All Comments on 'An Angry Man'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments
PondLife2023PondLife202315 days ago

Let the little bastard die! Just an unfortunate accident by a cheating bitch!

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos16 days ago

People talking about the second husband and child support - I think Julian would have filed to have his paternity established over Laura, effectively ending the child support. If anything, the other man could have sued Gwen for making him pay anything for Laura when he thought it was his kid. Anyway, it was obvious that they established paternity pretty early on so that he could get Laura on his health insurance and it was obvious that the other guy wouldn't have fought it at all.

<>

Personally, I don't think this is an "RAAC" story. Gwen wasn't evil, just immature - she just wanted out of her marriage and as she said, "was too chickenshit to ask for a divorce". She made a selfish stupid choice to not face Julian and she paid for it pretty heavily and grew the fuck up in a hurry. I know the BTB crowd don't like to acknowledge it - but people do change. Most people, frankly, get worse over time, but a few get better. Hell, I know that pre-kids me and current me are like two completely different men with different value systems and different views on a whole host of subjects. I suspect most people can look back at the "them" from 10-15 years ago and either be embarrassed or not recognize that person at all. That's pretty normal.

<>

Overall, it was a decent story. I think Julian was a bit too angry and cynical for too long and the story didn't do a great job of developing his character and showing his character growth as opposed to Gwen, who was basically reintroduced into the story as an almost different character due to her experience in the intervening 7 years.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Way to have a man with virtues and integrity trade it all in for a cheating whore, 5star down to 1star not just because of the reconciliation though I hate 99% of stories with cowardice cucks, but because none of you authors have the women take responsibility for their evil actions nor face any consequences for them, few will write about how life pays the wives back with bad karma but not only is that mumbo jumbo bs but it still doesn't teach the cheating whores a God damb thing about how self-entitled and narcissistic they are/were or have them suffer enough direct consequences so they can actually repent, then and only then should any of these whores be granted any forgiveness. In 98% of the stories that forgive the adulterous wife rarely if ever have her deserving of it, with no real consequences, no real repentance, they learn nothing and won't change their evil ways and these idiot men take them back!

DukeofPaducahDukeofPaducahabout 1 month ago

This story packed plenty of emotional punch. It also had complex, realistic characterization. Nice. I liked that Julian took his ex in despite his resentment over not being told he had a daughter. He was a bit of a

butt-nugget at the start, but his subsequent relationship with his daughter acted as a catalyst to temper his cynicism and soften his outlook. Over time, he became a much more empathetic person, but his relentless attitude as a hatchet man shows that he still has a way to go. Perhaps a good stool softener would be effective.

This tale was well crafted. It brought a tear to my eye more than once. “Are you not entertained?” I am.

AllNigherAllNigher3 months ago

Good story. S few disturbing comments as usual.

Enjoyed the read.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Quite entertaining. The MC's character was complex to say the least. Quite principled. He made a big sacrifice for his daughter. Am angry but good man. Though his job must suck.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He should’ve put the cholos down like rabid bitches!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

“Is adultery a capital offense?”

Yes. Always has been. That only changed very recently compared to all of history. It changed because rich men didn’t want to worry about poor men coming after them because they seduced wives. The law can be changed, but in our hearts we know what is just, and the penalty for adultery is always a public, humiliating, and painful death!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I have you four stars.

And then changed it to five. Nice job.

JPB

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Always liked the one. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written, believable and with a realistic ending. Coherent plot.

photogman18photogman186 months ago

I think that a lot of people who comment have an axe to grind or a fetish that has to be stroked for them to take note of the good qualities in a story. The writing is well-done; the story is believable, and outcome is OK. I have experience with childhood leukemia and adult cancers, so this one hit the right buttons a few times.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Good story, with a decent ending.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story from a skilled writer. Your creatvity made it better than what is normally on this site. Loved the little Laura's recovery. 5 Star quality

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Yes DNA test will persuade a court to remove you from birth certificate. In most states if woman is married the husband is almost always bautomatically list as father, so I know that getting a DNA test can have that changed.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Started well but fell apart in the usual, predictable-absolutely not remotely connected with the real world and totally devoid of any room for suspension of disbelief-trope theme.

He did the right thing providing the donor marrow. Going to see the child, and going down the nonsense road to happily ever after is nonsense.

A story with good potential thrown in the toilet. Typical of 90% of the writers here.

StubbyoneStubbyone12 months ago

Just WOW ! A really good story, but the guy really held a grudge forever it seems. Again, your writing skills trick your readers into thinking that this was true life. A testament to your abilities. This was an easy 5-😊😊😊😊😊. Thanks.

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 year ago

Nice story very believable 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If you hold a grudge for 20 years like that you deserve nothing but whores and being hated by all the people you joyfully fired. Sure bet he gets what he deserves at the gates of heaven/hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Her second husband would be the one on the hook for child support. DNA IS NOT get out of jail free card if henis on the birth certificate and a certain number of years has passed (may depend on which state as laws vary). Anyways pretty unique premise. She fucked up and knew once she got fucked the first time, that it was over. Why she did notnuse condoms with the asshole while cheating is odd. Why her new husband would not want a DNA test before marriage being wealthy (sure he had a prenuptial) is beyond belief. His lawyer would have forced him to get the fetus tested. Of course woukd have unduly cha ged the plot. Well written. First husband had a lot of anger issues but when he learned about his daughter, he acted quite honorably. Not sure if his rant against the Hispanic gang at the projects where Gwen and her daughter lived was a racist screed or something intentionalmto throw them off their game while he got hernout of there. Ok well and he consistently used hookers a couple times a month while on business travel, showing he still did not have a healthg view of women and no attempt at a meaningful relationship, even after Gwen moved out and later tried to date guys in a serious relationship (which didn't end well). I can see why Gwen did not want a DNA test and convinced herself that it was the second husband's daughter. She just wanted security. She did not love him. But wanted her second husband to engage strongly with her daughter. So she created a fantasy in her head that it was not her first husband's kid. But yeah it cost 7 years of him interacting with his daughter. Hard to forgive. Glad they made it to friends and even friends with benefits. To each their own. Was like 19 years apart. She really fucked up but they found peace after 7 years to rally for their daughter. Again he was honorable and straightforward. She was not and felt she had to remarry as a reaction to getting pregnant, never really getting to live out for long her stupid singles fantasy period of time. She was a good mother but a shitty wife. They won't remarry but they have a long FWB relationship. Her decision to not get the DNA tested in utero, while understandable given her fears and feeling alone, allowed her to defraud the asshole into marrying her (karma I suppose?). Anyways good nonstandard premise. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The way she acted all along I didn't see her dating and trying. to find someone. I hope he wore a condom with her. No need for either of them to get STD or her pregnant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He needs to let his final layers of resentment go. With the way he uses escorts we can see he isn't mr Perfect.

She's been punished hard by karma and she came through for her daughter even though her own entire world was reduced to zilch she still gave all the good things she could to that little girl.

He loves that little girl too. Now just where does he think he'll find Miss Perfect to become his new wife and Laura's new mum? The only real life candidate for the job is his ex.

Better off with or without? The answer is staring him in the face.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

So he's a belated cuckold who waits 20 years to fuck his whore ex wow talk about stupid 🙄

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like this story! Different than how majority of these end up going....so I was interested in the “what if this happened....what would you do.” Thank you...good job Ahazura!

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Great story and a notch above most on this site. You managed to make me root for a very unsympathetic character. 5 stars

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Again, what is it with simplistic anons who don't realize that short stories are sometimes more powerful without having long, drawn out denouements.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Again, what is it with you writers and not finishing a story?

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

Good job. I felt for him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"the back child support I knew I was going to pay." - That SHOULDN'T be true. I don't know about real life, but in LW World, if a husband finds out after five years that his child is the product of an affair, he's still the father and responsible, not the sperm donor. This is the flip side of that situation, but while the annulment might be a complicating factor, but Lover Boy should be on the hook.

\

"I won't bring any girlfriends." - Why not? It's his house, and they're not married. It'll be Gwen's responsibility that Laura's in bed before he comes home from a night out.

\

"kept the fact that I had a daughter from me." - Yes, it was only when she needed him to save Laura's life that she reached out.

\

It was okay with them being friendly, even the zip fuck, ruined things by having them make love.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

Further thoughts Re: RAAC - There are two elements to determine if a reconciliation is a RAAC or not: The offense, and the penance. If the offense is evil enough (as determined by the reader), there is NO penance that will make reconciliation acceptable. Even if the offense is relatively mild, there must be SOME penance. If none is offered, it will still be a RAAC.

\

Again, everyone has their own scale. One person's "little fling" is the next person's unforgivable sin.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Life is an interesting trip and this man grew a lot on his. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fucking childtrapping is the worst..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another story about a cuck finding an excuse to keep his slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It flowed real. He went all out for his daughter and the poison he grew up in held him back from destroying his ex on his daughters behalf. His ex did a great job coparenting and they rebonded slightly differently.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 2 years ago

Matching another commenter, there is a lot to like about this story. I know the regular "cuck" references are flowing in the comments but this could be a little closer to what might happen in real life. I still believe it was a strong story and could simply go either way at the end but I think the ending was "weak" and should have pointed to a logical final conclusion rather than somewhat hanging on the fence.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Yeah, read like a little dicked wonder writer who wrote an even wimpier husband.

All big and tough an dlike most little dicked,"I cant find it" needed to throw in their stupid 2A shit.

'No wonder this is actually a cuck story. Cons=the greatest number of cucks. Simple statistic which y'all hate.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

I liked the story; it was wrong of Gwen to not tell Jules about Laura. In the end it appears that maybe, just maybe Jules and Gwen might actually get back together. Well done 5/5

jaswhit3jaswhit3over 2 years ago

Fantastic and touching story. I loved it!

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

Nice story about the realities of betrayal, forgiveness, and reconciliation when there's a child involved.

I like your writing style.

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Despite your attempt to bring on the "feels" its still a wimp who takes back a cheating slut. Of course take care of the daughter, but no. Some day perhaps you writers will grow some testicular fortitude for yourselves....

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Who says they can't have fun together? Who says she/they can't stay out after ten? What part of fun involves drinking so much that you embarrass him/yourself in front of his boss?

\

Why does he have to pay child support? How many stories have we read where the divorced husband has to pay child support for the kid(s) that resulted from his wife's affairs because he had been raising it?

\

Didn't he have like six hundred grand in the trust, which was presumably growing, plus a good paying job, and he was worried about education expenses WITH scholarships? Ahaz, it wasn't about needing scholarships, it was about funding what the scholarships didn't cover.

\

Was okay until we got the near reconciliation. Once she moved out, all contact should have revolved around Laura, once she was gone, sayonara sweetheart.

\

I don't see Gwen hanging in there that long, once she got on her feet, I don't care how guilty she was.

\

If Laura was 5 to 7 when she got sick, that means the new hubby had been raising her as his own for that long. No way is he gonna dodge that bullet, annulment or not.

\

ForensicFossil, I agree about welfare going after the father, but again, it would have been the father that raised her, if he had the means. If not, then bio-dad.

\

@26thNC Re: RAAC - Pretty much by definition RAAC isn't earned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I say, he's lucky he has Laura. Hate -- even when merited -- is corrosive, as his mother illustrates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can see the basis for a legitimate reconciliation in this story. Unfortunately, the ending was rushed. Moreover, apparently rolling over and letting the ex moving out was inconsistent with the MC's character development. Still, an interesting story well told.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. Ahazura is one of LW’s best ever. This is one of the best stories about discovering that you’re a father because your unknown daughter got sick. It packs an emotional punch, but not overly smarmy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Fine story

But the ending seemed rushed. I'd have expected more about the ex moving out and custody over the 8-10 years after she moved out before daughter's graduation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There are a couple of things which don't seem to make sense.

1) He was a frugal guy who had had $600k but he still wasted money renting an apartment instead of buying one. Absolute waste of every cent spent on rent.

2) He had lived a single life frugally for 7 years earnings from his invested trust fund as well as saving money, he but still had to sell off his vintage bike collection to pay off a $1500 health insurance excess, and possibly up to $100k child support.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5 stars

I liked this story. good job - keep writing more like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You did great. Sometimes people grow up. She was wrong, she did not treat him well but he learned that the hate he carried was killing his future. One way or another it would have destroyed his relationship with Laura. I would have written it differently. Perhaps someday I will. Wish me luck.

dthakerdthakerabout 3 years ago

Loved the way you wrote. Even though, I could not accept the ending, but then it is your story to tell and i am wondering what would i be thinking in 20years time.

5 stars

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Was doing great until the author turned into a pussy in the last paragraph. It ruined the whole story. Now it only gets one star. Maybe this author can let a man keep his self respect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Needs more of an ending

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xover 3 years ago
a Darwin Award

... for the wife who decided she wanted out of her marriage, had sex with her husband for 5-6 months, and then took a lover and did NOT use birth control with EITHER of them!!!

We can only hope the little girl will be smarter.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
NOT A WIMP

Not a wimp. A pragmatic man who did what needed to be done for HIS daughter. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

Why would you write a story about such a pathetic wimp?

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 3 years ago
Wow!

This was a good story, you have a great talent for keeping people interested. One question I do have. She told you at the begining of the story why she did it. At the ending of the story she told you how much she missed her parents and her friends. Now, my question is, was it worth it? Was your job more important than your wife? Because it doesn´t take a genious to figure how she was bored cooped up by herself, while you are wheedling away at work, at least you had people to talk to during the day.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

I like your style.

A good story. And well-written.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A reminder

Reminds me partly of my past, but I was the one who had the cancer. After getting a baseball size tumor and 7 hours later removed from my throat was doing my own chemotherapy. Months later and still doing chemotherapy I got a letter from my daughter, turns out it for magazine subscription for her school. From before the surgery to end of chemotherapy, not one phone call, e-mail, let alone pictures; nothing. At this point after trying to maintain a relationship for years I finally gave up, just like her mother to screwed up. It may of been petty, somewhat, but with nothing to lose; screw it. I called the bitch of north, for years she hold my daughter over my head; monitor every call and e-mail, gifts for birthday and Christmas. I told her my daughter is not the child, that she has an “older brother”.She came unglued to say the least, demanding his name why she never knew or was told.

My response “It does not concern you” just as she made with my daughter. Never encouraging her relationship with me, always overbearing and coming between. After almost 7 years with her mother I walked away. Unfortunately she got pregnant and stupidly said she wanted something to remember me by. In turn I told “You can take a picture out and look, later put away, this you can’t just put away”.

A few years before my cancer, again with stupidity on her side, while visiting for the holidays she came to my room wanting a “Reunion”. I looked at her “If I couldn’t trust after my daughter, what makes you think I could trust you now”? She got all teary eyed and knew I was right. With both pride and tail tucked she left. The kicker was my mom, a close friend and my girlfriend at the time said “She going to try something, be careful”. I responded “Nothing will happen, why would she”? Who knew !! As I pose that question with those I trust, the women just she shake their head “Yes”. Sorry I don’t understand that way of thinking, years later I still don’t.

As for my son his mother is a page right out of “Jerry Springer”, three kids, three fathers, mine oldest, the second is by a former friend and last by his father and found out 10 years after the fact; damn can I pick’em. So yes I can relate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

i am so sick of people saying but she is a good mother well she was not a good mother a good mother does not steal a child from her father only an evil cunt does

and that is exactly what she did like he stated she robbed him of her first words first word first laugh first evrything and still says she is a good mother no she is not she is nothing more then an evil cunt

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again a great story and definitely not a RAAC. He came back for his daughter, not the cheating wife. Good choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
pussy

hey dude pussy is pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
THE WAY THE LAST PARAGRAPH WAS WRITTEN........

You might get the impression that our hero flirted with and fucked the wife he and Gwen surprised with her husband's stuff. I think I would have liked that ending better.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Better...

Pretty good story and the reactions of the protagonist seem more realistic than in most such stories.

Angry does not mean vigilante actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
not really a RAAC

A child with cancer does not make a RAAC story. That is the story. The ex just happened to be her mother. And come on, 19 years of hookers. So what he gets something back in return. He did keep all of his promises.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
It’d been ~19 years since the divorce...

...so I suppose it’s enough time to heal most of the wounds. So I suppose RAAC is ok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice, film noir style, BTB/RAAC combo

Well written. I like Julian’s hard edge, didn’t mind the minor sentimentality at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF

You had a good story going here until you decided to turn it into just another pathetic RAAC tale.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

I really like this story and tried it again. It's been done before and since it's a good plotline, we'll see it again. This is a good effort that works well. No BTB , even though she deserved it. No RAAC, which was not earned at all. Just a guy and his new found daughter. Great story and happy ending.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
don't think I could trust her enough to get past

letting another man raise my daughter. Also why are you pissed at him? He fucked you wife because SHE put her self out there. Yet you'll defend her to the death. You can't turn a whore into a housewife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Worked For Me

I’m not all that big on ‘reconciliation’ stories either and most of them I read, I don’t like. But a good writer can put a story together and make it look right. And that’s what happened here, for me. Like I said, for me, this one works. Blame it on the writing. And anyway, it just ended with him banging her, it never said they were gonna re-marry. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
really ?

the woman was a total POS. I gotta stop reading these reconciliation stories they drive me bats

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Very nice indeed.

Pulling pretty hard on the heartstrings with the little girl in the equation. Nice build up with a different ending in the last paragraph than expected too. Very enjoyable story. ***** (okay, guilty as charged. I'm a sucker for these type of stories)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well I enjoyed it.

Good read. Not bothered about the plot errors.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 5 years ago
Support Enforcement

She was on welfare. The support enforcement unit wherever they were would go after both potential fathers and obtain support for the child. The public authorities frown on abandoning your children to the taxpayers. So...no way years go by and he doesn't know about the daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Of

Course SWinger goes for straight emasculated cuckold pathetically lucky to be able to spend his life with a cheating slut.

And thats not dogmatic scripting.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
stopped reading after all the macho gun shit

i can see why she cheated, main character is just an arrogant, woman hating, gun freak.

give it a few years he'l be shooting up an all girls school.

AhazuraAhazuraover 5 years agoAuthor
Terms

Hello!

RAAC = reconciliation at any cost. It doesnt matter how bad a person was all ends up forgiven and they get back together

BTB = burn the bitch. Fire and brimstone are rained down upon the guilty parties, anything from loss of job to loss of life

WACC = wimp ass castrated cuckold. Term for a guy who enjoys the demeaning cuckold experience

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 5 years ago
What is RAAC?

I see acronyms being thrown around, RAAC, BTB, they aren't in the Urban Dictionary. Can someone explain, please?

V3nomWolfV3nomWolfover 5 years ago
The ending

While eas he fucking, gwen or the wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well mauser45...

You need to read the story again. Everything he did was for his daughter. If that meant being civil to the ex, so be it. He mentioned several times that he had no intention of RAAC but it did mean he saw his daughter more. Even the most hard core emotions Mello after a time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Negativity

I see these negative comments and i dont think they get what it means to write about real world experiences, i think this story was quite well done. There was some writing that felt a little clunky i think but it still told the story quite well. I look forward to reading more of your work.

AhazuraAhazuraover 5 years agoAuthor
Jules financial situation

So in rereading the story, the line about needing scholarships was left over from an earlier draft of the story. Julian had enough to pay and was willing to pay for Laura's education.

As for the Medicaid question all I can say is that I know of a family whose daughter had leukemia and had a shit ton of bills related to it. There were multiple attempts to get the bone marrow to work. After the kid went into remission, the dad up and left.

Another point brought up was her family. Her dad had died and although I didn't specifically say so he was her last relative. I never know how much exposition to put into stories. I tend to err on the side of less rather than more in general.

Just some thoughts.

Ahaz

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What

He sold his bikes for the hospital treatments and needed scholarships to fund her university education,why?.What happened to all his trust money.?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Great story

Helluva man for stepping up for his daughter.

As to getting back with his ex, well I'm usually more a fan of BTB but this guy really didn't have a chance in hell of not dying alone except for Gwen who had damn sure paid a heavy price so...WTH, what's he got to lose. Time for the airtight prenup if she's going to live with him common law much less marry him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Page 1

Our leading man said "I know I should have said something last night but my mind was still trying to process the fact that she could be stepping out."

Uh no. Uh HELL NO. Catch her in the act or let her try to come up with some BS excuse? No, he did the right thing keeping his mouth shut.

Seems to be a required LW feature. I know I should have said something. Do I still love her? I need to puke. WTF? If you are going to be implausible, at least make it original.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
One star

About as well done as a rare steak

He REALLY let her back into his life? An angry dumbass. His funeral, the clown. I can understand having some sort of contact for the sake of his daughter, but beyond that - who the fuck lets someone like her back into his life?!

This was a much poorer rehash of StangStar06's 'Fool Me Twice'. I wasn't fond of that one - not by a long shot. But as irritating as I found the RAAC there, at least they offered an explanation (implausible in real life as it may be) about why she left him in the first place. That was a pretty shitty story, but that was a masterpiece in comparison to this!

Not only was the bitch more brazen in this one, she didn't have a fucking thing wrong with her! She didn't just up and walk out, either, she fucked around and THEN took off

This entire story should have been aborted. Again, one star

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Humanity

As painful as it is to see someone turn cold from an injustice done to them, I enjoyed the story for the rebirth of a dead heart. Sometimes I think giving my husband a child would help him find the motivation to see life through rather than just trudge along, but I also know I won't put him through it until he's ready. For now, I'm patient, reaffirming my own reasons to keep from losing faith. Thank you for a sincere and heartwarming story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Back Child Support?

When did he give it Gwen?

Blkman53Blkman53over 5 years ago
5 stars

Very well done

NicealloverNicealloverover 5 years ago
Good but could have been great

The plot was good and the characters believable. The lack of inner dialogue and expression of innermost feeling is where the story is lacking. For instance Gwen is too passive. She cries but takes no active role in trying to win back his love or trust. She was living with him for heavens sake! I would expect much more interaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
History

Why does this story remind me of another, almost the same scenario? Probably because it is an older story but the same line. No big credits for this.

You should also reread and get some editorial help with grammar.

Thankfully not too many people died in this story.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An open ending felt right for this story

I don't love or hate those kind of endings, for me it depends on the story. In this case, it worked for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I hope you realize how well this story was conceived and executed. Here's why:

You well depicted a man who is emotionally stunted. That's why he was so thoughtless about firing people. Its also why he married an immature selfish stupid girl. Neither one was ready for the commitments and responsibilities of marriage, and you illustrated that better than using words, you used their actions. Gwen having unprotected sex was the cherry on the cake of her flagrant stupidity. But Gwen's callous disregard for her marriage vows indicates that she, like Julian, was also emotionally stunted and self centered, so they deserved each other, and their marriage was almost guaranteed to fail. Again, you didn't just report it, you illustrated it by their actions, or inaction. Well done.

You had a major crossroad when Gwen married Jeremy. She could have just had an abortion, which would make sense given how unfeeling and selfish she was acting. But pregnancy often changes a woman, not always for the better. Gwen apparently wasn't entirely without a soul, so she somehow grew up quick and decisively and remarried for her and her child's sake. Unlikely, but plausible. Also plausible is that she again married a man who was selfish, emotionally stunted, and just as unethical as she was, a fellow cheater. We have to wonder how surprised she really was when the asshole ditched her and her bastard daughter. Look up dog shit in the dictionary and you will see Jeremy's picture.

The reconnection was contrived and worn. Also, what happened to other family when Gwen's daughter needed help? The lack of family and friend involvement made the atmosphere more stilted and contrived. People don't exist in a vacuum. It also seemed unbelievable that the child would ditch her feelings for the only father she knew and attach herself so quickly and completely to some guy she never met. Because he bought her a stuffed animal?

So, a good effort, but not on the top shelf. I enjoyed reading it and hope you keep writing and improving. Thanks for the effort.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Good

Very good story, but you fooled me. After the Hooker at the 2 star motel, I thought he was going to offer his ex the Hookers role. She had to be horny, and by paying to screw her, he could treat her like the whore she was. Besides I think she would have tried harder to fuck his brains out. Just my thot. Liked your story, worthy of 5 stars.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Laura

Laura saved the story for me. I didn't like Gwen, even though she was a good mother. Her cheating was inexcusable, and selfish. She doesn't deserve a second chance. Laura deserves a father, and has one. This cheating wife hides child from real father, until of course his bone marrow, or kidney is needed to save child's life has been done and redone. But this was a fresh take, and I enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
the martian slut ray?

always enjoy your stories, and perspective on your characters.

and while there's lots of variation because we're all human, in women who choose to cheat, imho unless you explain it with some failing of the spouse, women who cheat ARE victims of said slut ray.

hell, that's the allure of most loving wife stories i enjoy... the frigid woman not putting out enough at home (which statistically is more common than putting out enough or too much) who discovers by hook or by crook that she does actually like sex, and more often than not falls victim to her own hungers.

keep 'em coming!

RA

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NOT BAD.....

Never, ever forget that the bitch screwed him over.no way is there ever any reconciliation.

i can see him letting her and his daughter move in after Laura gets out of the hospital but when he tells the slut that she can't bring any boyfriends over why in the world woud he tell her that he wouldn't have any girlfriends in his own home. He has no expectation of shutting himself down. That particular line was really one of the worst aspects of this story.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Five Woofs

It is nice to see someone slowly stop hating and start working on the next generation.

A shame that Laura was not twins

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
Requiem for a misanthrope

Naysayers be damn - this was a great story.

Not about a man journey after divorce, as so many people seems to think, but about the growth of a man from full-blown misanthrope to a sorta decent man. Julian walked around for a long time with hate in his heart, because of his upbringing, and that hate completely consumed him after Gwen's betrayal. He would have probably spend the rest of his life as a lost careerist, like those sad Salarymen that walk around Japan like zombies, if his little Laura didn't show up and basically save his soul. As a commenter already mentioned, it would have been silly for him to be so bitter over his wife's infidelity after only four years of marriage, but given his past history with women in general, how it reacted to it shouldn't be that surprising (it also showed how much of an immature bitch Gwen was - for her to act the way she did, probably knowing full well about Julian's sister and mother... that's shameful.) But the love of his daughter ultimately made him a better man, someone capable to forgive pass transgression and able to move on without all that bitterness in his heart. Still, between you and me, I seriously doubt he'll ever marry Laura again - maybe they'll get as close as they were before she got tired of marry life, but there's no true incentive for him to tie the knot again with her. Be there / done that, knowhatimean? Hey, they can even have another kid, even they want - they certainly prove they're pretty good parent already. But marriage? Naw. No need to, once again, screw up something that's working.

However, my biggest issue with this story is Jules' bizarre financial situation. Seriously, he's either not that good at counting (which would make no sense, given his job) or is one of the cheapest, most frugal muthaphuker on Earth. I still am puzzled as to why he needed to sell his whole bike collection for Laura's medical bills - he was doing more than alright, and still had his trust fund going on, so, if he wanted to, he could have sold SOME of them, but the WHOLE THING? And then decided to completely dismiss this hobby afterward? I guess he thought that, now that he has a kid, such an activity was immature or something... I mean, that's his - or, more accurately, the author's - choice. Were I call COMPLETELY BULLSHIT, though, is when Jules threw away the line that he "didn't want to tell (his) girl she couldn't go to her school of choice but (...) wasn't sure (he) could swing full tuition to an Ivy league school." At this point, a decade has passed and, if he kept doing exactly what he was doing at his job and with his finances that he was doing prior toi having Gwen and Laura in his life... he would probably be near to be worth a million, if not more. Forget about the trust, which would have definitely significantly grown after all these years - I've never heard of company hatchet men not doing really good money for what they have to do, especially if they are as productive as Julian made himself sound to be. There's no way he would get, on top of his six figures salary, performance bonus as the end of the year, like company stock and the likes, for a job well done. With tuition and fees totally $48,949, Harvard is one of the most expensive colleges in America... but this sonofabitch can swing it, for sure! Great, Laura's smart enough to get scholarships, but don't try to sell us the bogus idea that her dad is just some normal office drones who scrape by every month - c'mon now! Boy, was this guy cheat - 'makes Shylock look like a big spender!

Anyway, rant's over! This was a fun read. ★★★★★

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous