Always Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think this might be a gift for you," Riley said to Raph, lifting out a purple lace bra and panty set. The fabric was practically see-through.

"Hey, they match our new sheets," Raph laughed, "and I'll look wonderful in them." They all laughed. He couldn't wait to see her wear them.

"I thought that the day I saw you in the mall - that they matched the sheets" Maria added. "But I wasn't about to show them to you right there in the middle of the food court."

"Probably a good idea," he agreed.

"I love them," Riley said, putting them back in the sack before hugging Maria tightly.

Raph handed Riley a smaller sack.

She reached inside and took out a framed 5x7 photo. It was her and Raph, smiling, arms around each other, in front of the statue of the 11' road runner, Paisano Pete, who stood atop the "Welcome to Fort Stockton" sign. The photo, taken by a stranger at Riley's request, was during Raph's attempt to cheer her up after a particularly upsetting visit with her mother. It represented his commitment to her happiness.

Riley held the photo for several long moments, a look of loving admiration in her hazel eyes. Finally, she lifted her head and looked into Raph's steel-gray eyes.

"My mission in life is to make sure you're always as happy as you were at that moment," he whispered.

Riley moved slowly toward Raph, never taking her eyes from his until their lips met. Maria, Hunter, the world and everything in it disappeared until it was just the two of them. Time stopped or sped ahead nearing eternity, neither knew nor cared. At that moment, they were truly bonded deep in their souls, destined to be each other's future.

"What the heck was that picture of?" they all heard Hunter whisper, followed by a slap on the leg from Maria.

"What was it with girls these days? Such violence." Raph thought.

Raph felt Riley smile on his lips and the spell was broken, but not the bond. That remained, stronger than ever.

"Thank you, Babe," she whispered as she pulled back from his lips. "I love it."

*****

Life began to take on a rhythm. Raph and Riley both continued to work. Raph flying here and there as necessary, Riley working diligently at Barrett Oil, continuing to impress at many levels. When they weren't working, they spent their time together. They would spend days, and nights, at Raph's apartment, or at times they would stay at Barrett Manor. They rode horses, they played, they laughed, and they loved. Raph would wake sometimes, alone in Riley's bed. He would dress and go downstairs to find her standing on the patio, a painting easel set up, a brush in her hand as her eyes looked at the sunrise coming up over the rolling hills. No matter how quiet he was, she always seemed to sense his presence, turning to smile at him as he stood in rapt silence, watching her look upon something that moved her soul.

He knew, more than he'd known anything his entire life, that she was his destiny, his love, his life - always.