All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 27'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
DucatastiDucatastiabout 3 years ago

Another great chapter that stretched my imagination once again. Thanks for sharing your talented work it really is appreciated

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Fantastic

I always get excited to see a new chapter posted and this one did not disappoint. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Interesting direction

I loved the nod to Star Trek with reference to "The Prime Directive" being described as an entertainment series. I also loved that Raymond demanded a Science representative come for a spin around the various planets. I will also be keen to hear the progress made with the insectoid creature.

I am expecting at some point news of former Senator Andjuuran and the outcome of his trials, even as just a news report that some key characters are watching.

Well done on another outstanding episode, which had a few minor missing characters and wrong words, but in ten pages they are very minimal irks.

Share the Love

Devir Ginator

arrowglassarrowglassabout 3 years ago
A stellar story continues!!!!

You continue to amaze me with the path of this tale and the scope of it! Well done!!! One comment though...I found the long-winded empathy explanation difficult to read through and had to force myself not to jump ahead. Still...a top notch story that I check everyday for the next chapter!!!!!

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusabout 3 years ago

another outstanding episode again 5* Keep it coming

Crusader235Crusader235about 3 years ago
Always

Always exciting to see another chapter of `all that Glitters` appear, and on Valentine's day too! Once again I was absorbed into your world, and loving it. Five Stars! Thank you for it.

prsstaridprsstaridabout 3 years ago
Loved this chapter..

I think this was one of the best chapters yet and I think we are nearing the end but there are so many threads to still tie up. I am not sure how you every thought you could do it in 10 chapters or so.

I had completely forgotten about the insectoid's life pod they captured from the earlier chapters. There is the possibility of returning him home and that he attempted to communicate is different languages could possibly mean there are multiple species that are apart of their empire. I could see that as a completely different story arc.

Then there is the aggressive race of the Pod-Drran that needs to be dealt with. I have a feeling the Warrior Class will not give up their power easily. It will be interesting on how you plan to conclude that.

This you have the other faction of the same race of Pod-Drran. They branched a different direction and the two branches ignore each other. I am puzzled as to why the aggressive branch didn't attack the others and make them conform to their way of life. That seems counter to their normal reaction.

Then there are the slaver planets that need to get some justice. Perhaps if the aggressive Pod-Drran Warrior class does not give up control and things continue as the status quo, they can send all the slave owners to them to get a taste of what being a slave is like. After those planets are liberated.

The last thing that was puzzling to me was on page 8 where Mind-Hur is talking about Marat-Zami, The Great Destroyer. I don't recall any ships being discovered around the destroyed planet known as The Home World. Was it a rogue planet that collided with it? Did I miss something from a previous chapter that described this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Another amazing chapter!!!

I always eagerly await the next chapter of this fantastic story. This was one of the best so far. Can’t wait until the next chapter.

bigtddybrbigtddybrabout 3 years agoAuthor

To Prsstarid: Marat-Zami, the great destroyer is now known as the Piscium 8 gas giant. The planet spiraled inward from the outer solar system until it intersected with the orbital plane of the original Piscium society home world. It's inward spiral was deflected by the destruction of the planet and it wound up staying in its current orbit where it is now. Much of the surface area of the doomed planet was sucked into the gas giant. The people on the planet watched helpless as the gas giant came toward their planet. Knowing their planet was doomed, they held a lottery and got some of the people off their home world. They consisted of the two branches of their society, now referred to as the A and B Society. The ancient pact took the two societies to two different planets with the caveat that they not interfere with each other. That mandate is still in effect, as will be explained more fully in future chapters. Yes, I have already included changes occurring on the slaver planets in the next chapter, so kudos to you for spotting that. I will give an indication of what will happen to the Pod-Drran in ch 28 which should go to the editor shortly. Contact with the B Society will start in future chapters. It will not be an easy encounter but will be less problematical than the contact with the Pod-Drran. Contact with the Insectoids will start once we have a functioning language matrix which is currently ongoing. Wassim Andjuran will also be dealt with in ch 29. So some of the plot is coming full circle. Lots of interesting chapters ahead. I had intended to write only ten chapters, but this storyline was so well received that I readily expanded on that. The inclusion of the pirate attack in ch 7 and Andjuran in ch 8, was a means of providing a reason for adding more chapters. That kind of took the storyline in different directions, not that I am complaining. Hope that is helpful. More detailed information is available in the "Notes" chapter.

buddah222buddah222about 3 years ago

Once again awesome as always thanks for the story and keep going please

prsstaridprsstaridabout 3 years ago
Thanks for the response Bigtddybr

Thanks for clearing that up. I was not positive it was a cosmic calamity or some alien threat that destroyed their original planet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanks for a great story. Hope to see lots more soon.

pk2curiouspk2curiousalmost 2 years ago

WOW ! Terrific chapter .

firehorseukfirehorseukabout 1 year ago

"This will give us the opportunity to be on their ships, to watch, listen, and learn about our enemy."

Sorry - this message is being conveyed, unencrypted (doesn't say its encrypted) from the home world to Fleet Shem via the enemy message probe! You need to say it was encrypted in their top secret unbreakable code otherwise it really doesn't make sense to convey a message about an enemy that they can openly read!

firehorseukfirehorseukabout 1 year ago

R A I N B O W!!!

Needs more description - Surely not a rainbow appearing in the room.

So what exactly do you mean?

Are there rainbow lights sparkling in the room

A rainbow aura around her that other people can see

A rainbow 'feeling' around her

A rainbow wave travelling out from her people can see

Can you see the rainbow on the machines?

Can you see or feel the rainbow only if you are an empath?

Do non-empaths see or feel the rainbow?

What?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES