Amy - Day 03

Story Info
Dave takes Amy to the family Picnic and things get serious.
7.9k words
4.82
13.9k
21

Part 4 of the 13 part series

Updated 01/03/2024
Created 06/10/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to ANYONE is completely coincidental. Anyone who engages in any "activity" is well over the age of 18.

Author's Note: Authors love hearing from their readers and I'm no exception. Chime in! By the time you're reading this the fifth part of Amy & Dave's story will be ready for transcription. I'm a very superstitious writer and I hand write everything first before I transcribe it, so it takes a little time. I have plans for the siblings' entire summer and likely part of the fall, too! I'm starting to like these people. I acknowledge the individual chapters are short and that can be frustrating for some people. I post where logical breaks in the story occur combined with my schedule. Real life and another professional project take up a great deal of time!

"Don't you think the time is right for us to find

All the things we thought weren't proper

Could be right in time? And can you see

Which way we should turn together or alone?

I can never see what's right or what is wrong

(Will it take too long to see?)"

From "Amy" by Pure Prairie League

Amy

Day 3

Part One:

I woke up alone again. I stretched and rolled out of bed and shuffled to my bedroom door. I could hear Amy, Lys, and Sophie laughing downstairs, so I decided to take a quick shower. I grabbed a comfortable pair of shorts and a T-shirt. Today promised to be warm and long and if my surprise for Amy worked out it would be very rewarding. I also couldn't wait to talk to Aunt Ellie and get some answers.

I went downstairs and was handed a Danish and some OJ by Lys and my blood pressure pill by Sophie.

"Don't think that I didn't notice you missed your blood pressure med, yesterday," Sophie said.

I took it without any further prompting. She was right; I missed it. Yesterday morning was odd to say the least. Amy looked at me and asked, "how bad is your blood pressure?"

Sophie gave me a look and I nodded my permission to tell Amy. "At his worst it spiked 180 over 110," Sophie confirmed. "And the asshole fought me about going to the hospital."

"Jesus Christ, Dave," Amy exclaimed.

"I'm fine. It is under control now and in my defense, I was drunk at the time. At that point I was drunk all the time."

"How'd you finally get him to go," Amy asked Sophie.

"I told him that if he didn't go and stop drinking that I'd leave him to his own devices again."

Amy looked surprised at Sophie's harsh words. "Well," I offered, "it worked."

Quickly changing the subject before the morning became too heavy, I said, "Let's get going in about an hour. Then we can be at the farm for lunch."

Everyone agreed and we started cleaning up breakfast. As we finished Sophie said, "Lys and I packed some stuff in a cooler for the picnic. Lys, would you and Amy mind putting it in the Jeep? I want to talk to Dad."

Uh oh.

After Lys and Amy left the room Sophie turned to me and said, "I told Aunt Amy yesterday that short of sleeping with you anything she did to make you happy was alright with me."

"That's very sweet of you, honey."

"Shut-up and listen," Sophie demanded. "Only a fool would have missed you coming home yesterday in clothes that you clearly didn't sleep in. If that wasn't warning enough, I came home last night and found her sundress lying on the living room floor."

Fuck. I had picked up -MY- clothes but left Amy's dress on the floor. Fuck.

"I'm torn between it being none of my business and wanting to smack the shit out of both of you," Sophie said fixing me with a look that would have done her mother proud.

"Perhaps," I said, "you should go with the former." I didn't like being lectured to.

"No. You don't get to run the high ground with me right now. She's a Borden (my mom's family) and Borden women stay fertile for years. You know that. You want to fuck your own sister? I'm not getting involved. I get it: You love who you love. You know I get that. But what if you get her pregnant? How the fuck are you going to explain that to our family? Or to hers? You know damn well that incest is illegal and no matter what religion tells you it has nothing to do with morals but with keeping humans a viable species. How could you be so..."

Nope. That was more than enough. I cut her off, it was time to be the parent. "Sophia Marie Drake," I said stopping her in her tracks, "You do not get to talk to me like Dean and Cal used to. Ever. You want to turn your own father in? Is that it?"

"I would never..."

"She's on birth control and we're adults. We aren't stupid."

She looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Dress. Living room."

"Dammit, Sophie. It isn't like we grew up together. We may have shared a womb but everything else about us has been isolation. We are two people, two strangers who found some pleasure in each other's company. I don't even know what will happen after she goes home tomorrow."

Sophie's eyes showed a moment of doubt. "Are you falling in love with her?"

"I...I honestly hadn't thought about it. I don't know. Maybe. Probably. Yeah."

Sophie looked a little shocked. Hell, I couldn't blame her. "Do you think that makes it any better," she asked.

"Is your issue with this," I almost snarled, "that she's my sister or because she isn't your mother?"

Ooph. I went too far and I knew it immediately. Sophie was struggling to hold back tears as she turned and left the room.

Fuck.

Part Two:

The drive to Aunt Ellie's farm was quiet and uncomfortable. Despite knowing I went too far I was still pissed at Sophie. Sophie was pissed at Amy, Lys, and me. Apparently, she told Lys what was said and Lys sided with me. Amy sat in the passenger seat confused as hell wondering where the morning lightness went. Lys, in fact, was the only one not upset in some way and jabbered endlessly about having fun making my cousins uncomfortable.

More than once I came close to turning around but I had arranged a surprise yesterday for Amy while she was clothes shopping and I couldn't wait for the reveal. I was pretty sure I had out done myself.

Amy caught my attention for a second with a questioning look. The question was evident, "What the hell was going on?"

I mouthed to her, "Sophie figured it out."

Amy looked puzzled for a second before her eyes went wide and she mouthed back, "oops."

Oh yeah. Oops was a fucking understatement. It appeared that the gidt of understatement was another trait she and I shared.

Amy cleared her throat and produced the ever-famous Drake frown. Oh shit. This wasn't going to be good. I knew it. "Uhm...Sophie. I just want to say..."

"Stop." Sophie commanded. "The one thing Dad is right about is that it is none of my business. Don't worry I've been taught well how to keep my mouth shut."

"Is everyone in this family good at interrupting me," Amy asked, finally joining the party of annoyed travelers.

Keeping my eyes forward I asked as evenly as possible, "What?"

"I said is everyone in this..."

"We'll be there in about ten minutes," I interrupted. I tried to keep a straight face and hope my attempt at a joke would break the mood.

"Asshole," Sophie and Amy said together. This of course sent Lys into a laughing fit which thankfully it was infectious and I felt the heavy mood lighten a little as we made the last turn before the farm."

Sophie concluded the conversation, "I don't like what's going on, but I'll mind my own business. Just don't make me a sister/aunt."

Lys began to hum "dueling banjoes" which set the entire car laughing. I had to remember to do something for Lys. She's been saving my ass all weekend.

I pulled into the field where the cars were parked at the farm. Putting us into park, Sophie was out of the door before I had the car turned off. As we got out Rose came...well she came waddling over to us with Steven in tow.

Sophie called to her approaching sister, "Thar she blows!"

Shaking her head, Rose answered, "Bitch."

"Bimbo," Sophie countered before both of them paused, hugged, and began laughing. Rose turned to Amy and gave her a big hug.

I handed the cooler to Steven and patted him on the shoulder. He took the hint. Boy, he was getting good at this; he might survive the family, after all.

In the distance I could see Aunt Ellie's son, Edward approaching with a big smile on his face. He was the closest to me in age; he was actually a couple of years younger; another "change of life" baby.

"Cousin!" he yelled.

"Eddie," I greeted him, shaking his hand. Eddie made his rounds hugging Lys and Sophie before turning to Amy.

"Eddie Pearson, nice to meet you," he said.

"Eddie, this is Amy Fries," I said, "Amy this is my cousin, Eddie."

He shook her hand and asked, "How long have you and Davey been together?"

"Oh, we only reconnected a few days ago," she answered, "but we spent nine months together a long time ago."

Eddie looked at me with a confused expression. "I'll explain later," I said. "Are the buttheads here yet?"

Eddie chuckled, "Yeah, Dean and Cal got here about ten minutes ago. They're bothering Dad."

"Fine. Your mom in the house?"

"Yeah," he answered, "What's going on?"

"I promise I'll explain after I talk to your mom."

We began walking across the field to the house. Amy finally asked, "Why do you call Dean and call the Buttheads?"

"You'll see in a minute," Rose giggled. "Especially if they're standing together."

Eddie chimed in, "that's about the nicest thing he calls them."

We got to the back yard of the house and it was filled with the Borden clan. Standing near the food and talking Uncle Ralphie's ear off were Dean and Cal, both bald as a cue ball.

"Oh," Amy said, "I see. They really do look like a pair of ass-cheeks standing together. Which is which?"

"Cal is the one with no neck," I said as I waved to get their attention.

My -OUR- brothers came over, looking as nervous as the day they got married. I made the introductions and poor Dean burst into tears. He surrounded her in his arms and repeated again and again, "I'm so sorry, we didn't know."

Cal, equally choked up, took his turn hugging Amy adding that he was so happy to meet her. "We have 49 years of spoiling our little sister to make up for."

Asshole.

"Let's go find Aunt Ellie," I said, taking Amy by the arm and heading into the house.

Amy, Dean, Cal, and I found Aunt Ellie in the kitchen watching the oven impatiently. "A watched pot never boils and an oven stared at never dings," I said.

Ellie gave me the biggest smile and hugged me hello. "Where are the girls?"

"Outside making the mundanes uncomfortable with some PDA," I answered.

She swatted my arm and turned to Amy, "Who are you, dear?"

"Eleanor Pearson," I said, "this is Amy Fries."

"You are so lovely dear. Call me Aunt Ellie," she said, picking up her coffee cup.

"Yes, that's the idea," I said looking at Aunt Ellie over my glasses.

"What do you mean by that," Ellie said looking at Amy. She looked right in her hazel eyes. The same eyes that I had. The same eyes that Ellie's sister had. She dropped her cup and it shattered on the floor. Dean, Cal, and I stood nearby with smiles on our faces. Aunt Ellie just stared. She stared open-mouthed at Amy slowly raising her hand to Amy's face and touching her cheek. A tear ran down Amy's face and while it was because someone nearby was cutting onions, I found myself tearing up, too.

"Are you..." Aunt Ellie began. Amy, unable to speak, simply nodded her head shyly. Aunt Ellie wrapped Amy in her arms and let out a sob.

"We knew it! Your mother and I always knew he'd find you. If anyone could, it would be David."

"Believe it or not," I managed to choke out, "she found me."

"Of course, she did," Ellie laughed. "Of course, she did. She just couldn't let go of Amy.

"We need to talk," I said. "I have a lot of questions."

"And I suspect I have most of the answers," Ellie said, pulling herself together. "Let's talk in the parlor."

We were led into the other room; the room Aunt Ellie called her parlor. As the five of us took our seats I looked out the window seeing a good view of the driveway. Good. My surprise should be here soon.

Aunt Ellie opened a book from her bookshelf and pulled out an envelope. She handed the envelope to Amy and said, "Your mom wanted me to give that to you if you and David ever found each other. She wrote it just in case she passed before it happened."

"If she'd have said something to me after Dad died, she could have told Amy herself," I growled. Aunt Ellie was right, if I had known about Amy before Mom passed, I would have stopped at nothing to find her.

"Hush, David," Aunt Ellie scolded. "Let Amy read the letter."

Amy tore the envelope open and read the first few lines. Her breathing stopped for a moment and she paused to wipe her eyes. She began to read out loud:

"My daughter,

I hoped to have gotten the chance to tell you all this in person but since your father-your birth father has passed the weight of everything has gotten too heavy. I know David and the boys felt like I abandoned them when they needed me but the truth is I could no longer face them.

I have watched David grow into a brilliant young man. He's married to a woman that compliments everything about him. They've given us two amazing grand children but I see it every time I look into his eyes. He knows. He knows he isn't whole and he is so angry.

I pray every day that you find each other. I pray that if you felt the loss, too, that you can heal each other. Even now I pick up the phone to call David to tell him everything but even now I am still too scared to do it. I love you and I miss you. I think of you every day and I am so sorry. I failed you and I failed David. I will never forgive myself. I hope you can forgive me. I hope all of you can.

Love, Mom"

When Amy finished the letter, she quietly placed it down and began to sob. I pulled her close making shushing noises, trying to calm her down. "You're making my shirt wet," I said.

"Asshole," she whispered.

My phone dinged and I stole a glance at it. "We're here," the message read.

"Hey," I said, looking out the window, "who's cars are that coming down the lane?"

Amy looked out the window and squinted. I could tell that she recognized the two cars but didn't immediately place them. When they parked and two kids, a teenage girl and a young boy got out she looked at me in disbelief.

"You're not the only one who can Google," I said with a smile.

Amy jumped up, leaned over, and gave me a kiss. Yeah, she forgot herself and gave me a kiss in front of Aunt Ellie and our brothers. Well, that would be fun to explain later.

She ran from the room and out of the house toward the figures getting out of the car.

"Who are they," Aunt Ellie asked.

"The rest of her family," I smiled again.

Part Three:

Aunt Ellie looked at me in surprise as what I said sank in.

"I figured she could use her people here," I answered the unspoken question. "They're family now, too."

Aunt Ellie looked at me with a sweet smile. "You've changed. She's changed you," she said.

I shrugged in half-ass agreement and watched as Amy embraced her parents, brothers, and children. I silently picked up the letter, folded it, and put it in my pocket. Now knowing why Mom avoided us for so long did temper the pain some but there was still so much to know.

Dean and Cal shuffled out of the room. Sometimes even the buttheads knew when to do the right thing. I felt Aunt Ellie's eyes on me. "Ask your question," she said.

"Why," I asked, simply.

"I don't know everything, only what your mother told me and I don't think she knew everything."

"Go on," I prompted. I was listening but I never took my eyes off of Amy and her family.

"It was your grandfather, your dad's dad. When he found out your mother was having twins he said if one of you was a girl, he demanded that she be given away and never spoke of again. I know you don't remember him well but he was a cruel man. He threatened to cut your parents off at the slightest provocation. He threatened to cut them off from everything." She let out a little sigh as she relived the memories.

Continuing, Aunt Ellie said, "Your father capitulated and for whatever fucked up reason your mother went along."

I turned to look at my aunt. She rarely ever used swear words and never the F Bomb. This was the first time I'd ever heard her say "fuck". This was serious.

"Your mom despised your grandfather for it and never forgave your father or herself. Dean and Cal were lied to and so was the rest of the family. Your twin sister was stillborn and you were never to know. But your mother told me the truth and made me swear to keep it secret."

"You could have told me after Mom and Dad died," I said, the anger coming back a little.

"I wrestled with that every time I saw you. But I made your mother a promise and it wasn't my place."

I looked at my aunt knowing she was telling me the truth; knowing what she had gone through keeping the secret and I couldn't be angry with her. I drew her into a hug and told her that I wasn't mad at her and that I was still trying to figure out what came next.

"Not surprising," she said, "but I have to ask: When you go forward are you going forward with her as your sister or your woman?"

What the fuck? How were people figuring this out so easily? Did I suck at hiding my emotions that much?

Aunt Ellie laughed and said, "Oh come on. Only Cal and Dean are thick enough to have missed the feelings behind that kiss or the way you two look at each other. You can barely take your eyes off of her even now."

"And this doesn't bother you?"

"Oh, I know it should, "she replied, "but if you think you're the first in this family to take a sibling or a cousin to bed then you're as thick as your brothers."

"No shit?"

"Sure! There's been kissing cousins and sexy siblings all over. Couple of oopses, too. Your Uncle Jim and one of our older sisters had a fling until Daddy found out, as a matter of fact. I thought he was going to kill your uncle. Yeah, he made them separate; made Jimmy join the army. But they were miserable their entire lives without each other. Did you ever see Jimmy or Doris happy? No, you didn't. They loved each other and could do nothing about it."

I wasn't sure how to take this information. I also never wanted to hear Aunt Ellie say "sexy siblings" ever, ever again. I already knew what I was doing was fucked up. I didn't need a euphemism to make it worse.

"C'mon," Aunt Ellie said tugging at my arm, "I have a great niece and nephew to meet."

Aunt Ellie and I went outside just as the newcomers got to the porch. The little boy launched himself at me and excitedly saying that he's played every game I ever wrote and that he couldn't wait to tell his friends. His sister, a pretty girl who was very subdued said, "So you're my Uncle David?"

"Looks that way. Assuming you're my niece, Clare."

She nodded and shook my hand.

Ellie wasted no time and knelt down to talk to Chris and Clare, "And I'm your Great Aunt Ellie. I bet you're hungry. Come with me and we'll get you lunch!"

Amy nodded her permission and off they went. Amy took my hand and pulled me along. She said, "Mommy, Daddy, this is David. My brother, David."

I put my hand out for a shake and started to say, "Glad to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Fries," when I was pulled into a big hug from both of them. It seems that COVID reminded people of the importance of a good hug and a handshake. I reveled in the human contact.

"None of that Mr. and Mrs. Fries bunk," Amy's mom said, "We're Saul and Emma. Hell, you can call us Mom and Dad if you want. You're now our son, too."

I was extremely touched. I found myself wanting very much to take them up on their offer. At the same time my lizard brain reminded me I was fucking their daughter and their openness didn't help me with the moral incest dilemma. Ooph.