Aloysius Li Washington, Ch. 03

Story Info
Li and Evan meet again and agree to long term trial.
8.8k words
4.54
1.2k
3
2

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/22/2023
Created 09/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aloysius Lionel (Li) Washington, Ch 03

Li and Evan meet again and agree to a long term trial.

Author's Notes: This is an imaginary work of fiction. Currently three chapters have been written and edited. References to specific schools, firms, and athletic teams are coincidental to the story. The fictional law firm described in this story is the same at which Mark Eagleheart, a protagonist in "Steven and the Noble Savage", works. ("Steven" is another story previously published on Literotica. Mark is a major character in this chapter, setting up the "Steven" story for future chapters in Washington, D.C.) As is typical in my stories, character development and description precede sexual activity--so it's sometimes a slow burn, although intense when it finally happens. All characters engaged in sexual activities are over 18, as should be any reader where local law so requires. By the way, I have appreciated all of your comments--including those that made constructive suggestions. © 2023, all rights reserved. Brunosden

[In Ch 01, Li and Evan met; in Ch. 02 they demonstrated their athletic skills and began what promises to be a long satisfying hook, maybe more. But, Evan lives in Boston and Li is currently interning in Washington. At the end of Ch 02, there some tentative commitments were made, and Evan returned temporarily to Boston.]

Li returned to the "grind" at RansomWalker--if that is it what it could be called.

His next week was a trial. It was his litigation associate rotation. Tom Ryan called early Monday. They would have three depositions at the end of the week. Li needed to prepare for and be present at all three.

The case was "typical"--a class action against an insurance client, an RW client. They had been sued for repeatedly denying coverage to policy holders. The class action alleged a hundreds of unjustified denials of contractual benefits for which premiums had been paid. The depositions had two purposes only: intimidate the witnesses with the power of big law and break the class, by creating idiosyncratic circumstances for each of the plaintiffs. (The latter strategy argued that there was really no class; these were individual plaintiffs with unique claims who needed to hire their own counsel--a nearly impossible task in modern complex litigation.)

Li knew the drill. He studied the files. He knew the answers the deponent would give. His job was to get them on the record so they could be used in motions or for impeachment of testimony in the unlikely event they went to trial. The first witness/plaintiff was a single mother with a large family, living in subsidized DC housing. She had a full time job as an LPN at DC General, but the wages still had her below the poverty line. The hospital provided health and prescription drug insurance as part of her salary to supplement the Medicaid that she qualified for. But, she had been repeatedly denied an important drug, not because of anything she had done, but because she had a 15 year old son, still nominally living at home, with a juvenile felony indictment over his head.

DC Medicaid, crafted by Congressmen with constituents far away, had an archaic rule: no one received treatment or prescription drugs covered by DC Medicaid if they were living with a felon. Another obscure rule had determined that indicted minors were "felons" for most purposes of welfare benefits--even if never tried--the pseudo-rationale being that most minors, even if they commit felonies, typically do not go to trial and are never convicted.

Insurance companies took their cues from legislation like Medicare and Medicaid--particularly if it gave them the ability to deny coverage. The law was probably unconstitutional (disqualifying X for benefits because of an association with Y, who had been charged, but never tried or convicted), but no one had had the time and money to challenge it yet. Moreover, the claims had not been made under Medicaid--the mother had a group employer policy.

So Mama was denied a life-preserving drug, because her son, indicted three years ago for drug trafficking (when he was only 12), but never prosecuted, was a "felon"--and because she gave him a bed. She had a choice: pay the rent or buy the expensive drugs and live.

The purpose of the deposition was clear: establish the facts, legally disqualifying the mother, while calling into question the entire class. "Mama" had a unique problem. Few of the other class members had been disqualified for insurance coverage because of the Medicaid "felon minor" provision. Thre were dozens of reasons, repeated ad nauseam by claims adjusters paid by the insurer.

And Li's presence at the depo was equally clear: a famous black man was on the side of the law, or at least the side of the pharmaceutical insurance company. Li was disgusted, but he knew what was expected. At this point in his life, he was going to play along, get along. His time with Evan began to fade into the past. He had gone from the ecstasy of bedding a hunk to the pits of unfair (but legal) use of legal procedure to destroy a poor mother.

Later in the week, the deposition took place. The woman, who reminded Li of his own, was crushed. At the end, she even wept--and pled for the drugs that would save her life--not for herself, but so she could care for her children still at home. The partner congratulated Li on his performance--he had been relegated to asking a few qualifying questions--but Li was distressed. He was pretty sure that he couldn't do this again or for a living.

There was to be another similar deposition later that week. Li wasn't sure he could handle it. He wanted to talk--to a peer, not a firm mentor. So he asked Pete to join him for a drink that afternoon. After work, Pete and Li went to a local pub--not the one where they would likely find other summer associates--although finding any late afternoon watering hole in DC without a majority of lawyers at the bar was nearly impossible.

Li described the deposition. Pete knew all about it. He had already done his litigation rotation and had heard about the case. "I know that working for a big firm means that usually you're on the side of big corporate America. And I guess I'm coming to the conclusion that as a black, I'm going to be 'token.' And as a former pro player, I'm going to be 'arm-candy.' Any time a person of color is involved, they'll call on me for validation. How can I live with myself if I do this? And how can I pay off the student loans if I don't? I thought I could walk a middle line and live with myself, but I'm beginning to wonder whether that is ever possible. Where are you on all this, Pete?"

"Both of us have had some extraordinary opportunities and experiences. We've both taken our knocks, but we nevertheless seem to have pulled through. Very few of our peers get all those chances. I have always reasoned with myself that I could handle some years as a highly paid associate, pay off my loans, marry, and put together a down-payment on a house while picking up the courtroom skills that we all need. Then, I can move to something I can feel comfortable doing. I know this is a rationale that every young lawyer optimist uses. And of course, many never stop trying for the brass ring and the pot of gold. Habits form easily--particularly habits that cost a lot of money to maintain. The system has trapped all of us."

"Maybe we'll get lucky and find a partner who will understand and support us when we decide to make the jump. But maybe we'll die in a three piece suit in a corner office. I think my Patricia Anne, studying nursing at BU is potentially that partner. My own solution is to demand the opportunity to do something good--from the very beginning, even if that means that I've taken myself off the partner track. I probably wouldn't want a partnership anyway, at least not in a place like this. Even if it means that I lead two lives: one at the office; another, nights and weekends. At least I'll be able to live with myself. I can't help anymore than that. I think you probably agree. You can handle it for awhile."

"Now let's change the subject. How about you and Evan? He's a terrific guy and closer to me than anyone else in the world. You know already that he was a baseball star at Northeastern. He pledged a frat and was soon its president. He joined student government and was, senior year, its president. After graduation, he felt he needed to give some time to our country--so he became a Marine. Four years later and years in the desert, he had a chest with enough colored ribbons to brighten any room.

He's good at marketing. But he hasn't allowed his job to consume him. He's really into mentoring young kids who don't have the advantages we've had. He probably didn't tell you that he spends two nights a week tutoring. He's also a baseball coach in season on Saturdays at the Y. He loves kids--and they love him. He's down to earth, not full of himself, and knows how to talk--and to listen. I'm guessing the weekend was pretty good. I wouldn't expect less of Evan. I've known for years that he is gay, but you were a surprise. I hadn't guessed."

Li realized that Pete was selling, but he was ready to buy. "It was probably the best two days I've ever had. Your brother is one of the nicest people I've ever met--and one of the sexiest. So good, that I've invited him back in two weeks. And I'm thinking of inviting him to spend time with me back in Boston. We share a love of sports, seem to be attuned politically, and there's no question that we are sexual magnets to each other. No one can ever be sure, but I think we may be in this for a longer run."

"I'm happy for you--and of course for Evan. Evan is a very good man. He is exactly the kind of partner that you will need if your plans to jump from big law to public interest law can happen. Evan would support you in that decision--in fact he'd probably help you to make it. But, be prepared. You'll be coaching basketball at the Y before Christmas. He's very persuasive."

"Don't I know it. He's the first guy I've ever let touch my ass. By the way, it should be obvious: we are going to keep this quiet until we've both had a chance to see how our relationship develops. I can't afford to be outed until I'm sure that I have a good solid reason, a potential partner, to justify the risks."

"My lips are sealed about you. I don't think anyone suspects. I'm just very sensitive to Evan. I know when he's horny--and it was so obvious to me when you were together that he was in deep. He's always stood up for me. I love him and would do anything to see him happy. If that's with you, I'd be really pleased for both of you."

"By the way, I'm a little surprised that you didn't know that my buddy, Mark Eagleheart--the other star in the game yesterday--is gay, and out. I thought many people in the firm already knew that. If you decide on RW, I don't think being out of the closet is going to be an issue. All they demand, Mark tells me, is discretion."

"Mark has invited me to join a bunch of RW associates in Rehoboth next weekend. I can get you an invitation if you're interested. Our game this week is Thursday night--so the weekend is free, and if Evan is not available...."

"A beach weekend may be just what I need. And it would give me a chance, maybe, to talk with Mark about his experiences here. You aren't trying to match-make, are you Pete? Did Evan say something to you that he didn't to me?"

"Relax. No hidden agenda. Just an idle thought. It's pretty obvious that you and Evan already have something going. But, we haven't talked since last weekend. I wouldn't dare try to derail you--or hurt my brother. We are practically twins. I love him."

********

Pete later mentioned to Mark that Li might like an invitation to the beach house. Mark was thrilled. He had taken to Li immediately after the first baseball game--and last Sunday's win and brunch had given him a chance to talk with Li. He really wanted Li to accept an offer--and if spending a weekend together at the beach was going to help, he'd make it happen. He was pretty sure he could juggle time with Steve and some serious recruiting of both Li and Pete into the weekend. After all, Steve worked for long stretches every day during a typical weekend.

The weekend was quickly confirmed. Mark's BMW could not handle three guys--particularly when two of them were as large and tall as he and Li. So Pete was invited to join another associate who was also driving. Li and Pete would share a room since the cottage was going to be packed on this, the first weekend in August.

The weeks after Evan left didn't pass as quickly as Li had hoped. He and Evan talked almost every night, usually by Zoom so that they had laptop screens large enough to handle their erections. Evan turned out to be a great sex-talker. He could probably make a living if he created a blog, or sold his shtick on the internet. He was able to voice over his jacking with guttural sounds, interspersed with joking comments. And he came big time--twice even right on the lens, causing a "white out." By the second night, Evan had found a large black dildo--the largest that Li had ever seen. Evan lubed it and inserted it, while Li drooled in envy. "I wish that plug were part of me, Evan." Evan began to use it to stimulate himself. He pushed it in and out and moved it over his prostate repeatedly. His cock darkened and filled. Soon he was shooting without even touching his cock."All I have to do is imagine it's you in there." Li immediately jacked into his fist.

"All I have to do is imagine I'm in there. But, I need a bigger lap top to watch you."

Team RW had another game that week--on Thursday night and once again Ransom proved to be the team to beat--even without Evan. Li and Mark were the stars, again it seemed. But tomorrow was the weekend--and the promised time at the Atlantic beach.

They arrived Friday, well after dark. The traffic out of DC was a disaster, and they had even hit the Kent Island bridge just before it opened for a small flotilla of sailboats traveling to the lower Bay. They had probably left Baltimore just at dusk. Li and Pete were given a room--but would share a bath with two other guys. This was after all an old beach cottage which had been turned into six bedrooms. It was a bachelor pad--but it was university dorm rules: if your partner scores, you find another bed; no total nudity outside of the bedrooms on weekends--there might be female guests; cute little "Do Not Disturb" signs had been hung inside each door.

Li and Pete queued up for the shower. Mark had announced they were off to the Rudder for drinks at 11. He was buying. He knew the bartender--and they would get top shelf for regular prices. "It's a short walk. We'll be leaving a few minutes before. There are theoretically sandwich makings in the fridge if anyone is hungry. We have a full house this weekend--11 of us. I've got the only single. That was my deal for arranging the summer rental."

An hour or so later, six RW lawyers entered the Rudder. All were in chinos, jeans or cargoes with knit polos. All were thirsty. They commandeered a table and Mark took the orders--no waiters or waitresses at the club; all drinks were ordered at the bar. Then we went to the end of the bar. Steve, of course, was expecting him. "It looks like you've got friends. Can I hug you?"

"You better. I've been waiting all week. PDA's are fine with me--even when colleagues are around. Particularly during relaxing summer weekends. They'd know by Monday anyway. You're in my bed tonight and tomorrow night."

Steve came around from the bar and embraced Mark. Their lips touched and it was pretty obvious that they were exchanging tongues and saliva. "I have my own room again tonight. Are we on?"

"Mark, we are so on. I've been distracted all night. I get off at midnight tonight--or maybe really off with you a little while later--Brad had other plans and I owed him one. But, I'm off at 10 tomorrow and no lunch duty."

"Okay, great. I'll still be here. Now let's get these drinks started."

The drinks were mostly beers, although two guys had ordered bourbon/coke and of course, Steve knew Mark's preference for single malt. Everything was quickly prepared and carried back to the table. "Next round is on the house, I'm told. You're all free to dance. This place is mostly gay, but there are always several hetero couples and a few tables of young ladies."

The younger guys were still staring at Mark, somewhat surprised by the greeting from Steve. "Steve is a very good friend. It's not a secret, I'm gay. He'll be in my room tonight." No further comment was required. Everyone was tired from the long day and drive and within an hour several of the guys had left, saying they were returning to the house. Pete looked at Li and knew Li wanted some time to talk with Mark. So he too rose, "I'll see you back in the room. I'm looking forward to a long beach day tomorrow--my first this summer."

Mark looked at Li as Pete left. "Do you want another beer?"

"Yeah, please. It'll take the edge off the evening."

"The edge? How can there be an edge at the beach at the beginning of August? This is about as close to paradise as it gets in my book." Mark got up and returned with two more drinks. "You're gay aren't you?"

"What gave you that idea?"

"I'm pretty attuned to that stuff. Of course, you know that I am. And, incidentally, don't worry. I have no intention of hitting on you. Or outing you. That guy behind the bar is pretty special. I'm taking him home with me tonight. You'll probably hear us. Don't be surprised if I don't surface until tomorrow afternoon when Steve must be back here. I intend to use this weekend to make sure he is mine. And, when he's back in DC in September, I think we're going to be regular dates."

"I just had a feeling that you and Pete's brother, the ringer at the Sunday game, were secretly signaling each other throughout the game--and the brunch."

"His name is Evan. He's practically Pete's twin. I fell for him so bad that weekend that I'm almost embarrassed. I feel like a 16 year old--although I wouldn't have touched a guy at 16! I wasn't sure how to play this at RW. I don't want to destroy my future. I'm absolutely not out. I can't be--and I would deny it, if anyone accused me. At this point, I probably couldn't afford it. But, Evan is something else, and I think we're going to try to see if something is working. That is after we get off the physical horny-moon. I can't get enough of him, and he apparently can't get enough of me."

Mark laughed. "You've got it bad, boy. And I think I may be in the same boat. Don't worry about me--or about RW. I have had no issues at all. I'm obviously not a flamer. So long as you are discrete--and frankly that applies to straights as well--RW is ok with it. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only gay in the firm. In fact, there may even be a partner.

"I'm very good at what I do. That helps. So RW--at least most of it--doesn't care."

"Well, I hope you don't mind that I'm gonna take off. I'm guessing your Steve will be done soon. We've got a full day of beach tomorrow--volleyball, softball, and a barbeque. I'm captaining one of the volleyball teams--I presume you can guess why!! Thanks for the advice, Mark. You've made me much more comfortable about a possible future with Ransom. And, incidentally, so there is no mistake. Pete is as straight as an arrow. Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to use an insulting image."

"Listen, Li, I get it all the time. I've heard that some of the partners were trying to use your color and celebrity last week. It happens to me all the time. You'll definitely be asked to recruit--assuming you join us. You'll need a thick skin. I'm pretty sure you've got the biggest dick in the room. Probably big enough to match your celebrity. Some of them may be envious. And one or two could try to put you down. But, they don't really mean any harm. They just like to win. Most of them are closet hetero doms. They just don't admit it."