All Comments on 'Amy Makes a New Life'

by sandy_paris

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a beautiful story. There was lots of sex but it was almost incidental to the love showing through ... and the cricket just made it perfect.

( Pwayman )

Inscription1213Inscription1213almost 3 years ago

Great story and an amazing follow-up to the story of Amy and Dee.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Wonderfully romantic, poignant and erotic - you craft beautiful, memorable stories. Thanks for sharing.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
Delightful

The tragic opening to the story was a bit of a gripper but following that it turned into a delightful romance with an interesting cast of characters. It's been a pleasure watching you develop as a writer, Sandy, from the first Milly Scott tale through to this one. More power to your imagination!

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoestherealmost 3 years ago

Seemed to be an overabundance of commas in some spots, and some other small things as well. But by the time theend got here I felt as though I was in the box celebrating with the rest of the lot. Thank you for the storytelling and craft in this, is is a wonderful story and a fitting followup to the original.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 3 years ago

That was wonderfully written Sandy_paris I have written before about your stories and you are a fantastic writer and this one is very loving and happy story, I hope you will write more about these people and whether they do get married as they are very much in love and they deserve each other I was more interested in the storyline than the sex which is part of two people who love as deeply as they do thank you more soon please. xxx

OpenmarriageohioOpenmarriageohioalmost 3 years ago

What an amazing story. To go from tears of sadness to tears of joy. Thank you again for writing and sharing your stories with us. 5 starts and another favorited story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love it. It was nice to see Amy find happiness again after Dee. Thank for a wonderful story.

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 3 years ago

Sandy It took me most of page two to snap me out of my funk that set in when Dee passed away. It was tough to follow Amy through her grief but gradually step by step you let her heal. Then she met Meredith and Sarah and her life steadily improved while her pain diminished. I like how you let Amy have her Dee moments throughout the story. When Meredith’s mother acknowledged that Dee touched her families lives through Amy the story felt complete. It will be fun to see how you follow up with Sarah and her friends. Thank you.

paulyepspaulyepsalmost 3 years ago

Wow … just wow .. what a great story. The only thing is I wish I knew more about cricket so I could understand what was happening in that match. It made my head spin. But what a well written story. You developed all the characters and there was so much love and emotion .. which to me is more important than the sex (but that was pretty hot too) what a way to spend an evening .. I’m sorry it’s finished. Thanks again … ❤️❤️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just sorry I can’t give it 10 stars.

shayneoneshayneonealmost 3 years ago

VERY WELL DONE LOOKING FORWARD TO MANY MORE A FAN SHAYNE

6niner6nineralmost 3 years ago
where's the handkerchief?!

i can safely say that no other story i have read on this platform came even close to moving me in the way that this beautiful, sensitive, and wonderfully penned love ballad has.

i doff my hat to you.

xoxo

AliceGeeAliceGeealmost 3 years ago

A very enjoyable read, well crafted and entertaining. It may have been a work of fiction but I confess that my eyes were moist during the cricket match. I will look forward to following Sarah's future with interest, both as a cricketer and a woman. Hopefully it will turn out that her taste in sex will mirror her mother.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story, we executed and kept me gripped, thank you

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 3 years ago

No hankies, I enjoyed the free flow of tears as I read this beautiful story. It's (too) late and I just couldn't stop reading, breathtaking as a thriller. My heart was warmed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Such a beautiful story.

So beautiful that I enjoyed the cricket commentary without a clue as to how its played.

Well done and thank you.

All smiles from Nairobi :)

JoannePareJoanneParealmost 3 years ago

Sandy is such a beautirul writer the whole story kept me rivetted as I could feel the love that slowly developped between her and Dee and after with Merdith and Sasha.

Hope Sandy writes more like this one.

Joanne

XO

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story. You are one fine writer. Thank you for your effort and the end result was greatly appreciated by all your fans.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Thought Amy and Dee's story couldn't be bettered and I was correct for this first 2 pages of this then it kicked in and, boy ( or girl!!) did you succeed. On reflection, the beginning was about Dee's death and the intense grief felt but as Amy moved on the pace and story intensified. Great writing and storytelling.

Seemed to be a couple of words omitted and / or other errors but nothing significant.

Definite 5 stars.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94almost 3 years ago

Once again I enjoyed your story and will be waiting for further developments.

BillyslateBillyslatealmost 3 years ago

An Absolutely Moving Love Story!

Just a wonderful love story from Sandy P, especially including Sarah's adoring love for Amy. I certainly feel that Amy's influence was a major catalyst in Sarah's success in Cricket.

I was also quite happy in seeing Amy surrounded by people who loved and respected her🎉. This was just an all around awesome multifaceted love story.

Definitely Another 5*-Star Performance!

Albanach2000Albanach2000almost 3 years ago

Wow, what a great story. The lead in describing Amy's grief over her wife's death gives the story a platform to build from as she slowly discovers that life goes on and builds a new one that brings her great happiness and a new family. Your skills as a writer improve with each new story and you build a credibility around your characters. Really enjoyed reading this but it was in the Christmas Day scene you got me right between the eyes with the Glengoyne! While the story is a work of fiction the Glengoyne distillery is very real and your discription of it is spot on (follow the A81 out of Glasgow towards Aberfoyle and you'll find it). I grew up near there so could instantly picture it and still refer to it as my local distillery despite living Down South now. You have made use of the Dear Green Place as a backdrop to previous stories so please continue to do so and include more of the fantastic countryside surrounding the city, you'll make this homesick Weegie very happy. Off for a wee hauf, slaithe!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I always felt like "Amy and Dee" was an unfinished work, and for me, "Amy Makes a New Life" completed the story in a beautifully life reaffirming way. I can't tell you how much I would like to see a Sarah and Hayley love story evolve out of this storyline. It seems like there is already a special connection between the two young ladies. A lesbian cricket power couple also strikes me as having a lot of potential for drama and adventure. Plus we could get more Amy and Meredith in the bargain. Yay!!! Thank you for your wonderful work Sandy, and thanks in advance for any future works.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

This was sensationell and sensuality oberload ......sooooo much happen so enchanting written , soooo hearttouching ....... All the events of five years packed smoothly in seven pages and there was no break or void in your tale, easy to follow and lovely to read ...... So warm and full of heart&soul ...... This chapter is awesome

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💖💝💝💖💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really great story.

deepred53deepred53about 2 years ago

One of the best, IMHO.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

I've not had tears three times in one story before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for this...

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story but i did understand cricket

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Great story and a more involving follow up to “Amy & Dee.” The family and Cricket aspects are winners, although I know most readers in the USA won’t understand the sporting references (Brits don’t get Baseball either btw), which does make a pleasant change around. Nice touch using Tomintoul, a decent Single Malt can be a wonderful thing to enjoy with friends or family.

Thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz 5⭐️

Rapier875Rapier875about 1 year ago

Superb !

Just a very touching and delightful story.

I loved it !

Rapier

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6437 months ago

So very good!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Beautiful! Please! Never stop writing!

kbone1kbone15 months ago

I am an American and I don't understand Cricket at all. I am a Baseball person and I don't attend any games in America. I am not a sports fanatic. I am a male that grew up with baseball. I used to play a lot, but that is a long time ago. Cricket is an English game and I don't understand it at all. I'm sorry about that!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You have a true gift. Your stories are about much more than the sex and the passion, while that is certainly there and important; they are about people learning how live with and truly love each other, shamelessly and unconditionally, while at the same time overcoming immeasurable sorrow over the loss of loved ones who were also truly loved, but in a different time and circumstance. I expect there are many readers who have had similar experiences of loving then needing to move on hoping to find that true love again. Your stories likely serve as a kind of literary catharsis for them, as the feelings and emotions come through clearly, both for individuals and between the characters. I had to use paper towels for the tears, as tissues would have been insufficient. Thank you for this lovely experience.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersandy_paris@sandy_paris
Thanks to those who have rated and commented on my work. I self-edit, juse Grammarly and reread my stories many times but still, errors slip through - I apologise for that and hope that it doesn't distract too much. Recommended reading order: Milly Scott 0 - The New Assista...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Amy and Dee Previous Part