Amy - Celebrations & Family Moments

Story Info
The Families Start to Adjust to Being One.
8.2k words
4.66
9.1k
21

Part 11 of the 13 part series

Updated 01/03/2024
Created 06/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to ANYONE is completely coincidental. Anyone who engages in any "activity" is well over the age of 18.

Author's Note: Authors love hearing from their readers and I'm no exception, it feeds our egos. I love to interact with readers (except the homophobes). Do you have questions? Please, ask away. I'll answer whatever I can. Hope to hear from you!

Some folks have guessed that I care deeply about my characters and they're right, I really do. I very much believe that if you have shallow characters, you have shallow writing. Keep the comments coming; they help my direction!

The one thing that I've found I regret is my story naming conventions. I wish that I'd have kept it simple or that Literotica allowed us to change titles 😊

Amy -- Celebrations & Family Moments

Part I

I awoke to the sensation of someone gently shaking me. When I didn't open my eyes right away the "gently" went away but the shaking remained. I popped one eye open to see my sister standing over me with an impatient look on her face.

"Up. Shower. Dress. Food. Medicine," she said.

I opened both eyes to see a fully dressed Amy crossing her arms. The look on her face was so close to my mother's face when she would wake me up for school that I almost shouted.

"You know, dear sister," I said, "you live here now. You don't have to rush out of the bed in the morning. It would be nice to wake up next to you for once."

"I must rush out of bed when I have a property settlement in two hours. UP!"

I muttered something relatively unpleasant and followed orders. By the time I joined the others downstairs, Amy was shoving various documents into a briefcase. I came into view in the kitchen and all eyes turned to me. Lys began shaking her head and Sophie rolled her eyes.

Amy looked at me and simply asked, "Suit?"

I remembered the only suit I owned. The last time I wore it was at Grace's funeral. Even with Lys and Sophie making sure I kept a (relatively) healthy routine, I was a good fifteen pounds heavier than I was three years ago. There was no way that suit would fit.

"It won't fit," I offered, lamely.

Amy looked at Sophie who nodded back to indicate that I was telling the truth.

"You're a grown man and you don't own a suit," Amy asked, clearly perturbed.

This is an argument that I'd had a number of times with my parents *and* Grace over the years. "Yes, I'm a grown man who gets to make his own decisions and I have long since decided that I don't need a suit."

Amy looked to Sophie for sympathy and I knew she wasn't going to get any. Outside of very special occasions Sophie and Rose agreed with me on the question of dressing up and the question was, "Why bother?"

"C'mon Amy," I said, "think about my life and my job. When do I ever need one?"

I could see that she wasn't happy with my answer but she was having a hard time disputing my logic. "Can you at least put on a polo shirt and slacks," she asked.

"Will do, Sis. After I eat."

I ate quickly because I knew I was holding us up. I changed just as quickly and was deemed acceptable. A few minutes later we pulled out of the driveway in Amy's Volt. I honestly didn't know that a Volt could move that fast and I can't say that I was comfortable with how fast we moved. Amy was in one hell of a hurry. We pulled up to the funeral home with fifteen minutes to spare until the settlement appointment.

The Feinbergs greeted us at the door and Mrs. Feinberg gave Amy a hug. I stood by as a silent sentinel. I don't recall if I said anything beyond a polite greeting. Mr. Feinberg had buried both my father and my wife. The only association I had with the man was death. I have no doubt he was a good person but I was uncomfortable in his presence.

Amy was excited and I was excited for her. I loved my sister more than I could ever describe. I loved her more than I should, if we're going to be frank but man, I was glad I was the "silent partner" because this place gave me a severe case of the willies.

The agent with the final paperwork arrived and after more signatures than I could count, Amy and I were officially the owners and the Feinberg's said their last goodbyes to the home they'd been in for decades. The older couple gave the home one last look and then they drove out of our town and our lives.

After the Feinbergs had left and with unvoiced reluctance, I agreed to walk through the property with Amy. She handed me a notepad and we went from room to room with her making comments. I took a lot of notes.

"There's a few things that need to be modernized before I can take any clients," she said, "and none of it will be cheap."

"It is what it is, Aim," I assured her, "we'll do what needs to be done."

We found our way to Amy's office. She'd already had a desk set up and some chairs from her house in New Paltz to sit on. Amy broke out an internet hotspot and her laptop and started to send a series of e-mails to contractors and utility services. I just watched her work, fascinated with the way her face scrunched up.

"I'm not even applying for any licensing until the work is done," she said over her screen, "yeah, legally the place is good to go but I want it updated first. It shouldn't be more than the money I knocked them down in the offer."

I reminded Amy again, that we would do whatever we had to do.

The doorbell rang and Amy's head sprung up, surprise. "Who the hell is that?"

I volunteered to go see who was at the door hoping like hell it wasn't a grieving family looking for someone to bury a loved one. When I opened the door, I was greeted by a forty something, pretty, red head.

"Hi, I'm sorry," she said, "I'm looking for Amy Fries."

"Uhm...she's in her office," I said, "come on in."

Once inside and out of the glare of the sun the woman was able to get a better look at me. I heard her gasp, "You're David! Jesus, its uncanny."

I took a logic leap and said, "I'm going to go out on a limb and say you must be Erin."

Erin was the friend Amy confided in when we first became a couple.

"You got it in one, handsome," she said, grabbing me in an ambush hug.

I heard Amy come into the vestibule from her office. "Hey, let go of my man you fire-haired slut!"

"You're banging your brother and you're calling me a slut," Erin laughed. She broke away from me and ran to Amy, sweeping her up and hugging her.

"Congratulations, baby," Erin said, "this was long overdue!"

"What was," Amy asked, "running my own home or really being done with Christopher?"

"Both," Erin exclaimed.

The pair carried on for several minutes acting as if they hadn't seen each other in months. I know they had dinner together at least once a week, though. One sentence caught my attention. Erin said that she was unsure if she had wanted to come to the door because there was a creepy no-necked guy watching the building.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," I growled. Erin looked at me in surprise and Amy just shook her head. I unlocked my phone and dialed my brother, Cal.

After a second, he answered, "yeah?"

"Cal, what the fuck are you doing?"

"Uhm. What do you mean, Dave?"

I walked to the front door and threw it open. It only took me a second to spot his car and his bald head behind the driver's seat. Our eyes met.

"For fuck's sake, Cal. Just come in."

I watched Cal climb out of his oversized pick-up truck and he crossed the street, holding a huge planter of flowers. Something didn't look right about the way he was walking. It looked like he was limping. No, it looked like he was almost stumbling, pausing for breath every few steps and then stumbling on. As he got closer, I could see that he looked generally unwell. Shit. His ankles looked like tree stumps. Cal was seriously ill.

"Are you okay, Cal," I asked.

"I'm fine. I wanted to,""congratulate Amy on getting the funeral,""home."

"Come in and sit down, Cal. She'll be glad to see you."

Cal walked past me and sat down heavily in one of the vestibule chairs left by the Feinbergs. Amy looked at him in horror and Erin looked at him in concern.

Cal repeated that he was here to congratulate Amy and he handed her the planter.

"Thank you, Cal," Amy said, "this means a lot." She glanced at me then back at him, worry showing on her face.

Cal looked right at me and said, "this changes nothing, though."

He made it very hard to give a shit about him, he really did. "Fine by me," I answered.

Erin and Amy took the planter to her office and Cal slowly stood up to leave.

"Cal," I said, stopping his exit, "when was the last time you saw a doctor?"

"Last year," he said, "why?"

"You're sick. You need to go to the ER."

"Am not," he said sullenly.

"Sophie starts at her practice next Monday. If you don't go to the ER, would you at least go see her, please?"

"I'll think about it," he said as he pushed past me and left.

Amy and Erin came back out into the vestibule. I was already pulling my phone out and calling Cal's wife.

His wife answered, "David, what's wrong? Cal isn't here."

"I just saw your husband. Make him go to the ER; the sooner the better. Take him as soon as he gets home."

"Oh, David," Cal's wife said, "did you finally punch him?"

"No, Alice," I said to her, "nothing that easy. I'd bet my car that he's in heart failure."

Amy gasped behind me and Alice gasped on the phone. It was so close together it was like a stereo.

"Are you sure," Alice asked.

"Yeah. I'm sure. Get him to the hospital. Its Cal so you're going to have to make him think it is his idea but he is *sick*."

"Okay," Alice said, "thank you, David. I know you two don't...never mind. Thank you."

I hung up and sat down on a chair, hard, rubbing my temples.

"Cal's married," Amy asked.

"Yup. Four times. Dean's married, too but you'll likely never meet his wife. Or their kids. She got...funny."

"What do you mean," Erin asked, astounded at the dynamic.

"Stupid family drama," I explained, "I was twelve when it went down. It was between her and my parents and I stayed the hell out of it. As for Cal? He married six months before Grace and I did. He couldn't stand to be the last of us to marry so he married a girl he dated for three months when he was a senior in high school. She cheated with half the town police and tried to blame Cal when she got caught. Dad paid for that divorce. The second was a stripper he married two weeks later while he was drunk. That lasted all of two days before Dad bailed him out of that one, too. The third was the worst. Let that sink in. She married Cal because she knew Dad had money. After Dad died and she knew she wasn't going to see a cent, she left him. Alice is number four and other than being a little needy she's alright."

"So, you're the normal one," Erin asked.

"Nah, Amy is the normal one. Any normalcy you see in me is because I'm a good actor."

Erin looked at Amy and said, "I can't tell if he's joking or not."

I shrugged.

"David, please don't weird out my best friend right after you've met her," Amy admonished.

I finally broke into a grin and Erin laughed, albeit nervously.

"Tell you what," I said, "for giving you a hard time let's go to lunch. My treat."

Part II

I'd give you a blow-by-blow description of the lunch but it'd bore you to tears. We finished lunch and went back to the house.

As soon as Erin walked through the door, Chris charged her at full speed. She caught him with practiced ease, returning his hug. We all sat in the living room and Sophie came downstairs to join us.

I took my chair while Sophie sat opposite me. Amy and Erin sat on the sofa with Chris sitting on Erin's lap, listening raptly to everything she said. It was cute. So why did it bother me that Chris hadn't even said "hi" to me? After listening to the conversation for several minutes I excused myself to get everyone something to drink. Sophie followed me into the kitchen.

"You haven't said anything for fifteen minutes," Sophie observed.

I grunted a response.

I could see the wheels turning in Sophie's mind. "Oh my God," she exclaimed, "you're jealous of her!"

"Am not," I said as I poured iced tea for everyone.

"Yeah. You're jealous because for the first time in weeks, Chris isn't hanging on you!"

I answered with a glare that should have melted ice. I forgot, though, that when I'm dealing with Dr. Sophia Drake that I'm dealing with the combined inherited powers of both Grace and me!

"I'm not...," I began to say, "fine. I'm jealous But I don't understand why."

"I get it, Daddy," she said, "but..."

"But I'm being silly," I finished her thought.

Sophie grinned and grabbed the tray, leaving through the swinging door back to the living room.

Part III

I followed Sophie closely and as I came through the door it was just in time to hear Chris happily exclaim, "Clare has a boyfriend! He's Steven's brother!"

"Who's Steven," Erin asked.

"Dave's son in law," Amy replied.

Several sets of eyes turned to me. Oh, this was going to be fun.

"So, Dave," Erin began, "who is this boy that's dating my god daughter?"

"He's my son-in-law's little brother," I answered. Yeah, I know, it wasn't really an answer. I looked to Sophie for help but her jaw was stuck open. Oops, she hadn't known.

"I got that much, Dave," Erin smiled, "but who *is* he?"

"I don't know much beyond that, to be honest."

"Clare has been working for Dave's daughter, Rose," Amy explained to Erin, "she met the boy at Rose and Steven's wedding."

"I saw them kissssssssing," Chris said in a sing-song voice.

The kid was killing me. I looked at Chris and gave him the universal sign for "zipping your lips." Amy shot me a glare that would break stone.

"I didn't know about that part," I said.

"Is this what Clare wants to talk to me about at dinner, tonight," Amy asked.

"Yeah. It is. And she's bringing Rose along."

Amy looked surprised, "Why is she bringing Rose along?"

"Chris, buddy," I said, "Go check out the Blade and Bolt save game I have up on my computer. You can play around in it, just don't overwrite it."

"COOL!"

As soon as Chris was down the hall I continued. "Rose will be there so you don't make a scene, dear."

"I won't make a scene," Amy immediately protested.

"Oh honey," Erin said, "of course you will."

Amy ignored Erin's interjection and she looked straight at me, "Is Rose being there your idea?"

"Actually no, it was Clare's," I said more than a touch defensively.

Amy fumed for a few more seconds. "Why did she talk to you about Tyler and not me," she asked, then to Erin she said, "Clare keeps doing this..."

I frowned. Yes, that frown. "Because...well it is because I talk to her like a grown-up." I knew this was touchy ground and I could wind up in a heap of shit if I wasn't careful.

Amy scoffed and quickly reminded me that Clare was in fact, not a grown-up. I looked at Sophie again, hoping for a little support. I did raise two girls, after all and I got through this stage with everyone in one piece. Sophie caught my glance and nodded.

"She's close enough that when these topics come up you need to talk to her like she is," Sophie said, "and that's your doctor speaking."

Erin broke in and said, "Have they...you know?"

I sighed. I hadn't wanted to get into this detail. I didn't want to break Rose's trust but I saw no choice. "No," I said, "but she wants to. He seems to be scared of Rose and me."

Amy and Erin both sighed in relief. "What did you say to Clare," Amy asked me.

"I said that we couldn't make this decision for her and we'd be stupid to try. I told her that before she does *anything* that she had to talk to you, openly and honestly. And I told her that I thought you'd both want to talk to Sophie as your doctor."

Erin looked impressed. "That's not bad, Amy," Erin supported me and I silently thanked her.

Even Amy seemed mollified by my answer. "Was he always this good," Amy asked Sophie.

"No, not always. But he did keep Mom from killing Rose over the same issue, so he knows what he's talking about."

"I'm sorry, Dave," Amy said, "you are a pretty good dad. I forgot you've already gone through this stage, twice."

"No worries. I love you, sis. I just hope I didn't overstep my authority."

"Nope," she said. "you did good. There may be a reward for you, later."

Sophie wrinkled her nose up and said, "ew."

"One more thing," I hazarded, "you can't let on that you already know any of this. If you do, Clare will never trust either of us again and that's a sure-fire way to be a grandmother before you're ready."

Amy agreed that she would keep her foreknowledge to herself.

"I think I should be there," Erin said.

I considered that for a moment and asked, "Don't you think Clare might feel like you're ganging up on her?"

"Hm. Maybe," Erin admitted, "but I have a perspective on this that Amy doesn't."

Erin looked at Amy with a sad expression. "You don't know this but I had a baby when I was seventeen."

Amy looked flabbergasted. "What?"

"Yeah. I got pregnant by one of my brother's jock friends. My parents made me give my baby up. I don't know where my son is or who he is but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him. I wasn't even allowed to see him after I gave birth. I know it was the right thing for me to do but the heartbreak sucks. Clare needs to hear this. She needs to know it."

Amy gave her friend a hug and they both had a sniffle. I searched for something to say and I hope I didn't make an ass of myself.

"You know," I said, "Amy found me through one of those DNA search outfits. Maybe you could try."

"Someday," Erin smiled slightly, "someday."

Part IV

The front door opened and Clare and Rose came in. Clare lit up when she saw Erin and she ran to give her a hug in greeting. Rose introduced herself to Erin and got a hug as well. Clare and Erin eyed Amy in silent question so Amy confirmed that yes, Eric was in on the "family secret" and was safe to talk openly around. Clare was visibly relieved.

"So, what do you think of my future stepdad, Erin," Clare asked.

"Stepdad? Something you need to tell me Amy?"

"No, nothing yet. We've only been...well we've only known each other a month!"

"So, where are we going for dinner," Erin asked Rose. Rose looked surprised but Clare seemed fine with the turn, so she made no protest.

"I was thinking Frank's. We always go to Frank's," Clare said, 'then Erin can meet Lys, too. That's Sophie's wife!"

The quartet agreed it was a good idea and they filed out, leaving Sophie, Chris, and I to fend for ourselves. Sophie started to reheat some leftovers and I sent Lys a message on what to expect. A few minutes later Lys asked me if I wanted the discussion videoed for posterity.

"No," I replied, "just keep Amy and Clare from killing each other, please."

Periodically, throughout the evening, I received updates from Lys that the four were still talking and it seemed to be going well. Lys couldn't give me details because it was a busy Saturday night. Either way, I was relieved.

Part V

Around nine the girls were still out so I sent Chris up to bed. Sophie said that she had work she wanted to get done and she vanished to her and Lys's room. With nothing else to do I eventually grabbed my swimsuit and parked my ass in the hot tub.

I must have fallen asleep in the water because I was woken up by the jets starting and Amy cuddling into my arm while telling me that it was pretty stupid of me to have fallen asleep in a hot tub alone. I opened my eyes and looked at Amy. Amy had taken the seat next to me and cuddled in. Erin sat across from us on the other side of the tub.

Something was off.

Erin smiled goofily and asked, "Did you know that apparently your son-in-law is hung like a horse?"