All My Loving

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As he considered the situation, he wondered why the Coast Guard hadn't found Dan before this. Rather than stew over it, Jason placed a call to the Coast Guard and asked if Dan had been found and if not, were they tracking him. He was told that the unexpected and very violent storm had covered a wide area and created numerous rescue situations.

Jason explained how Dan's boat had trackers on the two life rafts, as well as in the cockpit. He would sail in the direction of the signal, but wanted to be updated if the Coast Guard found him.

Early the next morning, Jason was told that a Coast Guard plane had made eye contact with Dan's life raft, but did not have any vessels near it at that time. Jason assured them he was headed to the location and would report back as soon as they found him.

Jason then went to the master-suite to report his findings. Beth opened the door as soon as he knocked. She looked tired, but lovely. She motioned him to enter the room.

"The Coast Guard had a plane out this morning. They made eye contact with Dan in a life raft. He looked to be well. I have a tracker sending me his position, so we should catch up to him in a few hours."

Beth felt immense relief, but was surprised at how happy the news made Candy. She wrapped her arms around Jason and hugged him tightly as tears streamed down her smiling cheeks. The situation just seemed a bit odd to Beth. Jason soon excused himself to check on his other passengers.

"I feel so much better now," Candy declared. "Why don't we dress to impress the guys? I want Dan to be speechless when we pluck him out of the sea. I'll wear my orange bikini. I think my green one would go great with your hair and complexion. You should wear it. Later, we can draw straws, or flip a coin to see who gets this stateroom tonight."

Beth was confused, but reluctant to ask questions and sound as clueless as she felt. One thing she agreed with Candy on was how good the green bikini would look on her. She admitted to herself that she felt that she was in competition with Candy, even if Candy had already claimed the prize.

Jason actually stuttered when the two women appeared on deck wearing the small bikinis and big grins. "What's the matter? Haven't you ever seen two beautiful women in bikinis before?" Candy teased.

"Not at the same time," Jason replied as he openly looked the two women over from head to toe, spending some extra time in the areas in between.

Jason noticed Martha Houseman walking toward them. "I didn't get the chance to introduce you last night. Beth, this is Martha Houseman and her beautiful daughter, Kendra. Ladies, meet Beth."

Kendra was fifteen years old, but looked a couple years older. Beth saw how she looked at Jason and how she flinched when she heard Beth's name. "Are you Jason's ex-wife? You're divorced, aren't you?"

"Yes, Kendra, I'm the idiot who let Jason get away, leaving the field open for all kinds of beautiful women," Beth admitted. "I have to warn you, the competition is pretty tough. He's quite a catch."

"That's for sure!" Kendra blurted. "He's so strong and good looking. I..."

"I think that's enough, Kendra," Martha broke in. "As a 15 year old girl, Jason will have no interest. He's the kind of guy who obeys laws and avoids angry mothers."

"Martha Houseman? Are you related to the Housemans who own thousands of acres of woodlands and a huge logging company?" Beth asked. "I had a client who worked for them for many years before settling in our town."

"That would be me," Martha acknowledged.

"So this is your yacht? It's beautiful. Thanks so much for letting me sail with you and for helping find my brother. That's very kind of you."

Martha looked at Jason as she responded. "It isn't my yacht. It belongs to a very good friend who shall remain anonymous at this point, for some unknown reason. You're correct that it's an impressive vessel."

"I told Beth we'd flip a coin or draw straws to see who gets the master stateroom tonight," Candy joked as she watched Jason's discomfort. "How long will it be before we reach Dan? He might think we've given up on him."

Two hours later, Jason reported that they were able to see Dan's life raft bobbing on the ocean. Beth was surprised that it still took almost an hour to reach him.

Dan was grinning like a Chesire Cat when he was helped onto the deck. Candy was immediately in his arms, laughing and crying at the same time. Then she pulled Dan's face down and gave him a deep, lingering kiss. Beth was shocked at their display of obvious affection. They were both Jason's good friends, but they totally disregarded his feelings. Beth was anxious as she thought about Jason having to suffer through another betrayal. Her thoughts shifted gears when Dan pulled her tight and hugged her.

"What are you doing to Jason?" Beth asked softly in Dan's ear. "You and Candy are going to break his heart again."

Dan stepped back but kept his grip on Beth's arms and turned his head sideways as if studying her. "Do you think Jason and Candy are a couple, or at least were a couple?"

"Well, yes, I do. They've been together for over almost two years and it's shameful what you've done to Jason. He's been nothing but the best friend a man could ever hope to have and you steal Candy from him?"

"Wait! Did you just accuse Dan of 'stealing' me from Jason? What have you been telling Beth about us, Jason? Why does she think we were ever romantically involved?" Candy asked. "Were you giving her a line to make her jealous?"

"I don't know what Jason's been telling you, Beth, but we are not now, nor have ever been in any sort of romance, not even for one night. I'm in love with your brother. I thought Jason was fine with that."

"Now that I think about it, he never actually said you were together, but you're so beautiful and he was working with you on that project. I thought you two had hooked up."

"I thought the same thing, Sis, but both of them have assured me that wasn't the case. They didn't have those kinds of feelings about each other," Dan stated. "Candy thinks Jason is still head over heels in love with you, but you and I know that's just crazy."

"This is pretty embarrassing," Beth managed before breaking into tears and fleeing to the stern of the boat.

She was still sitting on a lounge chair an hour later when Candy approached her. "Do you mind if I sit down next to you. I hate to be pushy, but we still need to decide who gets the big stateroom tonight. Dan ate a big meal and now he's taking a nap in a hammock, but I know he's going to be looking for me when the suns starts going down."

"You can have it, okay? What in hell would I need it for?" Beth replied heatedly. "The last guy I dated asked me to marry him and I refused because I had never gotten over Jason. I realized I couldn't marry a man I didn't love, and the one man I did love couldn't stand to be anywhere near me. What does that leave me with, Candy? In a way it was better when I thought you and Jason were together. Then I knew I'd never have a chance and I might have been able to find someone else."

"Does that mean you'd take the stateroom if Jason were included in the deal?" Candy asked sympathetically.

"No, it doesn't," Beth immediately replied. "I promised myself the only man I'll ever go to bed with is one who I truly believe loves me, wants to marry me and have a family with me. I don't want to be friends with benefits, a booty call, or one night stand. That was me in a different life, but no more."

"I think I understand, but my question remains unanswered," Candy insisted. "Why don't you talk to Jason and let me know what you decide about sleeping arrangements?"

"I really don't think Jason will want to talk with me after this afternoon," Beth replied. "I just hope he doesn't toss me overboard like he did my father."

"Never happen, Beth," came a voice from behind her chair.

Beth swung around to find Jason standing very close to where she was seated. "Did you come to laugh at me? What do you want from me, Jason? Being around you is upsetting my whole system. I feel like I'm a captive or something. I really can't explain it."

"You don't have to. I know exactly how that feels," Jason said. "I've enjoyed having you around. I'd like to have you around a lot more."

"At least until I shoot myself in the foot? Then you'll toss me to the curb like a bag of trash. I can't go through that again."

"Are you telling me you'd pull another stunt like last time? You can't be trusted? I'm not enough for you?"

"I'm trying to tell you that you don't trust me and probably never will. If something happens where it looks like I screwed up, you'd take another runner and I'd be alone again. It hurts too much to even consider," Beth admitted.

"Would you be interested in making love with me if I promised it was a forever thing? Could I convince you that I'd always hear your side of things before making any decisions? Could I trust you to love me the way I expect a woman to love me, faithfully and forever?"

"Jason, that guy Frank who I introduced you to wanted to marry me. I moved in with him for a few weeks before I realized it was a mistake. I'm pretty much soiled goods now. There were the partners at the law firm and then Frank. I've been with all of them since I last slept with you. I'm just trying to be honest here and it hurts me to know it's my fault you can't love me. I also know if I ever lie to you, you'll never love me. It's quite a dilemma."

"In the interest of full disclosure, I've slept with more women than that since we divorced. It wasn't love making so much as an enjoyable biological interaction with another person."

"That's what you call it? You can't just tell me you fucked their brains out?" asked Beth with a grin. "You didn't address my other concern, which was when I sleep with a man again, he'll be the man who will father my children and marry their mother. He'll be able and willing to provide a stable home and a steady income. Can you promise that?"

"Actually, I can," Jason replied. "I'm hellish rich. I used that $25 k you send me after the divorce and built it into a hundred million, give or take a few bucks. I guess half of it should be yours."

Beth began laughing as she listened to Jason. "Then why did you have to borrow this yacht? You should have one of your own. Our kids would need some privacy, don't you think?"

"This is my yacht, Beth. Welcome aboard Fidelity. I guess half of it is yours since you sent me the money to get started."

"You're serious, aren't you?" asked Beth wide-eyed. "You named this boat Fidelity? Do you think since you're all muscled up, tanned, wear that sexy beard and have millions of dollars, I'm going to drop my little bikini bottoms and let you have your way with me? I promised myself that the next time I fell in love, I'd know better what to do. I'll sign any prenuptial agreement your shyster can dream up, but what is it that I need to hear from you for these panties to hit the deck?"

"Beth, I love you more than when we were married. I want you to marry me again, but with the understanding that we are always faithful and completely devoted to each other. Will you marry me?"

"Let's go tell that bitch that the big stateroom is reserved for the owner and his intended. She can bang my brother in the damned hammock for all I care. By the way, I want three kids, a dog and a yacht. I hope you're up for it."