All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 41'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
SN88SN88over 2 years ago

Another great chapter thank you

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 2 years ago

That went about as well as could be expected, I guess. Hopefully things continue to play out in a similar manner, and no one tries to do something stupid to the visitors. I'm kinda surprised at the exchange rate between Alliance and Union currencies. After the raid and all the press coverage, I was expecting the Alliance currency to be in the gutter, but I guess the markets have a better outlook on the Alliance than the citizens of the Union do. Looking forward to seeing the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

brilliant

Steve150177Steve150177over 2 years ago

I'm a little surprised.

I see a lot of elements in here that are like problems in America today.

That is sci-fi at its best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bah to short hehe *runs away to hide*

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusover 2 years ago

Yet again another great chapter, keep it comong.

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
Leave it to The Master to make what would normally be boring talk and actions REALLY ENTERTAINING!!!!!

Just love the way you weave all that is going on so smoothly and in directions I had not considered! My "addiction" to "All That Glitters" is being fed with your constantly well done "fixes"...LOL!

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
I keep trying to click on the 5, but it will not take it!!!

Anyone know how to overcome this?

Edhawk64Edhawk64over 2 years ago

Great read, thank you for sharing this brilliant an imaginative storey.

Well done Big Teddy Bear!

bigtddybrbigtddybrover 2 years agoAuthor

Jedi_Khan: the exchange rate will tank for the AP, however, at the moment, the markets are taking advantage of the fact that the Alliance is going to have to act to keep itself in the good graces of the Greater Community. Most of those in the know, know that the Alliance cannot afford to get left behind technologically speaking. They are betting that the more intelligent members of the Alliance will push the rest to gracefully accept defeat.

bigtddybrbigtddybrover 2 years agoAuthor

Jedi_Kgan: we all know, however that humans rarely accept defeat gracefully. Some elements of Alliance society will do something stupid, yet again. That will,of course, enliven the story, along with a few other odds and ends.

prsstaridprsstaridover 2 years ago

Overall I liked this chapter. I guess the embargo will begin when the Landstradt digs in their heals next chapter. There were a couple of cute scenes. Juneya's reaction to hiding Zarrenia while breast feeded was funny. If there was dung available to throw, it would have been flying for sure. Junelliya's grand entrance was probably just right and not to over the top. I was expecting Junelliya to have to use telekinesis on some fool or Kim to have to disarm someone (literally).

It was unexpected to find a young telepath among the Alliance. I'm curious about her future in the story will play out.

I'm wondering if Aurelia old servant that she helped escape is on the Trine?

Jedi does have a point, after the hit that the Alliance took in the raid, I would expect their economy to take some hits like the valuation of their currency to drop or their stock market to crash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked the chapter but only gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I think a story on Literotica needs to be erotic in some way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@bigtddybr, you mentioned in this chapter, that the interspecies would not allow membership to any race that allows slavery. However the Pod-Drran to my knowledge still allows Kirlen. or has that been stopped too? I don't recall that no longer being allowed in Pod-Drran society and all Kirlen being restored in the story. So why were they allowed to join then?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Considering that this is episode 41, I hope you have the wherewithal to add at least another nine episodes. I print this would be a might tome indeed.

Despite the quantity the story quality has maintained and I, for one, feel honoured to have been granted so free a read.

Like others, I think that someone in Alliance Society will do something stupid, only to realise too late the error of their ways. Looks like a number if trials in Alliance Society are now in the offing, but I suppose you will mainly focus on the captive Marine's. Will the Trine have adequate legal representatives available to present the case?

Share the Love

Devir Ginator

bigtddybrbigtddybrover 2 years agoAuthor

The Pod-Drran do not see the Kirlen as slaves. However, the practice provides servitude to the vanquished in exchange for their lives. Those who chose not to become Kirlen, die by there own hand, thus the Kirlen is a voluntary service. The Kirlen can earn their way out of service and into a new House (their original House having disowned them for choosing life). While the system was originally built to provide a limited time of service, with the reward of a new House at the end, it was often abused, thus the comment I made of 'slaves in all but name'. Because the Kirlen chose life, they were often looked down upon by the Warrior Class. As it is a voluntary service, the Greater Community does not see it as slavery, though they do not approve of it. The new policies being brought in, which brings the Warrior Class to its proper function of 'Sword and Shield' to the people and not the rulers of the people, means the practice of holding Kirlen will be changed if not completely eliminated. It will take time and will see the joining of the two halves of the people before It ends but it will change. The Greater Community is aware of the new policies, though i did not explain this fully, my bad. Keep reading there are surprises in store for all my readers.

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

Sorry to contradict your legions of fans but seriously how more annoying can one person make a story? This isn't a novel it's a miasma of vignettes I mean seriously who the hell can follow a story with 100 different narratives? Your so-called protagonist is seen in one cut back seen only to disappear for 20 more narratives? How the hell is anyone supposed to keep up with this main character and realistically give a fuck after introducing so many other characters and sub plots? As far as I'm concerned this is a 2/5 at best

prsstaridprsstaridover 2 years ago

I am wondering if there might be more security onboard The Trine? Sean, perhaps other security from the Wanderer? The Adenomere family and Aurelia in particular are making lots of enemies among the former Great Houses. By placing the prisoners' there, it could give the enemies some cover about attacking the prisoners while killing them only being a secondary goal, while the primary is to wipe out House Adenomere.

tomnorristomnorrisabout 1 year ago

It is a GREAT story, it would make a GREAT miny series like game of thrones.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES