All Comments on 'An Angry Man'

by Ahazura

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
"Four Years Does Not A Marriage Make" - Wm Fakespeare

One finds it difficult to get riled over such a poor excuse for a marriage as the one portrayed early on in this tale. A short, uninteresting marriage.

Is one to be convinced by the frequently droning boilerplate language that the protagonist really does have such a visceral hate for this foolish ex-wife? The explanation is that his own trashy childhood justifies his feelings, but it doesn't add up.

The author is quite good with detail, but that detail is expended on elements of the story that serve more to bog things down a bit for this reader.

A longer, truer marriage, built with real feeling and sacrifice and everything else that goes with it is what will give these stories the necessary depth and pathos when the whole thing tanks. So, in that regard it's tough to see the parts of this story working together.

Still, there are the makings of a good story here and plenty of good writing. When the father looks at his new found daughter his feelings ring true. The author has talent and the effort is appreciated by this reader. Thanks.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
FAMILIARITY AND CLOSENESS BRINGS NEW EMOTIONS

add a child and you have friendships, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Long winded and story has been done before with the ex wife telling her ex hubby about his sick child years later when he'd known nothig about said child. 1*

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

It was a pretty good story, but it would have been better if his love for his daughter had softened his heart towards women in general and he met a nice woman to start a relationship with, instead of going for the RAAC with the selfish, cheating bitch at the end, who never would have even let him know he was a father if their daughter didn't have that medical emergency where only he could help.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
one paragraph

one paragraph was all it took for this story to go from 5* to 2*`

i`ll let you all figure out by yourselves which paragraph that is

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

This was well written, but it was also incredibly sad.

The poor guy lost everyone he ever cared about (dad, mom, sister, best friend, wife) and missed out on years of being with his daughter. He basically spent 18 years living as a bachelor because of the way Laura fucked him up. While he might have got laid a lot with plenty of young attractive escorts, he missed out on a happy family and the chance to have more children.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Wowee!

If they get back together?.... I reckon She won't cheat again?.....I think it's something that a Counseling Guru explained...:-She's had a drastic change in Her Life that it reprogrammed Her Thought Pattern!....So that's what I think!....I really liked the story....★★★★★ WOOF! .......Ps..HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Why did he ever divorce Gwen?

After all, he spent his whole life with sex being completely alienated from love. He got laid on occasion, by buying hookers or picking up the odd (married?) barfly or two, but that was it. He built a career as a hatchet man.

Our ‘hero’ had one shitty life, all in all. He made a lot of money by firing other people. He had some nice toys, but loved no woman, and saw women as disposable as the people he fired. When he dies, Gwen and Laura will be the only ones at his funeral.

The man described herein was nobody’s friend. His company will miss him when he retires or dies, but that’s on a professional level only. Such men exist, but none of their coworkers are their friends. Spending so much of his career moving from one long term hotel to another means no outside friends.

I’ve seen these professional gypsies throughout my career. They get brought in, stay for seven months before moving on, wreak havoc wherever they go, but usually the companies that use them wind up no better off than they were before.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Torn

On the one hand, she cheated. She should have been respectful enough to ask for a divorce when she realized she was having a crisis over missing out on her chance to down her oats and she did expose her husband to possible diseases.

On the other hand, she didn't try to take him for too much in the divorce and allowed a non contentious split. She technically didn't know about the paternity situation until the daughter became ill and asshole failed the test. She never begged for him to take her back, only to help his daughter. She did her best to make the daughter recognize and respect her father.

Fast forward a decade and she hasn't apparently cheated other than the original time roughly twenty years ago. They have become good friends again. He has no other attachments or friends, his love life consists of professionals due to all the negative experiences with females in his past. He does apparently still carry a bit of a torch for her, one doesn't make love with someone they don't have feelings for.

I hate to say it, but I can see them staying together the second go around. I'd still force a prenup and do the trust bit verify bit, but she fucked up for a brief time in her mouth and got bitten hard for it. She wasn't evil, just stupid and young. Fuck it, let them have a midlife HEA. I'll give full marks, even though I rarely do on recs. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Too many fuck ups

One minute he has loads of money the next he has to sell his bikes and can just afford her school fees.Make up your mind you fucking clown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent 5*

Enjoyed the story, thanks.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Winning formula

You seem to have recognized the Loving Wives winning formula:

1. The flawless male protagonist. He’s a super-wealthy genius with a heart of gold, who lives by a strict moral code and punishes those who don’t follow it. He’s a gun-toting, knuckle-punching, man’s man who doesn’t take shit from anyone. And even though he’s supposed to be an “angry man”, we never really see that anger. He’s calm, cool, and collected. Even when he discovers his wife’s infidelity, he acts swiftly, decisively, and unemotionally.

2. The wife who behaves like a rebellious teenage girl. She acts compulsively and hormonally without thinking. She breaks her curfew. She hangs out with bad influences. She probably listens to that rock and roll music and smokes the reefer. She is a bad girl who needs a spanking. But most of all she needs a savior. Without her daddy-figure savior she can barely function on her own.

3. The “asshole” “shithead” loverboy. A guy with zero morality who preys on rebellious teenage wives just because he’s an asshole shithead. It isn’t even important to give the shithead a personality of even a line of dialog. Just know that he is a shithead who deserves — and WILL get, by any convoluted, deux ex machina necessary — his just comeuppance.

4. The sympathetic character to tug on our heartstrings. An orphan. A crippled child. A big, goofy, animal. A homeless person. A kid dying of cancer. Take your pick.

5. Revenge, Karma, and the sudden realization by the teenage wife that she made a big, big, mistake. Begging for forgiveness. Begging to be taken back.

6. The happily-ever-after ending where Righteous Hubby finds real true love with a grown-up woman who can suck a golf ball through a firehose at night and then have a three-course breakfast waiting for him in the morning.

I have to say, you employed this formula better than some others here. I have never — and will never — understand why anyone wants to read a story about divorce, but this one was more about personal growth, I suppose, and moving on with one’s life. I can appreciate that theme more than the endless regurgitation of the Pretty Woman plot, the laughable cartoons about “open marriage” confusion, and the ever-present tales of Revenge By Pickaxe Handle.

Thanks for contributing.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Good enough for a 4.

Nice kid story and I am a sucker for kid stories. I really don't know how I feel about Laura's parents getting together after everything. I don't feel good or settled about them but that is how you wrote this one.

Thank you for the Martian slut ray warning. Laura was a peach and worth the read.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
This was an excellent story

There are far too many people who carry bitterness and hatred with them, like a dung beetle carries a piece of dung with them.

Good to see how one man was able to put his family's bitterness and hate behind him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I liked it

Thanks for writing

imhaplessimhaplessover 5 years ago
Unusual; I really like unusual

Even though I gave it 5* I would have liked it better if he had hooked up with the prostitute that gave him ultimate service rather than Gwen. Oh well....

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Good story with some heart

"I helped her pack his shit and dropped it off at his house to a surprised wife."

This is absolutely my favorite line in the whole piece! Brilliant! I loved it!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 5 years ago
pretty good story....wife character seems realistic

0versll this is a pretty good story. The wife's character is realistically going up. She's cheating on him and wants out of the marriage because she married too young as not ready for that sort of commitment and structure in her life. This is actually fairly realistic and one of the primary reasons why young people in marriages step out and/or cheat and get divorced.

Not surprisingly that short of shallow judgment and lack of wisdom ends of botting the ex wife the ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice Story.

A good read. 5* What happened to Water Nymphs?

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Good Story

Karma really is a bitch. A man with a lousy upbringing that rises from asshole to a decent person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It's fine

Biologically speaking he's gained a ton of status/resources/power. Men are considered disposable fodder anyway. I mean, look at how badly the father of the cheating guy was treated. He didn't do anything except force his lazy son to 'man-up', but he got canned simply because he's a man with low status.

If he wants to screw his ex-wife, why not? If he wants to screw escorts, why not? He kept whatever promise he made to his wife, he's under no moral obligation to change a thing about his current lifestyle. He has the leverage now. Women have a ridiculous amount of leverage when they're young, fertile, and beautiful. She was a good mother if nothing else, but that doesn't make her anything more.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 5 years ago
I liked this one.

I hope you will add to The Warlock soon too. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story...

please continue. We need these types of stories to support the normal flow of sanity in the literary world. 4****

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

They never were mature enough to marry. Childs illness was fully covered by Medicaid . So what was that all about medical bills to be paid. So, he took the X in and found love with the child. I sorry he and the X couldn't reconcile. To much hate in him towards women. I quess. As this author wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I enjoyed this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

I could feel the anger percolating through the entire story. 5 stars.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Pretty sweet story, Ahaz.

Very emotional and well-written. Thanks for writing, Randi.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 5 years ago
I was just wondering...

she got divorced from Julian only to marry Jeremy four months later (that was the shortest divorce process I've read about so far) because she was pregnant. Gwen finds out that the baby isn't Jeremy's so he dumps her. Now alone with a baby she loses her job and goes on the system.

Her reason for cheating in the beginning was she was missing her friends and family and not being able to party any more.

So now the $64,000.00 question, why didn't she go back to where her family lived? It was his that was all dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Just needs a little grammar editing

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So this guy is basically trailer trash

Has dead parents who are trailer trash and cheating sluts with hundred thousand dollar trust funds. Lol.

The magic lottery shit and asshole who is stupid to enough to RAAC with a chatting slut is funny until you made him him an asshole who destroys people love for fun and profit.

Nobody to like here

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Load of BS

Manipulative crap.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 5 years ago
Not bad at all.

I liked it.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Excellent Story!

Thanks for sharing (and have a great weekend).

StormKing33StormKing33over 5 years ago
5* Excellent

A more realistic story than some other LW stuff. Well done!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Nice.

Well written, good story and good morals.

Nothing but class here.

Thanks!

Top ratings from me.

ribnitinribnitinover 5 years ago
familiar themes

familiar themes, well executed. Enjoyed reading it

sdc97230sdc97230over 5 years ago
Medicaid and cancer

Medicaid patients receive substantially poorer cancer care than people on Medicare or employer insurance. And if this story takes place in one of the 17 states that refused to expand Medicaid under the ACA, mother and daughter could have fallen into the "Medicaid gap" and not been eligible for coverage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Quality and believeability

Quality and believeability. There's so much of that missing these days aside from the posts of a few, trusty reliables.

Thanks Ahazura, for an enjoyable read and for being one of them.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Good Title

You chose your title well. This story is about a man who clings tenaciously to his anger and suffers the corrosive effects.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Meh 2 stars

I would have preferred more sex and less details about so many extraneous matters. The bike in the barn and property law followed by contract law ... the type of trust for asset protection being wrong ... a lesson on how Medicaid law works ... a lesson on wrongful termination law; I feel like I just took the bar exam again. Your writing style is very similar to Just Plain Bob's, but erotic it was not, and that is the point of this website.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Ignore the naysayers; they've all got axes to grind - well, maybe not the whole axe, probably just the handle. I mean, you didn't use one in your story and they still bring it up. LOL. Maybe they should change their lifestyle and then they could stop worrying about husbands who carry that infamous pickaxe handle.

You've posted a really good story, Ahazura, many thanks for putting it out there for us to enjoy. Well done, 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Your story was solid. Perhaps more dialogue would have rounded it out better. Overall, it's a well woven story. I enjoyed it.

JL Remora

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story..

When I first started to read the story, I thought it was going to be a lot of the same shit. Cheating, hatred, revenge. But I was pleasantly surprised with the twist thrown into the story. It was a good read. I enjoyed it.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 5 years ago
Requiem for a misanthrope

Naysayers be damn - this was a great story.

Not about a man journey after divorce, as so many people seems to think, but about the growth of a man from full-blown misanthrope to a sorta decent man. Julian walked around for a long time with hate in his heart, because of his upbringing, and that hate completely consumed him after Gwen's betrayal. He would have probably spend the rest of his life as a lost careerist, like those sad Salarymen that walk around Japan like zombies, if his little Laura didn't show up and basically save his soul. As a commenter already mentioned, it would have been silly for him to be so bitter over his wife's infidelity after only four years of marriage, but given his past history with women in general, how it reacted to it shouldn't be that surprising (it also showed how much of an immature bitch Gwen was - for her to act the way she did, probably knowing full well about Julian's sister and mother... that's shameful.) But the love of his daughter ultimately made him a better man, someone capable to forgive pass transgression and able to move on without all that bitterness in his heart. Still, between you and me, I seriously doubt he'll ever marry Laura again - maybe they'll get as close as they were before she got tired of marry life, but there's no true incentive for him to tie the knot again with her. Be there / done that, knowhatimean? Hey, they can even have another kid, even they want - they certainly prove they're pretty good parent already. But marriage? Naw. No need to, once again, screw up something that's working.

However, my biggest issue with this story is Jules' bizarre financial situation. Seriously, he's either not that good at counting (which would make no sense, given his job) or is one of the cheapest, most frugal muthaphuker on Earth. I still am puzzled as to why he needed to sell his whole bike collection for Laura's medical bills - he was doing more than alright, and still had his trust fund going on, so, if he wanted to, he could have sold SOME of them, but the WHOLE THING? And then decided to completely dismiss this hobby afterward? I guess he thought that, now that he has a kid, such an activity was immature or something... I mean, that's his - or, more accurately, the author's - choice. Were I call COMPLETELY BULLSHIT, though, is when Jules threw away the line that he "didn't want to tell (his) girl she couldn't go to her school of choice but (...) wasn't sure (he) could swing full tuition to an Ivy league school." At this point, a decade has passed and, if he kept doing exactly what he was doing at his job and with his finances that he was doing prior toi having Gwen and Laura in his life... he would probably be near to be worth a million, if not more. Forget about the trust, which would have definitely significantly grown after all these years - I've never heard of company hatchet men not doing really good money for what they have to do, especially if they are as productive as Julian made himself sound to be. There's no way he would get, on top of his six figures salary, performance bonus as the end of the year, like company stock and the likes, for a job well done. With tuition and fees totally $48,949, Harvard is one of the most expensive colleges in America... but this sonofabitch can swing it, for sure! Great, Laura's smart enough to get scholarships, but don't try to sell us the bogus idea that her dad is just some normal office drones who scrape by every month - c'mon now! Boy, was this guy cheat - 'makes Shylock look like a big spender!

Anyway, rant's over! This was a fun read. ★★★★★

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Five Woofs

It is nice to see someone slowly stop hating and start working on the next generation.

A shame that Laura was not twins

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NOT BAD.....

Never, ever forget that the bitch screwed him over.no way is there ever any reconciliation.

i can see him letting her and his daughter move in after Laura gets out of the hospital but when he tells the slut that she can't bring any boyfriends over why in the world woud he tell her that he wouldn't have any girlfriends in his own home. He has no expectation of shutting himself down. That particular line was really one of the worst aspects of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
the martian slut ray?

always enjoy your stories, and perspective on your characters.

and while there's lots of variation because we're all human, in women who choose to cheat, imho unless you explain it with some failing of the spouse, women who cheat ARE victims of said slut ray.

hell, that's the allure of most loving wife stories i enjoy... the frigid woman not putting out enough at home (which statistically is more common than putting out enough or too much) who discovers by hook or by crook that she does actually like sex, and more often than not falls victim to her own hungers.

keep 'em coming!

RA

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Laura

Laura saved the story for me. I didn't like Gwen, even though she was a good mother. Her cheating was inexcusable, and selfish. She doesn't deserve a second chance. Laura deserves a father, and has one. This cheating wife hides child from real father, until of course his bone marrow, or kidney is needed to save child's life has been done and redone. But this was a fresh take, and I enjoyed it very much.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Good

Very good story, but you fooled me. After the Hooker at the 2 star motel, I thought he was going to offer his ex the Hookers role. She had to be horny, and by paying to screw her, he could treat her like the whore she was. Besides I think she would have tried harder to fuck his brains out. Just my thot. Liked your story, worthy of 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I hope you realize how well this story was conceived and executed. Here's why:

You well depicted a man who is emotionally stunted. That's why he was so thoughtless about firing people. Its also why he married an immature selfish stupid girl. Neither one was ready for the commitments and responsibilities of marriage, and you illustrated that better than using words, you used their actions. Gwen having unprotected sex was the cherry on the cake of her flagrant stupidity. But Gwen's callous disregard for her marriage vows indicates that she, like Julian, was also emotionally stunted and self centered, so they deserved each other, and their marriage was almost guaranteed to fail. Again, you didn't just report it, you illustrated it by their actions, or inaction. Well done.

You had a major crossroad when Gwen married Jeremy. She could have just had an abortion, which would make sense given how unfeeling and selfish she was acting. But pregnancy often changes a woman, not always for the better. Gwen apparently wasn't entirely without a soul, so she somehow grew up quick and decisively and remarried for her and her child's sake. Unlikely, but plausible. Also plausible is that she again married a man who was selfish, emotionally stunted, and just as unethical as she was, a fellow cheater. We have to wonder how surprised she really was when the asshole ditched her and her bastard daughter. Look up dog shit in the dictionary and you will see Jeremy's picture.

The reconnection was contrived and worn. Also, what happened to other family when Gwen's daughter needed help? The lack of family and friend involvement made the atmosphere more stilted and contrived. People don't exist in a vacuum. It also seemed unbelievable that the child would ditch her feelings for the only father she knew and attach herself so quickly and completely to some guy she never met. Because he bought her a stuffed animal?

So, a good effort, but not on the top shelf. I enjoyed reading it and hope you keep writing and improving. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
An open ending felt right for this story

I don't love or hate those kind of endings, for me it depends on the story. In this case, it worked for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
History

Why does this story remind me of another, almost the same scenario? Probably because it is an older story but the same line. No big credits for this.

You should also reread and get some editorial help with grammar.

Thankfully not too many people died in this story.

T.T.

NicealloverNicealloverover 5 years ago
Good but could have been great

The plot was good and the characters believable. The lack of inner dialogue and expression of innermost feeling is where the story is lacking. For instance Gwen is too passive. She cries but takes no active role in trying to win back his love or trust. She was living with him for heavens sake! I would expect much more interaction.

Blkman53Blkman53over 5 years ago
5 stars

Very well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Back Child Support?

When did he give it Gwen?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Humanity

As painful as it is to see someone turn cold from an injustice done to them, I enjoyed the story for the rebirth of a dead heart. Sometimes I think giving my husband a child would help him find the motivation to see life through rather than just trudge along, but I also know I won't put him through it until he's ready. For now, I'm patient, reaffirming my own reasons to keep from losing faith. Thank you for a sincere and heartwarming story.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
One star

About as well done as a rare steak

He REALLY let her back into his life? An angry dumbass. His funeral, the clown. I can understand having some sort of contact for the sake of his daughter, but beyond that - who the fuck lets someone like her back into his life?!

This was a much poorer rehash of StangStar06's 'Fool Me Twice'. I wasn't fond of that one - not by a long shot. But as irritating as I found the RAAC there, at least they offered an explanation (implausible in real life as it may be) about why she left him in the first place. That was a pretty shitty story, but that was a masterpiece in comparison to this!

Not only was the bitch more brazen in this one, she didn't have a fucking thing wrong with her! She didn't just up and walk out, either, she fucked around and THEN took off

This entire story should have been aborted. Again, one star

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Page 1

Our leading man said "I know I should have said something last night but my mind was still trying to process the fact that she could be stepping out."

Uh no. Uh HELL NO. Catch her in the act or let her try to come up with some BS excuse? No, he did the right thing keeping his mouth shut.

Seems to be a required LW feature. I know I should have said something. Do I still love her? I need to puke. WTF? If you are going to be implausible, at least make it original.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Great story

Helluva man for stepping up for his daughter.

As to getting back with his ex, well I'm usually more a fan of BTB but this guy really didn't have a chance in hell of not dying alone except for Gwen who had damn sure paid a heavy price so...WTH, what's he got to lose. Time for the airtight prenup if she's going to live with him common law much less marry him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What

He sold his bikes for the hospital treatments and needed scholarships to fund her university education,why?.What happened to all his trust money.?

AhazuraAhazuraover 5 years agoAuthor
Jules financial situation

So in rereading the story, the line about needing scholarships was left over from an earlier draft of the story. Julian had enough to pay and was willing to pay for Laura's education.

As for the Medicaid question all I can say is that I know of a family whose daughter had leukemia and had a shit ton of bills related to it. There were multiple attempts to get the bone marrow to work. After the kid went into remission, the dad up and left.

Another point brought up was her family. Her dad had died and although I didn't specifically say so he was her last relative. I never know how much exposition to put into stories. I tend to err on the side of less rather than more in general.

Just some thoughts.

Ahaz

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Negativity

I see these negative comments and i dont think they get what it means to write about real world experiences, i think this story was quite well done. There was some writing that felt a little clunky i think but it still told the story quite well. I look forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well mauser45...

You need to read the story again. Everything he did was for his daughter. If that meant being civil to the ex, so be it. He mentioned several times that he had no intention of RAAC but it did mean he saw his daughter more. Even the most hard core emotions Mello after a time.

V3nomWolfV3nomWolfover 5 years ago
The ending

While eas he fucking, gwen or the wife?

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 5 years ago
What is RAAC?

I see acronyms being thrown around, RAAC, BTB, they aren't in the Urban Dictionary. Can someone explain, please?

AhazuraAhazuraover 5 years agoAuthor
Terms

Hello!

RAAC = reconciliation at any cost. It doesnt matter how bad a person was all ends up forgiven and they get back together

BTB = burn the bitch. Fire and brimstone are rained down upon the guilty parties, anything from loss of job to loss of life

WACC = wimp ass castrated cuckold. Term for a guy who enjoys the demeaning cuckold experience

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 5 years ago
stopped reading after all the macho gun shit

i can see why she cheated, main character is just an arrogant, woman hating, gun freak.

give it a few years he'l be shooting up an all girls school.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Of

Course SWinger goes for straight emasculated cuckold pathetically lucky to be able to spend his life with a cheating slut.

And thats not dogmatic scripting.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 5 years ago
Support Enforcement

She was on welfare. The support enforcement unit wherever they were would go after both potential fathers and obtain support for the child. The public authorities frown on abandoning your children to the taxpayers. So...no way years go by and he doesn't know about the daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well I enjoyed it.

Good read. Not bothered about the plot errors.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
Very nice indeed.

Pulling pretty hard on the heartstrings with the little girl in the equation. Nice build up with a different ending in the last paragraph than expected too. Very enjoyable story. ***** (okay, guilty as charged. I'm a sucker for these type of stories)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
really ?

the woman was a total POS. I gotta stop reading these reconciliation stories they drive me bats

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Worked For Me

I’m not all that big on ‘reconciliation’ stories either and most of them I read, I don’t like. But a good writer can put a story together and make it look right. And that’s what happened here, for me. Like I said, for me, this one works. Blame it on the writing. And anyway, it just ended with him banging her, it never said they were gonna re-marry. Four stars.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
don't think I could trust her enough to get past

letting another man raise my daughter. Also why are you pissed at him? He fucked you wife because SHE put her self out there. Yet you'll defend her to the death. You can't turn a whore into a housewife.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

I really like this story and tried it again. It's been done before and since it's a good plotline, we'll see it again. This is a good effort that works well. No BTB , even though she deserved it. No RAAC, which was not earned at all. Just a guy and his new found daughter. Great story and happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF

You had a good story going here until you decided to turn it into just another pathetic RAAC tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice, film noir style, BTB/RAAC combo

Well written. I like Julian’s hard edge, didn’t mind the minor sentimentality at the end.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
It’d been ~19 years since the divorce...

...so I suppose it’s enough time to heal most of the wounds. So I suppose RAAC is ok.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
not really a RAAC

A child with cancer does not make a RAAC story. That is the story. The ex just happened to be her mother. And come on, 19 years of hookers. So what he gets something back in return. He did keep all of his promises.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Better...

Pretty good story and the reactions of the protagonist seem more realistic than in most such stories.

Angry does not mean vigilante actions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
THE WAY THE LAST PARAGRAPH WAS WRITTEN........

You might get the impression that our hero flirted with and fucked the wife he and Gwen surprised with her husband's stuff. I think I would have liked that ending better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
pussy

hey dude pussy is pussy.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again a great story and definitely not a RAAC. He came back for his daughter, not the cheating wife. Good choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

i am so sick of people saying but she is a good mother well she was not a good mother a good mother does not steal a child from her father only an evil cunt does

and that is exactly what she did like he stated she robbed him of her first words first word first laugh first evrything and still says she is a good mother no she is not she is nothing more then an evil cunt

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A reminder

Reminds me partly of my past, but I was the one who had the cancer. After getting a baseball size tumor and 7 hours later removed from my throat was doing my own chemotherapy. Months later and still doing chemotherapy I got a letter from my daughter, turns out it for magazine subscription for her school. From before the surgery to end of chemotherapy, not one phone call, e-mail, let alone pictures; nothing. At this point after trying to maintain a relationship for years I finally gave up, just like her mother to screwed up. It may of been petty, somewhat, but with nothing to lose; screw it. I called the bitch of north, for years she hold my daughter over my head; monitor every call and e-mail, gifts for birthday and Christmas. I told her my daughter is not the child, that she has an “older brother”.She came unglued to say the least, demanding his name why she never knew or was told.

My response “It does not concern you” just as she made with my daughter. Never encouraging her relationship with me, always overbearing and coming between. After almost 7 years with her mother I walked away. Unfortunately she got pregnant and stupidly said she wanted something to remember me by. In turn I told “You can take a picture out and look, later put away, this you can’t just put away”.

A few years before my cancer, again with stupidity on her side, while visiting for the holidays she came to my room wanting a “Reunion”. I looked at her “If I couldn’t trust after my daughter, what makes you think I could trust you now”? She got all teary eyed and knew I was right. With both pride and tail tucked she left. The kicker was my mom, a close friend and my girlfriend at the time said “She going to try something, be careful”. I responded “Nothing will happen, why would she”? Who knew !! As I pose that question with those I trust, the women just she shake their head “Yes”. Sorry I don’t understand that way of thinking, years later I still don’t.

As for my son his mother is a page right out of “Jerry Springer”, three kids, three fathers, mine oldest, the second is by a former friend and last by his father and found out 10 years after the fact; damn can I pick’em. So yes I can relate.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

I like your style.

A good story. And well-written.

Well done.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 3 years ago
Wow!

This was a good story, you have a great talent for keeping people interested. One question I do have. She told you at the begining of the story why she did it. At the ending of the story she told you how much she missed her parents and her friends. Now, my question is, was it worth it? Was your job more important than your wife? Because it doesn´t take a genious to figure how she was bored cooped up by herself, while you are wheedling away at work, at least you had people to talk to during the day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

Why would you write a story about such a pathetic wimp?

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
NOT A WIMP

Not a wimp. A pragmatic man who did what needed to be done for HIS daughter. 5*

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 3 years ago
a Darwin Award

... for the wife who decided she wanted out of her marriage, had sex with her husband for 5-6 months, and then took a lover and did NOT use birth control with EITHER of them!!!

We can only hope the little girl will be smarter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Needs more of an ending

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Was doing great until the author turned into a pussy in the last paragraph. It ruined the whole story. Now it only gets one star. Maybe this author can let a man keep his self respect.

dthakerdthakeralmost 3 years ago

Loved the way you wrote. Even though, I could not accept the ending, but then it is your story to tell and i am wondering what would i be thinking in 20years time.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You did great. Sometimes people grow up. She was wrong, she did not treat him well but he learned that the hate he carried was killing his future. One way or another it would have destroyed his relationship with Laura. I would have written it differently. Perhaps someday I will. Wish me luck.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5 stars

I liked this story. good job - keep writing more like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There are a couple of things which don't seem to make sense.

1) He was a frugal guy who had had $600k but he still wasted money renting an apartment instead of buying one. Absolute waste of every cent spent on rent.

2) He had lived a single life frugally for 7 years earnings from his invested trust fund as well as saving money, he but still had to sell off his vintage bike collection to pay off a $1500 health insurance excess, and possibly up to $100k child support.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Fine story

But the ending seemed rushed. I'd have expected more about the ex moving out and custody over the 8-10 years after she moved out before daughter's graduation

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. Ahazura is one of LW’s best ever. This is one of the best stories about discovering that you’re a father because your unknown daughter got sick. It packs an emotional punch, but not overly smarmy.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous