All That Glitters Ch. 54

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just then red lights flared and the voice of the Ex O came over the All-ships comms. "Red Alert, Sostoc to the bridge!"

Murld snapped his comp open. "What has happened?" Murld demanded.

"Sir, the fleet we left behind is being attacked by twenty ships of Belgedra's fleet!" the Ex O answered. "Most of the fleet has jumped with the remaining captured ships to the holding location, there are only twelve ships left in our former location. They are outnumbered and outclassed by the experienced fleet."

"Stand-by to jump, we will move to assist our people," Murld ordered.

"You cannot do this, Murld," another voice said. Halta Mutt Kern was the female from their recent course who placed second only to Murld. She would be the Sostoc of the Tarl Asoc, the Asoc's own ship.

However, she was placed on the Ensch in order to learn from the actions of Sostoc Murld while he underwent his training as Sostoc. Infuriated that she had come second to Murld, a male, she had turned to sniping at him day and night on the Ensch. She questioned his every action, placing doubt in the minds of the crew.

"We are but one ship. If we go back there, we will be included in whatever fate that our fleet will endure," Halta snapped.

"And your point is?" Murld snapped. "Halta, I have no time for your antics today. We are going into battle to help our fleet, to save it from destruction if we can. If you do not want to participate in this battle, you may leave the ship with the Asoc and her entourage. But, if you stay on this ship, you will do your very best to protect it and our fleet. If you do not, I will eat your heart, Halta. Do we have an understanding?" Murld snapped, finally at his end with her constant insubordination.

Halta was so surprised that she was actually at a loss for words. She looked at the Asoc but suddenly saw a face that was hard looking back at her. She realized that she may have gone too far.

"I wish to stay on this ship, Sostoc," she said.

"Good. Go to the Battle Bridge. You will fight the larger battle, I will fight this ship," Murld advised.

"However. LoSostoc Clark, Sostoc Halta is correct on one issue; one ship will not make much of a difference. If I could convince you to provide ships I can carry onboard?" Murld asked.

Raymond smiled. "I will make available to you two hunter/killer assault groups of two Whippet Class and four Valour Class each. You can carry them on board while in transit and release them when you get to the other side."

Murld nodded and turned to Halta. "Yours to direct when we arrive on the other side, Sostoc Halta.

"Asoc, it occurs to me that if Belgedra's fleet has sent twenty ships against our fleet, that they will only have seventeen ships available to defend AsocAR," Murld said, giving the Asoc a significant look.

Raymond's head snapped up at that comment. "Shit, he's right! We can get a jump on them! We can send in the fourteen more modern Jump-grid ships and have the other ships trail them.

"Like the Ensch, we can bring hunter/killer groups aboard the more capable ships for this attack, the lesser capable ships coming in behind us as they can," Raymond said. "That will give us four assault groups with the Wanderer and another twenty-six assault groups with the other thirteen ships."

"We need to take advantage of this, Asoc."

The Asoc smiled. "Raymond, is it correct that the Piscium is in system?" she asked. "Might we use that ship as a transport for hunter/killer groups?"

Raymond smiled. "Yes, and we can use the three up class Fleet Replenishment Vessels to do the same! That will give us an additional four assault groups on the Piscium and six assault groups on the other three ships.

"We can take the fight to the enemy and defeat them, Asoc!" Raymond nearly shouted.

"Sostoc Murld, get back to your fleet and take down the enemy there. We can not help you until we have defeated the enemy at AsocAR, however, I will give you the Piscium as a transport vessel. With her capability to carry four assault groups and your ability to carry two additional, that will give you six assault groups along with the Ensch. That should tip the balance to your favour. May the Gods bless you and your ship with their good fortune, Murld. Good hunting," The Asoc ended, turned and stormed down the ramp to the shuttle, her entourage and Raymond following.

Half an hour later, two ships were ready to jump.

"Control, this is the Ensch, Murld Mutt Mattas commanding. We are in transit for the last location of our fleet along with the SSP Piscium. May the Gods favour us with victory!" Murld called out.

"Control, roger. You are cleared for transit. Good hunting!"

The Ensch moved forward with the Piscium trailing behind her. Both vessels disappeared in a cloud of electronic particles as they jumped together less than ten minutes later.

"Control, this is the Wanderer, Capt. Hellen Degault commanding. We are in transit for AsocAR and the Grazia Fleet. As the Asocans say, May the Gods favour us with victory!"

"Control, roger. You and your fleet are cleared for transit, good hunting!"

Fourteen ships, laden with hunter/killer assault groups, slipped out of their parking orbits and moved away from Liramor-23, their bows pointed toward AsocAR. A few minutes later, they matched speeds and jumped within seconds of each other.

For better or worse, the assault on the Grazia Fleet had begun...

Warship The Dryas, Parking Orbit of ShemetAR, Eighty-Five Light Years from AsocAR

The Dryas had just received new orders. They called down to the Raddon's office and advised the Raddon what those orders included...

Office of the Raddon ShemetAR

Martte Shugrand was surprised by the email she had received. They instructed her to leave a competent person, who could run the Office of the Raddon, and to return with the fleet in orbit to AsocAR.

"What do you make of this, Gashafen Mutt Shemet?" she asked of her aide.

"I think that Unaayel is now ready to take over the title of Asoc, Martte Shugrand," Gashafen replied. Shugrand thought on this for several minutes.

"Do you wish to remain here and run the office?" she asked Gashafen.

Gashafen looked surprised. "I do not think I am capable of running this office on my own, Martte Shugrand," she replied.

"I think you can. However, I need someone competent with me as well. I will give you the choice, to follow me to AsocAR or to remain here as Raddon," Shugrand stated.

"I will follow you, Martte Shugrand. I believe in you. You will need someone at your side. If you will allow me to be that person, I will be content with that role," Gashafen answered, with a low bow.

"You are aware of the risks?" Shugrand demanded.

"If Unaayel decides that you are a risk, we will die together, Martte Shugrand," Gashafen stated firmly.

Shugrand made arrangements for someone to take over the office on a temporary basis. A few hours later, they boarded the Dryas and jumped to AsocAR.

End of chapter fifty-four.

Please rate and comment but remember to keep your comments respectful.

Cheers! See you all on Liramor-23!

Be well, Be kind to one another, Be safe.

bigtddybr

1...456789