Always Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've been wondering about something, and after meeting your parents Saturday, and seeing how you mother reacted to me, made me question some more - how does a single, hard working college student, with no identifiable source of income, afford college, an expensive sorority, and a new, top of the line car? If you want to tell me it's none of my business, I'll drop it forever."

Tiffany sat back on the couch with a sly smile on her face.

"I was wondering how long it would take for you to notice all that. I'm sure you saw the very real jewelry mom was wearing as well. The fact of the matter is, my family is wealthy. Very wealthy. Richie Rich wealthy. My great grandfather started a logging company, and that went to my grandfather, who expanded it. My father now controls the company, and when he's ready to retire, my older brother will take over.

"It started as a logging company, but now encompasses much more - shipping, construction, tech, and fisheries are some of what we own. I have a trust fund that I get control of when I turn 25, and although I don't know how much it's worth, it's substantial to the point that I never have to work a day in my life.

"But that's not what I want. I want to get a job and prove to my family I do have worth. After the way I acted growing up, most of my family thinks of me only as a spoiled brat, out to get whatever I want, using the family money. And maybe at one time I was like that, but not anymore. When Pam died in my arms, my life changed. I didn't want to be like that anymore. I didn't want to die on the floor of a dirt bag apartment. I looked at myself in the mirror, and hated what I saw. I saw what excessiveness brings, and I didn't want that for me any longer. So I cleaned up my act and started to take school, and life, seriously.

"And then I met you. You had no idea who I was or what my story was. You liked me for me, not my money - and you were the first person who did that. My first friend who wanted to be my friend for no other reason than that. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this before, but I had to be sure - and I am. I love you, Mike, and I look forward to spending as much time with you as I can from here on out."

Mike looked at Tiffany with a glazed look, attempting to take all this in.

"Another reason I'm glad this came up is because when you meet my family next week, I can assure you that many of them will be thinking the same thing - that you're only out to get my money. How refreshing it'll be to throw that argument back in their faces.

"So what do you think, my hard working, impoverished college boyfriend?"

Mike smiled at Tiffany, pulled her close, and gave her a smoldering kiss.

"I think I can make all that work. I had no idea how wealthy you are because you always act like a normal college student. You seem to have lots of friends hanging around you, especially some of your sorority sisters, so I wondered what was up. And seeing as how we're playing true confessions, I have something to tell you.

"I may be your hard working college boyfriend, but I'm not impoverished by any means. When we got married, Beth and I took out insurance policies on each other. You know - just in case. No one ever believes something will happen, but in my case it did. Not only did I get a large payout from the insurance, but I also got a substantial settlement from the family whose son killed Beth and the kids. Like you, it's something I don't tell people. In fact, other than my parents and Beth's, you and my therapist are the only ones who know. So please, keep this a secret between you and me."

"So that's why you choose to live in this tiny apartment? So nobody knows your secret? Congratulations - it worked. I can usually tell when someone has money, but I had no idea you do. And don't worry - your secret is safe with me."

Sealing the deal with a hot kiss, the couple watched the rest of the football game, holding each other tight.

The rest of the week flew by. Mike and Tiffany enjoyed the others company 24/7, and began to find out what the other liked and disliked. As the week went on, Mike began to worry about meeting Tiffany's extended family and what they would think of him. They were leaving on Christmas Eve for the trip to Seattle, and the night before they lay in bed together, talking.

"I'm really getting worried about how your family will react to me. Your dad seemed nice enough, but your mom was icy cold toward me. How will I be able to convince everyone that I'm not after your money and just want you for you?"

Pulling him closer, Tiffany gave Mike a kiss on the cheek.

"I know this sounds cliché, but just be yourself. You're correct in thinking dad likes you, and that will go a long way with the family. Mom will need lots of convincing, and my brother - who knows. He usually acts more like dad, but he is my big brother, and sometimes he feels he needs to 'save me' from myself and from others. Some of my cousins are cool, but others are real buttheads, similar to how I was growing up. My aunts and uncles? Who knows. But really, just be the Mike I fell in love with, and everything will be fine."

"Ok, if you say so. But when we get to your house, be sure to show me someplace where I can hide out if necessary. Preferably with TV so I can get lost in the ball games."

"If it gets that bad, sweetie, I'll be right next to you, watching whatever's on. Ok?"

Getting an early start the next morning, the couple chatted almost the entire five-hour drive. Tiffany told him that the only ones who get presents were the youngest cousins. Her parents, however, usually slipped an envelope into her purse or suitcase with a nice check for her own Christmas present. Christmas day would be filled with eating, drinking, and talking, starting with a breakfast buffet beginning at 9. Around noon the food would be changed out for sandwiches, chips, and fruit, and by evening, more substantial food like turkey, ham, chicken, and lots of side dishes. Drinks will be in no short supply, and if the day is nice, sometimes they go out to play touch football with the kids.

"It sounds like a fun day. I'm still worried, however."

"Don't be. I'll be right by your side, holding onto your hand for dear life. They may be my family, but that doesn't mean I get along with or even like all of them. Most of them still bring up the way I used to be, as they are convinced I'm just putting on a show for mom and dad. But with you here, with me, I think some of that might go away."

Following her directions, Mike soon found himself in front of a guardhouse and gate. As he pulled up, an armed guard came out to speak with him.

"Can I help you, sir? You realize this is private property, don't you?"

Before Mike could reply, Tiffany leaned over to speak to the guard.

"Merry Christmas, Bert."

"Oh, Ms. Harrison, I didn't see you there. Welcome home."

"Thanks. This is my boyfriend Mike Wilson. He's going to be staying with us for several days, so could you get his car registered?"

"Absolutely. I just need to copy down your plate number and you'll be good to go. Merry Christmas, Ms. Harrison."

"Thanks, Bert. And the same to your family."

Driving thru the neighborhood, Mike was amazed at the sizes of the houses.

"You weren't kidding about being Richie Rich rich. These houses are amazing."

"Yeah, most have heated pools, tennis courts, putting greens - things like that. We have a pool, which is really nice, and a hot tub. I used to use it a lot growing up, but not much anymore. Maybe we'll have to take a dip before we leave."

"Nice, but I didn't bring a bathing suit with me. But I'd love to see you in a bikini."

"You've already seen me naked, so what's the big deal. Besides, check your suitcase when you unpack. There might be a surprise in there."

Pulling up to the house, Mike was impressed once again. He parked in the side carport and followed Tiffany in the front door. Not hearing any noise, she yelled 'hello'.

"Tiffany, is that you? Welcome home."

Tiffany met the couple entering the room with a hug.

"Peter, it's so good to see you. And you too, Vanessa. It's been far too long."

"Good to see you too, sis. School going well?"

"Yes it is, mostly because of this guy. Mike, this is my big brother Peter and his wife Vanessa. Guys, this is my boyfriend, Mike Wilson."

Following hugs and handshakes, they moved to the living room to talk.

"Where is everyone? I thought for sure mom would be running around like crazy like she usually does. And the aunts, uncles and cousins? Have they gotten here yet?"

Before answering, Peter shot his wife a look.

"Mom and dad are at the club, but will be back soon. Everyone else has arrived, but are out shopping or at the park with the kids. Leaving Nessa and me to fill you in on everything else."

"Ok, what's going on, Peter? I've never known you to be this secretive about family stuff."

Taking a deep breath, Peter went on.

"Mom dragged dad to the club so she wouldn't be here when you arrived. As she put it, she wanted to avoid all the 'excess drama Tiffany brings with her'. Another reason she isn't here is that she didn't want to be the one to tell you that you and Mike aren't staying here. She gave your room, and all the guest rooms, to the aunts and uncles."

"What? Excess drama from me? What the hell does she expect when she doesn't even let me stay in my own home for Christmas? And just where are we supposed to stay? The pool house? This is bullshit, Peter. I'm leaving. Come on, Mike. Let's go - I can tell when I'm not welcome."

"Tiff, wait. Please hear me out. Mom and I had a raging argument about this when she told me, and I almost walked out as well. You know dad - anything to keep her happy, so he didn't care. But I want you here - both of us do. I know how the family looks at you and thinks about you, but I know the real Tiffany. I know you've cleaned yourself up, dedicated yourself to school - doing all the things you need to do the right way.

"I know this is all a gut punch for you, but here's the rest. Please stay - and not in the pool house. I got you a reservation at the Marriott down the road - my Christmas present to you. And hopefully enough of a bribe to keep you here. Mom told us about the winter formal, and how well you organized it. She also mentioned something about a boyfriend, but in her usual tone of 'only over my dead body'. She is certain Mike is only after your money and won't let that happen. I even overheard her talking on the phone to one of her lawyers, seeing if there is a way to keep you from accessing your trust if you stay with Mike. Personally, I don't think she can, but be forewarned - she's looking into it.

"So please stay - stay and fight for what's yours. Fight for Mike. Fight for the wonderful person you've become. I'm right by your side in this; like you said, this is bullshit. So what do you say? Want to hang around and be the stick that stirs everything up?"

Letting loose an agonizing scream, Tiffany turned and stormed out of the house. Peter started to follow, but Mike stopped him, saying he'd go.

Finding her on the front lawn pacing back and forth, Mike was not surprised to hear her yelling.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck. Fuck all of this. Fuck you, mother. And fuck you father, for not standing up to her. I can't fucking believe this!"

Mike let her rant and rave, and once she saw him there, she ran into his arms crying, with a look of anger on her face he'd never seen before. After crying for some time, she began to calm down and talk with Mike.

"I can't believe my parents are doing this to me, all out of spite for you. At least Peter believes in me. And Nessa. And you, most of all. But what do I do, Mike? My mom hates you and will do everything in her power to keep us apart. What do I do now?"

"The way I see it, you have two options. Option one is to cut bait and leave, burning your bridges behind you, cutting your family out of your life and starting a new life without them. Option two - stay and see how this all plays out. Like you said, Peter and Nessa are on your side. And it goes without saying that I am as well. Peter said it best - fight for what's yours, fight for the person you've become. Stay and fight, Tiff. Show your family that you're not the person you used to be."

"And you'll be by my side?"

"The entire time, holding your hand. Deal?"

"Deal."

"Good. Let's go back in and discuss with Peter and Nessa what we should do."

After talking with her brother, Tiffany decided to stay and see how everything played out. Giving Peter and Nessa hugs, Mike and Tiffany headed to the hotel to check in, unpack, and get ready for their encounter with family later that night.

The dress code for the evening was nice casual, so Tiffany wore her best jeans, tall boots, and a cashmere sweater - casual, but elegant. She added some waves to her long blonde hair, and her makeup was impeccable as usual. Mike was similarly casual, but coming across as much more than a college student.

"I think Peter's right in thinking mom won't say much of anything tonight. She'll wait for tomorrow when all the family is there and drop whatever bombshell she might have. Just be sure you stay near me tonight and keep me away from my mother as much as possible."

"I'll be right by your side all night, sweetie. I'm worried more about some of your relatives mouthing off instead. I'm aware what some of your cousins think about you; I'm afraid they might try to get you going instead."

"I can handle most of them pretty easily, as I have just as much dirt on them. I don't want to ruin Christmas for my littlest cousins, as they have no idea about any of this."

"You're not going to ruin anything. If anyone does, it'll be your mom. So try to relax and at least look like you're having a good time. If nothing else, that'll piss off some of your relatives."

Stepping into his arms, Tiffany held Mike close.

"That's why I love you, Mike. Always looking for a way to piss someone off that deserves it."

Pulling up to the house, they saw a smattering of cars. Most were luxury SUVs or other expensive luxury cars.

"Yes, my family loves spending their money on expensive things like cars. Most of them get new ones every year, along with new wardrobes, jewelry and things like that. The more I think about it, the more I hate my family."

"Ok, but don't go into the house with that attitude. Remember, we're trying to set a tone for the night, one that says 'Tiffany has changed for the better and you all better learn to deal with it'. Ready?"

Entering the house, the only ones who warmly greeted the couple were Peter and Nessa, along with Tiffany's youngest cousins, who swarmed around her.

"Aunt Tiffany."

"Aunt Tiffany."

"You made it."

"Can I get a hug?"

Laughing and hugging her cousins, Tiffany looked like a different woman. Smiling and laughing, her face radiated happiness, and her laugh filled the room. But soon the mood changed when her mother came up.

"Tiffany, darling. You're here. And you brought Michael as well. So nice to see you both again."

"Hello, mother. You knew I was bringing Mike along, so don't make it sound so dramatic."

Before her mother could answer, her dad came into the room to greet them.

"Hello, Tiffany. Merry Christmas. And Merry Christmas, Mike. Glad you could make it."

"Merry Christmas to you as well, Thomas. Happy to be here."

"Now I'm sure Tiffany filled you in on the goings-on for today and tomorrow, so be sure you get enough to eat and drink. And be sure to find her brother and say hello. He and Nessa are around here someplace."

"Thanks, I think we'll do just that."

Taking Tiffany's hand, Mike pulled her away from her parents, searching the room for her brother. Finally spying him in by the bar, they walked that way, all the while greeting Tiffany's family members.

"Hey, you made it. I see you didn't bite mom's head off yet. So what are you drinking? White wine, Tiffany?"

"Yes, please."

"And I'll have a club soda, please."

Drinks in hand, the couple mingled with as few family members as possible. They could see some of them from across the room staring at Mike as if he were an alien, wondering where Tiffany picked this one up from. When the third cousin walked past them without even a glance, Tiffany was ready to say something when Mike stopped her.

"Remember, we're here to play nice today. Get them all wondering who I am and what's going on between us. So as much as it kills you, smile and nod your head at them - and then drink some more wine. I'm not going to let them get the better of you, or us, tonight."

Squeezing his hand tight, Tiffany pulled him closer to her face and kissed him.

"Thanks for the pep talk, sweetie. It's just what I needed. I only hope I can pull this off for the rest of the night."

Just then, Nessa stepped up to Tiffany.

"Don't worry, Tiff. You've got this. Remember, Peter and I are both with you. You've got too much invested in Mike to let this go. Just keep smiling and drive them all crazy."

"Thanks, Nessa. I've always liked you, and now I know why."

The rest of the night passed without incident, just like Peter thought it would. Knowing she was expected to be back at the house early, Tiffany began her goodbyes early, citing their long drive today. She gave Peter and Nessa a hug and a kiss, thanking them again for their help.

"Thanks, Pete. You're the best big brother ever."

"Yeah, and don't you forget that. See you two in the morning."

The drive back to the hotel was quick, and soon Tiffany was slipping her naked body into bed, cuddling with an equally naked Mike. Nothing was said as the two lovers held each other close, relaxing after a long, taxing day.

"Thank you, Mike, for being the greatest boyfriend ever. I don't think I could get through any of this without you."

"You're welcome, sweetie. Don't think about it anymore tonight. Close your eyes and sleep, and I'll be right here in the morning."

Christmas Day dawned bright and clear, and their early wakeup call got them going. Two quick showers, and then they were off, hoping they were ready to face whatever was coming their way.

Peter and Nessa were already there, helping the kitchen staff set things up. Soon people began arriving and the noise level rose. The morning passed without a problem, and Tiffany began to think her mom was going to let things go. But her mother had other ideas.

Early afternoon, after the children had opened their presents and had been sent outside to play, Marjorie quieted the crowd.

"First of all, Merry Christmas, thank you for coming today. It's always nice to spend time with family, especially around the holidays. Normally we only get gifts for the younger ones, but this year I'm making an exception. You all know my daughter Tiffany brought her boyfriend Mike here this year, and I hope you all have had a chance to meet him. He seems like a nice young man, with the emphasis on seems."

"Mother, what are you doing?"

"What am I doing? I'm saving you from yourself once again. Because I hired a private investigator to see what kind of person you were throwing yourself at. Despite you saying he was a nice person, I think otherwise. I have here your Christmas present from me - a detailed accounting of your precious Mike Wilson. Let me elaborate.

"Mike Wilson, born in Charlottesville, Virginia, child of an unknown father and a drug-addled mother. Grew up on the streets, where he was arrested numerous times as a juvenile, spending years in foster care. He then moved to the New England area, where he has five children with four different wives, all of which he divorced and ran out on. He currently has arrest warrants out in three different states, mostly for drug dealing, assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping and several DUIs. All those law enforcement departments have been made aware of his current location, and should be here soon.