All Comments on 'An Essay On Heroism'

by Emilymcplugger

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker6010 months ago

I agree with 95%. I have noticed in my own travels, the heros I have met have almost universally disdained the title, always saying some variation of: I was just doing my job, anyone would have done what I did (which I dispute, that's WHY they are heros to me). True heros don't want the title, it seems to me.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPenny10 months ago

Heroism - a complicated thing. You make some good points and thank you. *****

MigbirdMigbird10 months ago

Heroes and heroism — know them/it when you see it. Like what you shared here, especially selflessness and notion of mentoring. Thanks.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

Liz Cheney is narcissistic garbage and hero to no one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

RIP Ogg. You encouraged me to write, even when it was bad. Thanks to you, I actually got into professionally editing and writing. Thank you.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Thanks for your article!

4

chytownchytown10 months ago

*****Thanks for sharing. RIP Ogg

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire10 months ago

Thanks for remembering Ogg and participating in the event, Emily. You made some very good points and included Jack Kirby too!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I think of Todd Beamer and the passengers and crew of United 93 who stopped a kamikaze attempt against either the U.S. Capitol or the White House on 9/11/01.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Ogg truly was a hero! He grittily moved forward even knowing that the inevitable end for all of us was coming soon for him. Farewell and well done Ogg, you are truly a model for us! And Emily McP you are a bit of a hero yourself! Speaking in public eulogization for a fallen hero is a somewhat daunting task; and one you have admirably completed! I'm sure Ogg would be pleased that his legacy includes a wide circle of appreciative admirers. Thank you for sharing what that wonderful example of a man means to you. The good are long remembered, the great are never forgotten.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmilymcplugger@Emilymcplugger
Writing a story just as a one-off, maybe. Or maybe two. We’ll see. Well, we did see. We’re two stories done and two collections of short parody songs in POETRY. Next it was my oft-promised story of a virus/mind-control/reluctance/seduction/erotic horror/Sci-Fi story…The...