An Arrangement with The Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thirty minutes later, the girl staring back at me in the mirror looks like someone new. I'm unsure about all of this, but what choice do I have?

The knock comes just before 6. I'm staring at the floor when Roberto is ushered in. "Wow" I hear him whisper to himself. I blush slightly.

"Isabella, you look amazing. Shall we go?" He holds out his arm. I take it and he leads me to a beautiful car, where he opens the door for me. It's only the second time I've ever ridden in a car.

I feel as though I'm entering another world.

He takes me to Carpelli's, a well known high end restaurant that's not too far in distance, but pretty far in class from our life. He knows plenty of people and they know him. We probably had to stop 6 times on the way to our seats. He is a gentleman and pulls out my chair for me.

"Sorry about all of that," he waves his hand around.

"Oh, it's no bother. Everyone seems to love you."

"Well, yeah, they love until they don't, I guess."

"I suppose so," I agree.

"Look, Isabella, I want to say this straight out. I appreciate you agreeing to this date."

"Like I had a choice." There I go with my big mouth.

He laughs slightly. "Well, yeah, true. But look, I'm not forcing you. Any time you want to go home tonight, you tell me and I will drive you straight back home. You want that now?"

"No. No, Roberto, I don't." And I actually don't. While I hate the idea of having a date set up for me, I don't hate the idea of the date itself. I especially don't hate a date with him.

"Good. So, again, I appreciate it. I know you are a free thinker. And I want you to WANT to be here, you know?"

"Okay."

"Besides, you'll tell me if I'm off track anyway, I expect."

I laugh, "Yeah, I guess you know me well enough already to know that I would do that."

We both laugh at that and settle into a nice dinner that is accompanied by nice conversation. In fact, the time flies by and I think we've been at the restaurant almost two hours.

"You know, Isabella, we are not so different."

"I hardly think that is the case."

"No, really. In more ways than one, but especially in having things you are asked to do. My father called me into his office not long ago and told me I had to get married. I mean, it's not like I didn't want to get married, but I guess I hadn't really met anyone I was that interested in."

Before I could stop my words, I say, "And now?"

"And now, I'm thinking quite differently." He reaches his hand across the table and engulfs my tiny hand in his. An instant warmth spreads up my arm and into my heart. I can almost hear my heart beating inside my head.

My head is buzzing and my tongue feels swollen. "Um, should we, um, be taking up their table up for so long?"

"Not a problem at all. We could stay here all night and no one would bother us. But, we don't have to stay here. If you're not ready to go home, there's a place we could go."

Against everything I thought I would be feeling tonight, I say, "No, I'm not ready to go home yet." Soon, we are in a loud, smoky bar. After a drink, he gets me out on the dance floor. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm having a blast doing it. And he's a darn good dancer himself.

Sweaty and breathing heavy, we go back to our seats.

"Whoa, you're a nice little dancer, Isabella."

"Thanks, this is the first time except for weddings and then one school dance. This was the most fun though."

"You're something else, you know that Isabella?"

"No, I don't."

"Well, you are. Don't take this the wrong way, but the first impression you leave is someone that wasn't want to be bothered. A kind of, how you say, stick in the mud. But really you aren't. You aren't at all."

It was probably the best compliment anyone has ever given me. How was I to know I would have a great time with the guy my father forced on me?

By the time he has me back at my house just before midnight (hours later than my sisters' dates), I'm dying for him to kiss me. I don't have Angelina's skill for coaxing that out of a man, so I'm sure I didn't send the right signals and he left with a wave and a smile.

Still, it was a great evening and, after being bombarded by my sisters' questions, I fall to sleep thinking that maybe this is what being swept off your feet feels like.

Chapter 11 (Roberto)

Dammit, Roberto, you should have kissed her. I wanted to so bad. In fact, I have never wanted anything more in my life. From the minute I picked her up, it was an evening to remember. First my suspicions were confirmed and she was indeed as beautiful as I thought she was. Better curves, too. Sure, she doesn't have the breasts of Madonna nor the classic big woman curves of Angelina, but a petite, tight little body with bigger breasts than one would think coupled with a tiny waist made my cock damn near explode in my pants.

Our conversation was the biggest turn on though. She wasn't fighting me like at the dinner table, but she is thoughtful and knowledgeable. It's like every hour I spend with her, she gets more attractive based on her personality.

Yeah, she's the one. Now, to just convince her of that. I think she had a good time, but I know she's only 18 and I know she's has other plans than getting married right now.

The next morning after breakfast, I meet with Nico. I want to get on with the business of the day, but I know he won't let me.

"So?"

"So what, Nico?"

"You know 'so what' Roberto."

"She is something else, Nico. Smart and interesting."

"And cute?" Nico interjects.

"Sure, she's cute. But that's not why I'm interested in her. I don't know. There's something about her that stimulates me."

"Oh sure, I know what stimulates you." He pushes me on my shoulder.

"Hey, paesano, watch your mouth. That could be my future wife you are talking about." I slug him on the arm.

"Sorry, man." He rubs his arm. "That's great, actually. So when are the wedding bells going to ring?"

"That's another issue. I know she's the one. I'm just not sure that she knows she is."

"What's to know? You asked, she should say yes."

"But that's just the thing with this girl, Nico. She doesn't like to be put in a box. She won't just say yes. I have to win her over."

"Damn, Roberto, that sounds like a lot of work. Good luck."

"Thanks." I clear my throat. "Nico, today I need you to be at your best. We are meeting with the Campaglia family. Not a big deal, but The Don wants to make sure they stay where they are supposed to stay. We don't want to escalate this."

We grab a few of our guys and head off to the meeting place. We're taken to the back of one of the nightclubs the Campaglia's own.

Guiseppe Campaglia is there along with two of his sons and various other capos and soldiers.

Guiseppe looks immediately displeased. "Roberto, your father couldn't bother to come today?"

"I'm sorry, Don, but he is in poor health. I hope I'm a good enough replacement. I'm empowered to make our business today."

He waves a hand. "So be it. Tell me what's on your mind?"

"Don, we know there's been some trouble over on Eldridge and Allen streets." Don Campaglia raises his eyebrow. "Look, your guys have been working in on some of our territory."

"Heh, your father is closing us out. We got to have room to operate too."

"I understand, Don, I do. Look, we are all on the same side, really. Which is why we are going to let you have those streets up to Delancey."

"You would do that for us?" Guiseppe looks genuinely surprised.

"Yes, Don. Look, we Italians gotta stick together. My father thinks more trouble is coming from the Irish. We think we have to get prepared for that trouble. It's worth it to us to have you on our side. All we ask is that we have your word in joining together against the Irish gangs if things get bad. Do we have a deal?" I hold out my hand.

"Eldridge and Allen up to Delancey?"

"Yes."

"Your word is as good as your father's?"

"Yes."

"Deal." He shakes my hand. We hammer out the details over the next 30 or so minutes.

My father has taught me the art of negotiation. You always have to appear to be giving something to the other side. If you come in with no room for compromise, you aren't negotiating at all. The fact is, we are running thin over on Allen Street anyway. Giving him that which was going to be hard for us to hold anyway? It's just good business.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself so I want to swing by Monteleone's Grocery, hoping that Isabella is working. I come in and her uncle is working at the shelves and Angelina is behind the cash register. She straightens up and sticks out her tits as I come walking up. It's almost comical now, the way she acts.

"Hello, Angelina. And how are you today?"

"Just fine, Roberto. Thank you for asking."

"Is your sister Isabella working today?" The disappointment in her eyes turns quickly to envy.

"No. She's out."

"If you don't mind me asking, where is she?"

I can definitely tell she does in fact mind, but she answers anyway, "She went to the Public Library."

"Thank you, Angelina. Have a good day." I think I saw her mouth open as I spun away, but I can't really worry about that.

I drive to the Library and sit in my car a moment. How do I want to approach her? Act like I was just there on my own? No, I don't think she would believe that.

The library had only been completed about a year ago. It's a magnificent building to be sure, but I can't say it's held a lot of sway for me. I like to get my information via people or newspapers. One thing I know is that it's big. I wonder if I'll be able to find her.

I start wondering around, but haven't found her yet. Finally, I approach the information desk.

"Madam, could you tell me where the art section is?"

"Oh, an art lover?"

"Uh, oh yes. I'm a great lover of art."

She gives me directions and I head downstairs and start working through the bottom floor. Finally I spot my goal. Her hair is still very nice, looking softer than when I first met her. She has a plain dress on of course, but that doesn't lessen her beauty. Not to me at least.

I approach her from behind and stand behind and quietly say, "You know, I heard that Van Gogh was so crazy that he cut his ear off."

A small gasp escapes her lips and she turns on me. My god, she looks scrumptious.

"Roberto, what are you doing here?" she whispers.

"Well, I could lie to you and tell you that I was at the library anyway, but the fact is I found out that you were here and I came to find you."

"You came to find me?" She says it like she's never been sought out before. I suppose she's never been desired before. I guess I can understand how that would happen with her older sisters, but for my money, she's a million times more desirable than either of her sisters.

"Yes, I certainly did. If I'm not interrupting you, would you like to go for a walk with me?"

"Sure. Sure, I can go for a walk with you."

Three minutes later, we are strolling down 5th Avenue. I love everything about this girl. She's smart, speaks her mind, and is prettier than she thinks she is. Yeah, I think she's the one.

Chapter 12 (Isabella)

He came to find me? I've never had a man interested in me before. I'm not sure I still understand it, but it's a feeling I've never experienced before. It's a feeling I like.

He might not have a lot of book learning, but he knows a lot about the city and its history, pointing out various things as we walk. We stop in front of a dress shop and I stare into the window. I've never been interested in dresses before, but somehow, at this moment, I want to put myself in the most beautiful dress ever just for him.

"You want this?" He points to the red dress in the window that I'm looking at, wrapping his arm around my waist. My body tingles under his touch and I think to myself, "What I want is you to touch me more, more and more."

Clear your head, Isabella. "Uh, no. I couldn't ask you to."

"What if I want to? Money is no problem for me."

"No. I think no."

"Sure. I understand. And that's one of the things I like about you, Isabella. You are strong and independent. I'll let it go this time, but remember that being strong in oneself does not mean you shouldn't look for help or be too proud to accept it. In fact, that's part of what makes family so great."

I nod and we turn to continue our walk. His hand slides off my waist and he grabs my hand in his. It feels natural, even if I feel like a little girl with how big his hands are compared to mine.

How have I let this man burrow so far into my heart? Only a month ago, I was determined to have nothing to do with him. Now, I'm not only okay with spending time with him, but craving it like he is one of my books that I lose myself into.

"Perhaps we should turn around. What time does your father expect you home?"

"Uh, at five I think."

"Yes, we better head back. Isabella, would you go out with me again? I'd like you to take you to dinner again on Friday night."

"Yes." I think a moment and say, "You might want to talk to my father beforehand. Well, you see, Angelina is sure you would pick her and she will be devastated to hear you're not taking her out this Friday."

He stops me in the street, puts his big hand on my waist again and peers down at me, his massive chest enveloping me. "It's so sweet to think of your sister, but I'm only interested in you. I will talk to your father tonight. He is a good man and deserves my respect and direct information. If I hurt your sister's feelings, I'm sorry, but my heart is only for you, Isabella."

His heart? Only for me? Is he going to want to marry me? I am simultaneously frightened and excited.

We finish the walk and he drives me home. I'm pretty sure I floated up the steps, not touching a single one of them. Roberto went into the store to talk to father.

Will he ask me to marry him? Ask or tell? This was NOT in my plans. As much as I have enjoyed my time with him, I don't think I'm ready for marriage. What if I can't go through with it?

Enduring the glares from Angelina after she found out that Roberto was taking me out to dinner again on Friday was something I was not prepared to do. The date comes to pass quickly and only deepened my interest in and desire for Roberto. That still doesn't change the fact that I'm not ready to be married!

Ready or not, it comes to a head the following Monday evening.

"Children!" bellows the call from my father. "Time to eat!"

Towards the end of the meal my father starts speaking. "I had a visit from Roberto Raffaelli today. He's made his decision." There's a silent tension in the room. "He has chosen...Isabella."

"What? She's barely a woman!" comes the cry from Angelina.

Madonna joins her, "Boy, what a weird guy that he would choose her over me. Or Angelina."

My father bangs his fist on the table. "Silence. I'll have no bad words spoken about your future brother-in-law."

"Well, what if I don't want to marry him?"

All eyes turn towards me.

"I haven't agreed to it."

"Don't be foolish, daughter. Roberto Raffaelli is not a man you refuse."

"Well maybe I'm just not ready to get married. I'm only 18 you know."

"I wasn't much older than that when I got engaged to your father."

"You're not helping, mama."

My mother continues, "Be reasonable, Bella. He'll be able to provide so well for you."

"Maybe I want more, mama."

"More?" she asks, as if she doesn't understand it at all.

"I won't have it." My father says as he bangs his fist down on the table. "You will marry him!"

"I won't, I won't! Gesù Cristo, why won't everyone just leave me alone!" I scream as I run to my room and slam the door. I throw myself on the bed and cry. Why can't I be the one who decides what my life will be? Why am I forced to do this? My father and mother don't understand me at all. Or maybe they just don't want to understand me. Is it so wrong to want to choose a different path in my life?

I mean, I really like Roberto. Maybe even love him. I just don't know if I'm ready for marriage yet.

I cry myself to sleep that night.

Chapter 13 (Roberto)

My first stop of the day is over at Steinam Jewelers. I pick out a large, but not gaudy diamond ring to present to Isabella today. I come in to the store whistling, ready to start the next chapter in my life.

"Mr. Raffaelli. Roberto." Angelo starts. "I'm sorry. She's just, uh, confused. She doesn't know what she says."

"What do you mean, Angelo?"

"She says she won't marry you."

I am surprised, but with her maybe I shouldn't be. "Is that so? May I see her?"

"Certainly. I will go and fetch her. You can go into the back office for privacy. Please wait there." He motions to the back.

My elation has turned to anger. I know I chose her for her spirit, but this is too much. Turning me down. I don't get said "no" to.

Almost ten minutes have passed before she's at the door. It's clear she's been crying. I let her in.

"Isabella, darling." I say quietly. "You're just confused. You didn't mean to say you wouldn't marry me, did you?"

"I did." It was so quiet, I could barely hear her.

"No you didn't. I can't believe it."

"Well, it's true. It's not you Roberto. You're a great guy. I'm just not ready to, uh, be married."

"Isabella, no one is ever ready. Look at me, it took me almost 32 years before I was ready."

"I just don't think I can go through with it."

She's standing near the door. I come up to her, run my hand through her thick black hair. Oh she smells so good I can almost taste her. "You can do it. And you will."

"I can't." She looks down at her feet. She looks forward and says, a bit louder, "And I won't!"

Most men would backhand a woman for speaking to them in that fashion. But I'm not most men. Still, I want my intentions known. I move in even closer. She backs away from me until she's pressed up against the closed door. I lean down so I can speak at barely above a whisper.

"Let me make something clear. I want you, Isabella Monteleone." I grab her ass with my left hand, pressing her leg against mine. With my right hand, I take my first two fingers and place them in her crotch.

"I want you more than anything, anyone in this world. You will be mine. And I will have you completely. Heart, mind, soul, and body." At the word "body" I press firmly with my two fingers. She gasps at my touch. "So whatever it takes, I will do it in order to have you. You might think you have choice, but you don't. That's because we are destined for each other."

I rub slowly with my two fingers and give her a long kiss on her neck, finally releasing her.

"Keep this." I hand her the jewelry box. "I will be back for it and I will be placing it on your finger." I move her out of the way and leave the shop.

Chapter 14 (Isabella)

Damn him. Damn him to hell.

I sink to the floor, spent from the intensity of his words and his touch. No one has ever touched me like that before. I hadn't thought I wanted to be touched like that. I mean, sure, I figured I'd have sex someday, but I thought it was just for the guy's pleasure and to have babies. But even as he was lecturing me on what he wanted, what he was doing to my body felt amazing. I wanted to kiss him so badly right then. That's despite the anger I was feeling toward him for trying to coerce me into marrying him.

I feel as if there is a pool of water in my undergarments right now. And it feels like my groin is on fire. I wanted his two fingers to continue what they were doing. Now I'm even more conflicted than before. I've never wanted a man more than I want Roberto. That doesn't change the fact that I have my own plans. Plans to go to college, to travel, to do, well I don't know; whatever I want.

I go and visit my cousin Bambina. We've always been close and she's a married woman. Maybe she'll have good advice.