All The Young Punks Pt. 43

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Her age wasn't a problem until middle school. Penny's petite. All the other girls are older and developing, That's when she stood out."

"I was bullied," Joe said. "A lot. It sucked."

"Penny's had a few bullies, but it's not fighting. They just torment her."

Joe felt a knot in his stomach. "The stress of going to school every day knowing there's a target on your back and today might be the day you get humiliated or beaten on is soul crushing." He looked across the yard at Penny. "I know exactly what she's feeling."

"You seem to have gotten through it," Frank said.

"Yeah, but it's different for boys. I smacked down a bully and learned that was the only way to stop them. Girls are different."

"It's not easy for girls," Tina agreed. "They bully differently, more emotional than physical."

"But they're all the same," Joe said. "Insecure jerks stepping on another to lift themselves up."

Aunt Lisa met Joe's eyes. "You've thought about this a lot."

"Yeah, the victim thinks about it 24 hours a day. Dread is your constant companion. I feel what she feels in my gut right now, like I did when I was ten."

--- TINY TOUR ---

Before the band hit the road again, Joe took a new gig in the city. The East Bank in Dumbo was a brick warehouse between the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges. It was a medium sized venue, conveniently located just over the East River, with an excellent stage, lighting and sound system. The gig wasn't announced until two days before. Still, the Brooklyn punks packed the place. The band now had seven venues in NYC.

The next run was the short two week, eleven date tour. Joe was pleased when he found Larry waiting by The Whale in front of Guerilla Studios. Each band member smiled and shook Larry's hand, also happy they had their favorite driver again.

"It figures we'd draw you for this bullshit tiny tour," Sal said as Larry drove through Manhattan in search of open road. "We'll probably get a shitty driver out west."

"I can't say," Larry said. "I won't know my next assignment until I get home."

Sal turned to Joe, "And what's the deal with this stupidly short trip?"

"I already explained," Joe said. "Ken booked this so he could do the west coast after school is in session."

"I hate these short tours," Nate said. "It seems a waste to rent a bus and disrupt our lives for eleven shows."

"Disrupt what lives?" Joe asked. "What exactly are we disrupting?"

Nate shrugged. "I prefer longer tours."

"Me too," Sal added. "And I don't mean the thirty day plan. That shit is holding us back. We should be doing longer tours."

Joe ignored his bandmates. The length-of-tours debate had been going on ever since they started using tour buses, eight months ago. When Sal pressed further, throwing out the idea of a forty-five day tour, Joe chimed in.

"Just because you have no one waiting for you at home doesn't mean we have to ignore those who do. I have a life outside this band and I don't give a..."

"It's only you!" Sal interrupted him. "Nate and I are okay staying out longer. We could be playing more gigs and making more money." Sal glanced at Simon, hoping he might join the discussion.

Joe glanced at Simon, who was aware that he was being quietly put on the spot. Joe made wide eyes at him.

"Hey." Simon put a hand up. "Don't drag me into your bloody drama. I'll play whatever you book. I have no one waiting for me at home, but I like being home."

Two weeks later, the band was home for the Labor Day holiday weekend. After a short break, they'd be flying for their first West Coast road trip.