All's Fair

Story Info
A good buddy and a local fair lead to some Summer Lovin'.
8.7k words
4.71
7k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PMDlite
PMDlite
191 Followers

Hope you enjoy this story for the Summer Lovin' Story Contest 2022. A vote and comment would certainly be welcome! Any similarity between this story and real life are certainly coincidental! Enjoy!

*

The poster looked just like the others that appeared on the telephone poles every year as summer hit its peak.  Printed in bright colors that faded about the time the advertised event was over, on coarse cardboard that deteriorated even faster if we got unseasonable rain.   "MONROE COUNTY FAIR '' it screamed in what we would call 'SHOUTING' if it were on a digital screen.  Back then it was just headline type.

Janey was my neighbor, living about four houses down the block and my 'walk to school buddy' since, well, since we had begun school, so a dozen years or so.  Even when we got our drivers' licenses, we still picked each other up, alternating the driving.  Now we were graduated from high school and about to head off to different paths.  College for me (if I avoided the draft when the numbers were determined later in the year) and Janey off to a nursing program at a local hospital.  Our eighteenth year and our last summer as buddies, we had joked.   We didn't know how true that was going to be.

The Monroe County Fair was like hundreds of other small town fairs around the country.  Food contests, lots of games you could hardly ever win, junk food of questionable origin but with incredible taste and carnival rides that had probably seen better days on better circuits, but groaned and creaked on.  They looked a whole lot better after dark when their neon disguises took hold.  Everything looks better with neon.

I knew a little more about the rides than most.  For the last two years I had made a little extra money when the carnival group came into town by helping to assemble the mechanical monsters.  Tilt-a-whirl, the octopus, Salt 'n Pepper, the Merry-go-'round and the Ferris Wheel.  It was hard work, they had to be rebuilt every time they came to a new town, and local boys, like me, provided the labor.  We weren't given any engineering duties for obvious reasons.  Each machine had its own tender or 'boss'.  Some just pointed at the pile of metal and had you figure things out.  Others like Anthony were hands on and actually instructed the assembly and inspected the parts as it came together.  He handled the Ferris wheel.  

We not only got instruction, but also a history lesson while working for Anthony.  "You know, the Ferris wheel is named for the inventor.  George Ferris made the first one of these for the 1893 Exposition in Chicago.  Most people think it is called Ferris because it is made of iron, you know 'ferrous' like in Latin?  F E is the symbol for iron."  He spelled out the two letter symbol.  A history and a chemistry lesson combined.  He always told that story while we assembled his machine.  And he always laughed at it.  "Funny how the inventor and the metal have names that sound alike.  What is that, when things sound alike and mean different things?  I think it is onomatopoeia.  A good word, no matter what.  Just like saying it."  And he'd chuckle.

This year I was prepared.   He told his History/Chemistry story, but I was ready for the grammar lesson.  "Homonym" I said.  "Ferris and ferrous would be homonyms.  They sound alike, but have two different meanings."  I questioned my decision to correct Anthony as soon as I had said it.  His look indicated it was his story and he would tell it.

"You sure 'bout that?   It's just that onomatopoeia is such fun to say.  And homonym, well, it has 'homo' right in it."  The rest of the crew, many of my former classmates, chuckled.  "I guess I will have to look that one up.   "Back to work, all of youse.  I'm not paying you to hear me spout off.  Get those buckets put together.  I'll be by to check on 'em."

We had worked until two that morning, but the big wheel was ready to go.  Anthony had checked each bolt, pin and arm for any signs of wear.  We got paid in cash when we left.  Not a fortune, but a few extra bucks never hurt.  And a good workout.  One of my goals for the fall was to be in good shape and have a few extra funds for going off to college.  This activity checked off two boxes.  It didn't make my arms hurt any less when I woke up the next day.  I dressed and decided to walk down to the coffee shop rather than make a cup of coffee at home.  It turned out Janey had the same idea.  I hadn't seen her in about a month, she had gone on a vacation with her family and I had done a little trip as well.

"I was hoping I'd see you today. I heard you talked back to Anthony on the Ferris wheel last night.  Bold move.  Surprised you still have all your fingers."  Janey had already heard the story.  "How come you can't be like the others and just nod and say 'uh-huh'?  No, you always have to correct people and how they talk.  Or write."

"So, what did you hear?   Yes, it is my habit, I guess.  Now you see why I am going to major in English.  Or public relations.  Something involving writing.  Maybe they will teach me about timing and when not to say the right thing.  You look good today."  I decided to change the subject.

"Why, thanks for noticing.  What did I hear?  You know how stories get changed as they are retold.  What's that old game? 'Whisper down the lane'?  Anyway, the first story was that you called Anthony a 'homo'.  I didn't think that sounded right, so I asked someone who was actually there.  He said he thought you called him a 'troll'.  A hominid or something like that.  So, what the hell did you say?"  Janey always gave it to me straight.  I could always find out the best gossip and she always had several sources.  If nursing didn't work out, I would suggest that she go into reporting.

"Wow.  That is pretty good.   I told him that using Ferris and ferrous, you know the name and the metal, was an example of a homonym.  Not the onomatopoeia he said it was."  I decided to try once more to change the topic.  "Are you doing something different with your hair?  New top?  Something is different.   In a good way."

"Nope.  Nothing much new.  But I appreciate the compliment.  Nice to hear them."  She winked and continued.   "So, the boss is telling his story.  The one he tells every time the ride gets set up, and you tell him he has been telling it wrong?  Or at least using the wrong word?  That takes a pair, Bill.  A pair of brass ones."  Now it was her turn to change the subject.  "Are you going to go to the fair?  I can't decide.  It might be the last one.  At least my last one.  I doubt that I will be staying here, or if I do, I will be a little busy during the summer."

I had thought about that as well.  This could be my last county fair.  Over the years, I had taken a few girlfriends to the fair, but most of the time it had been Janey and me going to the fair.  As an extension of the 'walk-to-school buddy' relationship.  "Well, if it is going to be the last one, yes, I do plan to go.  And I think it would be only fitting if we went together."  Somehow I just blurted that out.

"Why Bill Davies.   Do you mean like a date?  Going to the fair as a couple?  I never thought I would hear that!  But sure.  I would love to go to the fair with you.  Call me later with details.  Gotta run, bye."  And she was off before I could figure out a response or even understand what had just happened.  But there could be worse things.  I had a date for the fair.

I had a couple of summer jobs.  Busboy at a local restaurant and several evenings at a gas station 'pumping ethyl' as my boss always liked to say before he slapped me on the back and laughed.  At both locations the word had already spread about my calling the Ferris wheel guy a 'homo'.  After I clarified the rampant version, I had the feeling people liked their version better.  I hoped I wouldn't run into Anthony during the remainder of the carnivals' stay.  It was a busy day at both of my jobs, so I really didn't have much time to dwell on that.  I spent more time clearing tables and checking oil.  My arms were better, but still sore by the time I returned home.

Have you ever had one of those days where you are tired and need to sleep, but you feel too tired to sleep?  And you can't quite seem to turn your brain off?  If so, you have an idea of how I was as I fell into bed.  I ran through the day's events while staring at the ceiling.  Work. The late night at the carnival setup.  Coffee with Janey.  Right, the 'date'.  What was different about Janey?  I still couldn't quite place it.  Mentally I went over her image.  About the third time through, I thought I had it.  She had lost weight and had 'filled out' a bit.  That was it, I was sure of it.  I got up and went to my desk where I had my yearbooks and some photos.  I was sure I could find evidence of my theory in them.   Sure enough after a quick thumb through the class yearbooks I found Janey's picture.  One in the health group showed her head to toe and she definitely had lost weight.  And gained curves.  Granted, school pictures were designed to be as asexual as possible, but even accounting for that, Janey had definitely blossomed.  "Damn.  My buddy has tits."  I mumbled to myself.

I tumbled back into bed with validation of my observation.  And the image of Janey presented itself.  Different from previous times.  This time she had no shirt on and resembled the women in the magazine I kept stashed under my mattress.  I felt a familiar stirring in my shorts.  That was familiar, but the image that stirred it was not.  My imagined image of Janey bare chested had started blood engorging my cock as I lay in bed imagining her firm tits with nice hard nipples awaiting my touch, some fondling, perhaps a kiss and some sucking.  I had definitely gotten to 'second base' with other girls on dates, but it was usually very dark, in the backseat of a car and with multiple layers of clothes.   Here were two firm breasts out in the open, awaiting my response.  

My response was simple.  My cock had hardened and I grasped it in my hand and began to stroke it.  Closing my eyes, I imagined Janey's reaction.  Probably a bit of horror coupled with curiosity and, I hoped, a bit of her own desire.  I started to wonder about a real life version of the scene and dismissed it.  Why ruin a great friendship?  I would just continue the fantasy.  I stroked firmly, going from base to tip with  an increasing pace. I could feel it harden more and the ridges of veins stood out on the shaft.  I reached for the towel I kept by the bed for such occasions.  In my fantasy Janey removed her panties and offered them to me as a cum towel.  That thought urged me on and I felt myself approaching climax.  Rapidly approaching.  I raised up and stroked faster, and was rewarded by a gush of cum.  The first thick white rope spurted from the tip of my dick to my chest.  It was followed by another and yet another.  My ass was tight as I came harder than I had in quite a while.  My image of a naked Janey observed my ending with a fascinated look, one of approval.   I cleaned myself off and went into the bathroom to wash off a bit.  I wondered if Janey would have viewed my activity in that way or just been disgusted.   I didn't wonder for long.  My jacking off had the desired effect of clearing my head (both of them) and I was nearly asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow upon returning to bed.

I called Janey mid-morning the next day, before I headed off to the restaurant.  I had thought about going to the coffee shop, but wasn't sure she would be there and I definitely wasn't sure if I wanted to see her in person after having 'seen' her the night before.  The image of her and her imagined awesome breasts might have been too much to handle first thing in the morning.  I felt my dick nod in agreement.  I figured I needed to give this new image a little time to become less arousing.  

Janey answered the phone.  "Hello?"

"Hi Janey, It's, uh Bill."  Back then we didn't have answering machines, caller ID or any of the conveniences we have become so used to having.  It was 'bare knuckles take a chance pick up' whenever the phone rang. "You said to call you with details?  I guess this really is a date.  And if it is, I guess we should plan it rather than our usual 'hey, I'll see you when I see you' kind of thing.  So, what's your pleasure?   Friday night or Saturday?"  I rambled when I was nervous.  Another good reason for not doing this in person.  I could shift from leg to leg without appearing nervous or like I had a weak bladder.

"Good.  You remembered!  I was half afraid that you didn't take me seriously.  I mean, well, you know.  We've never actually been on a date.  I mean a date date.  With plans and stuff."

I figured she was as nervous as I was.  Hmmm.  Maybe she had some of the same feelings I had.  Seeing me in a different way.  "Oh, I took it seriously.  And you are right.  New territory for us, but we're still the same two people, right?  Buddies.  Just buddies on a date."  What the hell did that even mean?  Babbling again.  "But what is better for you?  Friday or Saturday.  I can make either work.  7 o'clock?  I figure it is close enough we could just walk over, or should I drive."  Details were hard.  The old routine of 'whatever happens, happens' seemed so much easier.

"How about Saturday.  Gives them time to work out some of the kinks with the rides.  We will know which food vendors have fresh stuff and get the scoop on which games are fixed.  Seven works great, pick me up, like a real date.   By the way.  I plan to wear something blue.  I know you always made fun of those couples we would see wearing matching outfits.  Just figured I'd mention that.  I have to run, glad you caught me!   Bye, Bill."  The line went dead as she hung up.

Wow.  She really had thought this through a bit more than I had imagined.  I wouldn't have thought about what color to wear.  It was more "What's clean?".  This was going to be an honest to goodness date.  Saturday was good.  It gave me a n extra day to get comfortable with the idea of dating my girl buddy.  Interesting.  I should be comfortable, after all, no one knew me better than Janey and I knew her better than any other girl.  We could talk about anything and had.  Maybe my nerves were because this mattered.  I didn't want to lose that relationship because of another.  I decided I was overthinking it and got ready to head off to work.

The next several days went by quickly.  Mainly because I had scheduled work both Thursday and Friday to leave Saturday open.  I decided I might make it a whole day with Janey, even taking her to lunch.  Or a picnic.  If we were going to have a date, then by all means, we should have a date.  It would be a first date, but with someone who knew me like a sister.  I decided not to use that analogy.  Mood killer for sure.  Not to mention an erection killer.  Took all the starch out of the sail as one of my bosses always said.  Definitely not a sister.  Knew me like we had gone out a lot.  That worked better.  I'd go with that.  A quick call and Janey and my date got extended.   A picnic at the local state park was added to our mix.   The best thing was, the restaurant where I worked offered a complete picnic to go.  Returnable basket, chicken, potato salad, drinks, even cake!.  All I needed was a blanket.  And Janey.

Saturday arrived and I was a little nervous, but overall happy.  Happy it was finally here.  I wanted another look at the new Janey to see what else I may have missed.  It had only been a month since we had seen each other, but the clothes from late spring hid a lot more than the shorts and t shirts we lived in during summer.  I opted for a collared shirt, a polo shirt.  In red.  Janey was right.  I really wasn't a guy who liked dress alike couples that used pet names like "booboo" or "snuggles".  Not my style at all.  Not sure what my style was, but that definitely wasn't it.

I stopped by the restaurant and got the picnic basket and drove to Janey's house and picked her up.  She was out of the house and I could have sworn she was bouncing along the sidewalk.  I had planned to get out and open the door for her, but she was too quick and I decided that would have seemed a bit pretentious.  She wore a light cotton dress, blue.  I guess you would call it a sundress, halter top, mid thigh skirt.  A new look for her, at least when I was around.  I was used to jeans or shorts and a bulky sweater in winter or a loose sweatshirt.  My observation was definitely right, she had lost weight and gained some in the right places.  Besides her chest, I noticed her legs and her butt.  Definite curves.  How had I missed that?  "Hi.   Ready for our picnic?   I'm counting it as our first date.  That means tonight is the second.  Cute dress."

"Hi back.  Okay, who are you and what have you done with Bill Davies?  I mean this is like the third compliment you have given me in a week.  That's probably three times the compliments you have ever given me.  But thanks, I'm not complaining, far from it.  Glad you noticed.  I told you I was going to wear blue."  She sat back in her seat while I pulled out of the drive.  "I don't know.  I don't think one day counts as two dates.  Especially on a Saturday.  I'm going with one."

I decided to let the comment go.  What did it matter?  I decided to turn my focus to a beautiful day being spent with an old friend who had repackaged herself.  I had come to the conclusion that person hadn't changed, but her look had.  "Well, one or two, I plan to enjoy it.  We haven't hung out in a long time.  Probably close to two months.  And I figured out what was different about you.  You've lost weight.  Or redistributed it, or something.  But it looks great."  I stared straight ahead as I drove toward the park.

"As I said before.  What have you done with Bill Davies?  Yes, I have lost weight.  I decided that if I were going to be in a health field, I should practice what I preached and have been eating healthier and exercising more.  Thank you for noticing.  You don't know what that does for my ego and how reinforcing that is."

"Well, you are welcome.  That makes sense.  And I guess that is what buddies should do, give each other support.  Besides, we have always been able to tell each other anything.  We've had some pretty interesting conversations while walking to school, haven't we?"  I turned into the park entrance.  "Almost here.  Hungry?"

"I could eat." She looked over at me.  "Don't tell me you cooked something.  That would really freak me out."

I spied an open picnic table not far from the parking area that would be perfect for us to eat and talk.  I decided I wanted to know more about her new diet and regimen.  After all, it fit with one of my goals before I headed off to college.

The picnic went well.  The food was good, the conversation was fine.  We caught up on the past few months, talked some about plans and even a few worries.  It was mid afternoon and we had finished lunch.  We split one of the pieces of cake because I had learned that one of Janey's adjustments was limiting sugar.  I figured I would save the other piece.  Cake is cake.  Janey caught me by surprise with her next comment.

"I guess if we went home, then it would be two dates when we go to the fair tonight.  So how about we make out a bit before we head to the fair?  Her gaze was intense, not wavering.  She was definitely serious.

I answered like any young male with a pulse would have answered.  "Sure.  I mean yes.  Since we are changing things up, I think that sounds great.  I know just the place. "My mind was racing.  So was my pulse.  I flashed back to the night I had 'discovered' Janey's breasts.  Now there was a chance to discover them in the flesh as it were.  I pumped the brakes on my thoughts.  "And by 'making out', you mean some kissing, maybe a bit more?"

PMDlite
PMDlite
191 Followers