All That Glitters Ch. 40

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Chair, House Adenomere has two members of the former Yunki Clan, May and Mei, who happen to be part of my entourage. I would ask that if the Yunki Clan is reinstated, that these two members be given compensation, in that the assets of the Yunki Clan, illegally seized, be returned to them and that they be named members of the Landstradt and the Matriarchs of House Yunki," Aurelia said, pointing out the two maids as she signalled them to approach.

Korman had pulled some data from the computers, sending Aurelia information as to what had happened to the estates of House Yunki.

"Chair, I have the disposition of the parts of the Yunki estates in Adenomere possession, I would provide these as part of House Adenomere's restitution for House Yunki. These are companies and property given to House Adenomere at the dissolution of House Yunki.

"While the properties and companies went to House Adenomere, House Burling, and House Climb, most of the money from the dissolution of House Yunki went to the Landstradt. I would ask the Landstradt to open its files from that period and that compensation of the amount taken by the Landstradt, plus interest, be returned to the Yunki Clan."

Immediately a dozen members of the Landstradt, mostly those who would not likely lose anything, stood to second the motion, tying the hands of the Chair.

A motion was made to reinstate House Yunki as a Great House, while a second motion for reparation was made. Both were voted for almost unanimously, the only Houses contending the issue, those that had gained from the destruction of House Yunki, the exception being House Adenomere, now controlled by Aurelia, who was in the vanguard of those requiring compensation.

Francis Burling, Chair of the Landstradt, was sweating now. He knew that he and his brother had embezzled quite a considerable amount of the money taken from the Yunki Clan, before it reached the Landstradt. He could not allow the books to be opened from that period. He would have to find a way to stall that issue, and quickly.

Aurelia formally acknowledged her two maids as persons in their own right and had Mr. Korman remove their slave collars. The two weeping women fell into Aurelia's arms and thanked her profusely for her actions. She had May sit beside her and Mei sit behind, next to Cierra.

Marcin Petracian, of House Petracian from Gaetan's Planet, stood, the Chair acknowledged him.

"House Burling has been implicated in the destruction of House Yunki. While the Chair has not been named in the arrest warrants, there is a singular lack of confidence in the Chair by the Landstradt. I would ask for a division of the Landstradt in the removal of House Burling as Chair due to lack of confidence and the installation of a new Chair," Marcin intoned.

Burling Gavelled him down. "You are out of order, sir," Burling returned, harshly. "There is no precedent of non-confidence in the Chair."

Immediately, he was shouted down as dozens of people stood to second the motion. This set off a debate in the Landstradt until Aurelia stood. The Landstradt went silent.

"A motion has been put forward and seconded, on a vote of confidence in the Chair. A division will be made. We will vote verbally with an Aye or a Nay, what says the Landstradt?" she asked.

"Aye!" was shouted by almost the entire Landstradt. They had intended to remove Burling anyway but the motion had almost broken down in arguments over procedures until Aurelia had intervened.

"The Landstradt is unanimous in its intent," Aurelia stated. "House Burling is removed from the position of Chair." Her statement brought a resounding cheer from the Landstradt.

Aurelia calmly raised a hand and once more the Landstradt went silent.

"A new Chair must be named. I suggest that the position of Chair should not be held in the hands of a Great House. I nominate Master Ligne as potential Chair," Aurelia stated.

Ronald Ligne rose. "As I am the Patriarch of the House of Ligne, I decline the position of Chair of the Landstradt. In return, I recommend Master Martin Grovern, head of the Second House of Grovern as the new Chair," this was seconded immediately by no less than seven houses as all knew Martin by name and reputation. The vote was again nearly unanimous.

"Martin Grovern was brought to the front of the Landstradt, where Francis Burling was deposed as Chair and Martin installed. A cheer went up in the house.

"I shall go and clean out my office to give you a place to work," Francis Burling stated, turning to leave.

"STOP THAT MAN!!" Aurelia shouted. The former Chair was immediately seized by those who had brought the new Chair forward.

"Why so solicitous, Master Francis?" Aurelia demanded. "Most people are not so fast to leave their position. I suspect that you still have access to all of the computers in this building. I want you nowhere near where you can do damage to the information contained within them."

That caught the interest of Jorge Devine who asked to speak. "Chair, I have subpoenas for information regarding the computers of the Landstradt. I have a Judge's warrant to seize information on the computers of House Adenomere, House Burling, House Climb, and the Landstradt in reference to the events of the dissolution of the Yunki clan and its aftermath in the Landstradt.

"Francis Burling, you are hereby ordered to give up the security codes and passwords to the computers of the Landstradt, failure to do so will result in your being added to the list of conspirators in the deaths of the elders of the Yunki Clan. You are to be detained and not allowed access to any of the computers, if you do not comply, you will be handed over to Inquisitor Harold of Hollern Prison until such time as you provide the information that we seek," Devine informed Burling.

A look of sheer fear crossed Burling's face at the mention of Inquisitor Harold. He swiftly wrote down the codes and passwords, knowing it was the only way in which he would avoid the tender mercies of the Inquisitor.

"Jorge Devine, you are given access to the Landstradt computers solely for the information regarding the events of the Yunki Clan. This does not give you the right to go fishing for other information that may or may not be on those computers," the Chair intoned, getting a nod of agreement from Devine.

Burling was restrained in a chair beneath the sight of the new Chair, while Devine and his assistant went into the Chair's office to seek out the information they needed, a Landstradt assistant going with them to ensure that it was all that they took off the computers.

"We need to take a break," the Chair spoke. "Too much is happening at this moment. I recommend that we take a prolonged lunch break while a place is established for the Yunki Clan and Mr. Devine completes his search. We will convene again at 13:00." The new Chair banged the Gavel and the House broke apart with several people converging on the seats of House Adenomere...

Aurelia begged off their comments for the moment so that she could take the Yunki Twins shopping for more appropriate attire. That got a chuckle from the well-wishers as they opened a way for them to leave the Landstradt.

End of chapter forty.

Please rate and comment but remember to keep your comments respectful.

Cheers! See you all on Liramor-23!

Be well, Be kind to one another, Be safe.

bigtddybr

1...456789