Alpha Ch. 12

Story Info
Tear it down.
48k words
4.58
4.7k
7

Part 12 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/12/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*It has been a long time since I saw these characters! I am ready to finish their story. I did not have my usual editor this time, I am currently looking for a new one if anyone would like to help out!*

Chapter 12

Ealasaid woke to strong hands gently caressing her back. As her mind cleared, memories of the previous night came flooding back and she lifted her head from Baal's chest and looked up into his red eyes. Every time she saw them, they took her breath away. Two irises and pupils in each eye, all burning a deep blood red in his face.

"Good morning." He said, his deep voice resonating through his chest and making her stomach clench.

"Hi." She responded.

She watched him a moment. She had never seen him look so peaceful, so human. In that moment she could forget that she was laying on the chest of the King of Hell; they could have been anyone enjoying the soft sunlight coming in through the windows and the quiet of the morning.

"You were watching me sleep?" She asked only half joking.

Baal nodded. One hand lifted to her face and he pushed her wild curling hair back over her shoulder and stroked her cheek with his thumb.

"You look beautiful when you sleep." He said, his reason simple yet still eliciting a primal response in her stomach.

Even though her muscles ached, her body cried out for him and she pulled herself to straddle his waist. He cushioned his head on one muscled arm and his free hand fell to her thigh. His fingers played over the raised skin of her scars and she felt her cheeks heating.

"They're ugly." She said in a small voice.

"We all have scars." He replied in gentle acceptance.

Ealasaid's eyes dropped to his chest. His dark skin, like hers, was covered in scars. Shakily she brushed her fingers over a long welt across his chest. She felt him jump, tensing under her touch and she immediately yanked her hand back.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly.

Baal took her hand in his and brought it back to his chest. Her skin was soft and warm against his and he watched her face as she explored the countless scars that marred his torso.

"How did you get them?" Ealasaid asked.

"The War, the Fall, my countless attempts to escape Hell." He said nonchalantly but Ealasaid felt his muscles tense.

"You tried to escape?"

"At the beginning. Got pretty close too." Baal's voice was light, joking, but there was a darkness in his eyes that betrayed his tone.

"What stopped you?"

Baal laughed emptily. "Such a curious little lamb." He lifted his hand and Ealasaid felt herself flinch, terrified she had made him angry. His touch was gentle as he brushed his thumb over her cheek.

"I was powerful enough to leave but Ipos wasn't. I would have had to leave him behind and, I wasn't strong enough to do that."

Ealasaid frowned at his confession. "But he did leave."

"He was permitted to leave if I promised that I would stay. I saw that Ipos needed to get out of that place, so I gave up my chance of leaving for him to be happier. I'm glad I did, he may have never met you if he had stayed in Hell."

Ealasaid felt her throat closing at his words. "You stayed so he could go?"

Baal nodded. "I know. Truly a martyr, but even the Devil can be redeemable if he sacrifices himself for the people he cares about."

"Does he know?"

"No Anima. He wouldn't have heard it and now I don't see the point in bringing it up again. He has had a much better life up here and I got to watch him be happy and find a family."

Ealasaid touched his scars gently. She could feel the thin lines of cuts, the thicker welts from whips and uneven skin of burns. Leaning down she kissed him.

"You're a good brother." She told him and felt him smirk against her lips.

"You think so?" He asked.

"More than that. You're a good person. You put other people and their happiness before your own, not many people do that."

"A good person?" Baal repeated with a derisive laugh. "I don't know how many people would agree with you on that one. No matter what you believe, the Devil is very rarely the hero of the story."

"I don't care what other people think or what they write about you. I know what I think and I know you're a good person. I'm glad I have you."

Baal was quiet. He didn't know what to say. She spoke with such gentle, naïve honesty that his stomach flipped and his chest ached. Ealasaid cupped his cheek in her small hand and her gaze locked onto his.

"Your eyes, are incredible." She said in wonder.

Baal laughed in surprised. The sound, like his demeanour, was strangely human and she relished in the feeling of normality.

"No one has ever said that before. Thank you."

"No one?" She pressed.

"Most people who see them are in a very different situation than you. Most people see them when I welcome them to my home, that is not a nice place to be."

"You always call it your home, are there more rooms than the ones I've seen?"

"Anima there is much more to it, I've just never shown it to you." Baal explained. "There are bedrooms, a ballroom, even a library."

"A library."

"An extension of the Archives. My own personal collection."

"There's more to the Archives, why didn't you tell us when we were looking for Elyas?" Ealasaid demanded.

"Because I know every word in every book in that library and none of them waste time on Elyas or his history."

Ealasaid's heart stuttered at his tone. She had made him angry. "What are they about?" She asked meekly.

"My family, my parents. My time in Heaven and my life after the Fall. The creation of the world and the history of humans. Stories of every race on earth and hundreds that died out thousands of years before you were born. Stories of you and your family."

"Stories of me?"

"Hundreds of them."

"Can I see it?" She asked but Baal shook his head violently.

"No."

Ealasaid flinched at his hard tone and dangerous flash in his eyes. Baal sighed and his hand started to stroke her skin soothingly.

"Not yet. I've allowed my home to grow dark and it isn't somewhere I want you to see."

"OK." She said sadly.

Baal reached up and tangled his fingers in her hair. He pulled her head down and kissed her roughly.

"One day I'll show you. One day you'll share everything with me." He promised.

Ealasaid held his long dreaded hair and kissed him passionately. His wild scent and taste overwhelmed her and she lost herself in his frenzied kisses and soft grasping hands. His skin burned against hers but she chased the heat.

Baal's eyes opened and he looked down her curved body. Her pale skin was covered in marks, dark bruises the exact shape of his hand.

"I did those?" He asked.

Ealasaid followed his gaze and saw his marks on her. Handprints on her thighs and hips, redness from his rough kisses on her chest and she knew if she looked in a mirror she would see them on her throat as well.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked touching the marks on her breasts.

"No." She held his wrist and shook her head.

"But I bruised you."

"I'm a redhead, I bruise in a strong breeze." She said flippantly.

Baal smiled, a true smile and flipped them so he hovered over her on the bed. His eyes were playful and her heart leap at the sight.

"You're so beautiful Anima." He said dropping his head to her neck and kissing her throat. There were marks there as well and he could feel they were hotter than the rest of her skin.

"So are you." Ealasaid responded sincerely.

Baal kissed over her collarbone, up her throat and gently bit her earlobe. Ealasaid squirmed beneath him, a soft giggle falling from her lips.

"That tickles." She said breathlessly.

Baal didn't stop. Slowly he dragged one hand down her stomach and over her hip. His fingers stroked her wet pussy and she gasped at the shock that gripped her stomach. He found her clit expertly with one finger, circling slowly as he listened to her stilted breathing.

He didn't lift his head as he spoke darkly into her ear. "Say my name."

"Baal." She obeyed instantly. She couldn't help herself.

Baal smiled against her skin and slowly pushed one finger inside her. A sharp noise of pain reached him and he yanked his hand back and pushed himself away from her.

"I did hurt you." He said his words quivering with anger. Not at her, at himself.

"No, you didn't hurt me. I'm just a bit sore." Ealasaid sat up and reached for him but he shook his head violently and stood from the bed.

"I need to be more careful with you." He said mainly to himself.

"Baal." She started but his cut her off.

"I have to go."

"Don't." Again she began to speak but again, he cut her off before she could finish her thought.

"I'll come back, I promise." He said as he dressed quickly in his discarded clothes.

Turning back, he saw her confused expression as she knelt in the middle of the bed. Her hands were held together in her lap and her bright, expressive eyes watched him warily. He brought one knee onto the bed and held the back of her neck softly. Bringing her closer, he kissed her tenderly, feeling her melt into him.

"I promise. I'll come back tonight." He said and she nodded once.

"You better."

He kissed her again, he couldn't help it. He still couldn't believe that he was there with her, that they had shared the night together. Forcing himself to break the kiss, he straightened and waved his hand bringing the door into existence. He forced himself to walk through it without looking back; he knew if he did turn, he wouldn't be able to leave her.

Ealasaid watched as the door faded away with a warmth in her chest. Her muscles ached and her skin tingled from his kiss. Digging her fingers into her hair she pushed it away from her face and let the smile spread across her face.

For the first time in months she felt happy.

Her mind wandered to her family, she could hear them moving around the castle and an idea entered her mind. Standing from the bed, she dressed quickly in denim shorts and a white t-shirt and, still barefoot, she walked from the room.

Her Pack flocked to her as she moved through the halls and by the time she reached the throne room over a hundred people were with her. Corban was stood on the raised floor, his hand resting on Nix's shoulder who was sitting in the high backed throne. She held Caius to her chest and Orion, Leif and Avianna played around them. Anton stood a little way away, leaning against the stone wall and watching Ealasaid with interest. Lothair's Council was gathered close by and they all stared at her with wary expressions.

Ealasaid stopped in front of the throne and looked at her gathered Council. She was still smiling and she felt the tension ease from the room.

"Aunty Saidy!" Leif shouted and sprinted towards her.

She crouched and lifted the child into her arms, feeling him hold her tightly and rest his small head on her shoulder. She returned her attention to the Council and when she spoke her voice was clear.

"We've spent too long locked up in this place. I want to have some fun; it's been so long since we've done anything fun. We need bats, balls, strong ones. We need burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob. Steaks, ribs, whatever we can find and if you can't find it here, then figure something out. We need beer, wine, whisky, whatever it is you wanna drink. Grab it all and follow me." She turned to leave but before she took more than a couple of steps she looked back over her shoulder. "If you want to that is."

She didn't wait for a response and left the throne room. The children were glued to her side, staring up at her in delight and skipping around her. She felt the presence of her Pack behind her and lead them confidently out of the castle and into the surrounding forest.

She walked slowly, enjoying the feeling and the scents of the trees and finally, she lead her followers into a huge clearing. She looked around happily and nodded contentedly.

When the rest of her Pack joined them she shifted Leif on her hip and spoke to gathered crowd.

"We're going to have fun. We're going to play some baseball, eat some good food and drink until we don't remember what a shitty few months we've had." She instantly bit her tongue. "Sorry pups, don't copy that."

"Uncle Anton says way worse than that." Avianna said with a shrug.

"Snitch." Anton said teasingly.

"I want to show you that life won't always be like the last few months. I won't always be angry and we won't always be chasing the next bad guy." Ealasaid said, her accented voice sweeping over the gathered people. "The world isn't as bad as I think it is and I want you all to know that. I know this doesn't make up for everything that's happened but it's a start right?"

Lucius watched her from the back of the crowd. His arms were folded but his lips were curved in a smile. There was something different about Ealasaid, she looked like the young girl he had first met working at the diner. Her eyes were bright, filled with a joyful innocence and he marvelled at the change in her. Raising his hand, he felt the jagged mark on his neck that she had healed, he still felt weak but the light in her brought him strength.

"Did you find the bats?" Ealasaid asked and Corban nodded. "Good normal rules apply. Pups bat first, only homeruns count, straight catch before you finish the run and you're out and you break the bat, you forfeit a run."

"But." The word came from a Shifter at the front of the crowd. His name was Kendri, one of Ealasaid's finds from the Order, and he shifted his feet nervously.

Ealasaid watched him calmly, waiting for him to speak again.

"I don't know how to play baseball." He finished and Ealasaid smiled warmly.

"We'll teach you. That what a Pack is for; we teach each other, help each other grow. Doesn't matter what we're teaching it just matters that we're learning together."

Kendri nodded and Ealasaid turned back to the rest of her Pack. "Set the bases and grab a drink."

Everyone leapt into action. Ealasaid kissed Leif's cheek and set him down on the ground. He hurried off to join his siblings and Ealasaid watched the flurry of activity. Anton waved his hand and a door was conjured, he beckoned and several members of the Pack broke away and followed him through. Ealasaid watched in interest and less than ten minutes later, the door reappeared and they returned. They were holding blankets and bags stuffed with food. They set them up at the edge of the clearing and Ealasaid swelled with pride as her family came together seamlessly. Even though her heart was full there was still a sadness in her chest. Elena, her Second and closest companion, was nowhere to be seen.

"Let's go!" Orion shouted excitedly as he swung a bat wildly.

Corban stepped up to the makeshift pitcher's mound and tossed a ball from hand to hand. He smiled at his oldest son and winked.

"Let's see what you got junior!" Corban called back before throwing the ball. Orion swung the bat and the sound thundered through the clearing, bouncing off the trunks of the trees and the ball disappeared into the sky.

"Mine!" Andry, a member of Lothair's Council called and shot off through the trees.

Orion began to run around the bases, laughing at the screams of encouragement from the gathered Pack. Ealasaid felt the air grow warmer as her happiness swelled and went over to where Anton was organising the making of several fire pits to cook the meat they had brought.

"This was a good idea Little One." He said.

For the first time since Drago had left, Ealasaid didn't flinch at the use of her old nickname. She turned her face to him and beamed.

"I thought so too!" She said smugly.

Staring at the ground, she lifted her heel before slamming it back down and Anton watched as several more holes appeared in the dirt. Ealasaid lifted her hands and water flew to her from through the trees, it flowed into the holes and she knelt and began to place the bottles of beer and wine into the cold water.

"I didn't know you could do that." Anton said in slight surprise.

"I can do a lot of things you don't know about." She said, sticking out her tongue playfully. She left two bottles of beer out and handed one to Anton. They both drank and looked out over the crowd of people. They had broken into groups, some playing, some drinking and some just sitting and enjoying the sun.

"This is what I wanted." Ealasaid said suddenly. "After my family died I dreamt of having a big family, I had to leave the village after everything and I was completely alone for so long. Every night I dreamt of having a huge family around me and I almost lost it because of how I was acting. You really should have snapped me out of it." She added this last part with a sly smirk at him and then shrieked when he grabbed her waist his fingers tickling her skin.

"Watch it poppet."

Ealasaid spun and kissed his cheek. "Thank you for sticking it out with me. I'm going to be better now."

"I love you no matter what." Anton said simply but with no trace of a lie in his voice.

Avianna's voice reached her. "Aunty Saidy, pitch to me!"

Ealasaid shrugged at Anton. "My little lady wants me." She left him and approached the mound. Corban tossed the ball to her and she snatched it out of the air. He chucked her under the chin and went to join Nix, Anton and Lucius to watch her.

"You ready pup?" Ealasaid called.

"Let's do it!" Avianna called back.

Ealasaid smirked and gently threw the ball. Avianna watched it with a cynical expression on her sweet face, not even attempting to swing the bat.

"My mummy said you were real strong; I think she was lying."

Ealasaid threw back her head and her husky, musical laugh filled the clearing. Corban was stood behind his daughter and picking the ball up from the ground he threw it back to Ealasaid.

"That's some serious sass kid." Ealasaid said around her laughter. Turning the ball in her fingers she raised an eyebrow at Avianna. "You asked for it."

She brought her arm back and threw the ball. She made a grunting sound as she did but still didn't use her full strength. Avianna bought the act and swung at the pitch, the ball was sent flying over the trees and another member of the Pack went tearing after it.

For the next few hours they played in the sun. Anton and Corban took over the supervision of the food and Nix and Lucius sat on a blanket watching the game. Lucius was still feeling weak but he held Caius gently on his lap. As he looked down into the infants tiny, perfect face his chest ached. He thought of Oana, neither she nor Tanner had joined them outside and Lucius feared that they had now crossed one line too many. They had overcome a lot but this felt different.

As he sat, thinking on the events of the previous night, Ealasaid trotted across the clearing to join them. She dropped onto the blanket and grabbed a beer. Twisting off the top she drained half of it before crossing her legs and glancing slyly at Nix and Lucius.

"So? What do you think?" She asked, she hadn't realised until then but she was nervous for their reaction.

Nix was quiet, her bright blue eyes studying Ealasaid closely. The girl was changed, she looked like the sweet, innocent child Nix had met all that time ago when she had stood by Drago's side amongst the throngs of people. Ealasaid had looked nervous then but there was no trace of fear in her now.

"You've done good Little One." Lucius answered, his gaze never left the baby in his lap but his face was peaceful.

"This was a wonderful idea." Nix agreed and reached out to take Ealasaid's hand in her own. "It's been too long since we've felt like a family."

"I realised something last night." Ealasaid said thoughtfully. "There is always going to be something chasing me, something dangerous out there waiting for me and I will never know when it will catch me. I'm not going to waste my days being angry anymore. I want to be happy again."