All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 25'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
THANK YOU Bigtddybr

For the hours upon hours 😜 of entertainment.

TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyover 3 years ago
I'd like to say

Something, while the dice thing was abit iffy to me. It hasn't taken away from the story as a whole, so I decided to not care. You the author has made characters that are human, in lack of a better word. They make mistakes, as they did with the capture of henadii. The characters aren't infallible, had henadii died. Then I would have been a bit saddened, but oooh the revenge the others would have had on the perpetrators would have been so sweet.

I hope that there will be one chapter now where our heroes gets a break, with perhaps undertones of clearing up the slavery bit. Maybe another discovery of some kind and some progress of the aliens.. Happy new year bigtddybr

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Didn't bear repeating

While I am relieved that Henadi did not perish at the hands of Andjuran, I am not sure you needed to repeat the bits that appeared in part 25. You could have just picked up where Andjuran was trying to lift the head of Henadi Noor. It was a shocking cliff hanger and you are saluted for your ability to lead us on and wind up our emotions so well.

Looking forward to more of this and other stories in your pipeline.

Happy New Year

Share the Love

Devir Ginator

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusover 3 years ago

Great story. Well developed characters. As you say "Wake-up and smell the coffee." Your detractor's should remember that it is possible to trace even those who post anon. The loss of freedom on this site would be the death-nell of such a great resource.

Keep the faith and produce more of this great story. Utmost respect for you Sir.

gemman1gemman1over 3 years ago
I won't say I told you so....

I told you that Kim saved her, but it seems quite a few didn't believe me. And NO I had no prior knowledge of this, I don't even know Bigtddybr, and he doesn't know me. I know the style's of the writer and it wasn't his to kill off two principal characters in one chapter. I do expect more to die over time.. that is life and part of the store and Bigtddybr is a good storyteller. I can't wait for the rest of the story.

SN88SN88over 3 years ago
Hey there

Don't let the trolls get you down and don't let them dictate where you want your story to go. Sometimes favorite characters die. But if that is where your story takes us so be it. You have written a magnificent story and I hope that you will continue. And remember that this is your universe we are reading not ours. I'm just glad that you take the time to share it with us. Hope you have a good new year bigtddybr

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
writers choice

Unless your are reading a choose your own adventure story, the writer is the one who gets to determine the storyline. I agree with the above comment that while not ecstatic about the killing of a character, it is a literary choice that can set up a future retribution that is that much sweeter. Screw the trolls! Kill away!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

While I was disappointed when I read what I thought was Henadi Noor’s death scene, it’s your story. I am happy with the way you ended the story arc now, thanks for that. I agree that there are too many people who are so ridiculous with their opinions and hate from their keyboards. Those folks should seek help before they do something to hurt someone else or themselves. A big thanks for your story and creativity, you are one of the best on lit.

EsbanosEsbanosover 3 years ago
The problem with chapters

This version was much better!

I never bought the "henadi is dead" in the last version. The thing that I clearly disliked was the anal use of cliff hangers to cut in the middle of the story. Ivy veritas have done the same thing in his knight story.

My suggestion is to make chapters organic, and have decent endings of the story.

Imagine the star wars movie "the empire strikes back" ending with the scene "im your father".... what you did felt like that.

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for fixing the cliff hanger you left us with.

sirwoodcuttersirwoodcutterover 3 years ago

I check daily when awaiting your next chapter, great story, thank you. Sorry to hear you got trolled... it speaks a lot that readers can identify with a great character you developed such that belief in their death caused the reader to be upset, however there is no excuse for hateful behavior. I look forward to future chapters in 2021, thank you for your writing.

txtraveler1960txtraveler1960over 3 years ago
Closing Argument

Great bit of commentary in closing this chapter! 👍

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago
I am another who checks daily for updates!!!

Really great story gets even better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Still a great story

If, "Getting trolled", started with the chapter in question it was very likely folks who have been giving you fives all along who felt betrayed and did it out of anger.

Please consider one important thing, you need your readers, they don't need you.

Time to learn from it, suck it up, and move on. Further anger directed at readers only reflects poorly on you.

Thank you for this correction chapter, and I'll be looking for further chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Faith in the author

From the moment I read of the blood “from head to toe”, I knew Kim had come to the rescue. From a kneeling prostrated position, and a downward stroke, blood will not go UP that far: physics people! Thus the stroke had to be parallel or upwards in plane with A$$wipes body to get him that covered. This is a better “Ending” for 2020 than a cliff-hangar. The sound the Author did not describe that MAY have helped alleviate the Trolls fears was the clatter of the sword dropping to the ground. Great story! Please don't take to much time on others that this gets forgotten. Thank you for the story. Looking Forward to more of it...

RamazaRamazaover 3 years ago

We all must take responsibility for what and how we write, that includes the author of this story, I choose to see this chapter as a nice save, and the previous chapter would have benefited greatly if the where merged, and the author could have spared himself from a lot of agony and at the same time kept his readers happy, if he indeed intended for the chapters 24+25 to end this way?

bigtddybrbigtddybrover 3 years agoAuthor

As was stated at the beginning of this chapter, and being repeated now, this was never meant to be a stand alone chapter but became so because of the nasty comments I received via the internet direct from feedback. Mostly anonymously, and not very polite! This was supposed to be a far larger chapter, the remainder of which has now spun off to become chapter 26.

Many people here are telling me I must take responsibility for what I wrote, and thus for the commentary that I received. Really!?

Is it too much to ask for people to be polite? Is it too much to ask for people to think before they write whatever it is they are going to write? Is it too much to ask if people can be responsible for their actions and held responsible for them? Why is it only the author who must be held responsible? Why Is it that I suffer such abuse because others are unable, or unwilling to look at the facts written and decide there is more that is not being said?

There is no place for the kind of abuse, vitriol, and literal hatred that was fired at me because of what people perceived in chapter 24. It's a story! A fantasy! Something to read about in your spare time!

To those of you who DEMAND that I take responsibility, I say the same in return. I get that you can become attatched to a character...I have the same flaw. It is difficult, if not outright impossible for me to give up a character. I must, however, grow as an writter or my stories will eventually lose favour with you. That means, occasionally, I must retire a character. Sometimes in a manner the reader will not appreciate.

If a character has become so beloved of the readers that they will stoop to the kinds of texts I received, what does that say of me as a writer? You think I have no reason to be upset by what was sent to me because I deserved it? I will tell you now that if those people had posted on Lit what they had sent to me, even anonymously, Lit editors would have found them and punted their asses from the site!

Please understand, for the most part, I enjoy the feedback I receive, even the slightly negative ones. Readers have sent me ideas for the storyline that i have already incorporated into the series. There are also people who have mentioned errors that I now look for to prevent from confusing the Readers, such as the differece between feint and faint. All I ask is that you be as responsible in writting to feedback as you demand of me in writting the storyline.

'Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
YEA!!

Yea to bigtddybr for your comment at the end of this chapter. To this day it hard to understand why some people to not understand fiction or do not read the story as written. Thanks for the great story and looking forward to the rest

DucatastiDucatastiover 3 years ago

Great cliff hanger resolution, you had me all along and really happy you didn't GOT and came back with a welcome surprise. Excellent story that has me binge reading!

Ignore the trolls, it's your story and they don't get to decide the outcome, although it appears your writing has them well and truly vested in your characters, well done great writing

Stay safe and keep on writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thanks Bigtddybr

First off I want to thank you for a riveting story, though I was cliff hangered on chapter 24, I suspected what came to pass. A masterful part of story telling is leaving the reader in absolute need to see the rest of the story. You are one of a handful of amazing authors here, I rank you with Tefler and CH Darkstrider as my favorite authors (whom also have a Patreon following)

For the author abusing punks that are out there, give your head a shake and take a long look in the mirror. 1. You are entitled to nothing, Bigtddybr is creating this story of amazing quality of which you contribute absolutely NOTHING and thus have zero say in anything. 2. In a world of fiction it is the author's right to do as he/she wishes to THEIR story to and guess what it may not all be sunshine and rainbows you sanctimonious troglodytes. You want a say in how the story goes then fund Bigtddybr enough that he can write you a story all your own, elsewise there is a long walk off a short pier in your future. 4. All in all you should be thanking Bigtddybr for creating a story you are so passionate about, not chastising him for the direction he chooses, don't like it? I dare you to do better, if not STFU

MankeyMankeyabout 3 years ago
Congrats

A great, though short, resolution to a very long story arc.

I for one suspected the resolution of having Kim take the head of Najmaddin with her Katana. The way that the whole section of the beheading was expertly written to build tension in the cliffhanger, but there were a few clues in there.

Firstly, the fact that Andjuran was standing close to his henchman so, if Henadi's head had been taken, he would not have been so covered in blood 'from his chest to his feet. That could only have happened if he was standing so close to a decapitation.

Secondly, there had to be a reason for the two individuals in jump suits to have HALO'd in to the Temple. It seemed obvious that one would be Raymond Clark, and it was a calculated guess that the other would be Kim as she has a high skillset.

Third and finally, I have been binge reading this story for the last two and a half days, so have gotten used to bgtddybr's style of writing. Hey, what's a guy to do when he's at home on Furlough during a Lockdown.

One final point. I could not agree more with the personal statement made at the end of this chapter, both about internet trolls and the curbing of our freedom of speech on the internet. It is I think something that we all want to say at times, and you stated you position exceptionally well.

kidsaailorkidsaailorabout 2 years ago

I, for one, find it hard to believe that you would not expect your readers to be upset when, in fact, you were playing with their emotions. I believe that the reason people read a story is to be entertained and maybe learn something new from what they are reading. It is the authors responsibility to keep their readers happy and interested, not the other way around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Imagine what GRRM went through when he killed off Rob Stark in GoT.

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

I wouldn't have been upset if you had killed off Henadi, as well as Analisa, but to ass this off as a chapter, when the entire first half was a repaet of the previous chapter was lazy.

It was a cheap trick, and the work, up to this point didn't deserve it. Chapters 24 & 25 should be one chapter.

pk2curiouspk2curiousalmost 2 years ago

WW55 . Do you honestly think you have any say in how and what an extremely gifted artist does and handles his craft ? There is no one especially the author that could benefit from your input .

And for the other below you to suggest that the author is " playing with your emotions " . Wow .

That sounds like a very high compliment . He is very good .

pk2curiouspk2curiousalmost 2 years ago

I don't think they had a moments rest or hesitation in the preparation to rescue Henadi . But someone said they were twiddling their thumbs . When of course the only hold up would be the Union not issuing the critical warrants needed in a timely manner . Before invading a non Union Planet .

firehorseukfirehorseukabout 1 year ago

On hindsight.

I think you needed some support when all the negative messages came in. But it is a demonstration you have the ability to build up characters that people really care about :-) Tefler went through the same thing :-)

If this came out as a book, you would finish the story and readers could only comment after reading the whole book and not affect the book halfway through.

On hindsight, you could have taken excerpts of the new text and done it count down style from the two drop ins.

T-8 hours - the new story text

T-4 hours - the new story text

etc.

You would still need to explain the timeline from drop in to cutting the head off. Why did it take so long? Why couldn't they rescue Henadi before hand?

Also, as written, Kim could be in the shadows 20 feet away rather than next to Andjuran. It is still confusing as to her location.

Not sure about the rolling dice. If you roll the dice enough every character WILL die. If that is the case then all the initial major characters will die and some minor character will rise up through the ranks to become major characters. Except of course they can die too. Even GRRM had a direction for his story and I don't think characters died at random, at least I don't think so :-)

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I can only thank you for this story and I look forward to more of it.

TessalyTessaly14 days ago

Sorry you got trolled by readers, and welcome to the club.

I would've respected your decision even if you had killed off Noor. It would've been sad, but you have the right to shape your own narrative however you want.

The people telling you to "suck it up" clearly haven't experienced harassment for writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES