away from her family. "I appreciate how good you've been to me, Jason. Many men in your position would be sullen, silent or even abusive. You've been nothing but kind and considerate. It really drives home how foolish I was. Thanks for being the man you are."

"I never wanted to see you suffer in any way, Beth. I wish you happiness and success. We just don't think the same on some pretty major issues. We should have known more about each other before we got married, but that's in the past."

"Yes, it is. I don't think we'd disagree on those important issues anymore. I've learned a lot since our divorce. At least I hope I have. Thanks again, Jason. I'll always think of you kindly."

On the morning they were scheduled to fly back north, Beth and June were on Dan's boat saying their goodbyes. Beth saw her first and felt her heart sink. June noticed Beth's sudden change in demeanor and followed her eyes to see the beautiful blonde woman step off the pier onto the boat.

Jason was next to see the beautiful woman. "Candy! You decided to stop in. It's great to see you again."

As he spoke, Jason embraced the blonde in an affectionate hug as June, Beth and Dan looked on. Once he released Candy, he began making introductions.

"Candy, meet Beth, her mom, June, and her brother Dan. Candy is a close friend of mine from Las Vegas."

Candy's mouth dropped open as she quickly swung her attention from Dan to Beth. "Is Beth your... ah, former wife?"

"Yes, I should have mentioned that in my introduction," Jason replied. "We're getting along much better now than we had been. One of the reasons is that her brother, Dan, is my best friend. I know I told you about him."

"You did. You also told me about Beth, but here you are, standing next to her. I'm glad you've been able to find some common ground. You look much more relaxed than you did when I first met you.

"Hello, Beth. It's nice to finally put a face to the name. I have to say Jason has very good taste," Candy stated as she offered Beth her hand. "You're a very attractive woman."

Beth was doing her best to control her emotions as she shook Candy's hand. "Thank you. His tastes are improving all the time. You're stunning."

"You nailed it, Sis," Dan chipped in as he took Candy's hand in his. "Jason, why didn't you tell me Candy was going to visit and how beautiful she is?"

"I didn't know she was coming," Jason replied as he watched his best friend fawn over Candy. "Besides, I never thought she was particularly attractive, so there was no reason to mention her looks."

"You're probably telling the truth," Candy remarked. "You were married to this beautiful woman. Anyone else will look pretty common by comparison."

"I'm afraid any beauty I may have is only skin deep," Beth replied somberly.

Candy showed some surprise at Beth's admission. She arched her eyebrows slightly at Jason before returning her attention to Beth. "That statement might be self-contradictory. You appear to be a lovely person, inside and out."

"Looks can be deceiving. Ask Jason about that. It was nice meeting you, but Mom and I have a plane to catch. Jason, take care of my brother," Beth managed. She gave Jason a tight hug while whispering softly in his ear. "She's beautiful."

Beth was obviously dejected as she and her mother drove back to the hotel to get their luggage and pick up Jack. "Don't feel bad, Dear. Jason won't get serious about some Vegas showgirl. She's very attractive, but you're an accomplished lawyer."

"Mom, she's some kind of genius. I Googled her when I saw her name and pictures in the social media posts Brandy made last fall. She has advanced degrees in Math and Physics from MIT. They worked together on a project. How could Jason not fall in love with a beautiful, really smart woman like her? I bet she's smart enough to be faithful, too."