Alpha Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Was it bad?"

"Was what bad?" Anton asked, feigning ignorance.

"What he did." Ealasaid turned to look at him, her face turning serious.

Anton paused, thinking about how to respond. "It was worrying."

Ealasaid nodded. "He isn't coming back is he?"

"Not tonight poppet." Anton knew that wasn't what she meant but he didn't want to answer her deeper question.

"I didn't think so." Reaching out Ealasaid linked her fingers with his.

Anton immediately felt the calm roll through him, it always did when she was close. They lay in silence for a while, watching the stars and enjoying the quiet. Soon, they both sensed a presence in the trees beside them and Ealasaid shot into a sitting position.

Anton pushed himself up more slowly and rested his arm on his knee. Together they watched the trees, waiting for the person to emerge. As they stepped from the shadows Ealasaid stood and moved towards them.

"Baal?" She sounded happy to see him.

"I have news." Baal said, not acknowledging her. "You will all want to hear this."

Anton nodded and pulled himself to his feet. "I'll get the others." He disappeared back towards the cabins and Ealasaid moved closer to Baal with her head tilted as she watched him.

"You look tired." She noted.

Baal laughed and finally met her eyes. "It has been a trying day."

She came even closer, close enough that her sweet scent filled his head and he felt his muscles relaxing. She reached for him, but before her fingers could brush his hand he jerked back, shaking his head.

"Don't." He blurted out.

Hurt passed across her face and he felt sick. He wanted to grab her and pull her close but he didn't know what he would do if he touched her. The Devil was still in control.

"Fuck." He said exasperatedly.

"I'm sorry." Ealasaid said quietly and looked down at the floor.

"No don't say that." Baal spoke through gritted teeth but before he could explain himself Anton returned. He brought the rest of Council and Ealasaid moved backwards, still staring at the ground.

"What's happened?" Lucius asked instantly. He shielded Oana with his body, his hand resting possessively on her shoulder.

"Have you found him?" Elena pushed forward as she spoke and fixed Baal with an intense stare.

"Yes." Baal said simply.

"Well?" Corban encouraged. "Where is he?"

"He has returned to his old home. The Ancestral Castle of the Order. It's heavily warded, impossible to find." Baal said quietly.

"Then how did you find it?" Corban prodded.

"I didn't. My souls did. Souls that have been damned where never supposed to leave Hell, it was forbidden by the Archangels long ago. Why would you ward against something that basically doesn't exist?" Baal's voice was teasing but Anton could see the exhaustion in his brothers face. It worried him.

"How many does he have with him?" Jaylon asked.

"More than before and getting more everyday."

"How do we stop him?" Lucius said, his mind was rushing as he tried to formulate a plan.

"Come now, I can't be expected to do everything." Baal said lightly. "You may ask for my help in whatever you plan to do but for now I need to rest. It has been an interesting day."

"What about the Archangels?" Anton asked. "You've already pissed them of enough by leaving Hell, if you keep it up, who knows what they'll do?"

"What more can they do to me brother?" Baal asked with a glimmer of the old light back in his eyes.

"They can make things way worse for you than they are right now. I'm not going to let you put yourself in danger." Anton insisted.

"How sweet. I thought it was meant to be the older brother that was the protective one."

"Don't pull rank on me, I just don't want you getting into any more trouble than you already are." Anton said and Ealasaid could hear worry in his voice.

"It's lovely of you to think of me Ipos but I gave my word." Anton started to argue back but Baal cut him off with a look, more like a parent than a brother. "I have said I will help and that is exactly what I will do. When the time comes you might be very thankful for the Devil's help."

"Thank you." Oana spoke up. Baal's red eyes landed on her and she shrank backwards. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to stand straight and speak again. "Thank you for your help."

Baal smirked, amused despite his tiredness. "You're welcome."

Lucius turned and began to lead Oana back to the cabin. One by one the others followed until only Ealasaid and Anton were left. She still stared at Baal and Anton touched her back gently.

"Be safe." He said quietly before leaving her and his brother alone.

Baal watched her carefully. Shaking his head, he dropped his gaze to the floor.

"Please don't look at me like that." He begged. She heard the slight catch in his voice with surprise. "I can't bear it."

"Tell me what happened today." She said simply.

Baal sighed and shoved his hands in the pockets of his suit trousers. Ealasaid couldn't help but smile, he looked like a big kid.

"A side of Drago came out that was worrying."

Ealasaid nodded. "That's what Anton said."

"Did he say anything else?"

"No, did something else happen?"

Baal searched for the words. "Seeing that brought out a side of me that is worrying. A side I've kept hidden and wish to keep hidden for as long as possible."

"OK." Ealasaid said as though there was nothing more to speak about.

"OK?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yeah. I asked a question, you answered it. Besides, I knew something was wrong with him."

Baal frowned at her tone. "What do you mean? Has something happened?" His voice immediately turned angry and she shook her head feverishly.

"No nothing like that but he's different." Ealasaid felt her eyes fill with tears and she wrapped her arms around herself. "It's like he's a stranger sometimes. When he looks at me."

"Saidy." He said gently.

"I think I'm going to loose him and I don't know what to do to stop it."

"Shh." He shushed her gently and resisted the overwhelming urge to pull her to him. "I'll do everything I can to help him. I promise."

Ealasaid nodded and fixed him with her bright silver eyes. "Good." She said with finality. "And you can't disappear. You have to fight whatever is inside of you. I do it, everyday. You have to do the same for me."

He smiled, he couldn't help himself. "OK baby."

"Good." She repeated and pushed her shoulders back. "Now I need you to hold me and tell me that everything is going to be alright."

"I don't know if I can." He started but she stamped her foot, a move that surprised him.

"This isn't about you. This is about me and what I need. Please. I need you."

Her last plea undid him and he took one hand from his pocket. Beckoning her, he pulled her against his chest and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. The beast inside him was screaming as she wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his chest. He fought it, he would do anything for her.

Ealasaid could feel the war raging inside him, his fingers dug into her upper arm and he held her even tighter. She could feel him shaking but forced herself to stay in his arms. With bated breath she waited to see which side of him would win out.

"Goddam." Baal cursed gruffly and loosened his hold on her. "Do you have any idea, any fucking idea how hard this is?"

Ealasaid didn't know how to respond. Baal threaded his fingers through her long hair and pulled her head until she looked up at him. Her soft lips were parted and her eyes sparkled in the soft light.

"I've dreamt about you, for years. Every time I close my eyes I see you." Baal swallowed hard and she could see his throat working. "You're so beautiful, everything I've ever wanted and you love him. You'll never be mine and just when I think that I've accepted it you look at me like that."

He paused, breathing heavily as he watched her face.

"You look at me just like I dreamed you would and I lost. I'm fucking lost." He looked at her and his expression was almost pained. "You have to tell me to stop. I can't stop myself but if you tell me to stop then I will."

"Baal." She whispered his name and he groaned.

"Tell me to stop. If you don't want this, then you have to tell me." He was leaning down even as he spoke. Their lips were less than an inch apart before she spoke.

"Stop."

Instantly, Baal stilled. Both of their eyes were closed but Ealasaid knew if she were to open hers she would see pain on Baal's face. His hand tightened in her hair before he let go and dropped his hand to his side. Ealasaid didn't move her arms from his waist and slowly her eyes fluttered open.

His mouth was set in a hard line. His eyes were screwed shut and his jaw was clenched tightly. Begrudgingly, she stepped back and wrapped her arms around herself.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly.

"Don't be sorry. I should have gone when the others went. It's not good for me to be around you alone, especially not at the moment."

"I guess it's just bad timing when we met huh?" She tried to lighten the mood and Baal let out a strained laugh.

"More like Gods cruel joke." He opened his eyes and fixed her with his heated stare. She felt a shiver run through her and held herself tighter.

"You can't leave me though; I wouldn't survive it. You might think I'm being selfish and maybe I am, but I don't know what I'd do if you left. Not now I know who you are."

Baal was quiet. One hand was still in his pocket and the other was bunched in a fist at his side. Ealasaid waited nervously to see what he would say.

"I'm not going to leave you sweet girl, but I cannot stay here. Not tonight. It's too hard."

"I know." She nodded trying to hide the sadness on her face. Her lower lip trembled and a solitary tear rolled down her cheek.

"Don't." Baal said gently and touched her cheek. Wiping the tear from her cheek with his thumb he felt his hand tremble and his jaw twitched. "Please don't cry. I'm just trying to keep you safe."

Ealasaid nodded and moved backwards. Forcing her tears back she smiled bravely and shook her head throwing her long hair over her shoulders. She fixed her mouth in a smirk and spoke teasingly.

"I can keep myself safe big guy." She turned and walked away from him. Glancing over her shoulder she winked. "Don't be gone too long."

Without giving Baal a chance to respond she hurried into her cabin and closed the door. Leaning against it she took a shuddering breath and dropped her face into her hands. Tears welled up and once again threatened to spill. Sliding down the door she brought her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms tightly around them. Burying her face in the crook of her arm she allowed the tears to come. She cried for Drago, she cried for Baal and she cried for the childhood she had lost when her brother was taken from her. She felt empty, there was a hole in her stomach and chest and she didn't know what would help her. A strange hunger ran through her and she gripped her hair tightly in her hands in anger and what she had become. There was so much that she still didn't know and she wasn't sure she ever would, she had a craving, a thirst, that she couldn't understand but it clawed at her insides.

It wasn't fair!

She cried in despair. If she had been born normal, like Tavish, none of this ever would have happened. Calan wouldn't have wanted her, her father wouldn't have been killed, the Order would never have known she existed. She wouldn't have caused so much hurt, so much death.

She heard Anton approaching but didn't look up, she didn't look up when he sat beside her nor when he put his arm around her shoulders.

"I just want things to get better but I don't think they ever will." Ealasaid forced out.

Anton didn't say anything. He simply held her as she cried herself into exhaustion before her head fell against him and she drifted into a fitful sleep.

*

Elyas sat in the shadows at the foot of a huge bed. His legs were crossed, he was leant against the high back of his chair and his eyes were trained on the bed. Two figures writhed on the silken sheets and he smirked as feminine moans filled the air.

Lara was sat on the floor at his feet, his hand stroked her hair absentmindedly as her head lay in his lap and her arms were wrapped loosely around his leg.

Just as he had promised, the castle was now full of life. His family had swelled to nearly 70 members and the rooms were light and noisy. Once, this would have made him happy. The sound signalled his army was growing, the amount of people under his control was more than ever but all he could think about was Ealasaid. She danced just out of his grip but he knew once he got her, she would be the perfect child.

"Lara." He said but she didn't raise her head. Elyas' upper lip curled in a snarl and he lifted his hand from her hair. "Lara, stand up."

Still she didn't move. Elyas exploded from his seat and Lara was thrown to the floor. The two women on the bed jumped apart and the room was suddenly deathly quiet. Elyas stood over Lara who was cowering on the floor.

"Did you not hear me?" He thundered watching in satisfaction as the three women tried to make themselves as small as possible. "When I speak, you listen. When I command you to do something you do it. I am everything in your life and you would do well to remember that." He took a step towards them his hands clenched so hard that his nails cut through the skin of his palm. "Maybe you need a reminder?"

"Please Daddy, I'm sorry." Lara held her hands up trying to protect herself from him.

"Stand up." He said and the three women leapt to their feet. He didn't know whether it was his control or the fear of him that made them do it, the realisation made him furious. "Get out." He said.

"Daddy." Lara said.

"I said get out!" He roared and the two women screamed. Lara was silent but they all left the room quickly.

Elyas sank back into the chair and rubbed his hands over his face. For the first time since his change he felt scared. He was getting weak; his control was slipping. Glancing down at his hands he felt nausea welling in his throat. Dark lines ran across his skin as though the blood in his veins had blackened into ink.

Flexing his fingers, he watched the pulsing in his veins. There was a tightening in his chest, crushing his lungs and making it hard to even draw a breath. Still staring at his hands he watched as a faint green light started to glow through his skin.

With a shout he rose from the chair and kicked it towards the wall. It exploded as it made contact and he shouted over his shoulder towards the open door.

"Abrielle!"

He felt her presence and heard her voice. "Yes Daddy?"

"Get the Vampyre. I have someone I want to visit."

*

It had been five days since Drago had met with Lothair's Council. Since then, no one had seen him. His own Council had returned to their homes to wait but when Ealasaid called a meeting they hurried to her without question.

"Still no word?" Lucius asked.

"Nothing." Ealasaid sat behind Drago's desk in the study of their home. Her legs were crossed and her foot tapped quickly. Her nails drummed on the desk and her eyes were fixed on the city outside of the huge window.

"Others are starting to notice as well." She added and tapped her finger on a magazine on the desk in front of her. On the front cover there was a picture of Ealasaid entering the building. Underneath the words 'LaBelle's girlfriend returns alone' were blazoned in a bold font.

"Apparently we're all the rage." Ealasaid said sarcastically.

"He must have a reason." Nix said comfortingly.

"He can have his reasons but we can't just wait around for him to decide to come back. Every day we wait gives Elyas more time to gather more children. We could be outnumbered soon. The more children he has the more people are going to be hurt or killed, our people and his." Ealasaid stood and came round the desk. Leaning against it she looked out over the gathered Council.

"So what do we do?" Elena asked.

"We end this. With or without Drago." Ealasaid said confidently.

Lucius watched as she pushed her shoulders back and drew herself up straight. Her eyes were determined and her mouth set in a hard line. He felt a huge swell of pride. She looked like an Alpha, a leader and he knew in that moment he would follow her anywhere.

"I'm with you." Elena said instantly.

"And me." Anton winked.

One by one the others Pledged to her until Lucius was the only one who hadn't spoken. Every eye turned to him but he didn't look away from Ealasaid. Oana sat beside him and he took hold of her hand stroking her palm. Smiling at Ealasaid he nodded.

"Thank you." There was relief in her voice and she felt her grip loosen on the edge of the desk. She hadn't realised she had been holding it so tight.

"So what now?" Jaylon asked.

"We'll gather the Packs. Has Lothair's Council made a decision yet?" She directed her question to Lucius.

"Not yet." Lucius said, shaking his head.

"We'll go without them if we have to but if they want Abrielle as bad as they say, this is their chance to join us." She said decisively.

"I'll contact them." Anton said taking his phone out and standing. Pressing it to his ear he left the room speaking quietly.

"I'll call the Packs." Jaylon added and followed Anton out of the room.

"Nix you go back." Corban said but Phoenix surged to her feet.

"Like fuck I will. There is no way I'm letting you guys risk your lives if I'm not there to help." Nix planted her hands on her hips and stared at the assembled Council with a stern look. It was as though she was looking at her children.

"Baby normally I would give in to your infallible logic and let you get away with anything but I'm not budging on this. I'm taking you back." Corban stood and reached for her hand but she jerked it backwards.

"I'm not leaving my family in danger." She said angrily.

"And I'm not having my Mate put herself and my baby in danger." Corban's voice turned dark. Ealasaid had never heard that tone before and felt a chill in her stomach.

"Wait baby?" Lucius said looking between Corban and Nix. "You pregnant Nix?"

Nix didn't take her eyes from Corban as they could all see the battle raging on her face. Corban took her hands and smiled tiredly.

"Phoenix I know you hate it when I'm right but you can't argue with me here. I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to you or the pups. Please, just let me take you back."

Nix glanced around the room before breathing heavily through her nose and nodding. "Fine." She took his face in her hands and kissed him passionately. "But I'm not going to be there to help you. If you don't come back in one piece, then I'm going to kick your ass everyday for the rest of our lives."

Corban smirked. "I'll hold you to that baby." He flicked his gaze over to Oana. "I'm taking you too kid."

"But I can help." Oana started but Corban held his hand up.

"I'm not getting into an argument with you as well. Both of you, get in the car and let me take you somewhere safe."

Lucius couldn't hide his laughter at Corban's tone and shrugged a shoulder when Oana looked at him accusingly.

"Gotta agree with him I'm afraid darlin. The further away from Elyas you are the happier I'll be."

"He won't be there and I'm more than capable of looking after myself. I survived him for sixty years, I can help." She said calmly. The tone reminded everyone that the girl in front of them had fought against this monster and creatures like them for almost her entire life, she was not to be underestimated.

"I know but I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you. It makes me sick thinking of you anywhere near him." Lucius poured his heart out as he looked intently into her eyes. He didn't care if he sounded weak he just wanted her safe.