All Comments on 'Allender's Hunt-Big Game'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 204 Comments
Cracker270Cracker27010 days ago

I always enjoy this one. I stop by every now and then to reread it. As a longbow shooter and hunter I am very much aware of the errors in description. And as a beginning writer I know the importance in story flow. Always a five

nwaatntnwaatntabout 1 month ago

I think what Raines had done to him was over the top, Allender was as much to blame for what happened as he was.

They were both barely dressed to generate body to body heat, which is what they needed from what I have read.

Always going to be hard on both to not get aroused, she was an attractive woman.

She woke up humping his leg, he reacted.

From there she did nothing to stop him, she didn't do anything to stop the arousal going further , and she was fully aware what was happening, yet she did absolutely nothing to discourage him.

I think most blokes would be hard pressed to not get aroused with a nearly naked woman humping your leg.

As to him ringing her after he found they had separated is hardly cause to kill him.

She could have simply said "I told you not to contact me this is your last warning"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

; -) Sometimes sheep killin' dogs are alpha males that think they are entitled to take what they want. Even if not alpha males, sheep killin' dogs wind up bein' shot.

Phxray54Phxray542 months ago

Randi, going to have to think about this story a while. I can relate, except that mine never told me. I found out on my own. I wish it was a story. All better now. It took the love of another to make it so. A very well written story!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode662 months ago

What a powerful story! Well done. I had no problem with Allender hunting Raines. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Why two .. ? Did her father commit suicide?

Helen1899Helen18993 months ago

I am an animal lover, I don't mind violence to awful human beings, the 'Raine' character deserved everything he got. But what had the beautiful Elk done to deserve it's demise? , nothing she killed it for pleasure, she was no better the Raine and deserved the same ending.

steam692steam6923 months ago

2/8/24 To the anonymous of 24 days ago. You need to take remedial reading class,because you totally did not understand what happened. He raped her. Plain and simple. Just because her body betrayed her, and responded eventually, doesn't mean that she was consenting. And as shoprat pointed out in his comment, he had a responsibility to keep her safe. So by raping her she had every right to do what she said she would do if he ever contacted her. That she would kill him. End of story.

shopratshoprat4 months ago

The story was excellent, and the violence was justified IMO. He had a duty to behave himself because she was dependent on him for her survival in that situation. He's in the role of an instructor in a high risk activity; it's an absolute no-no to take advantage of clients or students especially in a life or death situation. She was dependent on him for his skill and knowledge of the area to get out alive. The only way his behavior could have been any worse is if she had been underage. As it was, it was plenty horrible and he is certainly a rapist. Beyond that, he was an idiot. She told him exactly what she would do if he ever appeared in her life again, and he went right on and did it anyway regardless of the damage it might do to her. He completely deserved what he got.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not sure why murder was warranted. It was definitely a gray area when it came to consent as she was in hypothermia and vulnerable. But she wrnt back to that well multiple times that night. And she reveled in the sex. I get rhat she had to tell Brian. And they needed time apart. And when Raines thought they were breaking up, he sought her out and his intentions were not selfish and nasty. But there is no clear evidence or intent rhat he was going to rape her. So why all the setup and the murder? By simply rebuffing Raines, she makes it clear, she doesn't give a shit about him and she is worried about her marriage. If the author wanted the murder part ot be more "justified" then make it nonconsensual but unprovable. It did not come off that way as depicted. Poor Brian. Felt bad for Allender until the murder plot. Then lost all respect for her. She had alternatives to redemption beyond murder. Those who think otherwise: seriously?

FallschirmjagerFallschirmjager4 months ago

Tremendous story. Most of the LW stories are about loss with no redemption…..you have done really good work here!

TheMTOneTheMTOne5 months ago

As always your stories are excellent. I am glad you reposted it as I have read it many times now.

Thanks.

Omart57Omart575 months ago

I liked it, Randi! Good story!

arnowolarnowol5 months ago

There were warnings about violence, but for me it was more harmless than I thought. Thanks! ...and 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I agree with JoebetterBNice. I don't think this incident can be called rape. As Randi wrote it, it is definitely consensual. It is easy to find a scapegoat for your own frailties. And Raines would not have tried to approach her again if only they had not put out a false story about them being divorced. It was a trap no doubt, but can you blame a man to connect with a divorcee, especially since they knew each other? And why was Allender so bent on revenge? Didn't it strike her that she was partly to blame? Why put all the blame on Raines? Upto the point where, seeing her turning blue with cold and fearing hypothermia, he did a desperate thing and tried to warm her body by pressing his naked body to hers. Upto that point he was a gentleman and did everything right considering the situation. It's only later that he was tempted into indiscretion. It was understandable, after all he was no priest. So why was all the blame put on him? Even to the extent of seeking revenge? Even after Raines' phone call, there was no call for Allender to take revenge. She should have waited for him to approach her and she should have soundly rebuffed him. That would have proved to Raines, as well as Thomas and Brian, about her real character and where her heart lies. In case Raines did not take no for an answer and tried to rape her, then, of course, it was OK to shoot him. This is my opinion, but then I am not the author of this story. Anyway nice story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SatyrDickSatyrDick7 months ago

[10.10.23]

Top Notch (pun intended) !

11//10!!!!!

XluckyleeXluckylee8 months ago

One of my favorite stories. Thank you. 5 stars from Xluckylee

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

Very well written story with compelling characters. I am never thrilled w/ the idea of people outside the marriage contract being held responsible for a contract violation. Interfering in someone's marriage is immoral and dastardly, but disapproval seems to me the appropriate consequence, rather than retribution. I recoil at the later insinuation of a rape occurring, as the story, as written, made clear the event was consensual. From Randi's intro, Randi also is conflicted w/ some of it. So, great story, not a fan of how all things turned out, but people should write their own damn stories if they don't like reading others.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

One of my top 10, maybe top 5 LW stories ever. Randi can definitely write strong women.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Had an event early in my marriage. Wife’s boss took her to lunch on a Friday. She returned Monday after work said she helped him and his wife from breaking up. I was worried that she left me and I loved her. Years go by. Grown kids, downsizing. Found her HR file, admonished for having an affair with her boss, then fired for same thing. DNA tests two of my kids are his. Took it all to an attorney, divorce and alienation of affection suit. I grew up in Twisp Chiwack creek. Just moved back.

R_GazinyaR_Gazinya9 months ago

No sympathy for Raines. Why? Because fuck him, that’s why.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker10 months ago

Ending the life of someone; because You can't control Your own emotions. Is seriously f-d up.. You need help! And so does the *dude* in the ** real** world.. stalking is illegal. As is harassment... It can get you arrested , I believe about anywhere in the country... Not a bad modified BtB story.. but that's just my opinion.. we All got them... But I'll still read your Storys.. just didn't like this one., Maybe I didn't enough sleep last night.. 😉🤷😴

NitpicNitpic10 months ago
Flawed

Flawed from the start.What couple go on holiday to do the same thing,then delete when they get there?He sends her away to find herself,with no timescale,so how would he know if she succeded ,he never made any attempt to find out.How did Raine's get her phone number?.Also convenient her father and husband just happened to be there when she set off to find Raine's.

Madeira1076Madeira107611 months ago

I loved it! That is how it is done.

LickideesplitLickideesplit11 months ago

Previously read and scored at the top … However, when I believe the Bitch Burning has been significantly incommensurate, I consider Burning A-Star. If the ‘burning’ is terminal, then the ‘consider’ disappears.

Hubby was assessed as a ‘boyish man’, a less than ‘real man’ description which seemed to be where his character was going. However it may fit with Hubby’s actions after the debriefing of her hunt!

A point that a skimming of the very numerous comments seems to have disregarded is that Raines saved Sweetie’s life!

In some defense of commenters disregarding it, is that Raines was her guide and it was his job … but he was probably also on the far-end of his survival resources.

A pox on Hubby and Dad for not intervening when it was clear Sweetie was preparing to inflict serious or fatal damage on Raines.

They knew at least 20 seconds before she notched an arrow that she was not enamored AND was on the verge of putting herself in serious legal jeopardy. In addition, Raines’ lust would dissipate permanently when he saw his near miss.

4*

MigbirdMigbird11 months ago

Second time read, first time to comment. Day late, but had to share even if no one listening. Glad I waited because got to “enjoy” earlier comments, some rather odd/even inane which enhances. Piece is all about the believable female character you created and the rich detail surrounding her infidelity. Beautifully crafted; so real. OK, ending is unreal but perfect for this piece of fiction. Damn, you write so well.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith12 months ago

Outstanding!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well she wanted it at the time. Twice. Then she regretted it greatly. She was confused but she wasn’t forced. Not much of an excuse for murder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There is a solid reason the authors here seek your counsel and this story makes that reason manifest. This was an amazing story. That Raines got himself killed is just; some people deserve to die and I, personally, am not morally disturbed by it.

Brandy, you seem more than conversant with firearms which both surprizes and please me; surprized because so few woman are and pleased that you are a point person to lead other woman towards rational acceptance of firearms. I, among MANY men, want women to join us. The more the better. Today, in the time we live in, we do want you down range with us and will do all we can to include, mentor and support you.

Again, thank you for this superb story!

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 1 year ago

This was a magnificent story!!! I loved it and gave it 5 stars!!! I was pleased that Allender hunted down Raines and shot him with two arrows. She had promised that she would kill him if he ever tried to contact her. But before she killed him, Thomas and Brian stepped in. Thomas took care of killing Raines. Brian and Allender went back to her place in the state of Washington. I loved the story. She learned that she had a character flaw that she had to control but she was never going to be out of control of herself again. Brian forgave her and learned he could trust her again. Thomas took care of Raines so he would never bother his daughter again. This was a finely written story and I loved it. Great job BlackRandl1958.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

"Hello Raines" Allender said as she pulled out her razor sharp gutting knife. "Ever wonder what a stud felt while getting turned in to a gelding?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoy your stories they're always very thought-provoking.

I've noticed in many of your stories your characters are always so extreme. Super woman, breaks flurting man's arm, loves her husband so much, is mentally strong and together and tough...then she falls apart. She and her husband have common love hunting...but when they go to their hunt they split up and go their separate ways. She and her husband have a great sex life and can hardly keep their hands off each other so satisfied...she has sex with another man. The sex she has is the best and blows her away....she hates the man for it. This story is like watching a yo-yo.

You said in your intro it's impossible to do a story where a spouse has a reason to cheat and I can tell you why. Most of these stories are about a cheating spouse is giving in to Temptation for their lust. The real reason a couple in real love wouldn't cheat is because it would hurt the one they loved.

Not hurting someone you loved would always outweigh lust ... we're not animals!

But like I said I enjoy your stories.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Liked

It the animal got what he deserved.

DG HearDG Hearover 1 year ago

I've never hunted but found this to be a very interesting story.

DG

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Plain fact of the matter women very rarely ever forget a sexually satisfying big cock

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

one to the balls, second one to finish him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2 shots? Dad didn't off himself too so he could get out of serving time right? Yeah he said he would visit but the 2 shots thing makes me wonder.

Also cell phone records will show she's the last person he talked to. In addition there's there's the fallout he had with his employer because of what he did which will become known. Then inevitably some paper trail of credit card use or cell phone data showing husband was in the region. They'll totally try to pin it on the husband.

On the plus side you just need to bury the body in a shallow grave and it's effectively gone for good provided scavengers don't go pulling human bones or clothing out for everyone to find. Bury it a little extra deep I guess and as long as there isn't a body there wont be a case.

gomer63gomer63over 1 year ago

I'm not a huge fan of the RAAC scenario, but then again, this isn't a premeditated, conniving, evil situation is it? It's a moment of weakness in a horrible situation and the one guy "trying to be a gentleman" failed miserably. Yes, Allender did crumble, but given the trauma she went through I agree with the idea that she was vulnerable and was taken advantage of. I appreciate the way Brian handled it leaving an open ending and giving her time to "find herself" and heal and I truly believe true love prevailed as is not often the case. I am somewhat new too this genre and have been a little obsessed with the BTB scenario having gone through the cheating wife thing after a 25 year marriage. So, I live vicariously through the stories and ride the incredible emotions that spring out during my reading. This one didn't trigger that anger response that nearly all others do, and that speaks volumes as to my thoughts about your story. It triggered a different set of emotions and at the conclusion of the story, I still felt satisfied, even though the revenge aspect was muted. Thanks for your tale, and I really appreciate the less chaotic adventure you took me on. Keep on keeping on!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I read this some years back. It's almost an amazing story. Even believable. But in this case, it's just two wrongs, instead of one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Raines is a user and dangerous. He's dog shit and needs scraped off the shoe soul of humanity. Another story done well as normal for you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent writing and a great story. I didn't find Allender's character reprehensible so how is she hated as you stated? I think she fell into a situation where she was overpowered by a larger stronger person and ended up going along with what he was doing to her. Perhaps the pleasure she got out of the situation as well as the guilt is what led to her estrangement from Brian. I see her as a strong capable person who does a fine job of taking care of herself. They make a beautiful couple who are fortunate to have weathered the storm.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayalmost 2 years ago

Interesting story - not one of your finest, primarily because I didn't feel the characters were developed very well. Having said that, a story that is not your finest is still better than the majority in this category :) One final comment: how could 5 months have passed before the parents found out?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Anonymous says - Sorry, but I can't see Raines as the ultimate evil schemer here. Just a self isolating victim of loneliness, rather than a rich narcissistic manipulating womanizer. WHAT! He was going to get her under any costs and that type of person is dangerous to all woman. He would have destroyed her mentally and physically and no one would have been able to tell him he was wrong. Whilst I do not condone his murder at least he is now not a risk to anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

OK. I do like this story. I really do. 2nd time reading it...read it back a few years ago I believe. 5 stars. Writing is phenomenal.

Now...the only criticism..or more of an issue I have is the husband's reaction to her generic confession. She admits she spares him a lot of the detail because she doesn't want to crush him even more than he is.

But as a man...like most men in this situation...first thing we'd do after asking "so are you in love with him?" We'd want to know how many times? Why twice? Was it that good? How many times did he make you orgasm? And how big was his dick?

I think once they have THAT conversation? My guess is hubby is gonna need a lot more help believing he's ever gonna satisfy Allender in bed again.

He's going to be wondering forever things like "is she thinking about Raines and his giant cock while I am fucking her?" "Will she ever be satisfied with my 7 inches again?" "I'll never be able to make her cum like she did on the hunt with Raines..."

Self doubt in the face of betrayal and guilt is natural for all men and women when dealing with a cheating spouse.

This was not ever addressed...or even hinted at as part of this story and I think in most situations a similar type discussion would have been a part of the initial confession conversation. And her honest answers would have been very damaging.

And if I was hubby in this situation...our discussions upon arriving back home...would be "so I never asked you these things before. Tell me how great was the sex? Did he have a big dick? How many times did you 2 fuck?"

And then inevitably when she tells him the story..."so the reason you hunted him down to kill him was that he made one phone call to you. Left one VM message when he found out we had split and were living in opposite sides of the country. You were THAT threatened by him sexually by one phone call from 4 states away? That you felt you needed to secretly hunt him and eliminate him so you would never be tempted sexually by him again?"

That's a lot for hubby to unpack and absorb when he and Allender get to wherever they are going and they start to talk through this a little. With the inevitable guilt of being all accomplices to murder as well?? Not exactly a "and they lived happily ever after" ending.

Again tho...an extremely powerful and compelling story. Very quality writing.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

I disagree with violence as payback, at least violence leading to death. She could have done to him what I did to a dog who kept coming into my yard and attacking my dog.

A well-placed rubber-tipped arrow kept her from attacking my dog again. I would have placed the arrow in the groin area.

jgjeromejgjeromeabout 2 years ago

I've loved everything of yours that I've read so far, but this one was visceral. I think you did a masterful job of demonstrating the emotional fallout of cheating between a couple that truly loves each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I read and scored many 5 star efforts on this site This story is the best of all and deserves a distinction greater than 5 stars. If I can have one aside to this heartfelt high praise is the over use of “time standing still” or “it seemed Ike and eternity….” Tribute. There has to be a better fresher way to define time than this.

Thanks for the well developed and emotionally charged story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It seems to parallel some of Jack London's Darwinian's nature themes. Other than the survival situation initially, the synthetic moral ethical conflict is contrasted by the drastic solution (murder? really?).

Isn't this couple and father supposed to be smart, good people? Yet this is the best option to Allender's dilemma?No naive innocent deliberate decision to end her temptation or further corruption. Sorry, but I can't see Raines as the ultimate evil schemer here. Just a self isolating victim of loneliness, rather than a rich narcissistic manipulating womanizer. (..cheating? or call of the wild?)

drycreeksdrycreeksabout 2 years ago

It is what it is great story.

TajfaTajfaabout 2 years ago

A very well written story but murdering the guy was outrageous. It in no way fits the "crime". At any time did she say no? It seems to me that as an intelligent woman she knew what was happening and let it play out. Having some guys kick his balls a few times over would have been more appropriate. Taking someone's life if necessary, should only be for the most heinous of crimes. Still a very well written story so 4 stars.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Very nicely written. Allender's vulnerability, fallibility and her inner conflicts over what she did are presented well. The villain seems not to have much of an internal compass, and not a man troubled much by a conscience, but this reader still hoped he could be something deeper than just a privileged "Mark Lavaliere".

I know it's fiction, but would the character as presented have taken a "friendly warning-off" and saved his own life? Or was Allender not safe while he lived and breathed? The solution in the story is sort of going "full Leviticus" on him!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really nice story. Thanks for writing it.

Ed

Seghill_ZombieSeghill_Zombieover 2 years ago

Well-written story. I happen to agree with you, Randi, that, as a tale of excusable infidelity, it does fail, even though otherwise it was a great story. Perhaps the only story on this site, that I’ve read, which comes close to “excusable infidelity” is Tx Tall Tales sterling effort “The Luckiest Man in the World”, where **spoiler alert** the protagonist sees it as the only way that he can get his wife to divorce him before the medical bills which he knows will be coming financially ruin the pair of them. 5* nonetheless.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Second reading. Still a favorite. Technical issues with the hunting, archery, and guiding but the movie and tv industry have proven time and again that a good story can be told without being technically correct

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Repeat Reading

Today is a second reading although my years ago first pass did not include a star rating or comment.

First thought: this story could serve as a discussion topic in law school regarding the fuzzy lines surrounding the range of forcible rape, rape by impairment, acquiesence, and seduction. Which was the case in Allender's tryst in the cave? The full range of opinions are evident in the comments. Servant111 is in the extreme with his "slut" label. Personally, I see a lot of gray, not much black and white.

Second thought: is the killing of Parker justified? We know his actions in the cave were unprofessional and ungentlemanly. We know he violated his promise to never contact her again. Was he one of "those" football players who saw himself as especially entitled and above the natural mores and laws? Will he prey on another woman in the future?

Finally: why is anyone confused regarding the two shots that were heard? Daddy said he would "clean up the trash". Presumably that would include obscuring the arrow wounds with a blast down each empty arrow path. Presto! It's a run-of-the-mill shooting, not a less common arrow strike if the corpse is ever found. Daddy is an experienced hunter and would not waste a shot when one would have been adequate to terminate the prick with prejudice.

Randi, great plot, superb writing. I'm not convinced the cheating was justified, but nice try. Seems more like rape of the impaired to me (back to my lawyer thoughts above.) Also, IMO serial rapists are best removed from society; permanently is okay.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story - hallmark of a great writer. The pacing was very good and one gets involved with and cares for the characters. Well done! Forget the trolls!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Great ending.

I would not have wasted two bullets on the guy to shortern his misery.

Just break the arrows off, use his hair to drag him off the trail. strip him. Leave the animals cold and birds to finish him.

Servant111, I hope you can take advice from an old man looking back on the stupidities of his youth.

I hated the young ladies who graced the pages of the magazines I wasted the income I should have spent on my wife and children. Like you I ignored or was ignorant of parts of the bible that did not suport my views. Your use of the rape Tamar suffered gives you away. Tamar did nothing to deserve what happened!

Nor did Allender! Read Romans chapter 2 and reflect on your feelings.

I do sympathise with you though. It's so easy to get worked up about these stories and snatch support from sources that do not really support our views. I would have posted this as a member but I have not used my lit. acc. for so long I have forgotten my login details.

Perils of age!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"She opened a guiding service, and by the time summer arrived she began to get her first clients". Allender is a fast study; she's been there only weeks and has already leaned her way around the territory well enough to guide! Except for that and the unacceptable and unrealistic ending it was an entertaining read.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your comment, Mr. 111. This is what I like to see. I have never had an issue with someone ripping into my stories. Take them apart, dissect the flaws, point out the problems, it's all good.

As long as a comment is about the story, we good. I delete personal attacks. Respectful dislike of a story? Yeah, I like that. Vulgarity and disrespect of me? We got a problem. I got a delete button. I appreciate someone who can dislike a story and still be respectful to the writer.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Not so nice here....I see why you caveat the intro part to this work. I find myself almost viewing this as a fable/allegory The problem is the morphing of the Raines character into a cartoonish snidely whiplash type of architype bad guy.... This problem is a function of the attempt to revitilize the Allender between the first and second parts. In the first part, Allender willingly uses the circumstances to ACTIVELY encourage the sexual union with Raines. Raines does not rape or really seduce her.... Her decisive actions in this matter strongly show SHE is almost seducing Raines. Then like the Amnon/Absalom Story in the bible.. Allender/s intense sexual attraction to Raines...morphs instantly into disgust/rejection. Like Tamar in the bible...Raines is dumped outside the door in the second part and is now an abomination.

Like the biblical story this one centers on a rather bizarre transformation of Allender's internal map. She really cannot face her utter betrayal . She, like a female donkey heat...brayed her overwhelming lust and arousal to Raines.... She absolutely CANNOT face her debauchery... Alleder is faced with almost terminal cognitive dissonance. At the end of the first part and throughout the second part, Allender displays almost a terminal schizophrenic bipolarity.... She is a demonstrated slut of the worst type....yet her internal map is the honorable "warrior princess." would honor her vows to her husband.

She is psychologically trapped here... Both poles of her shattered psyche are at war....and She absolutely cannot face the traditional moral figures of her husband and father...while harboring inner taint of her willing debauchery and betrayal, So she, in effect forces her husband to turh her out...and she Hides in her wilderness to try to purge herself and unite her shattered psyche.

Unfortunately, rather than deal and describe a gradual path towards repentence/inner healing...the author chooses a rather trite shortcut...of displacement... Rather than dealing through the prism of the truths revealed in the first debauched encounter...which is first and foremost due to Allender's surrender to her lusts.... The author now choses to use some rather picayune plot trick of transforming Raines into a situational "rapist." Raines is now transformed into a one dimensional Snidely Whiplash cartoon villian. Now what could have been a really interesting internal transactional analysis as Allender faces and deals with her inner demons....is now moved to a really trite one dimensional OUTWARD revenge resolution.

What I find most disappointing is the denouement where the Father "cleans the mess" through murdering Raines....while Allender runs...this time with her husband... I say disappointing because absolutely nothing has been accomplished by this conclusion.... Allender has not faced...nor has she surmounted ANYTHING. All she has done here is "buried" the evidence of her unfaced and still operational "sin." The story ends with her retreat from that encounter....with absolutely no resolution whatsoever. It is almost a certainty that she will again surrender to her inner lust...because she has not once in this story repented of her betrayal.. Her marriage reconciliation...is an utter sham...because she is still the same slut internally that initiated the first betrayal.

Frankly the real tragic characcter in this story is not Raines or Allender....it is the husband who has apparently accepted her under frankly false pretenses,,, She is unchanged and WILL betray him again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She cheated on the live of her life (ha!!) and got away with it...full stop.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Gripping story-telling and compelling characters. But there is something unsettling about the "good" guys : that is, why must Raines be tracked down and murdered? He poses no ongoing threat to Allender's marriage --- he is easily avoided.

.

Did Raines rape Allender? True, she was in no position to fully consent, but Brian and Allender herself believed Allender to be at least partially responsible. They didn't think it was rape.

.

Raines was unprofessional. He took advantage of a woman who was momentarily vulnerable. He selfishly damaged a marriage. Immoral actions. But which actions were more immoral : seducing a vulnerable, married woman, or executing a man in cold blood?

.

The subtext : Allender's marriage has been tainted by her and Raines's fucking. It is by Allender taking it on herself to track down and (by proxy) kill Raines, that the marriage is cleansed. Again, rather unsettling morally, however satisfying dramatically.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. My favorite of many great Randi stories, and one of my top 10 all time favorites. It's just great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Raines is big and tall and handsome (Allender's description). He is warm and friendly. Her enthusiasms are his enthusiasms. He compliments her on her ability and strength. She is already hanging around him at camp. He is already working on his seduction. While their alone on her hunt he tells her she is beautiful and compliments her on her skill as a huntress and he helps her achieve her dream of a record buck. She is already more than halfway there. Then the storm hits and he saves her. He gets her to shelter and builds the fire. The uncontrollable shivering is a sign of hypothermia and if she is not warmed up it could advance to coma and death. So he shares his body heat, arguably saving her life. She excites herself in her sleep rubbing against his thigh (not a conscious choice on her part). When she realizes and moves to get away he grabs her and uses skills learned with "hundreds of women" to excite her past the point of rational thought and she gives in to her lust. He is big and hard and talented and she comes again and again as does she. Should she have been able to resist. We can think so but I have been with women that acted like they were totally out of control and did not say no to anything, including things that they said they would never do, even actively encouraging things they said were absolutely off limits. The author, a woman, probably knows far better than a man if this is possible or likely. I think, based on experience, the answer is yes.

The point is he used coercion when she tried to stop his advances. Worse, it was physical coercion. Now that is a sexual assault. He is a predator as written and a rapist.

I had a wonderful girlfriend who referred to herself as a slut. She certainly liked sex, different kinds of sex, and lots of it. She didn't cheat or show any inclination in that direction so I started question her on why she thought she was a slut and not a highly sexual young woman. Was she cheating on me or was she available to anyone, anytime? Her reply was no, never. So? Finally, she told me that her first boyfriend who she thought she was in love with came over one Saturday when her parents were out of town and started making out with her. She thought she made her limits clear which were kissing and hugging. No petting. Nothing beyond making out. Then a couple of his friends showed up. They were goofing around. Boyfriend started tickling her. She was laughing, struggling when his friends pinned her hands and feet. The boyfriend got her top off and started working on her nipples, then fingered her until she got excited. She was still saying no and then she stopped resisting. He got her pants off and went down on her until she was crazed. At some point, the other boys were kissing her, kissing her earlobes and neck and sucking her nipples. Finally her boyfriend took her virginity, apparently there little or no pain. They took turns, they took every hole (they even had lube), they kept of the oral sex, they made her airtight and she came over and over and therefore she decided, because she came so much she must be a slut. Three older boys, who knew what they were doing date-raped and gang-raped her and convinced her she was a slut, she wanted is and it was her fault.

The boyfriend acting contrite and apologetic convinced her that he got out of control, that she gave him painful blue balls with her teasing and that he had to have her so his friends helped him. Then she liked it so much they all "helped" her get off over and over. She wouldn't see him again but she was convinced she got it because she was a slut.

Women are not perfect, they get horny, they are attracted to men other than their partners; so don't send your wife out alone into the woods with a large, powerful, charismatic, handsome man that she obviously finds attractive and who is obviously stalking her. Unless you are looking forward to the likely impending drama.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've never been a violent man but my dad always told me to take care of tools, Raines was a tool! Thanks Randi, you add magic to all you touch.

somewhere east of Omaha

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Steep price for poor Raines. Oh well. That family sounds like it has some skeletons, though. Killing comes easy to them.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

First of this story really emphasizes a simple thing, never ever screw with another man's wife, even if she is inviting it. Yes, she screwed up and so did her husband he never should have sent her out alone with another man. It's the husbands job to protect his wife and leaving her alone isn't doing that. Obviously in the story there is a flaw in her moral character and she is making her own hell to punish herself. There are no excuses for cheating the author also believes that in his forward "only moral failure or mental illness can explain cheating" I agree with that. Good story and well written and the preditor guide was a snake and needed to be dealt with. Shooting was a bit extreme but this is the authors story and was well done.

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

ah !!! i am very sorry but this story is not working well for me.

let me explain: I do not like much when the woman does not take responsibility for her actions, and that she blames her lover entirely as is the case here.

She was not abused, raped, or forced. She consented not once but both times.

I love your writing, and I love the women you normally write: beautiful women, smart women, strong women, responsible women, independent women, women who take responsibility for their actions and decisions.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 3 years ago

A bit dark towards the end,

but nicely written, nonetheless.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Wow, quite a story, lets hope her husband never cheats on her. Thanks for the story and kudod to your editors and support staff. Keep writn'

jneric2691jneric2691about 3 years ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 You're one of the finest writers on this site.

chairfanchairfanabout 3 years ago

Interesting way to add redemption by having her try to kill Raines; I think it kind of took it away from her, that she didn't follow through with it though. Would have been more interesting if they both killed him as atonement/revenge.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
One more time

My favorite of all randi's great stories. I can't pass this one by anytime I see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Old school

Justice given out the way it makes an impact.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Author's Dilemma

Can you create an excusable infidelity? Basic causes of cheating do include the author's moral lapse and mental (I'll add physical) illness. Is it cheating if coercion or incapacitation is present? Now, how about if the incapacitation is caused by the "victim's" action such as drug use or drinking too much? An interesting dilemma...

Now let's consider the situation in the story. Do you believe All would have allowed a finger or pecker in her honey hole if the warm body she was weather-trapped with was a 13yo? Ugly? Smells bad? What is her guilt then? Same questions regarding Raines - what if the shivering female was a 13yo girl? His sister? His mother? What if there was one more person in the cave...?

Ah, the conundrum of the details.

Well written story, extremely well edited, easy to read, and very enjoyable. Thank you.

Keep 'em comin'.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Hi Takeshi3,

I think that if the sex were not good the spouse would not complete the act of cheating since they obviously have feelings for their husband/wife and got caught up in the moment.

Takeshi3Takeshi3almost 4 years ago

This genre aint for me at all but youre an author I really like so I thought Id skim through this. I’ll say this on the these types if stories where the wife cheats and is either immediately regretful or gets caught and begs for forgiveness, the problem is and maybe this relates to you also not liking this story, is that for whatever reason when they cheat its always the best sex they’ve ever had. Which is almost like a validating prospect since hey you’re a cheater, but at least the sex was amazing, I get that these are sex stories so it’s supposed include good sex but it kinda seems a bit counterintuitive to tell a story about how awful cheating is and how it ruins lives while also writing the sex the cheater has as amazing and intense.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
One of your best

Raines behavior was unforgivable. What he did amounted to rape. Allender's behavior did indeed expose a character flaw. I can't quite equate her response to being under the influence of a date rape drug.

Then again, life is harsh in the wilderness. Survival paramount. Justice is swift.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 4 years ago

The argument that A was as guilty as Raines is invalid. This is illuded to through the confrontation between Raines and his partner. He used the old “get naked to get warm ploy.” That’s crap. Guides go well prepared for emergencies, including radios to call for help. As well as emergency shelters set up for the types of things that happened in this story. No, Raines planned all this, denying A the shelter which drove the situation where he wanted it to go. This was a planned rape. He’d probably done it before.

imanononeimanononeabout 4 years ago
Liked the story but......................

Raines didn't deserve being killed. Hopefully, Allender's father was faking them out and Raines wasn't killed or perhaps Raines shot A's father, which would have been a much more moral and just act than Raines being killed by father. Arguably, Raines did not take advantage of A. She willingly got nude with him, rubbed against him, even dry (probably wet) humped him and people blame him. It was a mutual deal (although I will admit that he should have resisted.I probably could have resisted as I have done in the past with women I felt were inebriated or would regret it). But A willingly did it and it is implied that she continued after the first times she did it and realized she was cheating.

Thereafter, Raines keeps his word and does not contact A until some vigilantes (aka father and husband, the great white hunters) decide to set him up. Then, Raines believing that A is single and fair game calls her and she decides to hunt him down and kill him like an animal (much worse moral offense than her cheating). But her father comes on the scene and decides he will kill an innocent man himself and add him to his trophies. Just my opinion and probably a minority opinion. I believe that A and her father have severe mental and moral issues and need some kind of professional help.Very much more than Raines. Of course father and daughter should and would be charged and convicted of murder if caught. The above doesn't mean this was a bad story. I gave it a 4. Writing superb, plot until the ending was good, ending ruined it unless you are into gratuitous violence.

anon.1

P. S. I keep looking for more of Randi's stories and hope she posts soon.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 4 years ago
Damn straight.

Left for the wolves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Re: 26thNC 1/29/19

That's telling them! Read this story a long time back and apparently didn't comment for some reason, so I'll say it now. I liked the story and Allender too, the old saying about people who live in glass houses shouldn't fit here. You are also correct about Randi, she is a class act to communicate with. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Unfortunate

A sad set of circumstances leads to Allender having sex with Raines. BUT, it was in her sleep that she wrapped herself around him and when she woke and tried to disengage, he forced his fingers in her and virtually raped her. Almost didn't read this story but being a Blackrandi1958 offering I knew it had to redeem itself! 5*s.but it deserved one last paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Rubyredlips

He didn’t have to fuck her!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The end.

That's one way to take care of a problem. Death has such a finality about it.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Reading again. Out of so many great stories to choose from this is my favorite from Randi. I don't know why,but it just appeals to my sense of justice. Great reading to fall back on when even HDK and Amyyum stories are overwhelmed by the other mediocrity in LW.

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsover 4 years ago
Characterization

All else in the story aside, I just didn't get the vibe from the author that Raines was really a predator at any time. That makes what was done to him at the end pretty puzzling and discordant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
az egyik legjobb..

Az általam ismert történetek közül az egyik legjobb volt ,5 csillagot adtam,eddig talán összesen9FTeNx a literotikában ez a harmadik amit így értékeltem! Gratulálok!

blackknight314blackknight314over 4 years ago
A great story.

It's obviously thought provoking, thus the variety of comments. Hubby and dad were testing her, but him as well. If he had kept his word...

I loved the story and couldn't put it down.

I love your style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very nice

People hated her!! Seriously, people make mistakes all the time, I loved her and her hubby and dad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Far Away Eyes, @sbrooks, etc

Thanks @sbrooks for correcting my gaff. I was too busy hatin' on the hubby to remember that the conspiracy began with HER father and not his. I actually remember their meeting at this point (still haven't re read it).

Unfortunately, the corrected facts can't take the stain away from the murder. It's just creepy and it casts a pall over things.

Of course it can be argued that All herself is the killer. Not sure if he could have survived had she had a change of heart drilling him with two arrows.

A friend is a bow hunter who has described these hunts to me and also mentioned that these arrows are specifically made to cause huge blood loss and tissue damage so the likelihood for Raines' survival would be about nil without an idling helicopter and a skilled surgical team.

The resulting issue for All's karma is that she takes revenge on Raines for only one reason: he was tricked into contacting her. Can't remember exactly what she said when she warned him after the sex occurred, but as written he had no intention of following up with her.

There's a lot of negative things that happened in the story and Allender getting great sex isn't one of them. Perhaps hubby has become somewhat less culpable for other sins committed here. But I am biased against him due to his lassaiz faire marital style. Except for getting Allender to say Yes, it hasn't done that much for him.

Thanks to all. Good night and God bless :)))))))

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
@sbrooks

Thanks, then there must be some exaggeration on my part :)) I'll read it again. I like randi's stuff, but w some reservations.

I remember some omen or other in the words, either hubby or the writer, and thinking he was a fool for pushing her off w mountain man. By his own words, though, he was too lazy to do what his wife learned how to do with a bow.

When he gets even lazier and starts puttin on the pounds someday and becoming a tv watching couch walrus will he give her a peck on the cheek as she heads out to mountain man's camp to hunt without him?

As for shooing her off, in word or deed he's a shooer.

My problem with these men is their abstract ideas about "trusting" their women. It's like a disease. It ain't about trust as much as simply not stacking the cards against yourself and your relationship. If she's gotta go on sales trips, etc,then fine, call it trust if you want - just learn to keep a cool head. By why throw your gal to the wolves and pat yourself on the back about how "trusting" you are? Whatever.

He was a fool to not share her talent and ambition that day. At any rate, his surfeit of "trust" caught up with him under some fairly predictable circumstances. Gee wiz, who would have thunk it - a snow storm in the back country with a tent or shelter nearby???

As far as who killed the guy, daddy or his son, it didn't matter much to me. Like father like son. The son definitely seems weak with his maundering and moaning. But killing the guy is extremely trashy. There was no struggling couple w kiddies in the burbs, etc. In that case a near-death beat down would be appropriate. But in this case the killing doesn't ring true.

Then again mountain man would have died anyway in a couple few hours had she not finished him off. I guess she warned him, but he was tricked into the trashy father's passive aggressive games.

Mountain man doesn't come off like a creepy, experienced predator - maybe of elk. On the contrary he laid his cards on the table in a rather admirable way, so I don't like his killing.

And while I'm at it :)) good god, five months. As written hubby is kind of a weenie. By all means tell her to go to hell, but his plan of pushing her off while he licks his wounds season after season is not the smart play. I mean, what? He should have taken off his pink panties and sucked it up. Remember, she was a one of a kind, insanely hot dreamgal from mars....

F.I.V.E.M.O.N.T.H.S. ...that's just too long to sit there simmering. Now they're all killers and have that over the relationship.

I'll read this one over, but in my opinion Hubby fucked up.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "The Girl With The Far Away Eyes"

Did you read the same story I did? He didn't "shoo" her off - they were after different game.

And it was HER father not his that finished off Raines!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The Girl With The Far Away Eyes

I blame the cry baby hubby for this. He's the one that shoe'd her off into the great unknown with the big-dicked mountain man. Back country ain't no place for yer white picket fence-plans and Ward and June Cleaver. Nope.

Some would say when you're looking at eternity like she was, your whole being will trick you into reproducing before you croak. She was and she did. And lord ha' mercy she nearly crossed the river Styx with that man's meatpole alone, forget everything else that happened.

As time goes by, Crybaby will start to recognize that far away look in her eyes. He won't know just what the hell he's lookin' at, though! You don't think she told him the details, do you? That he's a bench warmer to the ghost of her mountain man.

And isn't it selfish of these cheaters to unburden themselves on their spouses, and with zero provocations? Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, girl.

If hubby weren't so lazy (by his own admission) he would have accompanied her on that bow hunt and shared in her talent and ambition as a hunter. But nooooooo, he threw out some faerie dust and sent her off. What a moron.

But why the murder? Raines is about the truest character in the story. Hubby and his killer daddy all but admit by their own actions that Raines is stronger and better and a true threat to his own marriage.

Yes, this story would fair better without this element. If hubby is the spawn of the man who blithely says he's "taking out the trash" when he kills a more or less innocent man then he is damaged meat himself.

Takes Two To Tango, mister crybaby. Women can't help thinking Why didn't he fight for me - no matter what the circumstances (now repeat that ten times to yourself, or until you realize it's the truth). She tells him that she let the guy have her and he tells her I Hate You. So she's gone....with no fight from mister crybaby.

She oughta look up mountain man's brother or cousin and get away from her husband and his trashy family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
*

As one bigly smart dude would say:

Totally clears the Wife. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I feel bad for Raines

Raines AND Allender gave in to each other. Raines kept his promise to never contact her because she was married. Husband and FIL set Raines up and Raines contacted Allender only after he found out she and her husband were separated. Of course he would. Allender was everything he wanted in a woman...but then she goes and hunts him down because she had a "character flaw." Sorry, the plot just didn't work for me. Raines is probably the only innocent one here. The other 3 are murderers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I read this one back then and enjoyed it. I always wished it had taken a more standard route to a resolution though. A more realistic route I guess with the couple actually having to hash out their shit rather than the crazy ass LW route where they hunt down the guy she slept with like it was all his fault. Fuckin psychos. lol. Still enjoyed it though.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 5 years ago
Eloquent

But creepy..... dry creepy

Cal59Cal59about 5 years ago
Different

Yeah I have to admit it but I sort of liked Allender too

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories