All That Glitters Ch. 59

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,104 Followers

"Oh my, that is incredible. They plan to buy a Fast Ship and are already working toward it?" Jane asked surprise on her face.

"Well, you were the one who told us about that," Junelliya laughed. "We had no idea that they children were even interested in a ship until then."

"Ikekiya has also confessed being frightened of her dreams. She says, 'she does not like what her dreams have become'," Jane informed them.

"I'm going to tell you something that I want you to keep in the strictest of confidences, Jane. If you say any of this to anyone, you will lose us as a customer to Nanny Comp and we will not provide good ratings for your services to others, are we clear?" Junelliya demanded suddenly and quite sternly.

"I understand, Junelliya. Nanny Comp has many secrets that it keeps," Jane assured them.

"The other races have people who deal with prophecy and clairvoyance. While, historically, there have been many humans that have given prophecy, they have never done so in an open manner, often being very confusing as to what they are speaking about. The other races do not do this, they explain prophecy or are much more open about prophecy.

"These prophets seem to indicate that our family, especially our children, and our immediate circle of friends, are very much involved in prophecy. This ability to see the future seems to have found its way into Ikekiya's dreams.

"So far, she has had five such dreams any one of which would frighten an adult. What they do to a little girl is terrifying. Ikekiya does not like her new dreams and I cannot blame her. We are waiting to see the results of one of these dreams a little more than a month away.

"Whatever you can do to help my daughter about the fear she is experiencing because of her dreams we would sincerely appreciate. However, Ikekiya's dreams are known to people at some very high levels, so discretion on your part is going to be a byword for your company. Fail to keep this confidential and you will lose your company as those senior level people will not be pleased," Junelliya cautioned.

"I understand. As I said before, Nanny Comp has serious secrets about elite of the Union that we keep," Jane replied.

"We will work hard to help your daughter, Hanalei, Junelliya. But have you considered bringing in a psychologist for her?" Jane asked.

The ladies smiled. "We have a very good one available to us," Hanalei explained. "But Ikekiya is reaching out to the Nanny Comp, Jane. Please, do not let us down."

Jane gave a solemn nod to the pair. She would keep their secrets. After all, she was enamored of the two tykes and would do anything to help them...

Palace Hospital, The Palace, Pod-Saar, Sharanas System, Twelve Light Years from the Piscium System

Melda-Hetta, the Pemipinae (Supreme Ruler) of the Maha-Rrin was once again secured to her bed as the itching had begun in her lower legs. To prevent her scratching at the annoying itch, her body was bound to the bed, including her good right arm and her still growing left.

Varnela-Henad, High Priest of the Maha-Oran came into her room and bowed. "Good morning Pemipinae. I have the answers to the questions you set to me," she stated.

"The festival of Midrranna on Rhum-Oran, ended not long after Poda-La's death. The star that bloomed once every year suddenly failed to bloom. It was not seen again from approximately two years after the Goddess was supposed to have passed.

"It was eventually established that there was a small nebula in space, a gas bubble roughly three light years from our original Home Star. The nebula was shifting in space and when it drifted into a certain place, it magnified the star behind it to make it seem to bloom for well over a week.

"The star was actually a week pulsar that brightened significantly during a specific period. That brightness was highlighted by the location of the nebula which acted as a lens for the people on Rhum-Oran. As far as our astrologers have been able to determine, the pulsar is still doing its thing but you would need to know where and when to look in order to see it.

"Once Midrranna lost its link to the pulsar, it began to move toward the months we now celebrate it," Varnela indicated.

"Thank you Varnela, that is significant. The Pod-Drran do not seem to know this. I will pass this on to those who asked me and we shall see what comes from it," the Pemipinae advised her High Priestess.

Once Varnela had left, Pemipinae asked her PA to deliver a message to the Kumaraie, it would be good to talk to her counterpart, they didn't see each other often enough as far as Melda was concerned.

L-1849 The Piscium Apartment, Lima Deck, Liramor-23, The Piscium System

"Does that mean anything, Ikekiya?" Raymond asked.

"Uh-huh. You say, 'bubble come back', and 'ship in line from star to star in front of bubble'," Ikekiya informed him.

"So, if we just drew a line between this system's star and the pulsar and checked on that line we should find the ship?" Hanalei asked.

"Not necessarily. The bubble would not only magnify the star behind it, it would also distort the image making it seem to be somewhere else in space. We shall have to wait for the new bloom to actually find the ship," Raymond stated.

"What if it doesn't bloom this year?" Violletiya asked.

"No, it come," Ikekiya said as firmly as possible.

"It is the third of November. The pulsar can normally be seen around the tenth of December. We have a little over a month to wait," Raymond told them.

End of chapter fifty-nine.

Please rate and comment but remember to keep your comments respectful.

Cheers! See you all on Liramor-23!

Be well, Be kind to one another, Be safe.

bigtddybr

bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,104 Followers
1...456789