All That Glitters Ch. 59

Story Info
New Planets. Return of the Resestess.
28.3k words
4.88
6.6k
20

Part 61 of the 66 part series

Updated 04/10/2024
Created 02/15/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,110 Followers

New planets. Return of the Resestess.

The Asoc shows the planets GiRomorAr to Prakeshya and ShshshushshshuuAR to the Sandekk. The original Resestess returns to the surprise of all.

© bigtddybr May 2023. This story 'All That Glitters - Chapter Fifty-Nine' or the series 'All That Glitters', cannot be transferred in whole or in part to any other site besides Literotica.com without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and bigtddybr must be credited for this work.

Due to the number of abbreviations, ship listings, and list of characters, in this story, I include a glossary that is now in a stand-alone chapter called 'All That Glitters: Notes v 13'. Any and all information that you want or need to know about the series is included in Notes. It will be updated frequently simply by re-issuing the chapter to Literotica as a new version.

There is little attempt to explain the back story, so it is necessary to read previous chapters to fully understand where we are.

As before, I claim sole responsibility for the story line. This story is a fantasy, with no basis in reality. Any similarity that you may perceive to current events, people, or situations real or imaginary is completely unintended. Look no further than the story line for its intent and purpose.

A big shout out to my editors, who wish to remain anonymous, for all the help they provide. If you find any errors still left in this chapter, they are mine, as I have ignored sage advise to make a silly point.

Please rate and comment. But keep your comments respectful. If you rant and rave or are disrespectful in your commentary, it will be deleted.

'Nuff said...enjoy.

The >Clot< (Imperial Palace), Asoc Shall (The Asoc's City), AsocAR, The Asocan Realm, 364 Light Years from Terra

Shugrand Mutt Herrtt, the Minster of the Interior for the Asocan Realm, entered the Asoc's office and bowed low to the boss. "Good morning, Asoc," she spoke.

"Good morning, Shugrand. You may begin your report," the Asoc ordered.

"The tea pot got better ratings than you did in your grand speech last night, Asoc," Shugrand smiled.

"Come again?" the Asoc gave Shugrand a stern look, getting laughter back from her.

"The reviews from your little speech were quite certain...the greater majority of viewers were more fascinated by your new tea pot then by your speech," Shugrand explained. "Points for your speech went down each time the colours on the tea pot changed. There is even a viral clip on the tea pot.

"What's more important was the rather large cup sitting next to it with the words 'The Asoc's Cup' (Shugrand was referring to a rather large joke cup that the Asost had given to his mate that was based on a comment made by the Piscium children when they presented her the tea pot).

"The viewers were disappointed that you used a somewhat smaller cup in its place, though they did wonder what flavour of tea you were using when you purred at its smell..."

The Asost couldn't take it anymore and burst out in laughter. The Asoc tried to look stern but soon joined her mate.

Shugrand was pleased. Belgedra would have take the head off any minister that brought such news to her. >Catal, on the other hand, was more than pleased to find the humour in the situation. Shugrand would be happy to serve a leader like that...

The >Clot< Shuttle Port, Asoc Shall, AsocAR, The Asocan Realm

It was early in the morning and the Leadership of the Interspecies Community was leaving, some a little worse for wear after all the toasting they did the evening before.

The Asoc was once again back in front of the Customs Compound saying goodbye to her counterparts in the other race's governments, most of whom were now becoming close friends to each other after four summits in less than two years.

Sylvie Triand was again the centre of everything as she coordinated the departure of the luminaries while Grace Holloway, Fiona Marsh's civilian Personal Aide, and Captain (Capt.) Émilia Pétillante, Fiona's aide-de-camp, were working to coordinate the ships in orbit that were transporting the Leadership to their respective home planets. It was a daunting task but Sylvie, Grace, and Capt. Pétillante were in their element and working hard to ensure all went well.

"Hi, Raymond. How are you this morning?" Sylvie asked as Vice Admiral Raymond Clark made his appearance in the lineup.

"Not too bad, Sylvie. I'm going up to The Wanderer a little early as we have some special guests we are transporting to see their new home worlds," Raymond indicated.

"Yes, I have them listed here; the Sandekk and the Oranae," Sylvie indicated. "I thought that Prakeshya would be going in the Kumar Resestess?"

"They will leave the planet on their own, but I am taking the Resestess onboard the Wanderer for the initial jump to the GiRomorAR," Raymond indicated.

"OK. The Resestess is still at the local Shuttle Port. I'll send you a signal when they are ready to launch, sir," Capt. Pétillante stated.

"Thanks, Émilia." Raymond next turned his attention to Grace Holloway. "Nice to see you working so hard, Grace. How are you liking working for the boss?"

"It is really exciting and challenging, Raymond. I never know what I will be doing next. It's not like any job I ever imagined," Grace told him.

"Do you know what shuttle you are using to go up, Vice Admiral?" Capt. Pétillante asked.

"Yes, Wanderer Cargo Shuttle Twelve. It will be returning to the planet in order to bring up two of the Sandekk Elders to the ship, so expect it back in roughly forty minutes," Raymond instructed.

"Got it. Coming back will not be an issue as most flights today are going up," Grace told him with a smile.

Raymond went through customs and found the cargo shuttle, stepping into the air conditioned interior. "Good day, Vice Admiral. Nice to see you today," said the co-pilot, Petty Officer One (PO1) Gregory Deerheart (Gregory Deerheart was a pseudonym given to one Mathew Brandt who had saved the slaves from the Astigalin. Raymond was hiding him in plain sight on the Wanderer as he would have otherwise been executed as a member of the Astigalin's crew).

"<Glun, I need to keep my competence up. Can I ask you to step into the cargo compartment so that I can sit in your seat?" Raymond ordered more than asked of <Glun, the Asocan Petty Officer and nominally in charge of the shuttle.

"Why not just sit the jump seat, sir, or do you think I do not know that PO1 Deerheart is actually PO1 Mathew Brandt of the Astigalin?" <Glun asked. He noted the very surprised looks on both of the others.

"What? Do humans never understand just how sensitive Asocan hearing is?" <Glun demanded, reminding the pair of the fact. "I have known for some time, Vice Admiral. You needn't worry about my informing others. Gregory saved a lot of females with his action, in my book, he is all right." <Glun stated (Asocan society was very much matriarchal in nature, the females being larger, meaner, and stronger than the males. That a male was instrumental in saving females was a significant feat by Asocan standards and looked favourably on by all Asocan males).

"OK, <Glun, I will sit the jump seat. However, you will not repeat anything you hear in our conversations," Raymond ordered.

"That is a given, sir," <Glun conceded. "I have already not repeated anything else I know about 'Petty Officer Deerheart'."

Raymond grunted without commenting. "So, how are things working out for you on the ship, Gregory?" Raymond asked.

"Not so bad, though I am still getting used to my new name," Deerheart answered.

"Yes, after hearing you old name all of your life, it will probably take some time before the new one will render an automatic response," Raymond teased.

"How are the ladies doing, sir?" Gregory asked.

"They miss you and keep demanding that I do something to bring you back. However, I have told them that you were sent into exile as part of those who were given clemency. At least they are happy that you are alive," Raymond explained.

"I am glad to hear that, sir."

"Any other issues?" Raymond wanted to know.

"Ya, I keep making little mistakes that the crew are beginning to pick up on. I have not trained in the Union Navy, so they are seeing little inconsistencies," Deerheart told him.

"Tell them that you just transferred from your home planet's navy, whatever home planet your backstory gives you. It is true enough, ironically. That should answer many questions," Raymond suggested.

"That will not be enough, sir," <Glun interjected. "Even I can see that he does not fit in."

"What do you suggest then, <Glun?"

"Put him in a place that he would normally be out of his depth in, sir. I would suggest that you put him on the bridge and certify him as a watch officer. There, any inconsistencies the crew sees will be easily explained as he would be in a new environment," <Glun said.

"That is actually an excellent idea, <Glun. I'll do just that. However, that will only do for the short term," Raymond mused.

"I understand that you have commissioned some new class of civilian ship, sir," <Glun stated.

"Yes, the Ur Class Large Cargo Ships," Raymond responded. "They were commissioned for the House of Ur Trading Company, thus the name."

<Glun gave him a pointed look.

"Ah, I see. That is actually an excellent idea, <Glun," Raymond said with a smile.

"OK, you two know what you are speaking about but I am out in left field here," Deerheart told the two grinning conspirators.

"The House of Ur Trading Company will be needing experienced watch officers. If you get your watch certificate, we can put you on an Ur Class as a Third Officer and get you out of the Union Navy before you do something that will make people even more suspicious of you," Raymond explained.

"It wouldn't be the first time that someone retired from the Navy once they got their Watch Certificate," <Glun told the pair. "I have seen it myself quite recently."

"So we have a plan?" Deerheart asked.

Raymond gave him a nod and began to read out the Checklist for launch to the two pilots. He did, after all, have to keep his competency up...

The Piscium Apartments, The >Clot<, Asoc Shall, AsocAR

The Piscium family had just returned from breakfast along with Councillors Petronellaya and Elliya, Dr. Maya, and Fleet Admiral Fiona Marsh, when Junelliya got a call from someone unexpected.

"Commodore Seraph! What an unexpected surprise," Junelliya exclaimed. (Commodore Dr. Angelica Seraph was the Surgeon General of Sector Fifteen out of Planet Varus.)

"I have an even bigger one for you, Junelliya. She was adamant that you should be the first to know," Seraph responded cryptically. She widened and reversed the view on her comp and Junelliya saw a woman sitting on a bench who looked vaguely familiar. What tripped her memory was seeing a little girl of perhaps six years of age jump up into her lap.

"Mary!! They found Paige!!" Junelliya shrieked. Mary Kodecko nodded her head, unable to say anything as tears were streaming down her cheeks. Paige gave her mother a fierce hug and looked cautiously at the woman in the comp view. She tentatively waved at the stranger.

"Hello, Paige. You do not know me but I am Junelliya Herlan. My friends and I helped your mother some time ago and probably helped you as well," Junelliya explained to the curious child.

Suddenly, both Ikekiya and Zarreniya were in Junelliya's lap.

"Hello. Me Ikekiya," Ikekiya said waving to the other girl.

"Me Zarreniya," Zarreniya put in her bid, also waiving to the new girl. "You pretty," she added, bringing a smile and a giggle from Paige.

"Junelliya, I have no words to tell you how grateful I am to you, Dr. Maya, Tougrate, and Malnad. They brought Paige to me last night and we have only slept a little since," Mary told her.

"What will you do now, Mary?" Junelliya asked.

"I am not sure. My father was a politician. He and my mother were killed in the attack on the ship in which I was captured. We were going to Malton University, the premier university for Political Sciences programs, so that I could start courses in Poli Sci. My father was so excited that at least one of his children was following in his footsteps. Then the attack came and I lost everything.

"My brother and sister have their own families now and their own businesses. I don't know what I will do for a living, though I suddenly have found myself with more funds than I expected." Mary was eluding to the reparation that all former slaves were receiving from the Alliance for their enforced slavery.

"Why don't you come to Liramor-23, Mayr?" Dr. Maya asked with a bright smile to Mary.

"OH! Hi, Dr. Maya. Are Tougrate and Malnad there as well?" Mary asked.

"Unfortunately, no. They are attending to the Erx Toolend, the supreme leader of the Toolend, as erht prepares to depart the mini summit here on AsocAR. I will inform them that Paige has been found. They will be pleased,," Maya apprised Mary.

"OK. I am sure that I will eventually get a call from them. I have been told that I can now purchase a comp unit as I have 'reached a level in my recovery where it is appropriate to broaden my social circles'" Mary laughed.

"Well, once you get your new comp Dr. Seraph can give you my comp code," Junelliya said, getting confirmation from the same.

They chatted amicably for awhile as the children got to know each other. Just before they were ready to close the link, Mary asked why Dr. Maya had suggested Liramor-23 to her.

"That's obvious. Liramor-23 has become the Interspecies Embassy and the contact point of all Greater Community politics. It is the ideal place for an ambitious Poli Sci student, especially when you consider that we have a campus of Malton University on the station," Maya explained. "I'm sure that Fleet Admiral Marsh would allow a rescued from OP Sandcastle a spot on the station," Maya said, looking pointedly at Fiona.

"I would get your name in now, Miss Kodecko," Fiona chimed in. "There will be a lot of new positions opening on the station in the next few months and by all means, use the OP Sandcastle dodge to get a posting here. You will be in good hands with people you know."

"OK, you have convinced me. Thank you so much my friends. I and Paige look forward to meeting you all in person soon," Mary said as Commodore Seraph signed off.

"Well, that was interesting," Hanalei stated.

************

The House of Piscium came to the Customs Office ready to leave. They now had four Asocans in their entourage.

"Good day, Asoc," Fayad and his family bowed low to the Asoc.

"Ah, Fayad, Gurn Piscium, Palda Junelliya, Palda Ikekiya, and Palda Sharreniya (Asocans had problems saying the letter Z so Zarreniya comes out as Sharreniya). I see you have your entourage with you," the Asoc quipped looking at the now much smaller group of hangers on. The three Caregivers that had been with the family from the start of their time on AsocAR were there, as was the new Shamotrat, Aul Mutt Dim who would be in charge of Asocan students and direct the Caregivers at the Liramor-23 daycare/school.

"We are bringing them to Liramor-23 with us, though we will be joining you in viewing both GiRomorAr and the planet that will be designated for the Sandekk," Fayad replied. "We are going to put The Trine on The Wanderer for the trip, so we will see you later today on the Wanderer."

The Asoc nodded and turned to the Caregivers and the new Shamotrat. "You four will be the Asocan heart of the new school on Liramor-23. What you do there will be important for the Realm and for the families posted to the station. I look forward to seeing what you can accomplish out there."

The four bowed to the Asoc and assured her they would do their best.

The family moved into customs. The Trine was soon lifting off, the children eagerly watching the process from the VIP Media Room. Capt. Marissa Bellany directed the launch of the ship acutely aware that she was being observed by Ikekiya and Zarreniya she wanted to get everything right as, for some reason, it made her much more nervous that they little ones were watching.

They were soon in orbit and approaching The Wanderer. "Wanderer, this is The Trine, Capt. Marissa Bellany commanding. We are three minutes out and requesting berthing, over," the Comms O requested.

"Trine, we are expecting you. You are directed to berth in VIP Shuttle Bay One, port side. Be aware that the Gara-Hinn shield is active. Maintain a slow speed on entering the bay, over."

"Trine, roger, VIP Bay One to Port, slow on entrance. Trine out."

"Oh," the two children said, then began to speak to each other about what they had just seen in Byandi, confusing the Caregivers.

"Be nice, children. The Caregivers are curious too," Hanalei rebuked the children.

"Sorry," Ikekiya said in Asocan with a bow and the hand movement that indicated a child had just made a mistake. That surprised the Shamotrat who wasn't aware of the children's capabilities.

The children promptly switched to Asocan to go over what they had just witnessed and heard. The Shamotrat had known the children spoke Asocan but to be able to translate the technical issues and discuss them together was a complete surprise for her, especially when she knew their relative ages made them just barely Ultar by her own people's standards.

"Your children are absolutely amazing, Gurn Piscium," she told Hanalei.

"They are that," Hanalei agreed. "I look forward to seeing what they will accomplish as they get older."

"You need not hold back for their education, Aul. They will probably be able to handle almost anything you can throw at them," Junelliya instructed Aul.

"OH, NO, MOMMA!" Zarreniya said, looking slightly frightened. "Asocans throw too hard!" Then she and her sister burst into laughter at Zarreniya's joke.

"I see what you mean, Palda Djunelliya," Aul returned with a smile.

"You say funny," Ikekiya remarked suddenly very attentive.

"I am from the Southern Continent. We speak Asocan a little different there," Aul told them. Immediately, the two children were at her feet looking up with bright eyes at the tall Asocan.

"You teach us how to speak different?" they asked simultaneously getting laughter from their parents.

"Never tell the children that you can speak a new language, Shamotrat. They will hound you until you tell them all the difference in your dialect.

The Trine was approaching the barrier to the shuttle bay and slowed considerably, the Pilot informing the captain of his actions as they slipped into the bay. The children felt the light shudder of the ship as it penetrated the Gara-Hinn shield. They clapped their tiny hands as they understood now what the shudder they had always felt before actually meant and said so openly in Asocan, again surprising the Caregivers.

"Your children's education is going to be a challenge for us, Gurn Piscium," Aul stated.

"Not to mention the instructions that you will have to provide to me, Shamotrat," Hanalei returned smiling.

The ship slid into the spot indicated by a crewman from the Wanderer. It landed gently and they crew began the shut down procedures, once again being watched remotely by the children. When everything had been shut down, the children turned to their mothers and gave them big hugs for letting them watch the procedures.

The family found Raymond on the Battle Bridge and as soon as they entered it, the children were at one of the multi-function stations.

"Uncle Raymond," the children said in unison from the station a few minutes later.

bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,110 Followers
123456...9