America's Watching

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My Sherry, the love of my life and the mother of my child appeared to have chemistry with another man. In a matter of weeks I went from happily married to being replaced by my wife.

What a fucking nightmare!!

I was quiet for a moment before having an epiphany aloud, "This is just about the ratings isn't it?"

His smirk covered his entire face when he replied, "Bringing in ratings is my job Mr. Carpenter."

How did I know he was smirking over the phone? Easy. I could actually hear the bastard smirk from coast to coast.

He went on, "Don't get me wrong, if any of us thought your wife was in any imminent physical danger we would have intervened immediately. I can understand your concern though. Your wife appears to be on the verge of an affair and you feel helpless to stop it. Perfectly understandable, but again, my job is ratings. That's what I get paid for. I'm not a marriage counselor."

"I take it your ratings are good then?"

"Never better. My bosses are very pleased. But I will admit that I wish it didn't come at your family's expense. I truly mean that. But please try to see it our way. The entire country is hanging on your wife's every move to see if the cute little suburban housewife will remain loyal to her husband or...well...I don't want to upset you any more than you already are."

"A little too late for that don't you think?"

"I'll be honest with you...may I call you Walt?"

"No."

"Alright then Mr. Carpenter. But I can promise you that we did not plan on this happening with your wife and the other gentleman."

"Gentleman, huh?"

He ignored me and continued, "I won't lie, this is turning out better than we could have ever imagined here at ITN, yet we've broadcast hundreds of shows over the course of fifteen plus seasons with nothing like this ever remotely happening. By this I mean a married houseguest seemingly open to an affair. Knowing that she and her spouse where happy and faithful at the beginning only adds to the intrigue."

I was quiet. I didn't know what to say.

He then added, "Like I said, you have a nice family and I truly am sorry this is happening to you."

"Yeah...sounds it."

"It's true. Please don't misunderstand. When I say we're pleased with the turn of events it's nothing personal. Again...our job is ratings and your wife just may be the best thing that ever happened to 'AW'."

I was just about to hang up and lick my wounds when he said, "I'm not sure if anyone contacted you yet, but we'll be sending a camera crew to our house to have a live feed from your living room for an upcoming show. I know you and your daughter will be there and would like to see all of your family and friends watching the show. We'll show everyone there cheering Sherry on. You'll see her and she'll see you. Even though there won't be any audio contact between the two if you, she'll still be able to see that her family is safe and sound and backing her every step of the way."

Did this guy not listen to any of our conversation?

Then I told him it would be a cold day in hell when I allowed his camera crew inside our house.

"Do I have to remind you that we have a signed contract from Sherry allowing us access into the house?"

He then asked smugly, "Her name is on the mortgage, is it not Mr. Carpenter?"

I grunted that it was and he said, "Good. You can expect them there sometime in the coming weeks. Is there anything else you need of me before..."

The conversation ended right there as I hung up.

I had never felt so alone and helpless in my life. Here I was married to the most beautiful woman in the world as far as I was concerned and she was 3,000 miles away being seduced by some smooth talking asshole.

The worst part was I got to watch it every night. I sat in front of the TV watching her slowly but surely being seduced into the arms of another and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

Later that night I watched as Jake continued to manipulate Sherry's emotions and seemingly touch her in ways that pushed all her buttons. Then I would see her reactions and that ... that ...God damned chemistry they seemed to have.

For the first time in my life I wish that the television had never been invented.

Again that gut feeling came back telling me there was more to come, much more and I would have to watch from afar with no hope of it ending unless Sherry wanted it to.

I felt so helpless.

######

I had always trusted Sherry with my life, but now I wasn't so sure. I recall watching those previous seasons with her where she would tease me about hooking up with some young hunk if she ever got on the show. She knew it drove me crazy because I was so jealous.

She would even suggest that one of the married women on the show should consider flirting or even having a little fling to further her chances of winning the game.

I remember saying that the woman would be nuts to put her marriage on the line just to win some silly game and that it wouldn't be worth it.

She answered, "It could be worth it. Not only that, maybe a little bit thrilling too."

When she saw I was really getting angry and said that if it were my wife I would divorce her in a heartbeat, she would giggle and say, "I love jerking your chain. You're so cute when you're all jealous. You could never divorce me and you know it."

Thing is, even though she would laugh about it, I always felt there was a glint in her eye that said she just might go through with it If ever given the chance. I never pursued it any farther because I figured what are the chances of her ever getting picked to be on the show.

So much for that logic. In trying to avoid conflict and starting an argument for no reason I am watching my wife being seduced on national TV. I guess we should have argued at the time, but who would have guessed that she'd ever be selected to be on this freakin' show?

Despite what many might believe, I am not a complete idiot. Not to say I don't have my moments though. I realized that Zach Blevins had ulterior motives. The ratings must have been going through the roof if the talk heard around our hometown was any indication. I never thought he was going to be overly accommodating and it turned out I was right. A bit surprised that he wouldn't budge at all and at least talk to Sherry on the side, but for the most part I expected to be stonewalled.

Then why bother you ask? Up until that point I didn't see much else I could do. I didn't really feel any better the next day when I left early again to see a lawyer with the contract Sherry had signed in hand. For now I'll just say it did not end well.

Now before you criticize me too harshly for anything I may or may not have done and scratching your head saying why the hell he didn't do this or that, I offer the following in my defense.

Though I said I'm not a complete idiot, I am a simple man. On a really good day I'm an average guy. What I mean to say I'm average height, maybe average looks and have an average job.

I'm unfamiliar with dealing with television producers, lawyers or the complexities of contracts. Even I consider myself to be a boring somewhat dull guy, but at the end of the day I do consider myself to be both a loving and caring husband and father that would do anything possible to protect his loved ones.

Things that I'm not is a former army ranger or navy seal. Few of us are and there's a reason for that.

I'm not a former CIA agent or a spy with surveillance gadgets out the whazoo. I'm not trained in martial arts, I have yet to accept my first match in the ultimate fighting ring and I never had the inclination to sign up for ninja warrior lessons down at the mall.

Played a lot of sports so I'm not totally out of shape, but I'm also not a weightlifter or marathon runner.

Now picture yourself as just an average run of the mill family man with no special training of any kind. Your life is perfect in every way. You have a loving and faithful wife, beautiful daughter, good friends and you mow the lawn once a week in the summer. Perfect, right?

Stay with me here.

Your just gliding along when one day life sneaks up on you when you least expect it and kicks you in the balls as hard as it can. Then...when falling to the ground in extreme pain holding said balls, life bitch slaps you for good measure.

See what I mean yet?

Nothing that I have done in past, either physically or mentally had prepared me for the situation I was now in.

Like I said, on a good day...I'm average.

What I also am is a very irate jealous husband, totally lost without any real direction. I couldn't get my hands on the man seducing my wife because he was being protected, but don't doubt for a second that if given the opportunity I wouldn't beat him within an inch of his life. Then again I might not be able to stop myself from going all the way and dumping his body somewhere off the beaten path.

As for my jealously, which by the way I don't consider to be over the top but there nonetheless, I'll gladly admit comes from my own insecurities. I never thought I would ever find anyone as perfect for me as Sherry and the thought of ever losing her was just too painful to think about.

I may be average and may be dull, but I do have a pretty good sized temper that I'm trying to control the best I can, if for no other reason than just being there for my daughter.

I believed that my daughter along with Sherry's sister and parents were on my side and wanted nothing more than to see my wife come to her senses, but I got the feeling that there might be a different thought process with friends, acquaintance's and the rest of America. Despite Sherry's behavior on the show, it was as if people couldn't get enough of the potential cheating wife and the family that may be torn apart by a woman too caught up in the moment to realize what's going on around her.

I had spoken to the lawyer only hours earlier yet now sat down with a can of ginger ale and bag of chips for another episode of sheer hell.

The network show wasn't on until the next night, but I settled in to watch the cable version at ten o'clock. They called it the live feed and much of it was live, however they did show a lot of prerecorded material that they deemed too hot for the network. Not a surprise that Sherry and lover boy took up a lot of this time.

I was in the living room while Lynn was finishing her homework in her room. I was pretty sure she was already done and just assumed that with the direction the show was going it would be difficult to be in the same room as me. She might also have been trying to avoid seeing her old man cry, which was a distinct possibility.

The show began and it didn't take long for them to show my darling wife.

It began with Jake and Sherry sitting by the pool with some of the others. She looked fantastic in a skimpy white two piece swimsuit that she must have purchased for the show on the Saturday before she left.

To say I was conflicted is an understatement.

She looked absolutely gorgeous and a part of me was bursting with pride knowing that the beautiful 42 year old blonde housewife that could easily pass to be in her twenties was my wife and lover.

Then I wondered if she still proud that I was her husband.

Also, the realization began to set in that though the suit fit her well, it was far too revealing for a faithful housewife to be wearing in the presence of strange men. My heart began to sink at that thought and it practically exploded when I realized that her intentions were to wear it for Jake, not me, her husband.

God how I loved this woman. How could she not understand how her actions were tearing my heart out little by little as I began having thoughts of what I might have to do if she went too far? Difficult decisions may be approaching and I wasn't any too sure that I could make them in my state of mind.

They had no gotten up and walked over to the couch not far from the pool and the others soon joined them. Sherry had a towel wrapped around her yet was still cold. Jake being the gentleman he was pulled her close and put his arm around her to keep her warm.

My heart was breaking while my brain was suggesting ways to hurt the son of a bitch holding her.

There is little doubt that he was in full seduction mode. Worse yet she's fully accepting his advances.

Her excuse later would probably be that it was just part of the game and she was just acting. I've known Sherry for a long time and I can tell you right now she's not that good of an actress. Anyone with half a brain could see that she was enjoying the attention.

The other houseguests all appear very uncomfortable with their actions. This is especially true for two of the other married women. It's obvious by the disapproving looks that what's taking place is no longer a part of game play and this woman they barely know anything about is risking her marriage for more than just money.

The other house guests go in for the night leaving only Jake and my wife on the couch outside. Jake then begins to smoke and offers Sherry one. My jaw almost hit the floor as she accepted it and then the light that followed.

What the hell was happening? Sure Sherry had been a light smoker when we first met, but she had quit long before Lynn was born basically because she knew how much I hated it. I wasn't controlling mind you and didn't preach to her, yet she knew I disapproved because it was so unhealthy.

Yet here was my loving wife taking a deep drag before blowing out a plume of smoke high into the air. She looked comfortable doing it as well which made me wonder if she had been smoking recently and was hiding it from me. Then again, maybe she never quit at all and was an expert at concealing it from me. I no longer knew what to think.

It also made me wonder why she seemed so comfortable around this younger guy and if maybe she had been doing something else all along and was good at concealing that as well. Never would have thought of such a thing before that morning the TV people showed up on our front lawn, but now a seed had been planted.

As I watched the two of them snuggling I thought I was going to be physically ill. My heart just sank as Jake looked to see if anyone was around and seeing that they were in fact alone, raised his arm over his head. As if on cue she melted into his body as she had done with me so many times while on our own couch watching TV. And like me, Jake then easily slid his arm around her shoulder and drew her closer.

I honestly believed at that moment if Jake suggested they both leave the show and criss-cross the country robbing banks like some modern day Bonnie and Clyde...she would have walked out the door with him without giving it a thought. Hell, Harley could drive the getaway car which would free them up to make out in the back seat in-between bank jobs. By now Harley was becoming a sneaky little piece of shit like his buddy.

Even the host, Katy Ross saw that these two had a bro-mance going. I only wished they liked each other even more and were gay, but sadly that wasn't the case and Jake had eyes only for Sherry. Harley too had been casting his eyes her way and it seemed to me that neither asshole had a problem working with the other to get want they wanted.

Despite what Sherry might think of Jake, the last thing in the world he was going to be was jealous. Just as long as he got her was all he cared about. There was no real emotional connection on his part and certainly not any love. Jake only loved himself and I believe the only stipulation he would have with sharing my wife with Harley was that Jake would have her first and then they would take turns after that.

What the hell was happening to my life? The thought of sharing my wife was both ridiculous and disgusting yet a little over a month into show there was the chance another man might win her and do just that.

I hated myself for even having these kinds of thoughts.

When the nights show ended, I was wondering if I should even bother watching the cable version. I wasn't sure if I could take any more of what I was seeing. The last thing in the world I wanted to see was my beautiful wife being seduced by another man, but found it impossible to look away because I just had to know what was happening.

Now I've heard of husbands that like to watch their wives with other men. Let me make one thing clear. I found nothing erotic with what was taking place and cringed at the thought it would go any farther. Watching the events taking place did increase my blood pressure though, reason being I had murder on my mind.

Not exactly erotic is it?

Lynn must have been watching upstairs because as soon as the show ended she appeared in the living room with me with an incredibly sad look on her face.

"Dad...I'm scared!"

"Why's that Punkin'?"

She walked over and sat on the other end of the couch, but didn't lean back. She was upset and nervous and it showed just by her body language.

"It's mom. She's acting all weird."

I hesitated for a moment before giving the well thought out answer of, "Yeah...I know."

It really is scary how deep I can be at times.

My daughter continued, "Since when does mom smoke? I mean she lectured me practically every day since I was three about the evils of smoking and there she is doing it on national TV. What do you think she would say when she comes back and finds that I started smoking?"

"I'll make it easy for you sweetheart. I'd slap you silly before your mom ever saw it."

She looked at me and giggled a bit when she saw me grinning at her. She knows all too well that I would never raise a hand to her or her mother.

Then she turned serious and said in a sad and concerned tone, "What's happened to her dad?"

I shook my head and replied, "Wish I knew. I think she's just all caught up in the show and wants to win at all costs."

Lynn then hesitated before saying, "I don't think that last parts totally right dad. I see the way she looks at that guy and I don't think it has anything to do with the game. I hate to say it, but I think she might be falling for that scumbag."

I smiled slightly. Mostly out of pride that my little girl had grown up and can think for herself. In addition she was thinking the exact same thoughts as her old man. I too thought that Sherry was too easily led into this seduction on her own and that she was actually beginning to have feelings for this guy despite the fact that the game was far from over.

Then she said something else that resonated with me. She looked right at me and said, "Dad...we have to do something before it's too late. It's scary enough to think that mom will do just about anything to win the game, but I think it's more than that. I mean...every episode it gets worse. She lets that..."

"Your mom's a big girl and we have to trust her to make her own decisions. Aside from that there's not much we can do."

I could see the years in her eyes as she asked, "What if she makes the wrong decision?"

I hesitated before answering.

"Then she'll have to face the consequences I guess."

Lynn turned pale.

"Would you divorce her?"

I couldn't speak at first, but did manage a slight nod. Then with my voice cracking some I replied, "I don't know sweetie. It's possible I guess, but let's not talk about that right now."

She was getting frustrated and it showed a minute later when she said, "Well...what are we going to do about it?"

"There's not much we can do about it sweetheart."

She didn't give me time to explain before blowing up.

"Damn it dad, are you just going to sit there and take it? I mean I hear some people calling you a wimp and it's getting harder and harder to defend you."

She then sniffled and placed her face in her hands so I couldn't see her crying. I didn't have to see her face. Her entire body was vibrating.

123456...9