An Unexpected Gift

Story Info
A good man has his Christmas wish come true.
8.1k words
4.61
20.3k
31
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you for the continued encouragement to keep sharing my writing. It's done a lot for my confidence the last few months. This story is meant to be corny in a sweet way, inspired by the song 'Get Ready' by the Temptations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The broom swished across the room slowly, Tony's head bobbing to a rhythm that was only muted tones in the quiet room. With his headphones so loud, he couldn't hear the soft whirl of Ms. Gonzalez's computer, or the tap of her kitten heels moving down the hallway on the far side of the door.

Approaching her desk, Tony's face scrunched in curiosity as he noticed a small container in the centre, just above her notebook, an envelope with his name attached to the top of it. Resting the broom handle in the crook of his shoulder, Tony reached down and opened the envelope, removing the monographed stationary within. A wide grin split his face as he read.

Dear Mr. Lasavic,

Thank you so much for all that you do for the staff and the students.

- Ms G

Reaching for the container, Tony groaned in appreciation as he popped the top off and grabbed a cookie. Rosa Gonzalez had made him cookies four times in the two years she'd been at Heritage Heights Public School. Lots of the teachers thanked him for his work, but no one aside from Rosa gave him gifts. Biting into the chocolate chip cookie, he sighed in pleasure as he chewed, savouring its sweetness.

"Wow, you're really enjoying those cookies, aren't you?" Rosa teased as she entered her seventh-grade classroom, amused by the sounds escaping her colleague. When no answer came, she stepped closer, the heavy beat of his music leaking into the air. Grinning, Rosa moved to the other side of her desk, taking her seat to organize the printouts she'd just grabbed from the photocopier. She giggled quietly to herself as she glanced up at the man enjoying her cookies so thoroughly, he'd closed his eyes.

She watched in amusement as his eyes opened and then widened, his body moving unsuccessfully as he attempted to grab the broom he'd knocked in his surprise, without dropping the cookies. Righting himself, setting the cookies down, Tony pulled his headphones to his neck jerkily. "H-hey," he blurted, his cheeks heating as she laughed, her hazel eyes twinkling.

"Hey yourself Mr. Lasavic," she told him cheerily, stapling her handouts together.

"How many times I gotta tell you to call me Tony? And thanks for these," he murmured, slipping the lid back over the cookies, "I'll wash it and bring it back," he offered.

Rosa beamed at him, his blush deepening, "thank you, that's very sweet of you, and at least a few more times Mr. Lasavic."

Scratching the back of his head nervously, Tony frowned, "I wish ya would, I'd really like to call you Rosa," he muttered, "Ms. Gonzalez is a mouthful."

Slapping the stapler with the heel of her palm, Rosa tilt her face up to his, her lips beautiful and red against her tan skin and perfect white teeth, "oh, you can just call me Rosa, if you want," she offered.

"See, I don't like that, if I'm callin' ya Rosa, then I'm gonna assume we're friends and my friends call me Tony," he explained, grinning toothily as she laughed.

"Oh, we're absolutely friends, this isn't my first time around the block. Mr. Carter might think he's in charge just cause his office says 'Principal' on the door, but I know who really gets things done around this place," she teased, straightening her handouts, tapping them against her desk.

Rolling his eyes, Tony scoffed, "just 'cause I do everything you ask me to, doesn't mean I do the same favours for everyone else."

"Oh, guess I'm special then," Rosa joked, "I'm sure that has nothing to do with my bribery," she guessed sarcastically, gesturing at the cookies as she stacked her handouts into the bin system behind her desk.

Tony inhaled sharply, forcing his face to relax into a lazy smile, doing his best not to project his feelings. "Yeah, you could say that" he admitted bashfully.

Rosa was incredibly special to him. He always found himself putting off his to do list in order to fulfill any request she made. Hanging her cellphone pocket wall? Poaching her an extra desk from another wing? Saving every toilet paper roll in the school for one of her art projects? Helping her carry paper from the supply closet on the other side of the school on nights no one else was around? She asked, and she received. The cookies were great, but his help had everything to do with who she was and very little to do with the sugar.

Rosa was the type of teacher he loved, the ones that acknowledged him and his work, were considerate, and had the kids tidy up the room before they left for the day to make his life a little easier.

It was also her dedication. The woman was always here after hours, working on new inventive lessons for her students. He loved watching her light up as she told him what she was working on. He would have thought her an angel if she weren't downright scary when disciplining, but if anything, it kinda turned him on, he liked a woman with expectations and the backbone to enforce them.

That was the problem though, she wasn't just a teacher in his eyes, she was also the most attractive woman he'd ever spoken to. With delicately arched brows, soft features, and knockout curves, her body was his every wet dream. He wanted nothing more than to run his hands over her hips, up her waist and over her perfect handful tits. He'd give his left nut just to taste her caramel skin on his tongue, to bury his face in all that beautiful soft brown hair as he crushed her body against his.

Laughing, Rosa winked at him, "I'm glad my plan's working. Serious question: How many batches of cookies will it take to get you to set up the auditorium risers early for me on Thursday?" she asked, wagging her brows at him conspiratorially.

Tony smiled, deciding to finally do something about his feelings, "I think it'll cost ya dinner," he told her, his heart pounding, pleased he'd finally man'd up the nerve to ask her out.

Her mouth twisting into a small smirk, Rosa nodded, "alright, dinner, Thursday, you got it," she promised, reaching for her purse and her winter coat, relieved to finally be done for the day. "Have a good night, Tony," she called over her shoulder as she left the room, locking the handle for him on the way out.

Tony's lips curled into a smug smile the minute he was alone. He couldn't believe it. He had a date with Rosa. Placing his headphones back on his ears, his grin widened as his head bobbed to the music, it'd actually been a bit of a shit day, but between Rosa's cookies and asking her out successfully, it was turning into a good night.

TUESDAY

Leaning back in her chair, Rosa tugged on the elastic holding her ponytail, letting her hair tumble around her shoulders. Threading her fingers through the strands at her temples, she closed her eyes and sighed heavily.

"That good a day, eh?" Tony asked sardonically, glancing at Rosa as he entered her classroom to change out her hand sanitizer.

"Hhphm," Rosa acknowledged, opening her eyes as she folded her arms on her desk, leaning heavily on her forearms, "just Tyler."

"That kid's a prick, what'd he do today?" Tony asked, tossing the empty soap bag into the trash as he approached her desk.

"Sexually harassed Serena," Rosa replied dryly.

"Did he touch her?" Tony questioned, genuinely interested as to whether the little snot had finally been suspended.

"No, just made comments about her body that made her, me, and the rest of the class uncomfortable. Sent him to the office, he got off with a warning, was back before the bell rang," Rosa rolled her eyes, resting her cheek on her fist, propping herself up.

"That's such bullshit," Tony commented, hands on his hips, a furrow in his brow.

Shrugging, Rosa eyed the boy's desk, "not much we can do about it. Progressive Discipline is policy, as long as he's non-violent there's not really any punishment. I've had conversations with him about respecting women but he doesn't listen and he's got his heart set on Serena. I feel awful for her. I told her to ask her mother to complain so that something is finally done. I wish I could do more but if Mr. Carter isn't on board there's not much I can do other than try to keep him as far away from her during class as possible."

Tony nodded his understanding, "when we were kids, shit was handled on the playground, if somebody'd just pop that little fucker in the face, he'd learn to keep those thoughts in his head real quick."

"That's not very politically correct of you Mr Las -, sorry, Tony," Rosa teased, a smile spreading over her mouth.

Grinning, content she was finally dropping formality, Tony nodded, "that's why I'm a custodian, how you have the patience for this shit is beyond me," he commiserated, gesturing around the room.

Rosa's laughter filled the air, "don't lie, you love the kids just as much I do, I've seen your office door, it's covered in crafts from the primary wing."

Tony scoffed, "yeah, the little ones are cute, the ones you teach though," he scrunched up his face in distaste, "nasty attitudes."

Rosa turned her attention to her computer on the corner of her desk, navigating to her email, "they're just going through puberty, trying to find themselves, they try on different personalities the same way they change their clothes. You get used to it. I personally love this age; they really question the world and start thinking for themselves, well, with a little encouragement. The attitude is a pain sometimes but the payoff when you see a lightbulb go off behind their eyes? A thousand percent worth it."

"I'm not sure Tyler has a lightbulb," he joked.

"As much of a dick as he can be, Tyler is still someone's kid Tony, don't put him in a box yet, he might surprise us. All kids can grow with the right support and encouragement," Rosa lectured as her mauve nails tapped the keyboard of her laptop, her eyes glued to the screen.

Tony smiled lazily as he watched her work, a small crease between her brows as she read another email. He was smitten with this woman alright, he almost wished he'd had a teacher that optimistic about him when he'd been in school. "I'll take your word for it, I'll be back in an hour to sweep after I finish Wilson's room, if I don't see ya, have a good night eh?"

"Oh, wait a sec," Rosa called, glancing up from her screen, "you okay with enchiladas? Do you like spice?"

Tony blinked at her in confusion, "yes to both? Why?"

"Dinner of course, for helping me Thursday, I was gonna make some extras for you tomorrow night," Rosa explained, grinning at him.

Tony's lips pressed together in a grim line, disappointment settling in the pit of his stomach. He warred with himself for a moment, wavering between clarifying that he wanted a date and telling her he appreciated her thoughtfulness in asking.

Sighing, he opted to save himself the embarrassment of rejection, if she wanted to date him, she would have interpreted him properly wouldn't she? "yeah, sounds good, thanks," he muttered, turning his back on her as he left the room.

Rosa tilt her head in confusion as she watched his broad back retreat. She'd never seen Tony so gloomy. He was always smiles, especially with her. Did he not like enchiladas? She gnawed gently on her lower lip, should she make something else? Was he just being polite?

Folding her arms over her desk, Rosa pressed her forehead to her forearms, closing her eyes. She'd failed many people today, Serena when she explained her limitations when it came to discipline. Tyler for not getting her lessons on respect through his head; (Tony was right he was going to get his ass kicked soon if he didn't start minding his mouth). Mr Carter for sending him yet another problem, and now Tony. She sighed dejectedly, Tony's face the only one that really continued to nag at her.

She liked Tony, he was friendly and helpful and joked with her often. Rosa smirked against her arms; he was also cute. She knew he had to be at least thirty, but he had a babyface when he didn't have a beard that made him seem younger, closer to her twenty-eight. She also really liked the scar that bisected his eyebrow. It made him look rough in a sexy way.

Sighing, she frowned, admitting to herself she had a small crush on the blue eyed, brunette man. She wanted to make him happy, he certainly went out of his way to make her life easier, the least she could do was make something he'd like.

He liked spice. She'd make him tacos instead. What man didn't like tacos? Satisfied with her plan, Rosa turned back to long list of emails.

WEDNESDAY

Rosa's brow furrowed in disappointment as she clicked off her classroom light and pulled on her coat. Down the hall, she could see Tony's cart as he cleaned the room three doors down from hers. It was odd she hadn't seen him. Normally he'd empty the trash in every room and then begin his rounds.

Making her way out of the building, Rosa paused in the lit doorway and poked her head in the room. She watched Tony's back for a moment as he mopped, licking her lips, Rosa admitted to herself she rather liked the way the muscles in his arms moved with each figure eight he made with the mop. "Hey, just wanted to say goodnight," she called, frowning when he didn't reply.

Setting her purse down on the nearest desk, Rosa moved towards him, sighing when she realized his headphones were firmly cupping his ears again, and so loud she could hear his rock song clearly. Extending her hand, she tapped him gently on the back.

A loud clatter and a gasp echoed in the room a moment later as Tony's mop hit the ground, the same time he spun and knocked Rosa off balance. Reaching for her reflexively, Tony yanked her into his arms to prevent her from tripping over the desk behind her. "Y'okay?" he asked, too loudly in the quiet room.

Fingers curled into the material at his shoulders, Rosa nodded, wide eyed, unsure how to feel crushed against him, one of his forearms bracing her back, the other hand gripping her upper arm. Shivering slightly, she nodded, enjoying the heat rolling off his solid body. "Yeah, I think so," she whispered, tilting her face up towards his worried gaze.

He held her for a long moment as they stared at each other, when his eyes dipped to her mouth, Rosa's pussy clenched, her nipples beading beneath the material of her thick coat. Cheeks flaming at her reaction to his interest, Rosa dropped her eyes to his chin, trying to thwart off her temptation to kiss him.

Releasing her reluctantly, Tony pulled his headphones down to his neck, "ya gotta quit sneaking up on me," he muttered, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to grab you."

Rosa rubbed her arm where he'd gripped her, mildly disappointed he wasn't touching her anymore, "it's fine, you saved me from a fall, sorry for the kerfuffle, I just wanted to say goodnight," she apologized.

"You sure?" he clarified worriedly; concern evident at the way she was still holding her arm where he'd grabbed her.

Dropping her hand, too embarrassed to admit the desire he'd stirred in her, Rosa nodded.

Tony smiled at her as he collected his mop, "Okay then, night Rosa, get home safe, it's slippery out there," he advised, gesturing at the fat snowflakes falling outside the classroom windowpanes.

"Thanks, I will," she promised, collecting her purse before disappearing out the door.

Reaching down to adjust himself, Tony sighed, returning to his mopping as his brain painted vivid images of what she'd feel like pressed up against him without her clothes.

THURSDAY

Tony sat in his office, listening to the grade two performance of 'Frosty the Snowman' down the hall as he ate his dinner. Rosa had rushed over to him at the beginning of the evening, thanking him profusely for setting up the risers over lunch so the kids could get one more last-minute practice in before their 'Christmas Music Night' performance. She'd pushed a large Tupperware container into his hands and told him to enjoy.

Biting into his second taco, Tony chewed slowly as he thought about how stupid he was for thinking she'd actually agreed to go out with him. The food was good, and he appreciated the meal, but truthfully, it was a poor consolation prize to being able to have Rosa all to himself outside a professional setting. He was doubly disappointed that tonight marked the beginning of Christmas break and he wouldn't see her again for two weeks.

~ ~ ~

An hour later, Rosa's cheeks were beginning to hurt from reminding the kids to smile. The Christmas concert was turning out to be a success, all the primaries had sung, as had the juniors. Mr. Singh was conducting the intermediate band through sleighbells, and then it'd be over.

Tony leaned against the wall at the back of the gymnasium as Mr Carter thanked all the parents for coming out and the staff for putting on the concert, wishing them all a great break and an enjoyable holiday. He watched as the crowd began shuffling out a moment later, kids chattering excitedly as tired parents ushered them towards the exits.

"Did you watch?" Rosa asked, sidling up to his side in the crowded room.

"Some of it, the rugrats were cute," he joked.

Rosa beamed at him, "thanks for staying late to help clean up, you really didn't need to do that," she explained, gesturing at some of the kids from her class that were already folding and stacking chairs.

Tony shrugged, "Eric is doing his rounds, didn't seem fair to leave this to him too," he explained, referencing the nightshift custodian.

"Well aren't you thoughtful," Rosa teased, gesturing at the storage under the stage when a kid called out and asked where to put the extra chairs.

"I don't think I'll need to do much, seems your child labour has it covered," he joked, lifting his chin towards a kid that'd pilfered one of his brooms from the storage closet.

Rosa slapped him lightly in the arm with the back of her hand, an amused smile on her lips as she moved away from him and towards a group of students calling for her.

~ ~ ~

"Is that the last of them?" Tony asked, making Rosa jump slightly as she watched taillights disappear out of the parking lot.

"Oh jeez, you scared me," she muttered, turning to face him, a hand on her chest.

Tony smirked, "seems fair after how many times you've startled me this week," he joked, "where's Carter?"

"I told him to go home, and I'd wait for Mika's dad to pick her and Hazel up," she explained.

Nodding, Tony stepped past her and locked the front door, "That was nice of you, I'm done, gym's all set for after the break. Want me to walk you to your car?" he offered.

"Yeah, that'd be great, thanks, just let me get my coat and my purse from my classroom," she agreed, already heading down the hall.

Following, Tony did his best not to let his eyes linger on her ass, reminding himself they were colleagues and he probably shouldn't be fantasizing about how great it'd feel in his hands. He waited in the doorway, his coat over his arm as he watched her grab her jacket off the back of her chair and her purse from her desk.

"Oh jeez, it really snowed didn't it," Rosa murmured a few minutes later as she stepped through the thick snow in her heels.

Tony glanced down at her pantyhose clad legs and then at the half foot of snow piled on her car. "Just get in and start the heater, I'll clean it off for you," he offered.

"Oh, I can't let you do that, you have your own car to worry about," she objected, gesturing at his vehicle parked on the other side of the lot.

"Don't be silly Rosa, you're not dressed for this, your coat doesn't even have a hood. We've been outside for two minutes and you're already shivering, just let me do it for you," he insisted.

Smiling brightly, Rosa nodded as she climbed into her car, "okay, thank you."