All That Glitters - Notes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Surdend AG Surdend AG is the HQ for a conglomerate of businesses owned or partially owned by the main company. It is the largest employer on Planet Surdend.

Like other large conglomerates on Alliance worlds, Surdend AG deals heavily with slaves. The company has a reasonably good reputation in dealing with its slaves but does use explosive slave collars.

Surdend, Haegel The Patriarch of the Surdend family and CEO of the Surdend AG. First seen in chapter thirty-seven.

Sutor, Capt. Captain (Navy) - Senior Navy Intelligence Officer at Sector Forty-Two. First seen in chapter eighteen.

Srivastava, Rahan Cook and co-owner, with his wife Suhana Balakrishnan, of the Petu Restaran Balakrishnan in the Food Court of Liramor-23. According to Suhana, he is the better cook in the kitchen but according to customers and staff, that depends on what is being cooked. First mentioned by name in chapter sixty-one.

Syun, Chu, Dr. PhD PHSV, a social anthropologist with the Piscium Scientific Investigation Team, she is the lead scientist of her group. A woman of Asian descent in her late forties, she is first named in chapter thirty.

T

Taché, Alexander, MCPO Boatswain of the Dewfall. He is the senior non-commissioned officer on the ship. He literally owns the ship, as he signed for it. First seen in chapter thirty-nine.

Tae (Female), member of the Technological Class (i.e. Mind-Hur Lin Tae). The Tech Class wear Ga-Den in the colours of yellow/blue.

Taddassan A continent on the back side of Mylatinyl, the Byandi home world. There are five continents on Mylatinyl; the Northern Continent, the Eastern Continent, the Western Continent, and on the back side of the planet, in the middle of the ocean are two other continents, Taddassan and Brallassa. Taddassan is known for its seafood and for the Grand Academy, which teaches what humans consider to be Doctorate Level instruction. First mentioned in chapter sixty-four.

Takebayashi, Urano M. ECE, MB, a smallish Asian woman who is working towards her Doctorates in Early Childhood Education. She wants to run her own Day Care and winds up at Denders Resort working in the Educare Day Care for the short-term crisis of personnel during the summer of 2486, while the Interspecies Delegates are at Denders. Urano saves the children in the Day Care from a deranged woman's attack, being seriously injured in the attack. She is initially hired by Hanalei as a Nanny for the children; however, she winds up running her own Day Car on Liramor-23 when the Interspecies delegates begin bringing their children to the Embassy there. First seen in chapter thirty-six.

Takka-Larn Kai-Rai A Pod-Drran female and warrior of the House of Larn that fought with the Kumar-Pair in the latest coup attempt, however, she was quite angry when her House lost its status as a Great House, along with all the other Houses that did not have a large number of those who had made personal distinction. Takka felt that her House should have been spared the humiliation of being reduced from a Great House to only having members of the House standing in the Great Hall. She acts as prosecutor for the trial against Ikekiya and Zarreniya. First seen in chapter sixty-three.

Talbot, Analisa Bodyguard for VSC, and initially head of Liea's private security (PSec) and coordinator for her security watch. Total badass femme who's fighting skill is surpassed only by Kim. Minor character but is responsible for Liea's security and is frequently in Liea's shadow. Is eventually hired by Raymond Clark as his bodyguard and as head of the security detail for The Wanderer. Originally from Liramor Prime. First seen in chapter four. (Deceased Ch. 23).

Tallus, C. Insp. Chief Inspector for IPPF on Tova's Planet. First seen in chapter eighteen.

Tan, Amelia, Capt. S-883535-992 Captain (Navy) - Senior Tactical Officer assigned to the Anti-Slavery Task Force at Liramor-23. Has completed the Senior Flag Officers Course and is awaiting promotion to Commodore. First seen in chapter thirty-two.

Tanten, Melinda, Sgt. Sergeant - Marine who accompanied Raymond and four others on an assault against the Third Adenomere Estate to stope Adolphus Adenomere from randomly killing slaves by remote control. The six were captured when they couldn't get back to their ship. Frist seen in chapter thirty-nine.

Tarren (Mutt), Dynen, Beerlendl One of Asoc >Catal's Beerlendl and a member of the Beerlen AsocAR. She is the Judge during the trial of Buku Rahahm in chapter fifty-eight.

Tatsuya, Hajime Renowned Master Smith and weapons maker who makes traditional Japanese swords with new metallurgy that amalgamates traditional Japanese sword steel with new materials. The new metal will not rust, is stronger than traditional Japanese sword steel, but just as flexible. Tatsuya is renowned for the beauty of his swords, which can cost tens of thousands of credits each. His forge is named Tatsuya Forge. He made Kim's sword set and the Asoc's new >Curlat, a traditional weapon of the Asocans. The forge is first seen in chapter thirty-seven. Tatsuya Hajime is first named in chapter twenty-three.

Teal, Franz, Capt. PGMDS-TU (Presidential Gold Medal for Distinguished Service to the Terran Union), CMM (Commander of Military Merit), Captain (Navy), Intelligence Officer specializing in Interrogations. Works from LMC-23. Was the head of a special intelligence investigations team on slavery and was promoted captain for his work on OP Sandcastle. Home World: Planet Hanover. First seen in chapter twenty-one.

Teera Sister and Malotvi of Meera. Like her sister she works in Childcare. They are both hired at Denders to support the Byandi needs and then later hired to serve on Liramor-23 when the Byandi bring their children to the platform. First seen in chapter thirty-seven.

Tempa-Harn Kai-Rai A Rai who has earned her way into the Throne Room as a Rai of distinction. She demands to be part of the team that goes to open the Resestess and is injured because of it. First seen in chapter sixty.

Tensil, Mark MB (Medal of Bravery), Electronics Maintenance Specialist, part of the team that fought the fire in Constructions Bay Eight in March of 2483. Awarded the MB in chapter seven. First seen in chapter five.

Termil, Mark Data specialist in Sonya Salette's IPNS Control Room in Capital City, Terra. He coordinates the various independent media personalities that work for IPNS in Capital City and works on the documentary of the first Charity Concert from Denders Resort in the summer of 2488. First seen in chapter sixty-four.

Termil, Tauren Retired concert promoter and Grand Uncle to Marc Termil, part of Sonya Salette's media team. He helps promote the Piscium children's charity concert at Denders in the summer of 2488. First seen in chapter sixty-four.

Teusleh, Marc, Lt. Lieutenant (Marines) - one of the Marine detachment officers on The Wanderer. Home World: Neues Deutschland. First seen in chapter sixteen.

Thenton, Charles, FAdm. Fleet Admiral - commanding Sector Forty-Two and Cmdre. Marsh's direct navy superior. Important character but not necessarily a main character. First seen in chapter four.

Thibault, Marc D. Engr - representative and engineer for Pallanders Shipyards. Specialist in ship repairs and assessments of repairs. Engineer responsible for most of the repairs on LMC-23 after the Second Battle of Liramor-23. Home World: Liramor Prime. First seen in chapter twenty.

Thom, Harold, Maj. Major (Marines) - Commander of the Marine contingent on The Wanderer. Frist seen in chapter sixteen.

Tilleya, GME A senior level Grand Master Empath not yet a councillor but still in the inner circle of the Council of Empaths. A woman of very strong power. First seen in chapter twenty-eight.

Tin-Ur Sai-Rai PGMDS-TU, one of the Kirlen that Raymond takes in Shar-Terg in combat from Kit-Zur Rai. A former Rai and senior Rai in her household, her only brood is destroyed in contempt by Kit-Zur and she and her mate, Kord-Kirlen (Ro), suffer unimaginably under the hand of Kit-Zur. They both become members of the security team on The Wanderer. First seen in chapter thirty.

Tlasset A member of the ambassadorial staff of the Umick Embassy on Liramor-23. First seen in chapter fifty-four.

Tokussa A friend and agemate of Dr. Marla and daughter of Marla's teacher at the Grand Taddassan Academy. Taddassan has accepted a teaching position at the academy in economics and commerce but decides that she needed to experience a little of life first. First seen in chapter sixty-four.

Ton (Male), member of the Technological Class (i.e. Tur-Ron Lin-Ton). The Tech Class wear Ga-Den in the colours of yellow/blue.

Tougrate A Toolend First Medical Officer (senior medical doctor). Erht is involved in the incident with Junelliya at Teatime for Mothers. Erht also works to help the psychologically injured ex-slaves rescued in Op Sandcastle. First seen in chapter thirty-five.

Touru A male Gennel, one of the great guard beasts of the Byandi royal family. They are empathic in nature and befriend the Piscium children and the Cats during the dedication ceremony of the BNF Sanata. First seen in chapter sixty-four.

Toussaint, Gwendolyn Mother of Annagrace Pelletier, the four-year-old friend of Ikekia and Zarrenia Piscium. Home Planet is Liramor Prime. First seen in chapter forty-five.

Trainor, Alexa M. Adm, member of Liramor Holdings Senior Management Program 2485 A, along with Fayad Piscium. Originally from Neues Deutschland. First seen in chapter twenty-six.

Triand, Sylvie Manager of Interspecies Affairs at Denders resort. Comes to Hanalei's aide when she is accosted by several drunks in chapter nineteen. Becomes Manager of Interspecies Affairs for Denders at Hanalei's insistence in chapter thirty-six. First seen in chapter nineteen.

Tricana, Ambs. Feeyan Ambassador at Large assigned to the Interspecies Embassy on Liramor-23. Female member of the Feeyan. First seen in chapter thirty-five.

Trimet, Michel, CmdMCPO The Command Master Chief Petty Officer of Sector Fifty-Nine. First seen in chapter fifty-four.

Tuffet, Lorain Capt. Commander of the NS Betelgeuse. Frist seen chapter fifteen (Deceased Ch 17).

Tulac, Eldr. An Elder in the Order of Telepaths. He is part of the Order's disciplinary hearing against Junelliya in chapter forty-eight.

Tumaro, Marcus The Head of Security for the new Johal Compound appointed by Hanalei Anar. Home planet is Terra. He is responsible to Ji'en Nahdi. First seen in chapter forty-eight.

Tun-Mar Lom-Mon Ministerial level member of the Merchant and Trades Services Class and a member of the Kumaroe's initial negotiation team. The Merchants and Trades Services Class wear Ga-Den in red-green colours. First seen in chapter twenty-eight.

Tur-Ron Lin-Ton Ministerial level member of the Tech Class, male and member of the Kumaroe's initial negotiation team. First seen in chapter-twenty-eight.

Twellery A group of special friends to an Asocan couple . This group is usually invited for a 'viewing' of a new clutch. It will usually include parents, favored Uncles and Aunts, favored Sisters and Brothers, and especially close friends. First seen in chapter sixty-one.

U

Ulag< Female Asocan singer who is listed as the premier entertainer of her species and who participated in the first and second Interspecies Partnership Concert. She is known simply by her name and never uses the name of her Mutt during her performances. First seen in chapter thirty-six.

Ultar Middle stage of three of early childhood development. It is depicted by the need for adult direction. This is when the young Asocan leaves the swamp of the crèche and begins to stay more frequently on dry land. This stage is characterized by rapid mental and physical growth. When the Ultar first leaves the swamp, they have only rudimentary language, social skills, and physical abilities which grow exponentially until the Ultar reaches the Shamot stage, usually at around two years after leaving the swamp.

Umatran An Asocan title for a senior scientist. It roughly translates as 'Scientist of the First Order'. First seen in chapter sixty.

Utan>, Dragon, Jr. Ambs. Utan> Dragon Jr. Ambs. Mutt Beng. Formerly the Asocan secretary at the embassy on Liramor-23 but is promoted to Junior Ambassador and elevated to Dragon by the Asoc for her diligence and support to the Embassy. She is fiercely devoted to her boss, Grand Dragon Ambassador Alvoie. She is one of the larger Asocan, being 250cm in height, broad of shoulder and hip, and almost 189kg in weight. She is a powerful warrior with a number of scars. She has a caustic whit and, while being loyal to her boss, she often treats him as a contrary teenager. She has befriended the Piscium family and the members of House Ur. She has a healthy respect for Oshiiru 'Kim' Kimiko , Lt. Ululla Mbibo, Gillaya, and Violetta, for their work as bodyguards and as warriors. First seen in chapter forty-three.

V

Vangeliya, GME Grand Master Empath and Junelliya's instructor in the use of her empathic power. She is hired by Fiona to assist Junelliea in her duties and to help train her as an empath. Thirty-six when we first meet her in 2485. First seen in chapter twenty-nine.

Varnala The name of a large, manned, orbital station that is used as a comms hub for various communications systems of the Maha-Rrin. First seen in chapter forty-four.

Varnela-Henad High Priest of the Maha-Rrin and a member of the Pemipinae's council. At first opposed to the reunification of the people of Ruhm-Oran, she recognizes the prophecy of special events that she witnesses pertaining to the return, the coming together of the two sister races of the Maha-Rrin and the Pod-Drran predicted by the Goddess. First seen in chapter forty-four but not named until chapter forty-seven.

Varren Mutt Herrtt, Shamot A former Ultar that was at the extreme age for Ultars and at risk for being slotted as a menial worker for the rest of her life. She is bigger, stronger, and fiercer than her contemporaries so simply plowed her way through life instead of using her intelligence, until she runs afoul of Ikekia and Zarrenia. She then learns the lesson she needs to advance to the stage of Shamot and begin formal education. Varren is a member of Mutt Semt who is left homeless by the destruction of the Semt. She is adopted by the Asoc and made a member of Mutt Herrtt after the destruction of Semt Shall in chapter fifty-two. She is given the name of Varren Mutt Herrtt é Salalta Semt naming her in the new family and the lost family, which is a rarity for Asocans. First seen in chapter forty-seven.

Vautor, Arlene a.k.a. 'Thimble' - The ship's dress maker/seamstress. She makes dresses, uniforms, and other clothing for the crew. Principally employed to help keep Liea and Raymond in the best of styles but is mostly employed in modifying clothing for the entire crew. She uses her skill at making clothes to design a new line of clothing for the security team, that incorporates features of Emergency Escape Suits and the personal body armour into the outfits. She has two other seamstresses working for her. Part owner of the Needle and 'The Thimble and Needle' with Ned 'Needle' Bren. First seen in chapter twenty-three.

Verbin, Miles, Capt. Captain (Civ), Master of Maritime Transport (Space), MMT(S), commanding SSP Whilhelm Harger owned by Hildebrand AG our of Neues Deutschland. First seen in chapter thirty-three.

Verdin, Sarah, Cdr. V-334587-442, Commander - Commanding NS Corsair, a Whippet Class Escort Ship assigned to Cmdre. Dostier in the Punarjanm System. First seen in chapter thirty-three.

Vertim, Brian, Gen. General - Union Joint Chief of Staff. First seen in chapter sixteen.

Violletiya, GME Hanalei's bodyguard. As the name suggests, she is from Hollander's World and a Grand Master Empath. She becomes part of Junelliya's Training Fellowship as a matter of course. First seen in chapter thirty-eight.

Vuelta Corporations Vuelta Corporations is the controlling manager company for a conglomerate of businesses owned or partially owned by the main company. Like other big businesses on Alliance worlds, Vuelta Corporations deals heavily with slaves. The company has a reasonably good reputation in dealing with its slaves but does use explosive slave collars.

Vuelta, Miguel The Patriarch of the Vuelta Family and CEO of the Vuelta Corporations. First seen in chapter thirty-seven.

W

Ward, Joseph, Capt. Captain (Civ) - Captain of The Valiant, Princess Class Fast Ship owned by Raymond Clark. Master of Marine Transport (Space), MMT(S). Fist seen in chapter twelve.

Watanabe, Hansuke The Master Sharpener at Tatsuya Forge. He is responsible for sharpening every blade that Hajime and his apprentices create. First seen in chapter forty-eight.

Webam, Hilda, Dr. PhD, B-173456-662 - Disgraced scientist retrieved from jail to serve on The Wanderer. First seen in chapter four.

Weber, Frank, CWO Chief Warrant Officer (Marine) - Senior enlisted Marine on The Wanderer. First seen in chapter sixteen.

Wenden, Mark, Lt. Lieutenant (Marines) - in charge of one of the platoons of Marines on the Pegasus. Leads the assault on the pirate ship Maderan's Reach. First seen in chapter thirty-three.