All Comments on 'Amorous Goods: The Victrola'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Damn...

Had me crying at the end with that Vera Lynn song. Good job, Tramp. Thanks. 5*

ReadyOneReadyOneover 3 years ago
A perfect Twilight Zone story.

Didn't they reboot it?

If it's still going, you might want to reformat this into teleplay format.

I wouldn't try too hard to make it a perfect TV show; they will hack what ever you give them to death. And don't forget the legal beagle/agent!

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

Saddletramp, I loved by your supernatural take on this story. Call me a dumb romantic but I was pleased when the wifes soul was reunited with her physical body. Great plot and great characters...what more could a reader ask for!

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

hi saddle tramp love this story 5 stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Interesting story! It's almost like he performed an exorcism using that Victrola.

5

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
No! No! NO!!! WHAT DID THE LABELS SAY!!!???

AAAAaaaargh!!!

5-stars

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Pretty good spooky story.

rmeyerhormeyerhoover 3 years ago
Different

yeal, different but a great read.

VinastodaVinastodaover 3 years ago
5 +

I agree with others say you're one of the best writers on this page. I love the story, if I could have given it more than five I would have. I expect more great things from you.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

You never cease to amaze me with your take on a subject. Yes the Vera Lynn bit was a very nice touch. Made my morning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
it was fun

a few things jumped out at me. The first is she did not always have to wear the ring. He said she had it on when she went to the house. It wasn't really explained that she had no control to not wear it. So to me once she recognized annabelles existence she should have not worn the ring ever again. He also never told her he knew she got the ring from Donald and she lied. She lied about being at the house so often. No confrontation. Then, at the end when they have sex she mentions how she learned a few things. As the husband my mind would immediately go back to her body having sex with Donald and I would be done - no erection and I would need some help to get over it. She should not mention the sex ever again.

Oh, one more thing. He didn't desert the records or the victrola?????

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
Great story

The foreshadowing ran a tad heavy, so I found it easy to see ahead, but I did think he'd take the Vict to the house with the super-strong energy field, and not the hospital. And while saving wife, maybe "run" into Jonas again, and leave him hanging in Hades. Overall a great series as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Catholic?

Purgatory is not a biblical thing.

It's in his presence or not.

Still a pretty good yarn.

Nice to see he got his love back.

Cheers

Bear_TrainerBear_Trainerover 3 years ago

Outstanding!!! If I could give the story I'd give i six stars.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

"To this day, she still works at her uncle's shop, selling off the rest of his large inventory."

Why?

Also what was the new label?

Also prior stories made it clear the niece didn't know the items were supernatural

tizwickytizwickyover 3 years ago

Another outstanding 5 star effort! Very well written and a excellent original plot! Your talent for the written word is truly amazing.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

Sorry couldn’t get into once the supernatural stuff cropped up just me I guess. Great writer but this story is not my cup of tea.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"It's been a while since they made love," she works in real estate and GNO's, three strikes in a Loving Wives story! But she's presumably had the job for a while, why is it only NOW that their love life has dropped off?

/

Vikki's the "only remaining relative," but she has a brother? She supposedly has her own career path, but she's there ANY time, day or night?

/

He should confront her about her personality changes. If she tries to deny it, tell her that the kids have even noticed.

/

Whether she did it deliberately or not is somewhat beside the point. If they can't restore her, what's the point in staying married to an empty shell?

/

Why does he need the record? He's already got her message on a MP3 file.

/

Why did Donald go along with the plot, knowing that he would go into purgatory or wherever he would go when Jonas took over his body?

/

"Terri looked at me, her eyes wide with wonder as she took in the player." = I'm surprised she has enough consciousness to be able to wonder about anything.

/

I'm impressed! This being a Tramp story, I didn't expect the wife to be an innocent victim.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Well done. Loved every paragraph and the paranormal.

Thanks

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 3 years ago
can you say twilight zone

i do enjoy spending time in your universe saddle (lol)

not your usual but still good

keep em comming

5* no hardons but i didn t get sick either

dc6370dc6370over 3 years ago

Yet another home run.

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerover 3 years ago
It seems

as if this story line has energized you, well done.

jezzazjezzazover 3 years ago

There was a sci-fi show called ‘The Lost Room’ back in the early 2000’s which was about a hotel room, lost in time and space, and the key to it opened any door into the room, and when you left, you could end up anywhere you wanted to be. All the items in the room were lost in the world, and all had powers, the like of which you have here.

A very similar concept.

You should open this for other authors to write stories about Amorous Devices.

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years ago
Loved it.

You’ve entered the Twilight Zone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Vera Lynn died in June...

She was 103,

“We’ll meet again...”

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Whoa there Big Boy, you certainly took an unexpected turn into the Never Never land. Yeah, but I liked it. Thanks for sharing.

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
This is the second

story I've read, in the Amorous Goods, anthology! You of course made it your own!

Well done my friend, very well done indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story, clever and different

Science fiction and Halloween rolled into one. Great story, just enough character development to give us a sense. The way he brought her back, with "We'll meet again" was clever. Full 5.

Thanks again.

Ekim730Ekim730over 3 years ago
Great story!

I totally enjoyed each plot twist and turn

Refreshing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Certainly a mixed bag

Probably better in Non-erotic or Sci-fi. Maybe even Erotic Horror. But not Loving Wives. Well written but just too far off beat for me. Thanks for the effort.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Oh dear sbrooks

Poor chap doesn't quite get you ST. Suspend your universe Mr Brooks and enjoy ST's very entertaining and well written stories in his universe, it's all just fun and looking at his consistently high scores most Lit readers agree. Thank you ST for a nice light, unbelievable and entertaining story in a category usually filled with tales dark and morbid. 5*

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Saddletramp is on a roll lately. Everything he writes is golden these days. This is yet another 5 star story.

ManoBlueManoBlueover 3 years ago

"And I know she would never cheat on you.

I hate when people say shit like this! Like how do you know?

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

5* Another clever, original story that is well written. Write On!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
57 Chevy...

I've got a 57 Chevy, had it since it was new. Great car and lots of memories in it. Thanks for the story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
OH YEAH !!

Way to go ST, I don't know how you keep coming up with your tales but I love your writings. This story is a bit over the top for some of your readers but I wonder about some of them when they don't seem to recognize fact from fiction. You mix your writing with the paranormal many times and make a good storyline that is just that,

A STORY!! To me the mixture is just fine because it makes for a good tale to be enjoyed for what it is. I consider myself fortunate to have found your stories on LIT.

Kudos to you and may the writings continue to flow from your wonderful, creative and fun mind.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Well done

A bit different but none the less a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Brilliant writing, holds one completely enthralled, you feel as though your actually there with them. Definitely the BEST story I've read in years . A VERY WELL DONE !!!!

penneydog55penneydog55over 3 years ago

Fantastic!!!!

I love these stories...Well Done

5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
Excellent!

What a wonderful story. Happy ending, a loving wife that didn't cheat, a family NOT torn apart by divorce, no shame or humiliation for anyone but the bad guys. I swear, your stories just keep getting better and better. 5 stars, absolutely.

Thanks for posting.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 3 years ago
Just another excellent story

I loved the Twilight Zone reference. TYVM.

G1962G1962over 3 years ago
Wow! Innovative and creative.

I don't know how you keep coming up with the stories you put out, but you write them I will read them. You really know how the audience.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 3 years ago

Very imaginative and creative storytelling! I enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hollow Weenie

Not so much. At least she got to learn a few useful things.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
Name Mix-up

You used Vicki a few times when you meant Terri. No biggie, just a little confusing. Great Sci-Fi story, loving wife included. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
bleh...

not my thing...nice try....,but.....nope

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyable

A good yarn. And I love your song selection. I always thought this classic WWII song got screwed and Co-opted by “The Shining”

decathlondecathlonover 3 years ago
What 78s are made of...

This was an enjoyable fantasy.

With any topic in a large forum there are bound to be people who are knowledgeable. With regard to old records in this forum, that would be me.

What we call 78s did not have a standardized speed before roughly 1929. Before then the speeds varied by manufacturer and could range between 72 minus and 80 plus. They were pressed using a compound containing shellac (not wax) and indeed were and are very brittle. Vinyl replaced shellac when 45s and LPs came along starting in the late 1940s.

Wax was the medium for early Edison cylinders. Some Edison cylinder players also could record on blank wax cylinders. It was common, especially in the 1950s and 1960s, for records to be nicknamed "wax" (e.g., "lets put that on wax") or for the word to be used as a verb (e.g., "let's wax a record"), but actual wax for recordings went away with the cylinders.

It was possible for disc recordings to be made on fixed or portable record cutters (such as the blank label record in the story). Before wire or tape recorders became available, this was the primary way personal recordings or demo recordings were made. The blank discs were made of aluminum or glass and coated with a layer of lacquer or rarely acetate. The lacquer was the medium in which the cutter made the groove with the sound.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but when a record collector reads a story about records, well... you know...

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

A crazy mixed up thing not really my thing but I still liked it enough I gave you a4 .

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Liked it

Good story. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What fun!!!! 5

Very creative and well written. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Its difficult to write fantasy that takes place in God's world.

Lord Of The Rings is fun because it is a fantasy in a fantasy world, with a completely contrived theology and deities. So it has no limitations that involve logic or virtue or truth.

The only way your plot has any entertainment or drama is if the reader believes there is no God. Then, like LOTR, you can make up any scenario you want of good versus evil.

In a world with a benevolent God someone cannot take control of your soul against your will. Otherwise we would have to accept that Satan is as strong and powerful as God, and who wins is just a tossup. Despite poor Satan's best efforts, he's no more powerful than some poor soul makes him in his or her own mind. When the head exorcist of the Catholic Church was interviewed about his work, he was asked, Aren't you afraid of Satan and his power? No, the priest said smiling, Satan is afraid of me.

So this story was kind of curious. The evil people were taking over Terrie's body and soul, totally against her will and totally without any defense or intervention from God. But then after citing some chants, the evil spirits got caught, and were punished, for eternity. Punished by whom? And why was the power that was punishing their evil not interceding on behalf of restoring Terrie's soul? Her husband had to figure that out for himself, using an old record player. Kind of a contradictory random careless God in this story's theology.

Overall an ambitious and entertaining plot, but based on a careless and lame premise regarding Good and Evil. I'm glad Terrie became a great fuck. Wonder is she also remembers, and will tell Jack, that Donald had a bigger cock and did things to her that Jack will never match?

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I do not care for Sci-Fi

and this piece did nothing to win me over

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The things people will do too

I guess for some married couples you have to go the supernatural route to get a decent blowjob from your wife. You almost made is seem it better to skip the married part and just go to a vikki instead. Don't particularly care for the cheating part, if your going to cheat for a decent blow job, and sex more often then one a quarter, you might want to consider divorce. Just saying.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Totally out of character for a ST yarn but totally enjoyable. Really shows off your talent as a writer. Wouldn’t want a constant diet of this type but once in a while to show off a bit? Go for it!

Good read

Cheers

SAGE

abitshyoneabitshyoneover 3 years ago
fantastic,, loved it

just brilliant, talk about diferant, it was great, words wont do it justice,, thanks for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it

Loved your new story. I’m not a big si-fi fan but this one was a fun read. Thanks for the info on “putting a sock in it”.

I like your writing style and originality. Keep up the great work.

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Great

Super good tale coming just before halloween. Too bad some people still try to say certain things can’t happen. Anything can happen because it’s your universe, just glad you let us ride along.

grriz1grriz1over 3 years ago
This was different

With this story you did what a good author should, you kept me in the story. I was always looking for what was around the corner and wasn't able to anticipate it. I will need to red some of your other offerings to see if they are as good as this one turned out to be. Well done.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 3 years ago

WELL! Another good one rom the tramp. Surly those who complain about the 'same old, same old' can't say that about this offering.

Keep on writing! cd

JackallsJackallsover 3 years ago
Although

This type of story is not my cup of tea, it was highly entertaining.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Saddletramp, I just never know what I will find when I start one of your great stories. I do know, without a doubt, that I will be entertained. This one was a little different, but still a fantastic read. Your imagination is amazing, and your ability to put it into words is mind boggling. Keep it up please. We need it.

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
It's not Sci-Fi

Just fantasy and imagination, two traits we have come to respect in ST1956... Thank You , this was a really good story and no bitches were burned, although one got close! Anyone can keep writing the same stuff over and over again but it takes talent to adapt it to a completely different scenario and we all know that ST has that in 'truck-loads' Great Job, it went to places I never expected from you but it was a great story, Thank You. I'm a real fan of GOOD Sci-Fi but anyone confusing this for Sci-Fi doesn't get it.... at all! and Happy Halloween to you ST... 5***** as usual

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@BaggyUK, my comment wasn't intended as criticism. ST is spreading his wings, that's a GOOD thing! And I also enjoy his usual stories as well.

/

@decathlon, that's why I TRY to stay away from technical details unless I'm SURE of what I'm talking about. I'm currently writing a story about a budding recording artist getting an advance, and I deliberately didn't specify an amount. I knew that if I did, I would get comments like, "That's too low," or "That's too much," probably both!

/

@Anonhymous Re: "Its difficult to write fantasy that takes place in God's world." - I guess you didn't like the Indiana Jones movies either?

newFEDnewFEDover 3 years ago
A story that draws you in

I am an engineer so no way can I dig into your style etc. What I can saw my scientific background thinks the base is beyond my belief but the story evolves in such a way you have to read until the end. Great story

meucimeuciover 3 years ago

Another really great story by the man we can always count on to keep us engaged and reading. All I can say is it is nice to be in your world every once in a while. 5Stars all day long.

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 3 years ago

Very creative

I really liked it. I was a unique story and I like the bad people got what was coming to them.

TKiwiTKiwiover 3 years ago
rubbish

ignoring the supernatural which is OK in the plot, Terri can't be absolved for her action to start with, she had to be all for the seduction to be dragged into the soul swap. T

juanviejojuanviejoover 3 years ago
You would have been given 5 Stars in any case...

but the old Vera Lynn Song from "The Hits From The Blitz" definitely would have been worth the Five Stars! Great story Amigo...CINCO ESTRELLAS.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 3 years ago

An excellent, well-written story. Different from your usual, but just as satisfying. Easily 5 stars.

calibamma707calibamma707over 3 years ago

No BTB one star ⭐️ lol

jaF0jaF0over 3 years ago

I haven't read this story yet, but just wanted to jump in here based on some of the Comments regarding various movies and TV shows. This is one entry is a story anthology series that grew out of a Story Ideas thread. I presented the idea to the admin staff and they agreed to create this event. Submissions are still coming in until the end of October. A full list will be published on November 1st.

This is all based on the concept of cursed goods in the 80s Canadian TV show, "Friday the 13th, the Series'. You can read more here: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1527558

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
quite good

There exists one specific troubling point. It happens at the paragraph below:

"I have an idea," I said. "I don't know if it'll work, but at this point, I'm ready to try just about anything. Maybe I can help Vikki find her way back. And I think that old Victrola may be the key." She nodded her head.

The protagonist is speaking to Vikki but according to the script, he is speaking about her. A good EDITOR would catch that and have it expunged or fixed up right properly!

Smokepole

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Neat Story

We'll let JOP take care of Jonas and Donald........ 👹

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Extra point for throwing in We'll meet again & Vera Lynn.

To those of us with interests in either WW2, the Battle of Britain/RAF and or music of the 40s/WW2 period, or people from the UK, and who know that iconic song and the "Forces Sweetheart" who made it so (as well as "Bluebirds"), I'm sure it brought a few nostalgic tears to our eyes. We sing that song at a WW2 airshow to close and I was just earlier this year talking about her as she was then still alive. This story made me look her up again and I was sad to learn she passed away just this June.

Oh and though I usually go for the standard LW fare rather than occult type stuff, I do like the Twilight Zone inspired stories and this one in particular

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 3 years ago

I gave it 5 stars, I don't like loving wives type stories but it was well written and had a strange and interesting plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No matter which way you slice it...

A husband cuckold in the name of Halloween.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Halloween?

Interesting and different. Normally I'd give you 4 stars 5 for the story minus 1 for poor editing. However this is not a Halloween story ... spiritual yes ... mildly spooky... but nothing to do with Halloween. One star for trying to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Your story started off really strong, I was really enjoying it.

Then Jack goes to see Vikki for help and the answers just come too facilely and the dialogue loses its good flow. i.e. Uncle explaining his possession plan like an old Bond villain.

That's also when Jack develops the obsession about divorcing Terri in her sick bed; was it cheating or not? The woman's in a vegetative coma and the most important thing is whether she she Wanted to screw Donald or not?

I did think that Terri feeling anguish at seeing her husband's enjoyment of Annabelle's BJ technique and taking that lesson with her when she recovers was a good touch.

Just needed to tone down the fidelity obsession and let that part of the story be told in Terri's dread over what she was being made to do without embellishment.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

Another wonderful story, told great and very sensitively. Your stories alone are worth lit. to read! Thanks for that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
outer world

i think you might live in annother world all your own and i really enjoy being there with you when i read your stories. my favorites are the justice o peace thread.keep up the great work.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Love your Universe. Always have always will.

Thanks for another great story

Scores 5/5

HarryHillHarryHillover 3 years ago
Instant 5 stars!

Probably the best Amorous story offered and one of the best in the entire Halloween 20/20 contest. Thanks HH

P.S. Fuck the Anon who voted it down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I‘ma sucka fo this ones mon, ya doit right‘a mon

Five Fat Spliffs from me, mon

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Dayum!

This was your best story! It may be the best Halloween story ever. Go on, git, headless horseman!

G5902G5902over 3 years ago

An Incredible Story — Thank You for sharing this work of art!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Nice Story

As a general rule I don’t read stories that deal with the supernatural, be it ghosts, goblins, or any other such hocus-pocus weird stuff. But this story struck a chord with me and intrigued me to the point that I couldn’t stop reading it. Kudos to the author, I can count the times on one hand that that’s happened in the last eight years. This one was certainly unique and I really enjoyed it. It’s most definitely Five Star worthy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So, the dead dude is so bright he thinks the best thing he can do is reveal his diabolical plan to someone who would want to thwart it. I can accept a Victrola that acts as a medium, but that was just too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too convoluted. Should be in fantasy

Not happening

usemeanytimeusemeanytimeover 3 years ago

Well done! Well-written and a little warped....just my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I would have given it a “10”

Ok. This was absolutely amazing! Thank you for veering from the beaten path...

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Nice story. Did she really cheat since she was aware???

kinked_a_bitkinked_a_bitover 3 years ago
Wonderful

I haven't seen anything on literotica that compares to this. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What?

Jack must be the world’s biggest idiot. After getting compelling evidence that Terri hadn’t cheated, he still considered divorcing her as if she had. Nice try, Saddletramp, but this story is weak despite your taking it in a peculiar direction. Only three stars ⭐️ for this one.

beretta84beretta84almost 3 years ago
i can't believe....

i just wasted 20 minutes of my life. 20 minutes i'll never get back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Didnt understand him even considering a divorce after all that evidence.

housedadhousedadalmost 3 years ago

I will admit, this is different from the other stories I've read of yours. This one is more of the macabre but one thing is for sure, faith can move mountains or return a soul to it's rightful body. You do have a flair for throwing a twist here and there. Jonas forgot the old saying, be careful what you wish for.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Heck i thought it was good

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

SIMILAR Stories