An American Count Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Luke and Sophia dressed and made their way to the dining room where breakfast awaited them. Luke had told Johann to make sure Tobias was in the room when the meal was served. Tobias stood at attention as the Count and the Baronetess entered the dining area, but said nothing. Luke and Sophia sat at their respective place settings then Luke spoke.

"Tobias," Luke started, "the Baronetess tells me that your father has left the castle and most likely will not return. Is this your assessment of the situation as well?"

"Ja, meine Herr," Tobias responded. "I have spoken with my father and he has accepted the executive chef position at the von Furstenburg palace. He shall not return here, Sire."

"Very well, Tobias." Luke said. "You are hereby promoted to executive chef with the commensurate salary raise. Have Anna and Marie move your belongings into the Master Chef's quarters as soon as possible."

"Thank you, my Lord," Tobias said and bowed slightly. "Sire, may I request that Marie's belongings also be moved to the Master Chef's quarters?"

"Marie's belongings?" Luke asked, a smile slowly creeping on to his face. Sophia took a sip from her coffee mug to hide her widening smile. "Why?"

"You see, my Lord," Tobias continued, "I have asked Marie to marry me. With your permission, Sire, we would like to be wed as soon as possible here at the castle."

"I can think of no better place, Tobias." Luke answered. "Please accept the use of castle chapel and reception hall as my gift to you and Marie. And I can think of no better date than Christmas Day. That will give us time to prepare." Luke stood and shook the large chef's hand. "Congratulations, Tobias."

"Thank you, Sire." Tobias took the nobleman's hand and shook it vigorously. Suddenly, the double doors to the kitchen opened and Marie, clandestinely listening in the back, ran into the dining room and leapt at the Count, embracing him and kissing him swiftly on the mouth.

"Oh, thank you, my Lord!" Marie cried as she forgot protocol and hugged the startled Count. She then ran to Sophia and hugged the Baronetess tightly. Sophia held the lithe brunette and both women cried tears of joy at the impending nuptials.

Luke leaned in to the giant cook and whispered, "Now you won't have to sneak around in the linen closet anymore." He gave the astonished chef a quick wink as he slapped him on the back playfully.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The two weeks before Christmas and the wedding sped by quickly as preparations were made for the big day. Sophia and Marie found a lacey white wedding dress for Marie that didn't need many alterations and Luke helped Tobias pick out tuxedoes for the groomsman. Tobias asked Luke to serve as his best man and Sophia accepted Marie's offer to be the maid of honor. Christmas day arrived and, after the castle dwellers had opened the presents that Luke had purchased for them, the guests began to arrive for the 1pm nuptials. As the town clock tower chimed once, the organist in the castle chapel began to play the wedding march and the arched double doors opened. Johann walked Marie down the aisle to a waiting Tobias standing nervously at the altar. The simple ceremony lasted no more than twenty minutes as the couple exchanged vows and gold bands. As the minister proclaimed Tobias husband and wife, the massive groom lifted his tiny bride off the altar carpet and kissed her, ending the ceremony. The newlyweds walked down the aisle and to the reception hall to celebrate with family and friends.

Dinner and drinks were served to the guests and Luke, as was the tradition, made the first toast to the new couple. He toasted their happiness and long life together, then surprised the new couple by handing them an envelope. Marie opened the paper and nearly fainted. Inside the envelope was one more gift from the Count: an all-expense paid weeklong honeymoon trip to Tahiti. Marie once more breached etiquette and hugged her employer. Luke told the couple to have fun for a few hours this afternoon, but be prepared to leave by 8pm because their flight left tonight. The party continued with the first dance of the new couple, then the cutting of the cake and more dancing. Luke and Sophia danced every slow number together and many of the guests asked when the Baronetess would become Luke's Countess. The couple merely laughed off the queries and continued dancing. At 7:45pm, the wedding guests heard the faint sound of chopper blades cutting through the air. Luke found Tobias and Marie and smiled at the new couple.

"You'd better make your way up to the roof." Luke said with a grin. "I think your ride is here. Don't worry, I had Johann and Anna pack your bags for you." The young Count hugged the new bride and shook the groom's hand. "Have a wonderful time, you two!"

"My Lord," Marie spoke as she embraced Luke once more then hugged Sophia. "Thank you so much. You are so generous. Both of you. I hope to take part in your wedding soon, my Lady." She released Sophia and her and her new husband ran up the stairs to catch their ride to the airport. The guests filed out into the brisk Christmas night air to wave good bye to the newlyweds as they departed for their first trip together as a married couple.

As the guests began to leave, Sophia latched on to Luke and kissed him outside the castle entrance. "That was a very nice thing you did for them, Luke." Sophia said as the snow began to fall on them. "And the gifts you bought for all of us! Giving seems to be in your blood, Sire." She teased.

"Christmas isn't over yet, my Lady." Luke replied. Before Sophia could ask what he meant, she heard the sound of yet another helicopter approaching. She looked at Luke quizzically and the nobleman smiled widely. "I suggest you gather the bags I had Anna pack for you as well, Baronetess. We have our own flight to catch very soon, my love."