All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 43'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
TexScotTexScotover 2 years ago

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyover 2 years ago
I have a feeling

That the troubles for Aurelia isn't over, as resistance to change has been so persistent. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to kill her again, or if there is another pirate fleet out there somewhere.

People that had power craves it again, infact I am quite sure that things will come to a head again.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 2 years ago

Well, true to form, those fools in the Alliance didn't really think things through, now did they? They didn't bother much with solidifying their support outside the Landstrat before making the play, not that it would have done them much good given the unexpectedly swift response. Even if they had done so, the outcome probably would have been the same, just delayed. Then again, given their lack of brain power, they probably would have done something stupid, resulting in an even worse outcome for them and the Alliance.

Looking forward to more. Going to be some interesting developments in the near future.

Ultimoter69Ultimoter69over 2 years ago

Another great chapter looking forward to the next and may many more follow thank you for sharing

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusover 2 years ago

You had to spoil a great chapter with graphic sex. This story doesn't need or warrant it.

prsstaridprsstaridover 2 years ago

I am really enjoying the current format of shorter but more frequent stories. It allows the story to be fresh in our memories.

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
Continue to love the way this story branches out!!!

Well done!!!

prsstaridprsstaridabout 2 years ago

I got to thinking about the Landstradt footage being broadcast on Terra, of the politics playing out of the last couple of chapters and being watched by Michael Adenomere. Seeing the all the adult male members of House Adenomere be arrested, his father and brother being out maneuvered and humiliated before the Alliance and the Union and possibly executed in the very near future. His personal humiliation of being beaten by Grace at school. Will this change his attitude and future direction? Somehow I doubt it. Just like his father, brother, uncles and cousins, he is used to getting what he wants without repercussions. House Adenomere is being run by a non family member and based on what she had done so far, he will likely never be in control unless through underhanded means. I am looking forward in seeing how Aurelia deals with him.

silmarillisilmarilliabout 2 years ago

still waiting for a reckoning of slave ownership. still seems very apologist at this point with people remaining slaves for the betterment of their owners. while forgiveness may be one thing, those abused and mistreated still require justice. in political terms, this is the equivalent of paying people to stop having slaves, as happened in the UK, but as we can see, there are still intense issues around inequality and structural bias in society. Yes, this is sci-fi, but a shame to see you going down the same route - just history repeating itself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brilliant as always, egaly waiting for more. Soon please.

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

If I correctly read between the lines, your insistance on using 'vice' is a matter of you being stubborn about making a point?

That's not a particularly mature approach, is it? The written word is communication, that is it's only purpose. If the written word does not successfully communicate, it is not the fault of the reader, but that of the writer.

To insist on using a word which is contrary to English norms is not clever or distinguishing, it's just insulting. You are writing for primarily an English speaking audience, (even if the Brits have their own ideas about proper English), you are not writing for a French-Canadian audience.

Your insistent use of 'vice' inappropriately is a failure to strive to communicate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I figured it out. This was the missing chapter I hadn't read.

Honestly, I didn't miss all that much; the whole patriot thing was incredibly rushed and heavy handed.

The reason it took me so long to realize comes down to my biggest criticism of your writing - you can be very, very repetitive. I don't know if it's intentional padding, or just your style, but...

The next chapter has entire paragraphs lifted almost word-for-word from this one, and it's not the only example of that. Worse yet is the penchant for award ceremonies... In which you list each person and each medal individually, using the *exact* same long-form phrasing each time.

We don't need to read, "I stand relieved," a dozen times - it makes the reader's eyes glaze over and hurts the story. It makes a scene that should be a handful of paragraphs take pages. Instead, you could just describe the ceremony, and then say "these people got this medal, although for this person X turned to Y to have them present it."

Just some food for thought. I know the real life ceremonies are very formal, rigid, and repetitive... But that doesn't make for a good story.

pk2curiouspk2curiousalmost 2 years ago

I for one apprerciate the attention to the detail of recognition for so many throughout the story . Each time it is not the same . Everyone advances or gets promoted . And assigned . Those moves have signifant value in parts of the story . It is all good and relative .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES