All My Loving

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After Beth and June left, Candy led Jason off to the side. "It's great that you're getting along with your ex. She's beautiful and her brother looks like a hunk, but that's not why I'm here.

"Lana's dad told Gavin that our project is on the fast track for approval. We could have our patents within the next twelve months, which is practically warp speed in his world. He thinks we're going to have some very large companies interested in our patents."

"That's great news," Jason replied with a smile. "You and Gavin had a great vision along with the ability to make it happen. As long as we have to wait, plan on fishing with us. Dan seemed very impressed with my brainiac partner."

"You think so? He seems nice and your ex-wife is gorgeous. Is there any chance you'll get back with her?"

"That's not going to happen," Jason stated. "She has no concept of loyalty. She's very attractive, but I don't want a wife for eye candy. I want one I can build a life and family with."

Candy stayed in the Keys for a week before heading back to Las Vegas. A few days after she left, Jason received a call from his mother. His father had suffered a heart attack. He was expected to recover, but she was extremely worried. Jason made arrangements to return home immediately.

Brandy and his mother greeted him warmly when he reached his parents' house. His father was scheduled to come home the next day and their relief was tangible. Jason decided he needed to spend more time with his family. His father's illness made him realize he needed to stay close to the people he loved while he still had them.

Dan had hired a college-age kid to help with his charters, so Jason was under no obligation to return to the Keys, although the possibility was not ruled out. He decided to test the job market in his home town. He still had enough money in the bank to live on for a few years, but he knew it would run out eventually if he didn't create an income stream.

After looking over the market, Jason applied at a tool and die company that was within reasonable driving distance. When the owners saw his resume, he was taken on immediately.

Six weeks after taking the job, Jason was in a local watering hole when Beth came in with a man about her age. Both were well dressed and it was obvious they were on a date. He watched as they were shown to a quiet table well away from the bar area. Seeing his chance, Jason dropped some cash on the bar and started for the door. Seeing Beth with another man in a romantic setting upset him more than he would have believed.

Beth saw Jason as soon as she walked in. She had only been seated a short time when she saw him stand and start for the exit.

"Jason! It's so nice to see you. Were you going to leave without saying hello to me?" Beth asked a bit too sweetly. "Allow me to introduce you to my date. Frank Larkin, meet Jason Gibson. Jason, this is Frank Larkin."

"Hi," was all Jason managed as he shook the man's hand. "It's nice to meet you. I don't want to appear rude, but I have an appointment."

"Isn't Candy with you tonight?" Beth asked. "I was hoping to get to know her better."

'No, she isn't with me," Jason replied, wondering why Beth would ask about Candy after meeting her only once for a few minutes.

"Too bad. She really is quite beautiful," Beth added. "Please tell her I was asking about her."

Beth thought she would enjoy Jason's discomfort at being introduced to her date. She wanted to drive home the fact that she had moved on from the divorce. Frank was a handsome, successful businessman who had been after her to have dinner with him for weeks. She had wanted to show Jason that he wasn't the only one who found a better replacement.

For some reason, seeing Jason's obvious discomfort gave her no pleasure. She realized she was acting like a vindictive bitch seeking some sort of pathetic revenge against a man who really hadn't done anything wrong.

Jason noticed Beth's expression change as she spoke and wondered about it. "Jason, I'd like to catch up with you sometime. Are you visiting for very long?"

"I'm working in the area and living with my folks at the moment. Dad had a heart attack. He's okay now, but I decided I needed to spend some quality time with my loved ones. It was nice seeing you again, Beth. Nice to meet you, Frank," Jason replied before turning to leave.

"Was that your ex?" Frank asked as Jason disappeared out the door.

On a Sunday morning, just over two weeks later, Jason was having a late breakfast with his family when the doorbell rang. Brandy had been standing near the refrigerator, so she volunteered to see who was at the door.

"What do you want?" Brandy's less than civil greeting caught the attention of her family. There was a low, unintelligible response before Brandy's next statement. "I don't think he wants to see you. He's finally getting over your betrayal. Why not let it go?"

Jason realized it had to be Beth. He jumped to his feet and went to the door. He looked over Brandy's shoulder to see Beth fighting back tears. He realized he had never mentioned to Brandy or his parents that he and Beth had managed to form a truce of sorts.

"Beth, it's nice t see you," Jason greeted. "It's okay, Brandy. We can be in the same room without coming to blows. Would you like to come in?"

"I don't think that would be a good idea," Beth responded. "Could you come out and talk with me for a few minutes?"

Jason stepped around his stunned sister and closed the door. He placed a hand on Beth's back and guided her down the sidewalk, waiting for her to speak.

"I was a bitch the night you saw me with my date. I was trying to make you feel bad that I have some kind of love life. It was mean and pretty pathetic when I think about it," Beth admitted. "I just wanted to apologize to you.

"Candy is so beautiful and smart. She was nice to me, but I still resented her because you like her. I don't have the right anymore. I know that. I'm trying to act like a rational adult, but it isn't always easy for me. Please don't feel you have to avoid me. I'll never try to embarrass or show you up again."

"I admit I was a bit uncomfortable seeing you with that Frank guy," Jason responded. "Loving someone isn't easy to stop cold turkey. It seems to take time, a lot of time. I hope we'll be able to be in the same place sometime soon and not be so uncomfortable about it. You're young and beautiful. I know men like what they see when they look at you. It's only natural for you to date. Maybe you'll be married with a few kids before long. I'll try my best to be happy for you, but I admit it isn't easy."

"You're always so kind to me, Jason. Thanks so much for being the gentleman you are. I'll let you go back to your family before they call the police on me for stalking or something. Thanks for listening to me and for being so forgiving."

*****

Jason enjoyed his work. He was encouraged to improve on the tools his company used, as well as the products they made. He helped his company build a reputation as an innovator and problem solver. Time moved on as it always does. It was shortly before Thanksgiving when Gavin called him.

"We have our patents! Lana's dad managed to hurry the process a little. He wants you out here in Vegas the first week in December. Wasn't it about two years ago when you came out to Vegas the first time? We met at the big machinery expo and the rest is history."

"Why does he want me out there if we have the patents? Is there more paperwork or something?"

"As a matter of fact, there is," replied Gavin with a hearty laugh. "We have to listen to some proposals and decide who gets to pay us a shit load of money for our hard work. Lana's dad has more than a few big companies interested and we'll need you to explain how the batteries can be fitted into various pieces of machinery for maximum efficiency and power."

Jason explained to his employer that he had business in Las Vegas and would be gone for an undetermined period of time. His boss complained, cajoled and threatened Jason until he finally realized Jason was going regardless of what he said or did. He ended it with the assurance Jason would always have a job available with his company.

Jason was taken by surprise when Candy picked him up at the airport and Dan was with her. "What the hell is going on?" he demanded. "Please don't tell me my two best friends are romantically involved. Isn't that a formula for disaster?"

"Only if Candy suddenly goes as dumb as my sister did," Dan replied as he gave Jason a bro hug. "Candy and I hit it off. The kid helping me after you left didn't pan out. I mentioned it to Candy one night when I was chatting with her on the phone. Next thing I know, she's my first mate and living with me. We're in love, in case you hadn't guessed it.

"What the hell is the big reveal you guys have planned? Candy told me to not ask her any questions, so I'm asking you."

"You'll find out soon enough. I looked over your boat pretty closely, and I think I could outfit it for one of our products. We need to include boat makers in our list of possible buyers."

The next few weeks were extremely busy as Jason spent long hours demonstrating how the batteries would work, how long they would last, how quickly and inexpensively they could be recharged and how much power they could produce. Candy and Gavin demonstrated how easily and inexpensively they could be manufactured, as well as how safe they were for the environment. Between them, all of the bases were pretty well covered.

When all was said and done, they were inundated with incredible offers to purchase their patents. Lana's father suggested he and his partners study the proposals and negotiate the best possible contract for them.

It was late February when the three partners met at Lana's father's office with several corporate bigwigs. Each company had a lawyer of its own at the meeting. Lana's father carefully explained the contracts his firm had negotiated to everyone in the room. Numerous companies were buying the right to use the patents, with the partners receiving both a lump sum payout from each company as well as residual payments based on the number of their batteries put into production.

Jason and his partners staggered out of the meetings three hours later. They were almost too stunned to speak. "I guess our good idea and hard work paid off," Candy understated. "Now we have to meet with all kinds of financial people to make sure we don't do something stupid. Being filthy rich isn't as easy as it looks."

In late March, Jason returned to his hometown. He hadn't yet decided how he was going to break the news to his parents, or even how he wanted to spend his money. He had financial people set up all kinds of financial instruments to protect his wealth and carefully invest it. He still had a lot of money left over for what his people termed 'discretionary spending.'

Jason did manage to splurge on a few things before returning home. He was only back a few days when Dan called him.

"Candy tells me you're a bigger genius than she and Gavin are. Your ideas on implementing the batteries really helped sell them. We're going to get a bigger boat and stop taking people out, except for friends and family.

"Speaking of family, I'm calling because Dad pretty much ran Henderson Manufacturing into the ground. Mom said he's going to have to declare bankruptcy and close the business. You know how my grandfather started that business and how much it means to the community. Beth and I each own 15% of the business, which isn't worth shit right now.

"Candy suggested that we buy it to keep it in the family. That gave me the idea of talking you into splitting the purchase with us. I know you have some good ideas for the business. If you're an owner, you'll make sure it is run right. How about it? Will you join Candy and me in this deal? You can probably buy Beth's share for chicken feed and we'll be equal partners."

"I like the idea, except the part of buying Beth out like that. If we get that business turned around, her share would be worth a lot of money," Jason reasoned. "There's no way I'll go along with doing that to her."

"That's exactly what Candy predicted you'd say," Dan responded cheerfully. "If you're willing, she'll fly up and meet with you and Dad and his financial people. I don't want him to know I'm involved. That way he can negotiate his best deal without undue influences from his family. We'll set up some fancy sounding company name as owners, but the name of the business will remain Henderson Manufacturing, okay? While you're buying the company, I'll be taking the old boat out for one a last hurrah before we get the new one."

"Beth, I want you to come to a meeting tomorrow," Jack Henderson told his daughter. "You and Dan each own 15% of the company. Your grandfather gave it to you years ago. As you know, the business isn't doing very well with foreign competition and new environmental laws. I have a possible buyer and I want you there to hear the offer and give your input. Dan said he's too busy playing boat captain to attend, but he trusts your opinion."

Beth was well aware of her father's financial problems. She knew it wasn't foreign competition or new laws that were the issue. He had refused to alter his business model in thirty years, and he was now the owner of an outdated, poorly-run manufacturing company.

Beth was seated in the boardroom when she saw Candy and Jason enter. She had trouble accepting what she saw. Was Candy wealthy enough to buy the company? What was the company even worth? She forced herself to stand and accept a hug from Candy and a handshake from Jason.

It suddenly came to her. This was going to be Jason's revenge on her father and her. They had disrespected him and now he was going to even the score through his lover's money. Beth set her jaw as she considered her options.

Candy wasted no time in explaining her position. While she knew Dan and Beth each owned a share of the company, she was not interested in buying them. She merely wanted the majority ownership of Beth's parents. Even her father gasped when Candy named the price she was willing to pay. It was at least triple what Beth had expected for the failing business. It would be enough for her parents to retire comfortably, while it would make her share, as well as Dan's, triple in value.

"That seems to be a fair offer," Jack Henderson began, knowing it was far more than the business was worth. "I think we can..."

"Just a minute, Dad," Beth interrupted. "This is a family business. Candy may have the money, but I want a guarantee the business will remain Henderson Manufacturing."

"We can do that," replied Candy before flashing a big smile.

Beth was somewhat surprised at how easily Candy conceded that point, so she thought of another. "I want some sort of promise that you will not be laying off or firing loyal, long-time employees."

"I have spoken to Jason about that very matter. I can assure you that all employees whose performance meets standards will be retained. I can also promise you that there are a few who will be terminated, but everyone will receive whatever compensation their employment contract specifies," Candy responded calmly.

"Now for the big problem," Beth stated defiantly, "The compensation is not adequate. My grandfather started this company from scratch and Dad ran it for almost thirty years. This is my parents' retirement. I want another 10 % added to the purchase price."

Candy wasn't able to suppress her bright smile as she looked at Beth's determined face. "Agreed."

"That's it? No discussion or negotiation? What's going on?" Beth demanded.

"We simply want to be fair and have an amicable transfer of ownership," Candy answered.

"That sounds very fair," Henderson interjected, obviously concerned his daughter would ruin what was a sweet deal for him. "Let's get this written up and signed."

Candy produced contracts from her case. She quickly made several changes before initialing and dating them. Beth was surprised when Candy passed the papers to Jason for his signature and initials. Was it possible they were already married and shared accounts?

Just as Jack Henderson's signature was verified by a notary, Jason looked at his phone and frowned. He turned his back to the room and spoke softly. He wasn't quiet enough because Candy swung around and placed her ear close to Jason's.

Beth's phone began vibrating. There was a call from June, who Beth knew wouldn't call during an important meeting unless something was very wrong.

"The Coast Guard just called! Dan was out in his boat when a nasty storm hit. He reported the problem to the Coast Guard. He told them he was taking on water. They're looking for his boat now. What can we do?"

"Just pray, Mom. I can't talk now. I think I'll get a ride to the Keys and see if I can help. I'll call you later."

"Folks, our business is done and we have to leave now. We each have a copy of the agreement, so we should be fine. Thanks so much," Candy declared to the room."

Jason was following Candy out the door when Beth grabbed his arm. "You're going to go look for Dan. I want you to take me with you."

Jason looked at closely and then simply nodded and began hurrying to catch Candy, who was on her phone. "Have it fueled and ready to leave immediately. We'll be at the airport in half an hour and you'd better be ready to leave."

Jason searched his phone's contacts before placing a call. "Martha, I'm sorry to do this, but I absolutely need you to be docked at the pier before dark. You heard about it? Then you understand our situation. We'll be taking off in less than an hour, so we should see you in three hours or so. Could you call the people who stock it and tell them what we need to be fully stocked? Thanks. See you as soon as we get there."

"What if we can't find him, or if he drowned?" Candy whimpered a few minutes later as Jason drove as fast as he dared to the airport. "Beth, you must be worried sick. I shouldn't have said that about Dan. He's smart and tough. Jason will find him. I know he will."

"I appreciate your concern for Dan. If anyone can survive a bad storm and a sinking boat, he can. If anyone can find him, Jason can. I know that. No one's as resourceful and stubborn as Jason," Beth said through her sobs.

As they hurried down the pier, Beth noticed that Jason and Candy were headed toward what she would consider a yacht. It was long and very luxurious. As they stepped on the deck, they were met by an attractive middle-aged blonde woman.

"I had the master-suite cleaned. It's ready for you to move right in. Kendra and I will share the green cabin, if that's okay."

"That's fine, Martha. Candy, would you be willing to share the master with Beth? I'd appreciate it," Jason said.

"Of course," Candy responded. "That would be great, as long as Beth is okay with it. I'd like to get to know her better. Dan always talks about her. Now that I think about it, you mention her now and then, too. I have some clothes in the red cabin. I'll move them to the master and share with Beth. I think we're about the same size."

Soon, the huge boat was underway. Beth was ushered to a stateroom which was every bit as nice as any hotel room she had ever used. As she looked at the accommodations, she couldn't help but wonder why Candy was so nice to her. She knew if the shoe was on the other foot, she would not be welcoming Jason's ex with open arms. Was Candy that secure in their relationship?

Jason had the boat underway and headed in the direction of Dan's last known location. As soon as he possibly could, he was in the cockpit checking the instruments he had personally installed. He felt a surge of relief when he saw he was receiving signals from the GPS transmitters he had placed on Dan's fishing boat and both its life rafts. He had made certain he installed the best water proof instruments money could buy.