My Wife Goes on a Date

Story Info
She wanted to spend a night with another man.
17.1k words
4.57
112.6k
217
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ephesus14
Ephesus14
886 Followers

My Wife Goes on a Date

byEphesus14©

This is a re-post of a story I wrote some time ago, but mistakenly deleted. My thanks to the readers who thought enough of my stories to save them and send me copies. I will be re-posting as many as I can and they should be coming rather closely together. They may be revised or updated but will be basically the same as before, so if you liked them then, you may still like them. Likewise, if you disliked them.........

Your comments will still be appreciated either way.

Again, thank you to those readers kind enough to assist me in re-posting.

Ephesus14

My wife, Jodie thought that spending a night with another man would be fun. She also thought I wouldn't mind. She may have been correct on the night of fun part, but she certainly fucked up thinking I wouldn't object.

I was sitting at my desk sipping my coffee and smiling. I was remembering the morning fuck my wife Jodie and I had enjoyed just a couple of hours before. Her name is Jodel but everyone calls her Jodie. Sex with her was always great.

We met in high school and, for the most part, only dated each other. I say for the most part because the few times we had what we called 'disagreements' we both dated other people but we always made our way back to each other.

We gave our virginity to each other one month before our senior prom and two weeks after my 18th birthday. Her 18th was exactly one month before mine and we married nine months after graduating. She was my only sex partner and as far as I knew, I was her only one.

My cell phone rang. I looked to see if I knew who was calling. I give my business card out and get calls from numbers I don't recognize so I can't be selective about answering it.

I hate getting calls from scam artists and have gotten calls offering to help fix my computer, improve my credit or get me better health care. But I especially hate when the caller says he or she is calling from the IRS and there are problems with my tax returns and if I don't call them immediately they are going to 'send the cops' after me.

I am able to tolerate the legitimate calls where honest people are trying to make a living but I hate scum bag scam artists and thieves and as soon as I recognize them as such I start describing to them what I would do after I stuck a broomstick up their ass. They tend to hang up rather quickly after that.

Anyway, my cell phone rang. The screen showed it was Jodie's office number. My first thought was why was she calling from her office phone and not her cell phone? So I answered.

"Hello, sweetie"

"Uh, this isn't your wife Mr. Taylor."

That's my name. Taylor. John Richard Taylor III. And, as is the tradition in parts of the country, being the third person in line with the same name I was called 'Trey'.

Jodie works in insurance. I sell RV's and concentrate on 'high end' motor coaches.

Neither Jodie nor I graduated from college but we think we do okay. We live in a house owned by my mother and step-father and pay no rent while we save enough to buy our own. We like the house and the neighborhood and, frankly, are in no hurry to move.

"My name is Michael Hamilton and I work with your wife."

"What can I do for you, Mr. Hamilton?"

"I hope it is more what I can do for you. I have some information about your wife that I think you should know. Are you available to meet me around noon today?"

"What kind of information? Is she all right?"

"She was fine the last time I saw her and as far as the information I have, I much prefer discussing it in person."

"Listen, Mr. Hamilton, I don't know what kind of joke you and my wife are trying to pull, but I don't have time for it. Just tell her that I didn't fall for it and I will see her at home."

"Wait Mr. Taylor! This is no joke and she doesn't know I'm calling. Meet me and you might be able to stop her from having an affair. I will be at The Spike restaurant at noon. It is on the corner of Ryan and Alamo. I am wearing a grey suit with a blue tie."

He hung up. What the fuck just happened? A complete stranger has just told me that I might be able to stop my wife from having an affair if I meet him. If this was her idea of a joke, I was not amused. So now I'm in a quandary. Do I meet him and fall for the joke? What if it isn't a joke? Fuck!

At noon, I was standing outside The Spike. A man approached me and asked if I were John Taylor. I assured him I was and indicated that we should go inside. He suggested that we just walk for a while to avoid anyone overhearing us.

So we started in the direction of the downtown park. We had just started walking and I asked what this was all about.

"I started working with your wife two months ago. We work in the same section. Almost immediately, I started hearing about her and a man in our section. It was another week or so before I started seeing things for myself. His name is Stan Morrison and they go to lunch together almost every day. They have made no secret of their friendship and talk openly. Today most of the office overheard them talking about going out tomorrow night. They've decided to go to the Hilton because it has a nice restaurant and tomorrow night there will be live music. They plan on having dinner and then dance to the live music before going up to their room and spending the night. He even called to reserve the room. Even as we speak your wife is out shopping for clothes for their date."

"Tomorrow night? And spending the night together? Just how do they expect to accomplish that?"

"She is going to tell you the truth. She is convinced that you love her enough to allow her to experience another man since you are the only one she has ever had. I overheard that bit of information last week. She honestly feels that it will not affect your marriage in any way. I guess that's why they feel safe talking openly. She doesn't think you will have a problem with it."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I was married for 9 years and my wife had an affair. The legal system fucked me more completely than her lover ever fucked her. She and her boyfriend are now living in the house that I pay for and my children are calling him daddy. I'm living in a dump of an apartment and eating beans and rice five nights a week. I see this as a chance to possibly help someone else avoid my situation."

We talked for a while longer and he left to go back to work. I was left to contemplate my marriage and my future. My conclusion was that if he was telling the truth, my marriage was over. It was frightening that I could so easily consider the possible demise of my marriage based solely on a relatively short conversation with a total stranger, but I thought back to my youth and remembered the pain my mother had gone through. My father was both an alcoholic and a philanderer. He had several affairs and was open about them. He even teased my mother about them.

I asked her why she put up with it. "I love him." Was her response.

Once, when I was about 11 years old, he took me with him to his then current girl friends' house. The two of them were somewhere in the house and I was in her living room with her dog. I got tired of sitting there petting the dog so I left and walked the mile or so home.

When I got home, I told my mother where I had been. We only had one car so she and I walked back to where the car was. She made no effort to confront them and I don't know if he even realized I had left. We took the car and went home. I didn't see him for about a week and my mother wouldn't let him in the house. Two days after she did finally let him back in, he whipped me with his belt for dropping a kitchen plate and breaking it; but after thinking about it, I thought the real reason was me telling on him.

Given my experiences as a child and seeing the pain my mother suffered, I could see no circumstance under which I would or could condone Jodie having an affair. Her even thinking about having one was too much for me. Call me a jerk, insensitive, cocky, arrogant, goody two shoes or anything else you can think of, but I had no intention of going through what my mother did.

She eventually found the strength to leave my father and we were much better for it. That was years ago. He still lives in town, but we rarely see each other and that's fine with me. She remarried and is very happy and.

As I've already mentioned, Jodie and I live in a house owned by her and my step-father.

So what do I do now? Confront Jodie or ignore the information I had just received? Wait and see what happens?

As a salesman you can't always wait for someone to walk in the front door ready to buy. You have to be pro-active. Give your card out. Make phone calls. Talk to people. Anticipate, be tenacious and resilient and know your product. Well, that 'know your product' thing might be a problem in this case. If what Michael Hamilton told me is true, I don't know Jodie at all. And she, apparently, doesn't know me. I had made no secret of my feelings about adultery and she was well aware of my family history.

So I decided to be pro-active. But exactly how does one start being pro-active in a situation which may not even exist? Start by covering all your bases. Anticipate a 'worst case' scenario. Then choose a course of action and determine what is the best thing that can happen to you as a result of your decision and what is the worst thing that can happen. If you are not prepared to accept the worst possible outcome, choose a different course of action and keep choosing until you determine what you can accept.

I made my decision and determined that my first task was to find a private investigator. There were several in the phone book. I randomly selected one, called and was told to come right over. Thirty minutes later I was in his office. Two hours after that he had lots of my dollars and we had a plan. It was now time to go home. I had no idea how I was going to act around her tonight.

She was home when I got there. When I walked in, she came up to me for our usual kiss and hug. I had given a lot of thought about how I should act. I could either act normally, in which case she would assume that everything was okay and her plans could continue; if indeed she actually had any plans. Or I could, in some way, hint to her about what I had heard. If I did, she could deny everything and postpone it until things blew over. If she was considering doing it now what would prevent her from re-considering or even actually doing it sometime in the future? I had no intention of living with that possibility.

The other side of the coin of course was that if she knew I suspected her, it might cause her to abandon their plan.

I decided to act normally.

Dinner was almost ready. She was just waiting for me to grill the pork chops. I did and we ate. Acting normally was more difficult than I thought it would be. For me. She, however, was either a very good actress or, as Michael Hamilton had indicated, was so sure of herself that she had no concerns at all and was free to be natural.

Around 11, I went upstairs to get ready for bed. Jodie was already asleep. I took my shower and went to bed but I didn't sleep.

At six the next morning she got up, got dressed, and went downstairs. A few minutes later, I got up, dressed and went downstairs. She was gone. I can count on one hand the number of times one of us left the house without a kiss goodbye. This was one of them.

It was Friday and normally a good day for selling RV's, but I called my boss and told him I was going to take the morning off. I called the attorney the dealership used and asked if he knew of a good divorce attorney. He referred me to his wife.

"But let me warn you. She hates husbands who screw around on their wives so if you did, she probably won't take your case." He called her and sent me over immediately.

I told her about my conversation with Michael Hamilton. Her first question was why did I think it necessary to consult a lawyer and hire an investigator solely on the unsubstantiated story of a total stranger? I then told her about my parents and my personal intolerance for adultery or anything approaching it.

She recommended that I wait and confirm his story. She also commented that if Jodie was as confident as Hamilton had indicated that our marriage would not be hurt, she really had nothing to lose by having a little fling. I informed her that there was no way I would tolerate a fling, little or otherwise, and if Jodie went through with her plans tonight I wanted to be able to have her served no later than Monday. If Hamilton was either lying or mistaken I might have to be prepared to eat a lot of crow but if he was telling the truth I would be ready.

Although hesitant, she assured me that the paperwork would be ready and all that would be needed was the location she was to be served if it came to that.

By one in the afternoon I was back at my desk trying to sell an RV to a retired couple who had been married almost 50 years. At first, I had reservations about selling a 45' motor coach to such an elderly couple but after talking to them and watching the way they interacted my reservations disappeared. He acted younger than I did and moved with more agility. In fact, I was envious; both of his seeming youth and vigor and of their relationship. I had been working with them for a couple of weeks and it seemed they were now ready to buy. They had picked out the one they wanted and we had driven it up and down the highway. Their name was Jacobson, and Mr. Jacobson had driven it and seemed comfortable and in control behind the wheel.

I had trouble concentrating on what I was doing, but I was enjoying their back and forth banter as they discussed the pros and cons of motorhome ownership. They were exactly what I wanted Jodie and me to be after a long, happy marriage. In the end, I decided to give them a new and added incentive. I decided to call it my 'Trey' discount. I had never done it before but I really liked them so I threw in part of my commission as an additional discount. They bought the RV and left with smiles on their faces.

It was time to go home. I checked with my investigator and was assured that everything was ready. At 5:30, I pulled into the garage. Jodie's car was in its usual spot. I went inside and didn't smell anything to indicate that dinner was being cooked. I was as calm, cool and collected as I thought possible. I put the package my investigator had given me on the mantle and resisted the urge to find her so I sat in my recliner and waited to see what would happen.

I didn't have to wait long. At 5:45 she came downstairs dressed to kill in what apparently was the clothes Michael Hamilton told me she had been shopping for the day before. She was gorgeous and had her overnight case with her.

"Wow! You look great. What's the occasion?"

"One of the guys at work has been after me to go out with him and I decided that it would be fun."

"What do you mean go out with him? Like on a date?"

"Yes"

"What kind of a date?"

"Well, we thought that since you are the only man I have ever been with that it might be fun for me to have sex with someone else so we are going to have dinner, go dancing and then spend the night at a hotel."

I couldn't believe how calm she was and how much my feeling of being calm, cool and collected was replaced with a huge cold knot where my stomach should be.

"You can't be serious. You're spending the night with another man? There's no way in hell that I will agree to something like that. And who the hell is this WE you're talking about? I wasn't asked about this."

"It's no big deal. Just one night of playing around. Tomorrow I'll be home and it will be like nothing ever happened. Besides, I might learn a trick or two you might enjoy."

"There is no way you're going out tonight and fucking someone else!"

"Don't be silly. Of course I am."

"Jodie, if you do this our marriage is over."

Just then we heard a car horn.

"That's him." She said heading to the front door.

I beat her there.

"Please don't do this." I said blocking her path.

"I have to go." She walked around me and then tried to kiss me. "I will be home about noon tomorrow and you will find nothing has changed."

"If you get in that car you won't have a home to come back to."

"Now you're really being silly. Have a good evening thinking of me enjoying myself. When I get home tomorrow, we can fuck our brains out. Good night." She blew me a kiss on her way out the door.

I never watched her get in the car. I walked to the mantle and turned off the recorder I had put there. I took a box of garbage bags upstairs. It took me almost two hours to remove all evidence that she had ever lived here. I emptied her closet and her side of the bathroom cabinet. I even took from the safe the few pieces of jewelry she had, her birth certificate, High School Diploma, and her Social Security Card. I took all of it downstairs and set it by the garage door. Then I went through the down stairs collecting her stuff; her family photo albums, her high school awards and the bronze statue by Remington she had inherited from her grandfather. I even removed all of the little magnets she had put on the refrigerator. I crammed everything in her car. Then I backed it out of the garage and parked it on the street. I put the keys on the driver's seat.

I went to bed and tried to sleep. No luck. All I did was toss and turn. I finally got up and brewed a pot of coffee. I turned on the TV and tried to watch an all-night marathon of Hogan's Heroes and drink coffee. For two nights running now I had no sleep. I felt like a zombie.

I was at the dealership early. By 11:00 I had closed the deal with the Jacobson's from the day before and they were driving off the lot in their highly discounted motor coach. I had also done all of the financial stuff I thought was required. At 11:45, I was home and received the new set of house keys from the locksmith. My investigator was also there with copies of the videos he had made over the last 18 hours.

At 12:30, I was watching a video I had gotten from the investigator when I heard the front door bell. I went to the door and opened it.

"Hi, sweetie. My key doesn't work and why is my car on the street?"

I stood in the doorway blocking her from coming in. "Your key doesn't work because you don't live here anymore. And your car is on the street because since you don't live here anymore, I didn't want it in my garage."

"What are you talking about? This is my home. Now let me in." She said as she tried to go around me.

"I told you last night that if you got in that man's car you wouldn't have a home to come back to. All of your stuff is in your car."

"You can't be serious it was just..." I didn't hear the rest of what she was saying because I slammed the door in her face.

She pounded on the door for several minutes before I opened it. "If you don't stop beating on my door, I'll call the police and have you arrested." I probably couldn't do that, but I had nothing to lose.

"You can't do that. This is my house."

"This house belongs to my mother and step-father and they determine who lives here and they have determined that you no longer do. Now leave." Again, I probably couldn't legally do that, but I did it anyway. I slammed the door in her face for the second time and resumed watching the tape. I looked out the front window sometime later and she was sitting in her car. I went to the kitchen for a drink of water but changed my mind and had a gin and tonic instead. I watched more of the tape.

During the course of the afternoon, I had gotten madder and madder. I heard the doorbell ringing. Well, not actually ringing; it was steady and unending. If it is Jodie again and in the mood I am in, I will probably rip her cunt off and feed it to the neighborhood dogs. I ran to the door and jerked it open to find her sister, Judy, standing there leaning on the doorbell. JoDel and Judy. Their parents had little imagination. Their brother's name was Jacob. I just looked at her.

Ephesus14
Ephesus14
886 Followers