All That Remains Bk. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A search soon produced the needed items and with a few tools we knocked together three slings that could be lowered with the JCB. I left the digger parked and we walked back to the camper.

"I found some chickens!" Gem pointed at a small building.

"Eggs!" I exclaimed.

The radio crackled "Lee says thank you." Magda said.

I took the radio off Gemma.

"It's the very least I can do. We are heading back to the camper, is there anything you need?"

"No" Magda paused "tell my sister wife to give you a big cuddle tonight."

I looked at Gem and passed her the radio.

"I will" Gem replied "did you have anything planned?"

"Yes, he has worked hard so I wanted to hold him." Magda replied.

"Okay, we will leave the radio on in case you need us." Gem handed me the radio.

"I will save something for you for when we can be together. Could you tell Amy I said good night please?" I waited for her reply.

"I will husband" in the background I could hear Lee asking a question, Magda released the ptt button then after a few seconds "Lee has asked if you are husband to both of us and I have told him the truth." She finally said.

"Right, is he okay with that?" I asked.

"I am glad you are Mags and Gems husband Eric." Lee replied to me.

"Thank you Lee. We are going to move the camper towards the barn so that it is hidden from the road, see you both soon."

"Eric, thank you again for digging a grave for my family." Lee's quiet voice was full of gratitude.

"That's ok Lee, good night." I replied.

We moved the camper then cooked for every one.

"Are you tired?" Gem asked as we washed dishes.

"A little, are you?"

"No" she pulled the plug from the sink "but I think we should get some sleep."

"I have to agree, we have a lot to do tomorrow." I attempted to stifle a yawn and failed.

I lay in bed, Gem in my arms and tried to comprehend that last week.

"I seriously hope you know what you are doing!" Liz was sitting at the end of the bed.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Taking them to Scotland" she moved and lay by my side "it's going to be so cold!"

I looked at her, she looked so young.

"This is a dream." I thought.

"Do you have a plan of any kind?" She asked.

"Live, keep living and keep the others alive." I wanted to stroke her hair but my arms felt heavy.

"And what about you?" Her voice sounded distant.

"I need to keep alive so I can look after them."

"Do your best, that's all you can do, you are best at that." Her voice was quite.

"You know I will." I replied.

"I know, they are depending on you." She whispered.

I watched her begin to fade away, she reached out and shook my shoulder.

"Wake up Eric!" Gem hissed at me.

My eyes snapped open to sunshine and Gems smile.