All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 39'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it

DucatastiDucatastiover 2 years ago

Brilliant writing once again. Your skill at developing this story and it universe is without exceptional, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well Ray had to die sometime. And Don't @ me people. Teddy has given us death of a main character before, the rescue of one too. We are due a main death.

laughdruidlaughdruidover 2 years ago

So the slavers are blowing up your ships and wiping out your crews while you are using stun guns and bean bags.

You left the computer intact that that was used to blow up slaves. 2 stars as this story was not good for my blood pressure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just outstanding!! So overwhelming with the battle and details. Please keep it coming!!!

Avalanche2015Avalanche2015over 2 years ago

Non-stop action from beginning to end, simple brilliant! Looking forward to your next submission as the plot thickens... Awsome!

iRaptoriRaptorover 2 years ago

Well Done sir,

Your writing does get better as you continue to progress the story. Looking forward to the next installment. I'm hopeful that you were able to take care of the family and other issues.

BTW does it normally take 7 days for Lit to approve a story/ chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great job! Edge of my seat action!

mithanialmithanialover 2 years ago

Why do I think Raymond is going to have a few surprises for his 'captors'? This is what he was trained for as an engineer after all. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry but NO. Yes, I understand that you wanted to create a more suspenseful atmosphere for the Adenomere raid but for you to do it using stupid tactics and/or decisions just makes for a bad story. This isn't the first time that you have used stupid/bad decisions to help create suspense but they were fairly minor in comparison to this.

If the amount of warships for the attack was the same as for the other raids, then that would have made more sense when they found that additional pirate fleet in orbit to create the suspense that you were looking for. But instead you increased the amount of warships and still they cannot out gun an inferior force? The reasoning that the Union ships are superior in close in fighting does not mean that should be the only way that they fight. With 254 warships the Union could not overwhelm 86 enemy ships with their missiles/torpedoes? For Raymond to state "... closer to the action, to see what is happening,", what are they fighting with WW1 tech? Yes, if you wanted to force Raymond to the surface and have him captured then you could have just used the activation of a couple of slave collars on his previous raid and then that would give him a somewhat valid reason being planet side as an infiltration expert. But there is still has the issue of Gillaya and Kimiko but you seem to have already forgotten them already.

So far you have created a good story but by utilizing the stupid/bad decisions/actions in order to move you story plot forward just speaks of bad writing. Granted, you are following in the foot steps of a lot of professional script writers and authors but that still doesn't make it good writing.

jwmcleanjwmcleanover 2 years ago

really great chapter thanks and keep writing....of course...

bigtddybrbigtddybrover 2 years agoAuthor

laughdruid, yes many Union vessels were damaged, however, the point of the raid was to rescue citizens and not prosecute a war. As such, casualties to the Alliance must be kept to a minimum, otherwise, what is the point of being a good guy? This is true even in real life. He loss of life on both sides was minimal, which is shown in the next chapter. Anonymous, Raymond has not died yet...don't placed him an early grave...

TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyover 2 years ago
Oh dear

Well as they say, plans seldom survive first contact with the enemy.

I had hope's that some marines would be able to filter out into the surrounding landscape, and not being captured.

bigtddybrbigtddybrover 2 years agoAuthor

Anonymus: yep, guilty as charged. Then, I could have made the story as technically true as you have indicated, however, it certainly would not have been as good a read. As to why the Union fleet at New Hadria had so many problems, remember the fleet was initially split between the two major orbital stations, meaning that when the Defence fleet concentrated on the Union command ship, they gave a better accounting of themselves. As to Adenomere, there was a pirate fleet, which gave no quarter, something that both fleets were familiar with from anti-pirate operations. The Union fleet had limited ships with technical superiority. Because of the older ships, the Union fleet could not jump back out. They had to fight on relatively equal terms in regards to technology if not in regards to numbers. That's where tactics come to the fore and the Defence and pirate fleets were not above shooting at civilian cargo ships, which the Union fleet had to protect or so the story line goes...

Crusader235Crusader235over 2 years ago

Excellent! Hand Salute.....too!

buddah222buddah222over 2 years ago

Hell yes love it , thanks again for all your imagination and effort

prsstaridprsstaridover 2 years ago

To Anonymus from 2 days ago. While it would feel rewarding to get revenge on the Alliance ships, ground forces and slave owners. You need to keep in mind that they didn't rescue all their citizens. Going all scorched earth would have made negotiations much more difficult to get all the citizens back. I guess they didn't consider the possibilities that there might be slaves/citizens on the pirate ships they were giving no quarter too like the pirate fleets that attacked Liramor-23. There is a possibility that the Alliance slave owner could kill all the remaining slaves out of revenge, or out of fear of more reprisals from the Terran Union. Doing an orbital bombardment of the slave owners estates would have cost slave lives as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How can I vote six stars?

nivvilnivvilover 2 years ago

What a cliff hanger!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for the update on chapter 40 in your bio, much appreciated.

TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To anonymous who wanted to vote 6 stars, you can go back a couple of days later and vote again. That's what I do with the writers I think deserve better ratings like: bigtddybr, CJMcCormick, Antiproton, Surefoot and writerannabelle.

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
You just keep "raising the bar!"

Multiple battles...ships...people...planets and still able to follow what was going on!!! WELL DONE!! I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter. You continue to entertain me with this terrific tall tale!!!

CowboyMark_75007CowboyMark_75007over 2 years ago

Did it occur to you that the slave collars could be tracked for count and location from orbit?

New Hydria orbital and defense fleets were a known threat, why jump with a less than adequate rescue force?

Very weak!

bigtddybrbigtddybrover 2 years agoAuthor

Cowboymark: the Aaliance masters have the ability to track their slaves when they leave their estates. They more or less plug them into a tracking system but one which must be set up for each slave as they leave the estates. The system is deliberately cumbersome as the masters do not trust each other. Without being able to identify each separate slave, the Union could not track them on mass, they need the slaves tracking number for that. The simplest thing to do was to go down, find the slaves, remove the collars and evacuate them. That leads to the opportunity of non-union slaves claiming Union status to escape, which happened. Whole the defence fleets were a known threat the pirate fleet was a bit of a surprise. The Union fleets numbers were setup for what they expected and, in the words of a famous playwrite "Nobody expects the Inquisition!"

TREK1TREK1over 2 years ago

bigtddybr

I'm glad to hear your wife/family is ok now and I believe most humans will except it. I'm just glad you can continue the story, you're one of a few writers on here who actually responds and keep us up to date with your progress.

Looking forward to read the next chapter and, don't put yourself under too much stress with BIG chapters, they're good at the length and speed they usually come up.

TK

unctadskunctadskover 2 years ago

When the next one is coming.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES