An Accidental Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jason and I spent every spare hour between then and Christmas getting the car ready. It had surprisingly low mileage and the body was in great shape. Even the paint looked good once we buffed off five years of dust and grime. We found the issue with the engine and within a couple of weeks we had it running as good as new. Because it was for Jen, I added a few extras like a new stereo, and we detailed the interior until it shone.

Although he was bursting with pride, Jason managed to keep the secret of the new car from his mom. Truth be told I was a bit embarrassed that I couldn't get her a fancy car like her ex, the doctor, drove but I hoped that she would like it anyway.

On Christmas eve, Jen invited me to go to church with her and Jason. I wasn't much of a church goer myself, but I appreciated the invitation. I put on my best collared shirt and khakis and joined them for the early service. Jen asked if my mother would like to join them as well, but I told her that she would be at her own church pretty much all day but would be over for a late lunch on Christmas day.

Jen must have been tired from a long week because she rested her head on my shoulder for most of the service. I could feel her soft blonde hair gently cascading over my collar and down my chest, and I could feel the swell of her breast against my arm. I couldn't have told you a single word that the preacher said, but it was the first time I can remember being sad when a service ended.

Afterwards, Jen and Jason invited me over to open presents the next morning and I happily agreed. They, in turn, agreed to join my mom and I for Christmas lunch. Jen asked what she could bring but I told her that my mom would take care of lunch and that she was expecting them to join, so she could just bring herself.

I woke up early Christmas morning, excited at the prospect of spending it with my accidental family. I took some time to wrap my remaining presents and put them under the tree before heading out for a short run. I shouldn't have been surprised to see Jason up and ready to join me, a Santa hat tilted rakishly on his head.

"Merry Christmas buddy," I said with a smile.

He grinned back and we set out. We didn't go that far but by the time that we got home Jen had breakfast ready in their apartment with a nice spread of bacon, eggs, toast, and grits. When we finished it was time to open presents and Jason was almost buzzing with excitement.

Looking at Jen I could see that she was tense, anticipating Jason's disappointment at not getting the one gift he really wanted. I reached over and gave her arm a squeeze.

"It will be alright Jen. Jason will love his presents ... And Christmas is more about giving than receiving anyways." My words didn't seem to make much of an impact on her mood, but she put on a brave face.

Jason opened his presents and thanked his mom politely for each. They were mostly practical, clothing and books, with a small gift certificate for a big box store. Jen had gotten me a gift as well, which turned out to be a nice light blue dress shirt. She asked me to try it on and her eyes lit up when she saw me step out of the bedroom.

"You look very handsome," she said pretending to brush a speck of dust off my shoulder before adjusting the collar.

I blushed and replied, "thank you, I really appreciate it. Now I just need an occasion to wear such a nice shirt."

Her eyes lit up and she got a mischievous grin, but I barely noticed as I was too nervous to give Jen her present.

"Jason and I got something for you as well," I said handing her a small box with a red silk bow on top. Jen's eyes opened wide as she looked in the box and saw a key with the distinctive Toyota symbol on its fob.

"Oh my god JT, what did you do?"

"Well, I didn't do much really, but Jason and I thought that you could use a new ride. It's nothing fancy, but your current car just isn't that safe anymore, and I worry about you driving it ... so I ... so we got you a replacement. I hope you don't mind. If you don't like it, we can try to find you something better," I trailed off as Jen's face broke into a huge grin.

"I am sure I will love it," she said as she threw her arms around my shoulders. Without thinking she pulled me in and gave me a kiss on my lips. I could feel a rush of adrenaline shoot through my body and I wanted nothing more than to pull her close and lose myself in that kiss.

"Well, let's go take a look at it," I said, to distract myself from the feeling of her lips pressed against mine and her breasts pressed against my chest. Jason couldn't wait to show his mom the car and was already out the door.

"Let's go mom," he shouted over his shoulder as he made his way down the stairs.

Jen took my hand and pulled me outside before heading down to the parking lot. Her new car was parked in the corner of the lot under a grey tarp. With Jason's help, I pulled the tarp back and Jen spent several minutes walking around and admiring it from all angles.

"It's not the newest," I said shyly, "but it's in great shape and we checked over every cable and wire. Its low mileage and safe and should last you for as long as you need it." When Jen didn't say anything, I continued, "of course if you'd prefer something else, I can see what I can find ..."

"I love it JT. This is the best gift that anyone has ever given me. I'm speechless. You two are incredible."

Jen came up beside me and put her arm around my waist, leaning her head against my shoulder.

"It's incredible. You're incredible. Thank you."

If I had had any doubts about the time and effort I had invested in the car, Jen's reaction made it all worthwhile. I could feel the months of tension and worry caused by her old car drain away as we held each other. Not wanting to let go, but conscious of Jason standing next to us, I turned and said to him,

"Your mom has one more present for you Jason, but she hid it in my place so you wouldn't find it if you went searching."

Jen looked up at me, a question clearly written on her face. I gave her a wink as Jason headed for the stairs back to the apartments. She started to ask what I was talking about, but I gently cut her off by saying, "let's go see what you got him."

Jason was well ahead of us by the time we made it to the stairs and, by the time we got into the apartment, had pulled out the large box from under the Christmas tree. I had spent a good half an hour that morning carefully wrapping this one present. I knew that Jason would never believe that the gift was from Jen if it was wrapped in my normal haphazard style, so I took the time to make sure that the edges of the paper were carefully folded over and the ends neatly taped.

"Can I open it mom?" Jason asked with excitement.

"Of course you can."

Before the words were out of her mouth a small tornado of paper flew up from the present as Jason unwrapped it.

"Oh my god Mom, thank you!" Jason said almost vibrating with excitement when he saw the PS4. "You're the best! I knew you would come through for me."

He ran over to give her a big hug, before grabbing the box and heading back towards their apartment.

"Hey buddy, look under the tree. You mom told me what she was getting you and I think that you might want to see what else is under the tree before you get too far."

Jason ran back and saw a smaller present that turned out to be copies of the latest Madden and the Call of Duty titles.

"Awesome, thanks Dad" he said as he gave me a quick hug before grabbing the PS4 and his new games and heading back to their apartment.

I was stunned. Jason didn't realize what he had said but looking at Jen I knew that she and I had both heard.

"Hey Jen, sorry if I overstepped. I knew how much he wanted the PS4, and I knew how much you wanted to be able to give it to him, so I thought I might be able to help. You know, I don't really think that he sees me as his dad, he was just excited. I am sure he sees me as more of a fun uncle, or crazy cousin or something."

I said the last part with a smile, hoping to lighten the mood as I saw tears forming at the corner of Jen's eyes. She crossed the room and stood no more than a foot in front of me, looking up into my eyes.

"Don't sell yourself short JT. Jason looks up to you like a father. You have done more for him in a year than his own father did in a lifetime. You're a pretty awesome guy."

"You think so Jen?"

She took my hands while gazing up into my eyes, "I do. I think Jason would be lucky to have you as his dad."

"Well, for that to happen you and I ...," I began, my voice getting caught in my throat.

"Would that be so bad?" Jen replied moving closer. "Don't you think it's time you asked me out on a real date?"

"Could I take you out for dinner sometime?" I asked, feeling a well of joy rising that I could barely contain. "I have a nice new shirt that is just looking for an occasion to be worn."

"How about tomorrow night," said a voice from behind us as my mom came into the apartment, her arms full of presents and shopping bags of food. "I can watch Jason, not that he needs that much looking after, while you two finally accept what the rest of us have known for months."

"You don't have to do that for us mom ..." I began, but my mom cut me off before I could finish. "It's my pleasure ... and being right is its own reward. I told you she loves you."

"Mom!" I said, mortified at her comment, particularly in front of Jen.

"Well, it's true dear. No reason to get grumpy about the truth. And you love her too."

"Jen, I am so sorry ..."

"No, its alright. She's right you know; I do love you."

"What? I had no idea. How long? Why?" I started to babble until Jen kissed me to get me to stop.

"I have loved you since back in the spring when you were coaching the 7-7 team. You created a place for those kids, for Jason, when no one else would give them a chance. When I was out with Mike at some fancy restaurant after the games, I realized that I would much rather be at the diner with you. I realized I was in deep when Sunday dinners and going to Jason's games with you became the highlights of my week.

"I had begun to think that you just weren't interested in me though. A girl can only wear so many pairs of Daisy Dukes without getting any reaction before she begins to doubt herself. In fact, I had started to give up hope until I overheard you talking with your mom at Thanksgiving. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but your door was open, and I couldn't help but hear what you said. JT, you are the best man that I know, the best man I have met. Don't ever think that I need something or someone else."

"If you heard me at Thanksgiving then you know how I feel," I replied, still stunned by Jen's revelation. "I just didn't think that you felt the same way."

Christmas lunch was a bit of a blur after that. Jen and I couldn't take our eyes off each other. Jason didn't seem to notice as he regaled us with facts about his new gaming system and my mom happily pretended like there was nothing to see. As lunch ended and we cleared the dishes, Jason went back to their apartment and returned with a final gift that was maybe eight inches high and two-foot square.

"JT," he began hesitantly, "I just want to say thank you for ... well, thank you and Merry Christmas." With that he handed me the gift and watched as I opened it. Inside was a gleaming wood inlaid steering wheel.

"Last month, I was looking online, and I finally found the steering wheel your dad dreamed of for the Shelby. I pooled my tips from pumping gas and the guys at the shop all pitched in to get it for you. For your dad. You nearly ruined the surprise, though, when you found it the next day. Good thing I had already bought it."

Jason grinned as he looked at me and I felt overwhelmed with gratitude, thinking of the years that my dad and I, and now Jason had spent on bringing the Shelby back to life. On making it whole despite its flaws. Or maybe because of them.

"Thank you, Jason. It's beautiful."

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your ratings. I had originally thought of this as a standalone story but have a few ideas for a sequel if there is enough interest. Cheers.