AMA - The Divorcee: Day 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You wanna know why I feel like it's worth the risk, dating a guy who already has three girlfriends?" Viv asks Brooke rhetorically. "It's because I know the girlfriends." Viv answers her own rhetorical question succinctly, getting Brooke to chuckle in understanding.

"Based on what we talked about the other night, they're aware that making it work isn't a sure thing, but they still went with it anyway. Then I heard that they're willing to give him the leeway to add more girlfriends, because that's how much they trust him. They're all taking risks by allowing him to do that, but they love him and each other enough that they're willing to find a way to make it work. That's reassuring to be honest. When you're not the only one who's going to try and make it work." Viv says, sighing contently at the thought she just shared.

"Yeah. We talked about that earlier too. They said that maybe it's like that because it's the honeymoon phase. They said they're worried about not making it work when the honeymoon period is over and the actual hard part of the relationship begins, since the problems that need to be handled are multiplied now." Brooke replies.

"Yeah. Multiple problems, but also multiple problem solvers." Viv points out, making Brooke smile at Viv's positivity.

"You're not even a part of it yet, and you already sound like you are." Brooke says in amusement. "I'm irresistible daahling. I'll be a paaaht of it soon enough." Viv jokes in a fake posh accent, making Brooke laugh.

"I wish I had your confidence." Brooke tells Viv, who momentarily looks down upon hearing Brooke's compliment, but immediately recovers her more chipper attitude.

"B, if you had my confidence, you'd be breaking hearts left and right. I think the universe just wanted to temper perfection for the sake of us who are imperfect." Viv tells her with a wink. Brooke laughs, but also couldn't help but feel that Viv truly believed it.

"Thanks V, I'd hug you right now if I wasn't driving." Brooke tells her, and Viv laughs.

"We'll hug it out later." Viv assures her. "If he rejects you, I'm not going to want to date him now." Brooke tells Viv, half-jokingly.

"You say that now, but if I do become his girlfriend, ninety-nine percent of the problems you guys are going to have to solve would probably come from me." Viv says with a laugh.

"Even then, V. Like you said, multiple problem solvers." Brooke answers her, still looking at the road, but Brooke had a reassuring smile on her face that made Viv believe she was sincere.

"Deal." Viv says raising a pinky for a pinky swear. Brooke sees it in her peripheral vision and raises her pinky to pinky swear with Viv. As the two women lock pinkies, they both laugh in amusement at their mutual understanding.

"But he's not going to reject me, because I'm—" "You're irresistible dahling." Viv started saying, before Brooke cut her off and copied the fake posh accent she did.

"And you ah puhfection dahling." Viv replies, before doing a fake posh laugh, getting Brooke to laugh too.

"He's going to love you, B. He'd be stupid not too." Viv reassures Brooke.

"Right back at you, V." Brooke reassures Viv right back, holding her hand in a sign of unity. The two share this moment of platonic friendship for as long as the universe lets them, which is up until Jay snorts in the back seat, which surprises both of them.

"I'm not stupid." Jay grunts drunkenly from the back.

"Oh shit." Viv reacts, blushing a bit, upon hearing Jay. She sighs in relief when she realizes it was just a drunken grunt from him. "But you are drunk, Junior. Go back to sleep." Viv tells Jay.

"Mmkay." Jay replies before turning over and sleeping again, making the women in the front seats laugh once more, relieved that the man they were just talking about didn't exactly hear what they said.

"I've never been more aroused." Viv reacts sarcastically.

"Have to admit, he has his charms." Brooke replies.

"Like being 'three women bragging about how good you are in bed' kind of charming?" Viv asks back, making Brooke chuckle.

"Oh, if he's anything as advertised, it's going to be five women soon." Brooke answers.

"Confidence is a better look for you, B." Viv tells her with a genuine smile.

"It's a lot easier when you're my hype man." Brooke replies, offering a fist bump to Viv.

"I'll be your hype man any time." Viv answers.

The women bump fists twice, not looking at each other as they do, but at the road ahead... to a hopefully happier future for the both of them.


Author's Note: The line about red flags looking like flags when seen through rose colored glasses in Chapter 81 is from Bojack Horseman.