All That Glitters Ch. 61

Story Info
Revelations, entertainment, and a disastrous dream.
34.6k words
4.93
6.4k
12

Part 63 of the 66 part series

Updated 04/10/2024
Created 02/15/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,103 Followers

All That Glitters - A Space Odyssey

Chapter Sixty-One:

Revelations, entertainment, and a disastrous dream.

Poda-La reveals more, Liramor Prime opens for Christmas, a dream comes true with disastrous consequences.

© LACLarke 2023. This series 'All That Glitters - A Space Odyssey', in whole or in part, cannot be transferred to any other site without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and LAClarke must be credited for this work.

I claim sole responsibility for the story line. This story is a fantasy, with no basis in reality. Any similarity that you may perceive to current events, people, or situations real or imaginary is completely unintended. Look no further than the story line for its intent and purpose.

Enough ranting...Enjoy.

The Wanderer, Interstellar Space, One-and-a-half Light Years from Liramor-23 Mining Station

After the stunning revelation of the return of Poda-La, the four that had boarded the ship answered some questions from both of the people's home worlds. They were many and varied but the obvious question was when could they see the body.

"Poda-La has an AI with an emitter that we have spoken with. It is more or less sophisticated recordings of her," Junelliya informed the listeners. "We are going to attempt to bring one of the emitters into this room so that people can interact with the AI. Do not expect too much from these recordings, even if they are sophisticated, they are limited.

"However, Poda-La has requested that her body be placed on the new planet of the combined people, Ji-Ruhm-Oran. We intend to comply with her wishes," Junelliya ended.

That revelation was greeted with much interest from the listeners, especially from the sister races.

"We will begin to work on this immediately so that you can actually see and hear Poda-La," the Kumaraie stated. "One thing that has become apparent is the condition of the ship is deteriorating. To preserve it, we cannot move it and shall not move it. Nor will we allow many people to enter the ship. Once we have established ourselves on Ji-Ruhm-Oran and the body of Poda-La is laying in state on the new planet, we shall make the interior of the ship available to those who wish to view it but the ship will remain in space and in vacuum to help preserve it. The ship may not last more than a few hundred cycles," the Kumaraie advised.

"Once we have established the emitter, we shall connect it to the Comms systems of both home worlds to make viewing the avatar of Poda-La possible. Until then, we ask for your patience," the Kumaraie finished.

Ikekiya returned to the ship with the Maha-Rrin technician, Sherm-Atem, and showed her where the small hatch on the hull was for the comms connection. Sherm studied the connection and concluded that it was the same as was currently being used by her people on their Man-Jays, the great battle ships of her people.

In the next room, Sherm carefully disassembled the emitter that Ikekiya had been carrying in her Pol-Mar. She determined that she could replicate the emitter fairly quickly as she didn't really want to use the original.

Within an hour, she had completed the task of recreating the emitter and had it installed in the room with cabling patched through the wall and to the ship. They were ready to connect to the AI.

The Kumaraie had those who had been mentioned by the AI's Avatar remain in the room while she temporarily dismissed the others. The only persons not from the original list were Raymond and Liea, who she asked to remain, along with their bodyguards, Kim and Gillaya, and a few Kumir-Rai/Ro. The Cats got upset when they were not mentioned by name and a laughing Kumaraie finally acknowledged them too.

Ikekiya and Prakeshya stood in front of the emitter. *Ship AI, I be Ikekiya Se-Lam Poda-Rai-Dosri Soona-Patek. Please connect,* Ikekiya spoke in the old language to the emitter.

*Connection established,* an obviously electronic voice replied and a very sharp image of Poda-La and her Chlaerge appeared in front of the emitter getting gasps of surprise from all who were watching.

Immediately, all the Kumir-Rai/Ro drew their Kaldar and dropped to their knees, heads bowed, along with the Maha-Rrin in the room. They were in awe of being in the presence of Poda-La.

The three Cats noted the image of the Chlaerge and came up in a dominance posture which the image ignored. The Cats didn't appreciate that.

"Calm down you three, it is an image. It is not real," Junelliya spoke, bringing piece back to the Cats.

Junelliya spoke. *Poda-La, the people in this room are family members of the Kumar-Pair, and of the Atohan. We also have the Pemipinae, the two respective High Priestesses of the sister races, the two owners of this vessel, and the security of those in this room.*

*I am Poda-La, or rather, a recording of Poda-La. I have messages for the Pemipinae and the High Priestesses,* the AI indicated while Prakeshya translated.

*This avatar is far more interactive then we shall let on to others. I have messages for the principle people in this room, including the Kumar-Pair and her brood, the Pemipinae, the Atohan and her brood, and the High Priestesses of both sister races. These messages will be imparted by me over the upcoming years until Prakeshya can assume her role as the new leader of the Oranae. Those people mentioned, have permission to speak to me at anytime.

*I also have messages for the owners of this vessel, the first being a grateful thank you for your efforts at rescuing this ship. The second; an apology that this ship is not in good shape and I would ask that it not be moved until it is placed in its final resting place above the Ji-Ruhm-Oran when Prakeshya becomes the new ruler of her people.

*The Atohan has assured me that you now enjoy instant communications between planets so the people will never be left out, this will allow this vessel to remain aboard your larger ship until it is placed in orbit of our new planet. That will mean that the presence of the Resestess will be an imposition to you.

*Abord my vessel, are jewels of substantial value. They will be provided to you as compensation for hosting the Resestess for the upcoming years,* the avatar ended.

"We will speak of compensation at a future date, Poda-La," Raymond replied. "For now, you can be assured of your safety on The Wanderer."

"Uncle Raymond," Zarreniya turned to look at him. "Can we make matrix of old and new Pod-Drran language? Then we no need people translators here."

"That is actually a good idea. It could take some time to implement though," Raymond replied.

"No, we know we need. We ask Miss Litton to help. She be working and make soon," Zarreniya informed him.

"So you two have already been working on it?" Liea asked, no surprise showing on her face.

"Yes. We no know we need so soon," Zarreniya answered getting grins from the adults.

*Your brood is quite remarkable, Atohan,* the Avatar mentioned on hearing the translation from Prakeshya.

*Both broods are exceptional, Poda-La,* Junelliya replied, smiling. *As Marti to two such incredible broods, we are extremely proud of them.*

The Avatar smiled and turned to the two High Priestesses. *Over the next few years, there will be attempts by members of both of the sister races to take control of this vessel. That is one reason it must remain on this ship. I foresaw that this ship has the power necessary to protect us and prevent us from being captured.

*However, those who would take this ship will approach the two of you for your consent to allow them to do so. Be careful how you answer their questions as they will latch onto any choice of words that affords them justification to act against the legal rulers.

*You will be sorely tempted by these factions but I urge you not to give into their entreaties. The future of the people rides on the narrowest of blades and a slip in any direction will result in the eventual death of all the people.

*The future of the people rests with Prakeshya. She must convince the people to end their isolation and join her on Ji-Ruhm-Oran. If Prakeshya, or Ji-Ruhm-Oran, are lost, so too will be the Oranae.

*Those Houses who refuse to end their isolations and who remain on their respective planets, will eventually perish.

*You, as the High Priestesses, must support the current rulers and work to bring the people together or the Oranae will die,* the Avatar admonished the two priestesses.

*To the Kumar-Pair and the Pemipinae, if all goes well, you will be the last of the rulers of the separate sister races. When you surrender your authority to Prakeshya, as she comes of age, you will make her the ruler of the combined people. At this time, she may make you regents over your current home worlds to hold for her, but their will no longer be Pod-Drran and Maha-Rrin, only Oranae. Those who refuse to end the isolation, will only know misery for their Houses for the remainder of their natural lives.

*To the brothers of Prakeshya, your sister will face much opposition. I charge you with protecting her and aiding her in her rise to the position she must attain for all to prosper.*

The two brothers bowed deeply and gave formal acceptance of their new role as their sister's protectors.

*Atohan, your brood will be instrumental in helping Prakeshya but I foresee great trials ahead for both of your broods. The future is always flexible and can never be truly determined with great accuracy. However, I will try to provide what support I can with prophecy of events to come.

*One admonition I will place on you, do not attempt to interpret the words of these prophecies, act instead on their face value. This will give all of you the greatest chance of success.

*You will be sorely tempted to modify prophecy but that is dangerous. Only those named in prophecy can change it. If others attempt to change a prophecy, they will bring disaster. Always remember this.

*I foresee other people who will reach out and help Prakeshya, both members of the Oranae and members of the Greater Community. They may have already done so...*

*They have, Poda-La,* Junelliya answered. *Though I am sure that others will also come forward as time moves on. There is a prophecy regarding my brood that once they set Prakeshya on her throne, they will become roving ambassadors to the Greater Community. They will help defuse tensions and keep the Greater Community together.*

*They will be even more important to the Oranae at that time then, for the Oranae may only truly prosper within the Greater Community,* the Avatar stated, nodding her head to the children.

*I know your sister, but I do not know you,* the Avatar spoke to Zarreniya.

*I be Palda Zarreniya Henadi Se-Lam Poda-Rai-Latti Piscium,* Zarreniya spoke with obvious pride in her name. *I be younger sister to Ikekiya.*

*Latti? Interesting that the younger has this name,* the Avatar mused.

*Once again I will state that those who I have spoken to are permitted to contact me at anytime and ask questions of me. If I can answer them, I shall, but some answers can not come before their time. Does anyone have any questions at this time for me?*

"I do," Raymond interrupted. "How much power does you ship require? How long can it function?"

*An excellent question. Now that we are no longer in space and cannot occasionally draw in hydrogen, this ship can function for perhaps eight cycles. I will need a low-level infusion of power to keep the ship at optimum operational values.*

"Is there an external hatch that will allow power to be transferred?" Raymond asked. "We can convert our power to the power standards of the Pod-Drran and Maha-Rrin. We will just need to determine how much power will be needed."

*If you present a technician to me, I can advise them of how much power will be necessary,* the avatar stated.

"Very well, since you are in no immediate need of power, we will wait until we have the new translation matrix up and running before we ask the technician to come in," Raymond responded.

*Are there other questions?* the avatar asked.

*No questions, Poda-La, however, we would like to present you live, so to speak, to the people. We would ask that you go into your 'prepared' response mode to deal with this,* the Kumaraie spoke.

They briefly shut down the avatar and then set themselves in a line, the Kumar-Pair, their brood, their High Priestess, and some of the witnesses on the right of the emitter, while the Pemipinae Melda-Hetta, her High Priestess Varnela-Henad, and her witnesses on the left with a clear space ready for Poda-La to appear before the people.

They called back the witnesses and had Cynthia Stewart open a link to the ICS as her professional media systems were far better suited to this particular event. Her connections would mean that this event would reach more than just the Pod-Drran and the Maha-Rrin. This was a Greater Community wide event...

Once Cynthia connected to the ICS, the Kumaraie pointed to the two children who were standing in front. They turned to face her. Ikekiya and Prakeshya bowed in the direction of the emitter. Ikekiya raised and hand and called out: *Ship AI, I be Ikekiya Se-Lam Poda-Rai-Dosri Soona-Patek. Please connect.*

A moment later, the emitter opened and showed the form of Poda-La with the Chlaerge on her shoulder. Those in the audience who had not seen this previously, all knelt and bowed to the image.

*Poda-La,* Prakeshya began, as Junelliya translated her words into Pod-Drran. *We present you to our combined people.* She turned and faced the audience. "My people, our greatest historical figure has once again returned to us. Rejoice and greet her with me."

*Hello, Prakeshya,* the Avatar acknowledged her. *And greetings to all of the Oranae regardless of their factions. We are pleased to be back among you.*

The people saw the avatar begin to glow and the eyes of her Chlaerge turned dark red as they seemed to peer out into the very soul of the watchers. Along with the avatar, Junelliya, Ikekiya, Zarreniya, Prakeshya, Nalyea-Jarl, Sunyea-Jarl, and the Cats all began to glow as well, the Cats raising up in dominance postures on the heads of their respective Pod Mates. Junelliya took in their combined powers and sent out peace and well-being to the watchers, leaving the impression that it was coming from Poda-La.

Junelliya wasn't sure how it worked, but she pushed her power through the ICS connection to all the viewers around the Greater Community, who were momentarily stunned that this 'Poda-La', a supposed avatar, could do such!

*I would connect to the home worlds of the Maha-Rrin, and Pod-Saar, please,* the avatar requested. In a moment, several senior officials of the Maha-Rrin bowed to 'Mada-La-Ail', the name by which the Maha-Rrin knew the Goddess and Poda-La.

*I was saddened to be informed of the great destruction, loss of life, and injury that has recently occurred on Maha-Oran. The Maha-Rrin faction is fighting two great battles; that of their planet, and that of the biological effects that your isolation has imposed on you.

*Both of these battles can be resolved by the coming together of the people and the end of the isolation of the sister races. The new DNA you need can be found for you in the Pod-Drran, and the same is true in reverse for those on Pod-Saar.

*The future of the people can only be assured by the coming together of the two factions on our new home world. If the factions do not end their isolation, they will wither and die alone on their respective planets.

*This was among the very first of my prophesies and one that disturbed me throughout my life. I implore you to end your isolation. The time is now to come together on Ji-Ruhm-Oran and live,* the avatar gave a formal bow and rose. It suddenly seemed to freeze in place.

"Are there any questions from our peoples?" the Pemipinae asked.

Many questions were asked, including which was the true name of the Goddess, Poda-La or Mada-La-Ail?

*Both are my true names,* the avatar returned. *Poda-La is the name given to me at my birth while Mada-La-Ail is the name for which I became known among the people. The title Mada-La-Ail means 'the guide to the people'. I gained this name when it was discovered that I was a Seer.*

After many more questions from both sister races, the Kumaraie called a halt to the event. "While I would like nothing more than to continue this question-and-answer period with the avatar of our Goddess, it is becoming apparent to me that our brood are becoming tired. We ask your indulgence.

"We are working on a language matrix to translate from the old language into the modern versions of Pod-Drran and Maha-Lei. Once this has been established, we will make available the AI Avatar to those who would submit questions to it."

The Kumaraie and those with her, all bowed low to the avatar. *Thank you Poda-La for greeting the people.*

*It has been my pleasure to greet the people of this age,* the image said and with that the avatar faded away...

VIP Conference Room, The Wanderer, Interstellar Space, One-and-a-half Light Years from Liramor-23

The brood and the Piscium children had been settled together to rest in one of the empty VIP state-rooms while the adults all huddled together in the VIP Conference Room. They were connecting, one-by-one, with the various rulers of the Greater Community, who were excitedly asking about the event. The last of the leaders they spoke to was with President of the Union, Wiford J. Holloway, with his wife and First Lady, Angelique Aubuchon.

"It was quite the surprise to see you capture that ship, Raymond, and even more so to be confronted by the avatar of Poda-La herself. I cannot imagine the surprise that Ne-Maj and Prakeshya felt being confronted by that AI!" The President stated.

"Surprise was the least of our emotions, Wilford," the Kumaraie responded. "I am happy to say that joy was the one we were left with, all thanks to two amazing little children, Ikekiya and Prakeshya. Their bravery in exploring and opening that ship was the key to successfully making use of that Avatar.

"Incidentally, the avatar has hinted that there are prophecies in its memory that include significant events for the Greater Community as a whole. Those prophecies will be made to Ikekiya and Zarreniya, while the prophecies of our people will be made to myself, my mate, the Pemipinae, Prakeshya, or one of the High Priestesses of the sister races," the Kumaraie explained.

"Mr. President, Raymond and I have been offered a 'considerable amount of funds' in the form of jewels by the avatar," Lie explained. "We intend to accept those funds; however, we also intend to make those funds available to the Piscium children whom prophecy has indicated will work to keep the Greater Community together once they set Prakeshya on her throne.

"We are not sure how much those funds will provide, but Raymond and I intend to bankroll and support the children during their activities," Liea finished.

"By the time that the children take on this role, I will be the outgoing President of the Union, so I cannot offer official assistance. However, I will set something up and inform the follow-on President, whomever he or she will be, that it exists for this purpose. That is the best I can do," the President told them.

"What of the purported threats to the Resestess? How soon do you see that coming?" the President inquired.

"Next year, in the spring of 2488, Pallanders-Six comes into the Piscium System. We shall then begin to build our navy and two orbiting stations to be moved to Pod-Saar. One of the stations will be a shipbuilding station. Estimates state that the two stations will be finished in four to six years after the arrival of Pallanders-Six. At that point, the Pod-Drran will begin building commercial FTL ships. We may buy some commercial ships prior to that but those will be controlled by OUR government.

bigtddybr
bigtddybr
1,103 Followers