All That Glitters - Notes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sheen An order given to a group of Pod-Drran warriors to draw Kaldars in preparation for a formal salute.

Sheelta An ambush predator that attacks from hiding in the weeds or corral on the Byandi sea floor. To 'Fight like a Sheelta' is indicative of one who attacks without warning usually from behind. First seen in chapter sixty-two.

Shel-Tre Jurte-Rai A Jurte-Rai to Jurte Sha-Ret's on the Koh-Tan Se-Lam ot Shem. A member of Sha-Ret's pretorian guard. First seen in chapter thirty-five.

Shelling, Heather Miner and Team Leader, is injured by pirates in Ch. 17 and tells Dr. Heyya to go with the pirates so that the doctor will not be shot. Heyya saves her life. First seen in chapter seventeen.

Shem Pod-Drran word that is alternately used to mean 'follower' or 'the way' as in the proper way to live and follow the rules of their society. Also used for the name of the Imperial Fleet (ot Shem) indicating servitude to the Kumar-Pair to all who are part of the fleet.

Shem (Mutt), Bammes Bammes Mutt Shem is the Second Assistant to the Minister of Finances for AsocAR. First seen in chapter fifty-five.

Shemet (Mutt), Imbuff A member of Mutt Shemet from ShemetAr, she is a confidant of Martte Unaayel, a rival for Asoc >Catal Mutt Herrtt. She is designated as Martte Unaayel's Hand (representative) to the Grazia Mercenary Fleet. Her Mutt Shemet is not the original line of Mutt Shemet that settled the planet, which died off because of infighting resulting from greed for the planet's resources. Unaayel brings Imbuff's Mutt Line into her faction by promising to allow them to take possession of the planet. Imbuff becomes the go-between between her High Gurn and Martte Unaayel. First seen I chapter forty-eight.

Shemet (Mutt), Gashafen Gashafen Mutt Shemet is the aide of Raddon Shugrand Mutt Herrtt of ShemetAr. She was previously the aide to her Shugrand's mother, Martte Unaayel. She was left in place to act as the aide to Shugrand, and to report to Unaayel on Shugrand's actions. She pledges her loyalty to Shugrand when Unaayel destroys Semt Shall. First seen in chapter fifty-one.

Shemet (Mutt) Woaden, High Gurn High Gurn Woaden Mutt Shemet, is the Gurn of a line of Mutt Shemet on ShemetAR but other than that which opened ShemetAR. This line has always demanded to be allowed to take responsibility for the planet, which would have given them access to the formidable riches that the planet offered. However, the sitting Asocs have always refused to allow this to happen on ShemetAR and on three other planets where the original line of the Mutt had died out. Woaden cuts a deal to back Martte Unaayel in her attempt to take the title of Asoc from Asoc >Catal for being allowed to take control of the planet's resources. First seen in chapter fifty-two.

Sherm-Atem A scientist from the Maha-Rrin that won the short straw and was initially scheduled to enter the original Resestess before Tempa-Harn Kai-Rai is injured by an electrical discharge from the ship. First seen in chapter sixty.

Shiishtakeen An Umick greeting between friends that roughly translates as 'hello friend'. Frist seen in chapter sixty.

Shitload (Of torpedoes), exactly 62 torpedoes/missiles/probes. An inside joke between Commodore Liana Dostier and Captain Beverly Davis. First seen in chapter thirty-three.

Shoma-Tern, Ambs. The Maha-Rrin Ambassador to Interspecies Embassy. She becomes interested in Lent-Ur. First seen in chapter forty-seven.

Shorta A small lizard in the same family of lizards as the Gantor. The expression 'making a Gantor out of a Shorta' has the same implications to the Pod-Drran as 'making a mountain out of a mole hill' does to humans. First seen in chapter thirty-five.

Shumett (Mutt), Teega, Gurn High Gurn of Mutt Shumett, she is the person who gives permission for Verned Mutt Shumett to mate with Drane Mutt Hoylle at Denders Resort. First seen in chapter fifty.

Shumett (Mutt), Verned A male Asocan who is currying the favour of a female, Drane Mutt Holle, that he wishes to be his mate. She sends him to ask Hanalei and Junelliya is they are the famous chefs that she had seen on the AsocAr Entertainment Net. The Asoc is nearby and angry at Drane for her treatment of Verned. Drane relents and decides he is worthy of being her mate. First seen in chapter forty-eight.

Shurl antel Roughly translates as 'thank-you', however, that is only an approximation. The Asoc said this to Ikekia and Zarrenia in chapter forty-four.

Shusshhttookkann The name of the last publicly known elder Sandekk (there are four other more elder Sandekk, however, they have retired from public life). She is almost 2,000 cycles of age and had been alive before the advent of the Djinaëte. Since the arrival of the of Djinaëte, the Asocans have been relying more on technology and have not used the Sandekk as much for beasts of burden.

Shylmiya, Cnslr., MCE A Councillor of the Council of Empaths and a Master Class Empath (one of only five), a woman of immense empathic power, one of the strongest empaths on Hollander's World. She developed her powers early at age five, one of the few who have done so as most empaths develop their powers in puberty. First seen in chapter twenty-eight.

Shultz, Claus Businessman and general scoundrel who has his ear in everything of interest, selling information to all who want to buy it. He is well connected to criminals and the underworld. He was a secret Confederation sympathizer to the Confederation of Planets during the war and was discovered by Interplanetary News as such. They have since blackmailed him for information when needed, information that he always has at hand. Minor character who provides information to other characters thus keeping the storyline moving. Home World: Terra. First seen in chapter thirteen.

Silliya, B.N. B.N. (Bachelor of Nursing) - Nurse at the Liramor-23 hospital. Studying to become a medical doctor. A member of Junelliea's Training Fellowship. Originally from Hollander's World, she is an empath. First seen in chapter twenty-seven.

Silverstri, Marilyn, PO1 L-331644-281 Petty Officer First Class Marilyn Silverstri was a member of The Wanderer's crew but was disciplined for falsifying orders to separate the men from the women in the EVA chambers, breaking up working crews. She did this because her religious background made her shy of her body. She was reduced in rank and removed from the ship after disciplinary hearings were held. Originally from Giordano's Planet. First seen in chapter twenty.

Sim (Mutt), Corva, Mutt Gurn Mutt Gurn Corva Mutt Sim, is the senior Gurn of Mutt Sim and the leader of Sim Shall. She is challenged and defeated by Gurn Hallan Mutt Hude in Hallan's ill fated attempt to steal Sim Shall from Mutt Sim. First seen in chapter fifty-five.

Sim (Mutt), Dorrest A Second Assistant and a member of the >Clot< who is responsible for helping in the governing of AsocAr and the Asocan realm. She normally reports to the Minister of the Interior or her assistant. She works with Shugrand to help shore up the realm in the wake of Unaayel's disastrous ineptitude at governing. First seen in chapter fifty-five.

Sim (Mutt), >Kestin, Beerlendl AsocAR Beerlendl >Kestin Mutt Sim, is a member of the Beerlen AsocAr, the senior legislative branch of the Asocan realm. A male of Mutt Sim, he is first Seen in chapter fifty-one.

Sim (Mutt), Moggin, PO1 Communications specialist training with the Asocan fleet under human trainers. He finds and interprets a number of communications between the supporters of Unaayel on KashtinAR. First seen in chapter fifty-two.

Sim (Mutt), Winta Winta Mutt Sim is the aide to High Gurn Corva Mutt Sim. She is made The Hand to Corva during the High Challenge that High Gurn Hallan Mutt Hude conducts against the much older Corva. Winta enacts justice against Hallan and her cronies when Hallan kills Corva. First seen in chapter fifty-five.

Simmi (Mutt), Agren, Cnslr Agren Mutt Simmi is the Asocan Counselor at the Johal Consulate near Denders Resort. A large female almost as tall as the Asoc. First seen in chapter fifty-three.

Simit (Mutt), Kallic, Grimn An Asocan Grimn (equivalent to a Union Navy Lieutenant) training on PV Olivia Brault. First seen in chapter fifty-three.

Simit (Mutt), Wedam An Asocan Science Officer training for the Asocan Navy. She is attached to PV Olivia Brault during the crisis caused by Unaayel. First seen in chapter fifty-three.

Sin Pod-Drran term for a medical doctor, written within the name of a person and their class i.e. Sha-Het Sin-Dan, meaning Sha of the house of Het is a doctor and male member of the Medical Class.

Sin (Mutt), Mattan A friend and fellow student of Guro< Mutt Korld at the Metal Smith's Academy. First seen in chapter fifty-five.

Sind (Mutt), Parrin, Grimn Asocan Grimn (Lieutenant) designated to be the captain of the Yarl Asoc, the Asoc's Imperial Yacht and Armed Small Fast Ship. First seen in chapter forty-seven.

Sinkess The Pod-Drran method of showing affection, basically rubbing foreheads together. There are two levels of affection, first the more private form for close friends, and family, called Sinkess, then the more casual but loving method of Linkess, which is a public display of affection among the Pod-Drran.

Sirsh Roughly translates as 'Title' and refers to the name of the Class of an individual. The Sirsh of the Warrior Class is Rai or Ro dependant on male or female. When a Kisory becomes a young adult and graduates their Class training, they are presented their Sirsh, a Ga-Den in the colours of their trade, and their Pol-Mar. A member of the Warrior Class will be presented their Kaldar in place of a Pol-Mar. The Kirlen is the only Sirsh that can be traded between other Houses.

Sisset, Ambs. The Umick Ambassador to the Interspecies Embassy on Liramor-23. Female member of the Umick. First seen in chapter thirty-five.

Smeldt, Zilina, Prof. D. Comms (Doctorate in Communications) - Head of the LMC-23 Campus of Malton University. Home World: Terra. First seen in chapter sixteen.

Smythe, Angelica Communications Officer Central Ops - First seen in chapter nine and deceased in chapter seventeen.

Smythe, John, Ops O Ops Watch Officer in Central Control. First seen in the Prologue.

Silliya A nurse at the hospital of Liramor-23. She becomes a member of the Congress that helps Junelliea open herself to her powers. First seen in chapter twenty-seven.

Silverstri, Marilyn, PO1 L-331644-281, Petty Officer First Class. Doctors ship protocol on The Wanderer because she is shy of her body. First seen in chapter twenty.

Slotty, Mirra, Mc. Medic. Medical specialist for the Harradi. She is one of the ten that work the farm at Denders Resort. While not listed as a nurse, she is quite capable of rendering emergency services to her people and working independently of a Harradi doctor. She would be classed more akin to a Navy/Marine Medic than a nurse. She is making use of her duties at Denders to elevate her ranking to that of Medical Specialist First Class, the equivalent of a nurse, and to learn about the medical needs of other species. First seen in chapter thirty-six.              

Smeldt, Zilina, Prof. PhD, Professor - Head of the LMC-23 Campus of Malton University. Originally from Terra. First seen in chapter sixteen.

Sprawl, David Master Chief Petty Officer (retired) - Senior Manager for Pallanders Shipyards. Minor character who outfits The Wanderer and provides some ideas to Pallanders Shipyards that makes everybody happy including the idea of using Fast Ships for commercial transports thus reducing the cost of interplanetary travel. Appears frequently because of his role with Pallanders Shipyards. Is assigned as Pallanders CEO at Pallanders-4 in the Punarjanm System in chapter twenty-nine and is responsible for all new Navy builds and refits done in that system. First seen in chapter eleven.

Sodrak An Asocan instrument similar in nature to the ancient Terran Lyre, though somewhat larger for Asocan hands to use. First referred to in chapter sixty.

Sokolova, Katrynna, Dr. DSurg, a genius who completed her medical doctorates and surgical residency by age twenty-four. Twenty-five when we meet her in 2487. Incredibly beautiful, she applies for the position of surgeon in order to hide away from the constant suitors for her hand due to her beauty. First seen in chapter fifty-four.

Solu Title for the head of a District of Anuura. First seen in chapter fourteen.

Soona-Patak 'The Dream Reader', the name given by the Kumaraie to Ikekiya when she sees the return of the original Resestess ship in one of her prophetic dreams. First seen in chapter fifty-nine.

Sorkarn A specialized organ in the Asocan body that has no equivalent in human organs. It is, however, similar to the Paacon Hannat as both organs perform the same function of biomass regulation. First seen in chapter sixty-one.

Sorna A female Gennel, one of the great guard beasts of the Byandi royal family. They are empathic in nature and befriend the Piscium children and the Cats during the dedication ceremony of the BNF Sanata. First seen in chapter sixty-four.

Sostoc An Asocan Navy rank, the equivalent of a Union Navy Captain. First seen in chapter fifty-two.

Soulange, Brendon Fourth son of House Soulange, ex-husband of Elizabeth Soulange and father of Guinevere Soulange. First seen in chapter forty-one.

Soulange, Elizabeth Ex-wife of Brendon Soulange and mother of Guinevere Soulange, a natural human telepath. She divorces her husband when he refuses to help her daughter, also a natural telepath though more powerful than her mother, who needs the support of the Toolend. First seen in chapter forty-one.

Soulange, Guinevere Thirteen when first encountered, she is the second natural human telepath that the Toolend encounter (after Junelliya). She is discovered when the Toolend help Sgt Brianna Wilden during their visit to the Landstradt. She and her mother are sponsored by the Toolend and brought to Liramor-23 for her training. First seen in chapter forty-one.

Speaker, The A position of extreme power within Pod-Drran society. A Rai/Ro surrenders his/her name, house, and trade, to become a Speaker. From that time forward, the Speaker is anonymous and has no status. He/she is above and apart from all; he/she speaks for all but in particular for those who do not have a voice.

Their principal role is to arbitrate between disputes, particularly in ritual combat. Their secondary role is to remind those in power of the consequences of their actions. Due to this secondary role, the person of a Speaker is inviolate, no person may harm a Speaker, not even the Kumar-Pair. Doing so would bring the wrath of the entire Pod-Drran society down on those who injure or kill a Speaker.

Stanet, Linsey, Dr. D. Engr. Comp. (Doctorate of Computer Engineering) - Computer specialist who deals with computer imagery. Part of the Piscium Scientific Investigation Team. First seen in chapter twenty-seven.

Ste-Armand, Loane Alias of Katryana Harlona reporter for Pan Galactic News Services and a plant on LMC-23, placed there by Pan Galactic to start rumours against Marsh in order to discredit the Director. Originally from Moscow, Terra. First seen in chapter eighteen.

Stemper, Fred, LtCdr. Lieutenant Commander - Third in command of the NS Betelgeuse, only senior bridge officer after torpedo impact on the bridge in the Second Battle of Liramor-23. First seen in chapter seventeen.

Stevens, Michael, S.A. DSc. Comp, Special Agent IPPF - Computer specialist for Spec Ops Gp3, Terra. Home World: Terra. First seen in chapter fourteen.

Stewart, Cynthia M. Comms. (Masters in Communications), MB (Medal of Bravery) - Independent News Reporter currently working with Interplanetary News Services and providing news stories on LMC-23. Blond, blue eyed, beautiful woman in her early thirties when we first meet her in 2484. First seen in chapter eleven.

Storn, Frank (Franky) The owner and chief cook of the 'BBQ Shack' in the Liramor-23 Food Court. It is a favourite treat of the Pod-Drran and the Asocans. First seen in chapter forty-four.

Sturn, William CB (Cross of Bravery), Pilot of modified Rockhound 138, who is injured during the First Battle of Liramor-23. First seen in chapter seven.

Sucre, Callum, MCPO Master Chief Petty Officer and originally Boatswain for The Wanderer. Is promoted Command Master Chief Petty Officer for Sector Forty-Two. Originally from Liramor Prime. First seen in chapter fifteen.

Sun-Hur Sin-Don Member of the Medical Class, ministerial level male of the Medical Class and a member of the Kumaroe's initial negotiation team. First seen in chapter twenty-eight.

Sunyea-Jarl Se-Lam-Roe The second son of the Kumar-Pair, born on Liramor-23 in April 2487. He becomes a member of the Council of Empaths in chapter fifty-eight. First seen in chapter forty-five.

Sunni, Lee, Lt. J-333254-772 Lieutenant (Navy) - Commanding NS Lucas Antonius, a Valour Class Armed Fast Ship that is the personal transport for FAdm. Hollister. First seen in chapter thirty-three.